Start by marking “F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way” as Want to Read:
F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way

F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way

Saying Fuck It is like massage for the mind - relaxing you, releasing tension, giving up on things that aren't working. This title argues that saying Fuck It is a spiritual act: that it is the perfect western expression of the eastern ideas of letting go, giving up and finding real freedom by realising that things don't matter so much (if at all).
Published September 3rd 2008 by Hay House UK (first published 2007)

Truth, Dare, or Handcuffs or Threeway by Jade JamesSuch a Pretty Fat by Jen LancasterTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMacho Sluts by Patrick Califia-RiceGeorge Bush, Dark Prince of Love by Lydia Millet
Worst Book Titles
187 books — 161 voters
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe Secret by Rhonda ByrneThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillThe Reframe by Brian Maddox
Best Self Help Books
1,675 books — 2,077 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
While I agree (generally) with the sentiment of this book, you really don’t have to read any of it to know and understand its content. The title is pretty self-explanatory: just fuck it. All that stuff you’re worrying about? Fuck it. Those people that piss you off? Fuck it. Fuck it all and live your life in a way that feels good for you.

That’s it.

It’s a wonderful and effective life philosophy (for me, anyway), but it’s truly not very complex— it definitely doesn’t require 200+ pages of explana
Summer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
I would give this book a ten star review if I could. Every single person who worries a lot should read this book. It’s fantastic! It opened my eyes and I am really happy that I read it. It’s funny how people tend to complicate things and life and struggle with other people opinions.. it’s all so dumb, unhealthy and unnecessary. Read this book and thank me later ;).
Özlem Güzelharcan

The Ultimate Waste-of-time.
Gary
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This is one of the most inspirational books I have read this year. It manages to explain a lot of Eastern philosophy so simply; something that many hundreds of thousands pages in many different books have tried to go into so much detail about.

When you say fuck it, you are giving up your tension in whatever you are saying it to, and replacing it with a mind open to whatever happens next. And as your psychological tensions weaken, your physical ones start to disappear too.

However, what John Parkin
James Norbury
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
I did not get on well with this book. I appreciate the idea but it is a very simplistic view of a complicated idea which could end up with negative consequences if read by someone in the wrong mindstate. I would not recommend it.
Margo
Jul 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Taking my queue from this title - life's too short for this nonsense !!
Alex
Jun 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
Good lord. This was honestly one of the most terrible books I have ever read. Usually if I struggle to finish a book, it's because it's gotten a little dull, or not captivating my attention. This one, however, I found difficult to read due to the sheer amount of eye-rolling occurring at every page, and I could barely manage one page at a time.

The premise is simple enough, and one that I actually agree with: there can be a lot of stress in life nowadays, so sometimes we need to learn to say 'fuck
Vivian
May 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way definitely has shock value, if for no other reason than for its title and provocative word choice. Mr. Parkin stresses that by saying "f**k it," we can learn to let go, relax and simply give in to the flow of life. Saying these two little words can alleviate most of the stress and stressors in our lives because we will no longer take things so seriously, especially those things we cannot change.

In some ways I can understand why saying "f**k it" is equated to t
Karina
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although interesting, the book is too informal and flippant to be of much use - it's full of platitudes and is of that annoyingly repetitive writing style that just doesn't work for me. Like many books of it's genre, it's more about grabbing attention and telling some anecdotes, than actual strategies for dealing with situations. It spends more time trying to convince you of it's worth than providing value.
Henry Mishkoff
Aug 04, 2010 rated it did not like it
I gave this book one star, but that's only because a zero-star rating was not available.
Michelle
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
I love snark, also called sarcasm. I tend to use it frequently, much to everyone else's chagrin. When I saw this title on NetGalley, I thought I would be getting a wonderfully funny, irreverent book with a tongue-in-cheek presentation of philosophy. In a way, F*** It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way is indeed that but so much more.

Touted as akin to Taoism and other spiritual beliefs, the main premise of the F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way philosophy is letting go. Indeed, there is merit in this i
Ana Mardoll
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ana-reviewed
F**k It / 978-1-401-92759-2

I really like the philosophy behind this book - the idea contained herein is that we need to stop stressing so much over everything ("Am I good enough? Holy enough? Peaceful enough? Loving enough? A good enough spouse, child, parent, employee, person, citizen?") and just say "f--- it" to things that we can't control (and even quite a few things that we can) and learn to relax a little. It's the Total Perspective Vortex of books - you're not important, and you never wil
Vicky
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
I liked the premise of this and wanted so much to like the book. I didn't even finish it.

What this book is, is nothing more than journey into one man's rambling thoughts about society and spiritually. It's a constant contradiction - if things don't matter to you, they can't bother you. You can be free if nothing matters to you. While I appreciate this is a spiritual concept that works for many, I actually think a lot of things matter.

I found some of his writing quite offensive. "If you want to s
Ola Loobeensky
In effect of many different life experiences I turned / allowed myself to turn into spoiled, stubborn beyond the limits of reason, addicted, measuring his worth by the chaos he unwinds (That's Rowling, nice one, eh?) mofo and after multiple failures I've been seriously considering changing myself, switching to different patterns, introducing some sort of self-discipline and things like that (I still believe it's not the worst way to achieve all this but it's not easy and certainly not quick). I' ...more
Cath Duncan
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Agile Living is about creating a multi-dimensional, flexible and resourceful mindset and lifestyle that welcomes variety, change and uncertainty. Like an agile dancer that moves and changes easily, to create something beautiful, Agile Living is about having a mind that moves and changes easily to create something beautiful. So I’m always interested to find out more about what makes us stiffen up, go rigid, hold back or get stuck in our dance, and how we can dissolve that and go back to our natur ...more
M
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many people rate books depending on whether they understand the content or not. Or, better said, whether or not their expectations are met. I used to think one should also bring in the factor of language and style, and be more professional about it. This means this book should have a much higher average rating than it gets, according to myself.

But fuck it.

This book, needs more stars than available. It is flowing, funny, and if you are not an uptight ass, you will feel something incredible. Amazi
Lindsay
Jul 05, 2011 rated it liked it
If Eckhart Tolle and a rowdy, four-letter loving sailor/bartender/badass had a child (go with it), this would be the result. This is for the anti-"new age" person. The person who is a little more rough around the edges, the person who doesn't want to hear about Jesus, and "Being" and everything in between. It is more for someone who wants a little more straightforward way of thinking about this whole concept of letting go and not caring. I think the process he suggests (um...f*ck it to just abou ...more
Anna
May 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: office
I thought I got rid of this once and for all, and then Goodreads sends me a mail next day to remind me of it. Here it goes then: it was horrible, so painful, it just made me more miserable. The whole book can be summed up in 1-2 sentences. For me it remains the proof that the courageous people will win over the world - not because their work is good, but because the good authors are just shy in their closets. No matter how much he tries to prove that all theories work (or don't work) in the same ...more
Gigliola Conte-Patel
Good book, there were some very spiritual bits that were a bit wishy washy but what I enjoyed is applying the adage Fuck It to everything that creates tension or resistance. It's a book that urges the reader to accept what is and not to resist or judge. Example - you get angry because someone cuts you off in traffic and then you judge yourself for giving into road rage. Don't. Anger is simply and emotion and is no better or worse than peaceful resignation. It is what it is.
Alicia
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Apart from the first chapter and the whole "I'm so brilliant go do a F**k It retreat or an online course" at the end of the book, I absolutely devoured this. It really puts things into perspective and I think the whole idea of F**k It is a great one to try and apply to life as much as possible. It's another one of those books I think most everyone should read. I feel like I've already learned to relax more and I've already learnt to let things go easier, just a day after finishing. It's funny as ...more
𖤐RareBookAlien➳
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I’ve had this Book for ages & I’ve actually read it once before...But I didn’t add it on here for some reason & I can’t remember when I first read it, so fuck it! 😜

This was an apt Book to read on New’s Year’s Eve-Basically about all of the struggles of life & how {& why} to say fuck it to them all! 😄

I didn’t agree with *everything* the Author was saying-As is often the case with these kind of Books. But most of it resonated a lot & was presented in a funny, relatable way. 👍🏽

I recommend this to
Anya
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely worth reading more than once.
Stavroula
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An honest view on our feelings! The text is well written and funny. I found it helpful to deal with anxiety.
Andrea James
When I read the back cover of the book and saw that the author's parents were Anglican preachers, I assumed that the author was American. As I started reading it, I thought, "Hmrm the author has a remarkably British sense of humour for an American" and then he made references to things that were based in the UK and I thought "I wonder if he lived here".

It's incredible that my association of America and religion is so strong that it took me till the second chapter before I thought, "Wait a secon
Ingrid
"Fuck it" is a self-help book that manifests its content through humorous stories and "straight talk". It's an easy read and I even laughed a couple of times. The main reason I read this book is because of the title, which intrigued my while I was browsing at the library. On the downside the title also sums up the entire book. If you ever get your nickers in a twist, repeat the title of this book a couple of times in your head.

Early in the book it is quite clear that this is a male author writi
Kevin Berg
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I borrowed this book filled with hope, the title was intriguing, and I wanted to see how many points I was already living to their fullest. An honest attempt at improvement became a total disappointment.

The asterisks on the cover are cute, but it gets frustrating when the author uses the same approach to cursing throughout the text. There are a few points when he actually writes the word "fuck," and it was invigorating, but only for a moment. If the mantra is to say fuck it, then fucking say it.
Stephen Redwood
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: psychology
There is undoubtedly an attraction to the notion that the response to anything in life that is troubling you can be just "f**k it", but it wouldn't take too many responses like that to serious life events for one to be really and truly f**ked. Skim off the top of the abundant self help literature that's out there, add in a bit of 'do what I tell you and your life will get better', give it a catchy label and you have this book. It's fun but trite, curiously occasionally relying on laddish humor f ...more
Ellen Bard
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A "light" spiritual-type book, with lots of bits taken from Buddhism and many others. The five key techniques are: relaxing, letting go, accepting, watching impartially, and conscious breathing. All very reasonable and helpful! The message gets a bit repetitive (imagine the title, and then just apply it to everything!) but there's useful message in there. And something fun to say inside your head...
Janine
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book might have just changed my life. I've read quite a few self - help (or as my library kindly categorises them 'Living and Learning') books in my time but none have had such an instant impact. There are good examples in the book to ground it in reality, and it got quite a few chuckles out of me. I even got a raised eyebrow from the librarian when I checked it out. I felt quite the rebel.
Itai Makate
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a pdf copy and will definitely get a paperback. This is a profane filled albeit with one one, Fuck! It captures what troubles most people, the inability to live life without resistance. He gives countless balanced contradictions to highlight how we should go with the flow as it were. Great and fun read. Worth reading once annually.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Empati
  • Olasılıksız
  • Šiukšlyno žmonės
  • Anayurt Oteli
  • Zeka Oyunları 1
  • How to Win at Russian Roulette: And Other Fiendish Logic Problems. Thomas Byrne and Tom Cassidy
  • Breakthrough
  • The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50
  • How to Develop Emotional Health
  • Hayır Diyebilme Sanatı
  • Doctor Who: Shada
  • Invaded (Alienated, #2)
  • The Rabbi's Cat