Start by marking “A Reckoning in Brooklyn” as Want to Read:
A Reckoning in Brooklyn

A Reckoning in Brooklyn

Bushwick Brooklyn in the 1970s is a cesspool of drugs, violence, and depravity. Every aspect of life in the blighted neighborhood has been contaminated by the Mafia. Butchie Bucciogrosso is an Italian cop who detests the Mob. A survivor of the streets, he returns from Vietnam only to find Bushwick in ruin. His partner, Fast Eddie Curran, had to kill his way out of Belfast. ...more
Published December 1st 2019 by Michael O'Keefe

To ask other readers questions about A Reckoning in Brooklyn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reckoning in Brooklyn

Start your review of A Reckoning in Brooklyn
Seraphia
A Reckoning in Brooklyn by Michael O'Keefe is a fascinating and gritty historical fiction novel that takes you back in time to the 1950s all the way through to the 1970s. The blurb led me to believe the storyline was going to go one way and the author dunks me into a novel full of gritty moments, intense situations, drama, danger, and corruption.
A Reckoning in Brooklyn is the first book that I have read by Michael O'Keefe and I could not put this book down! When I absolutely had to...my mind
Jon
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michael O'Keefe's books are full of mayhem, murder, and blackmail, but he writes with such glee, momentum, and heart that the reader is swept along by the relentless action, the wisecracking banter, and the poignancy of his tales. O'Keefe's latest book, "A Reckoning in Brooklyn," is set in Bushwick at the end of the 1970s. It's about the narcotics business, the Mafia, and police corruption. It's also about families--the family you're born into and the family you make for yourself. At the center ...more
Molly
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
He might have thought the war was over when he returned from Vietnam.

Not only did he face the ghosts of his war, he faced the effects of the absence of good men in the neighborhood. So many died, in body and soul. The soul of their neighborhood bore the grief, the loss, and the marks of the greed that reigned in their absence.

A pain and blood filled battle with darkened shadowing even the pockets of light.

Pat Eroh
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a book by this author prior to this so I expected a lot based on how good that book was. I was not disappointed. This book is about an awesome street cop in New York - a location and job that this author is familiar with. I love the heroes Butchie and Fast Eddie who are willing to put their lives on the line to do the right thing. You just do not see that anymore.

RABT Book Tours and PR
added it
Dec 06, 2019

• What Happens in Paradise
  • The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding
  • Strangers She Knows (Cape Charade, #3)
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)