Start by marking “Stay Mad, Sweetheart” as Want to Read:
Stay Mad, Sweetheart

Stay Mad, Sweetheart

THERE’S A FINE LINE BETWEEN INNOCENCE AND GUILT. AN EVEN FINER LINE BETWEEN JUSTICE AND REVENGE.

Data scientist Laura prefers the company of her books to the real world – let alone that cesspit online. But when her best friend Emily becomes the victim of horrific cyberbullying, she makes it her all-engulfing mission to track down the worst culprits.

Petite corporate
Published November 19th 2019 by Red Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Stay Mad, Sweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay Mad, Sweetheart

Start your review of Stay Mad, Sweetheart
Hans
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexual harassment and workplace discrimination of women are tackled in this fabulous read. The story is very believable and worrying at the same time. Suki, Claire and Laura are very believable characters.

I can't help wondering whether the software described really exists?! Another worrisome thing if it does ....

This is told so realistic Heleen Kist must have experienced it herself.
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
How do I review a book that is so current, so now and more importantly a book that everyone should read?

The start of this story is quite sombre. We hear all to often about the bullying and trolling that can go on, on line, of which Emily finds herself victim to. My heart went out to this woman who I had only known for a brief few moments.

As the story goes along, we get to meet Laura, Suki and Claire. All very much career women and good at what they do. It was actually an eye opener to see
Col
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, k
Synopsis/blurb.....

THERE'S A FINE LINE BETWEEN INNOCENCE AND GUILT. AN EVEN FINER LINE BETWEEN JUSTICE AND REVENGE.

Data scientist Laura prefers the company of her books to the real world – let alone that cesspit online. But when her best friend Emily becomes the victim of horrific cyber bullying, she makes it her all-engulfing mission to track down the worst culprits.

Petite corporate financier Suki is about to outshine the stupid boys at her firm: she's leading the acquisition of Edinburgh's
Kelly Van Damme
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hi and welcome to my review of Stay Mad, Sweetheart! Massive thanks to Red Dog Press for the paperback!

Today I’m here to tell you… that I have no idea what to tell you

I could tell you that this is a very topical and important book. Who knows, you may be someone who feels it’s important to pick up important books. Frankly, I am not. Tell me a book is important and odds are I’ll run the other way, ‘cause important books are boring and/or pedantic, right? Wrong! Stay Mad, Sweetheart is neither,
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This book, I mean wow! It is totally a now book, very relevant to the #metoo movement. I’m not going to voice my opinions on this movement but I did like the take Stay Mad, Sweetheart took on this and the wider scope of cyberbullying. I found this segment of the story heartbreaking. Bullying in any form is awful but to the degree, that occurs in this book is astonishing. It’s cruel, uncalled for and you can see elements of this on Twitter in this present day. There are way too many keyboard ...more
Shalini
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author Helen Kist has done it again, written book which was so in tune with the work culture of today. She has brought it out into the open for all of us.

3 women Laura, Suki, and Claire’s lives were intertwined with Emily. Their ire was raised when they came to know how a woman was vilified by the trolls of Twitter. The emotional effects of cyber bullying led to the three standing up for themselves.

Second book by author Heleen Kist, she has smashed this one right out of the part in a glorious
Jesika
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
I'm not sure how to review this novel, except to start with if you are so much as thinking about reading it, you absolutely should.

I didn't know what to expect, but this book pulled me in and I couldn't put it down. The writing is that hard to achieve conversational tone between intelligent women, the plot is extremely well paced and not one of the characters comes across as anything less than a fully realised person. It was a joy to read, and I read it in 26 hours.

There are a lot of novels
Danielle
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Stay Mad' this was my mood the whole time reading Stay Mad, Sweetheart, it sparked a thought provoking interest in themes that are entwined into this anger inducingly gripping novel, I fell down a hole of podcasts to understand the themes further and that only solidified how important I thought this book is, it needs to be read - it's not only a book, it's the experiences of women in a world where they are deemed as the lesser sex, where they are clawing to survive in a misogynistic riddled ...more
Louise Beech
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intelligent and topical read. A book that - while you're hungrily turning the pages - also makes you think. Makes you angry. Highly recommended.
Madeleine Black
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whilst this is a work of fiction, I also think it is an incredibly important book for both men and women to read. It cleverly raises awareness through the story being weaved of the everyday sexism that women face daily both at their work place and private life, and also makes us question what exactly does consent look like. Really enjoyed this fast paced read and will be reading more from this author. #TimesUp
Jessica Belmont
Everything about Stay Mad, Sweetheart is incredible. This 5 star novel is in the running for my favorite of 2019 for so many reasons, but I'm only going to cover some of them, so you have time to read!!!

In the wake of the 'me too' movement, Stay Mad, Sweetheart shows us the realities of sexual harassment and unfair gender discrimination in the workplace. Heelen Kist delves deep into this topi c and creates this compelling, and realistic view of a real issue.

The characters in this novel are
Robert Parker
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twisting and thrilling, topical, nuanced and insightful - and so beautifully written. It's a bold, relatable, REAL, lyrical, standout read and it's going to knock everyone's socks off.
The Reads
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happy new week to everyone! Well I am extremely excited to bring to you my review for Stay Mad, Sweetheart by the awesome Heleen Kist. In order for a reader to truly enjoy a book they need to connect with it on some level, be that a previous experience, a love for the story or a topic that you have wanted someone accurately depict for some time. This isthebook that we all didn’t know we needed. This book ticks all the boxes. The writing is plain addictive with kaleidoscopic complexity. Now I ...more
Sue
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Data Scientist Laura is brilliant at her work, but not what you would call a mixer. She prefers the company of books and her cat Atticus, She most certainly does not approve of social media.

But when her best friend Emily becomes the victim of cyber-bullying, she takes it upon herself to see if she can track down the guilty parties using her skills.

Corporate financier Suki, is leading a deal to acquire the start-up company run by Laura and her business partner Justin. Battling against sexism and
Ally
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The story follows Laura on her all round trip of having her company acquisitioned, however there are plenty of fun twist and turns along the way when she and her two new friends would like their worlds set to rights by the people who have wronged them the most.

Laura was by far my favourite character in this book, she was extremely likeable from the offset, she reminded me of myself, introverted, loves her books and will always find time to sneak in a quick read, even in work. I absolutely LOVED
Michelle Ryles
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-read
I haven't read many feminist novels (shame on me) but I was drawn to this book not only by its subject matter but by its comparison to the TV show Suits. Although the comparison is obvious, there is definitely more drama, skullduggery and ambition in Stay Mad, Sweetheart than there is in a whole series of Suits. Stay Mad, Sweetheart would make an amazing series and I hope it gets snapped up for TV.

Laura is my favourite character as she most resonated with me. Laura just wants to do a good job
Hina Tabassum
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published on Hina Loves To Read

The starting was a little slow for me but the emotion building was still there.

The book has been called a modern day #MeToo thriller and that was what intrigued me about it in the first place. I am glad to say I was not disappointed.

The sexism at work that the book portrays is all too real (I am in the world of Finance and I am speaking from experience here) and I totally get what Suki would have gone through.

The Emily bit gave me a pause as I had not
Sonya Alford
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gosh! How do I even begin to review this book? It’s virtually impossible. I am just blown away.

This was such an amazing read. I really liked the author’s style of writing and the way the story began was just great. The chapters were clearly set out showing which character was the narrator. I found 'Stay Mad, Sweetheart' to be extremely gripping. There were just so many shocks and surprises, so many twists and turns. I also liked the dark humour throughout.

As the storyline developed, I found
Lel Budge
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This really is a must read, it’s very relevant for the time we live in.

This is Laura’s story, her friend Emily is vilified online after she posts her sexual assault by a Hollywood star online. It was meant to be anonymous but she was identified and out came the trolls…making her life unliveable.

Laura wants to get justice for her friend, at the same time dealing with the potential sale of her company. She was the co-founder with her friend Justin and the sale could bring them millions.

As a data
Dave Hart
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ESSENTIAL READING FOR EVERYONE

Men, don't be put off by the #MeToo foundations of this book — it is essential, thrilling reading for all, and boy, will it make you think. Yes, the heart of the story shines a light on those grey areas of interaction, where questions of harassment, consent and discrimination all play out, but it is the very 'greyness' of them that make this novel stand out for me. At no time is this an anti-male diatribe – the author allows us to explore perceptions and
rina dunn
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everybody needs to read this book! It's completely current and timely and covers a very important subject. Far from being very political this book which covers Gender discrimination and sexual harassment towards women is written in an easy to read engaging way.
The plot follows three highly independent, intellectual women who are all experiencing sexism, and discrimination in some way. When Laura's friend is subject to horrific cyber bullying which results in tragedy the three women's lives are
Gemma Turner
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Topical and compelling, a fantastic read!

Heleen has a real skill in bringing her characters to life and providing a depth to them that enables you to get really drawn into the book. You’ll be rooting for them like they’re your friends and feel fury at their set backs!

The way the story unfolds has you speed reading with bated breath at times. The topics covered are extremely relevant, however there’s a fun aspect to this book too, mixed in with the business setting provides a different,
C.D. Baxter
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not into psychological thrillers normally but I was curious. I've only read the preview on Amazon but I give four stars, well deserved, for the writing. It draws you into the subject matter easily and will keep you on edge until you get to the end. You'll want to read more as it's very well described. You'll definitely feel there's a good reason the title is "Stay Mad, Sweetheart". I always enjoy getting a "video clip" in my mind while reading and in this story you can tell what this girl is ...more
Stuart McLean
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intelligent and thought-provoking book that manages to balance the fine tightrope of highlighting a difficult subject while also being entertaining. The book shines a light on everyday sexism but without being preachy, and without once veering away from being a fine piece of storytelling. The protagonists are likeable and well-rounded, and even the unpleasant characters come across as human. It isn't easy to balance entertainment with a serious subject matter but this book pulls it off with ...more
s
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not great at writing book reviews, mainly because I tend to want to jump straight to the spoilers, you know those bits that really grab you so you want to see how other people react to them?
But without ruining anything for potential readers I can say that this is a thought-provoking book with diverse, strong characters. Besides being completely ‘of the moment’ - addressing the highly topical #MeToo and ‘consent’ conversations – Stay Mad Sweetheart has some unexpected twists along the way.
M.Sean Coleman
Nov 07, 2019
Kristen
Nov 10, 2019
Heleen Kist
Nov 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rachel Thomas
Joann
Nov 20, 2019
Hélène
Nov 21, 2019

• Crazy For You (Soho Noir, #4)
  • Killer Queen (Soho Noir, #5)
  • The Home
  • Violet
  • 17 Church Row
  • Búrið
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Slash
  • Khi Tách Cà Phê Còn Chưa Nguội
  • Into the Dark (Romantic Suspense #23; Cincinnati #5)
  • Hearthstone Cottage
  • A Proclivity To Prurience: Obsession Comes With A Price (The Obsession Trilogy)
  • Safe House
  • A Different Time
  • My Name is Why
  • Rewind
  • Careless Whisper (Soho Noir, #3)