Start by marking “It Was Always You (Calamity Falls #5)” as Want to Read:
It Was Always You (Calamity Falls #5)

It Was Always You

(Calamity Falls #5)

He’s the bad boy quarterback, one scandal away from being traded.

She’s the squeaky-clean pop star with a morality clause hanging around her neck.

And they can’t keep their hands off each other.

Kindle Edition
Published February 13th 2020 by EK Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about It Was Always You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Was Always You

Start your review of It Was Always You (Calamity Falls #5)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Complicated, steamy, angsty second chance…

I couldn’t dive into this story fast enough! I heard rumours of Bowie brother sightings and that was more than enough to have me start a series so many stories in. I didn’t realize the Bad Boyfriends series (which I LOVED) was renamed and here was a new story! It’s like a birthday present… in February!

Gigi and Cassian brought everything to the emotional table… They were friends years ago and it could have been so much more if not for family who thought
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
This book was full of every motion you could ever feel. From heartache, anger, happiness, and love you will get it all. I didn't know if I was going to be able to finish this book without my own heart breaking in the process. I absolutely loved this book, as well as, seeing to main characters so vulnerable it will tear your heart out. There were moments when I wanted to jump in the book and slap both Gigi and Cassian, but they proved you can conquer anything with true love.
Mandie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I honestly don’t read a lot of sports romance, but this one was a fun read. It was an emotional second-chance romance. I loved how Cassian felt about GiGi all that time apart! GiGi is strong willed and knows what she wants! I was rooting for her the whole time!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I’m not a huge fan of romance books where the hero and heroine constantly rehash something that happened when in high school especially when it was almost 10 years prior. I get that teenage hormones and feelings run high and often people think that what happened was the end of the world, but truthfully if they aren’t over it within a few years then they need to seek therapy. So, right off the bat for me It Was Always You had a strike against it and the fact that they rehashed what happened in ...more
Sandra
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

Book five in the Calamity Falls series, It Was Always You is a sweet, sometimes heart wrenching, second chance romance. Erika Kelly once again creates characters you can’t help falling in love with and with backdrops from LA to Boston and time in the fictional Calamity Falls, It Was Always You is a welcome addition to the series.

Torn apart by Gigi’s father when they were 17, both Cassian and Gigi have lived just half a life, never living up to their potential, despite their successful
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Cassian and Gigi are reunited after being torn apart years ago by her father and his mentor, there's so much hurt and mistrust between them that Cassian's fervent wish for a second chance seems about as likely to happen as snow in the middle of summer.

Although both have gone on to successful careers, neither is where they want to be. Both are lonely and unfulfilled. Perhaps the love that neither died inside either of them is the key to their mutual happiness?

I liked this second chance
Mari
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
We've heard the Bowie brothers stories and we saw hints of Cassian in the later books. I was intrigued for sure. He had a lost love kind of story. It was always you is very much a second chance romance and I knew it would be angsty after that prologue. Cassian and Gigi young love gone wrong and separated. Now Gigi is a pop star not exactly the music career she wanted but losing Cassian changed her. Cassian hot shot football player, he's good but he's always in the media.

These two were changed by
 Reading In Pajamas
Blog Tour & Review: IT WAS ALWAYS YOU by Erika Kelly https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-bpT
Publication Date: February 13, 2020
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Cori
Rated 4.5 Stars

I could not put this book down! IT WAS ALWAYS YOU is the fifth book in Erika Kelly’s Calamity Falls Series. The Calamity Falls was previously called the Bad Boyfriend Series. The books in this series have new titles in case you have been following The Bad Boyfriend Series and see new books titles out
Elizabeth
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: eram, arc, sports, 2nd-chance
3.25 Stars
It was Always You is book that I really wanted to love. At the end of the day I found myself liking it and being a little frustrated with it, but I couldn't love it.

The premise of the book is great. High school friends/secret crushes reunite 10 years later and are given a second chance to repair what was broken. The characters of Gigi and Cassian are both interesting people and I enjoyed getting to know them. The issue with the book for me was the execution.

I don't want to give
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Erika Kelly’s books after reading “The Reluctant Boyfriend” and jumped at the chance to read an ARC of this book. As far as tropes go, this book covers some of my favorite and it’s no surprise that I enjoyed the book because of it.
We have:
A Sports Romance featuring a hotshot, bad boy quarterback.
A Rockstar Romance with an incredibly sexy female pop singer
A meddling father/coaching figure that keeps them apart
And an often times heart wrenching Second Chance Romance.
Once
Anne Milne
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Erika gives her readers a second chance romance that made me laugh cry and scream with confusion and frustration. Cassian and Gigi's story was full of emotion as well as being a fun read. Cassian was written with a mix of stength arrogance and vunerability that made me adore him. Gigi is strong willed which sometimes lead her to making questionable decisi0ns. I loved the long standing history and shared memories between the main characters. Some of the drama was a little repetative but it ...more
Tanja Kezmic
Shelves: omgreads, 4star, feb-2020
I simply loved this story. It was emotional, funny, hot and steamy in all the right places. But most importantly this story is a about growth. It was about learning from your mistakes and boy did Cassian needed to learn from his (repeating) mistakes. I was glued to my seat reading every word and just rooting so hard for them to finally find the way back into each other's arms.

Everything about their relationship was on point in this story. From the way they "broke up" the the way they made up. I
Stacy Pochron
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! One of my faves by this author--and this author always delivers! I love the sexual tension between these two, and I love the world that Kelly paints for them. If you love contemporary romances then you should read this book, and everything else by this author!
K.
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Cassian, and Gigi, each others first love in high school, Cassian had to make a choice between Gigi, and his future, breaking her heart. When their paths cross many years later, Gigi wants nothing to do with him, but Cassian not going to let her go so easy this time. This was a great read, emotional, raw, intense, and steamy.
The Book Lover
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a second chance romance with heart wrenching moments and a lot of back and forth for my taste, I wanted a little more from the characters, than what I got.
Sheri
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love Erika Kelly books, and this one is pure love and delight!
Sandy S
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 13, 2020

He’s the bad boy quarterback, one scandal away from being traded.

And they can’t keep their hands off each other.

Cassian Ellis fell in love with Gigi Cavanaugh when he was fourteen. But he couldn’t have her. His mentor — her dad — promised to take him out of detention and all the way to the pros. The price: stay away from his daughter.

But Gigi was embedded in his
Sassy Southern
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cassian Ellis was a football star in high school but had to make a very difficult choice – the girl of his dreams or the chance of being a football star. He chose football knowing that if he chose the girl she would likely give up her own dreams to go wherever he went.
Gigi Cavanaugh has become a member of the successful group the Lollipops but lately she is struggling as the group is in jeopardy of losing their contract due to the behavior of one of the members. She hates that she is forced to
Sydney
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Before I begin, I'd like to thank the author of this book and NABC for giving me the opportunity and sending me an ARC of this book for me to read and review.

This was a great read and I found it hard to put down! I haven't read the four previous books in the Calamity Falls series, but after reading It Was Always You, I definitely plan on checking them out. I've always been somewhat on the fence about friends-to-lovers romance. But this book reminded me of everything that is so wonderful about
Hannah Blowers
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the fifth book of the Calamity Falls series. Cassian Ellis is a professional athlete who gets a chance to clean up his act before he gets traded. He also gets a chance to win Gigi Cavanaugh back after he royally screwed things up with her when they were seventeen. Now, he fled from a chance to be with her the first time around to appease her father, but also because he didn't want to get in the way of her future by letting her follow him to Michigan.

I like the premise and I enjoyed the
Skye Yanovsky
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Was Always You by @erikakellyauthor is a beautiful story about first love, family, fear and second chances. It is a book that I was completely pulled into from the first page. This is a series but I haven’t read the previous books so I don’t think it’s necessary to read them o understand this book but I will probably go back and read them now.

In It Was Always You we meet NFL quarterback Cassian Ellis, and Girl Band singer Gigi Cavanaugh. They are high school best friends who haven’t spoken
Amy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It Was Always You was a second chance romance between Gigi Cavanaugh and Cassian Ellis. I knew from the prologue that this was going to be a heartbreaking story and I couldn’t wait for every angst-filled moment.

Gigi and Cassian were best friends in high school. Each kept their love for the other hidden until one day when Gigi decided to let Cassian know how she feels. Cassian reluctantly pushed her away and broke her heart. Nine years later they meet again. It’s clear their feelings haven’t
Liz
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
It Was Always You by Erika Kelly was a second chance romance full of angst, emotional and undeniable chemistry. Cassian Ellis and Gigi Cavanaugh were best friends in high school and were inseparable. But they each wanted more, however, they kept their feelings hidden. Until Gigi couldn’t stand it anymore and put it all out there, only to have her heart broken in the worst way possible. Now nine years later they are face-to-face again and must play nice.

My heart just broke for Cassian and Gigi.
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Was Always You was a story which broke my heart throughout, but I couldn't put it down despite calling Erika Kelly names of the colorful variety. The emotional trauma I suffered was quite intense, and frankly, I simply cannot fathom how the author pulled it off because it was next level. Not saying I didn't love it completely, because let's face it, life isn't always wine & roses (actually it can be more fireball & chocolate). It's mean, intense, emotional, and sometime unbearable. Of ...more
Jen
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: An ARC was provided by the author via Wildfire Marketing Solutions.

I may have been a wee bit confused with the whole change in book titles and series name. If I'm being perfectly honest, I liked the original series and book titles and felt it would have been better had for this new book to be the first in a spin-off series since the Bowie siblings all got their happily-ever-afters in the first four books. But then, this was a decision that the author made, and if the change was one she
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book gave me all of the feels, Cassian and Gigi's story lasts a lifetime and showcases just because you love someone does not mean that it is super easy and everything is going to fall in place. In fact, for Cassian and Gigi it is the exact opposite and it just hits you right in the stomach just how much the two have been through.

Cassian and Gigi were best friends when they were younger both harboring secret feelings for the other until one night completely breaks them. Fast forward 9 years
gina
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2020
It was always you.
I was given a copy of this book as part of a read and review. I really had hoped I would like this book and I may have liked it more if it wasn’t written in third person but it made it somewhat hard to follow for me, I am not sure if it was the perspective in general or if it was the authors’ writing style. The storyline itself I loved and the bad boy athlete character is always one of my favorites and was no different with Cassian, you could tell that he had a good moral
Kari Hansen
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cassian is a professional football player who has garnered attention for his play on the field but it is his off field behavior that has him taking part in a charity tour to help him change his image. What he didn’t realize is that Gigi would also be taking part on the tour and she is the only woman he has ever loved even if he broke her heart all those years ago.

Gigi has created a successful career as a singer, but it hasn’t brought her the happiness she thought it would. Reuniting with the
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book, I really did.. it has all the components I usually adore; best friends turned to lovers, only to part in a heartbreaking way and are reunited nine years later and both seemingly have everything they could want, but they know exactly what's keeping them from being truly happy. So why didn't I love it?

To start with, it's written in third person. I tried to look past that because underneath there is a really good story, but this person writing just isn't my thing. And
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Boy these two went thru so much to finally get together. Gigi always had a crush on Cassian; they were best friends in high school and he was the star quarterback. Cassian also had a crush on her but she never knew and also her dad was his mentor and was warned to stay away. He broke Gigi’s heart because he didn’t want her giving up anything for him and then disappeared. Fast forward 9 years and he’s the best NFL quarterback in the country with a reputation of being a bad boy playboy. Gigi is a ...more

• Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Keeper
  • The Ruthless Knight
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • You're The One
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • Guaranteed to Bleed (The Country Club Murders #2)
  • Rebel Soul
  • For Three Seconds
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes #2)
Award-winning author Erika Kelly has been spinning romantic tales all her life—she just didn’t know it. Raised on the classics, she didn’t discover romantic fiction until later in life. From that moment on, she’s been devouring the genre and has found her true voice as an author. Over three decades she’s written poems, screenplays, plays, short stories, and all kinds of women’s fiction novels. ...more

Calamity Falls (5 books)
  • Keep on Loving You (Calamity Falls)
  • We Belong Together (Calamity Falls)
  • The Very Thought of You (Calamity Falls)
  • Just the Way You Are (Calamity Falls)