Start by marking “Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)” as Want to Read:
Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)

Misadventures in the Cage

(Misadventures)

Callan Walsh kicks ass. In fact, he’s famous for it. As one of the brightest up-and-coming stars on the MMA scene, he’s an absolute beast in the cage…and out. Everything he’s trained for has brought him to this moment. Going toe-to-toe with reigning champ Xavier Gray will make or break his career. Nothing can distract him from his lifelong goal. Nothing. Until he meets…his ...more
Published February 4th 2020 by Waterhouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures in the Cage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures in the Cage

Start your review of Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Josie and Callan have a hot one night stand, then find out their attraction is in the off-limits category considering she's the little sister of Callan's next, most important fighting opponent. Can the two contain their attraction or is that asking too much of them?

I love this installment of the Misadventures series! It's funny (SO FUNNY!), sexy and serious fun. Josie and Callan's chemistry is so electric, so undeniable. I will definitely be doing a re-read of this one!

ARC via Bare Naked
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarah Robinson Fans, MMA, Romance
4.5 Real vs Reality Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free
Sarah Robinson is a true favorite of mine. Every time I start one of her works, I feel as if I have come home. It feels natural and true. In Misadventures in the Cage, that feeling was there from the start.

We are given a woman whose career has been coopted by the focus of her family's needs. Josie wanted to pursue a career as a chef.
She went to the best culinary school in her area to learn her trade the right way. She studied hard and became
Sharing My
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book just like I have enjoyed every other book by Sarah Robinson, and have equally enjoyed the Misadventure books that I've read. I loved Callan and Josie!
It started as a one night stand but quickly got interesting and awkward when Josie discovered that Callan was her brother's upcoming opponent in an MMA fight. They both knew they shouldn't get involved with each other, but neither could fight the attraction. Could their one night stand turn into a relationship or will Josie's
Jessica Alcazar
Everything about this story is outstanding perfection! Everything. I might just read it again before it releases just for the comedic relief!!! This is the first book of 2020 to land in my #TopReads shelf! I am just ridiculously impressed.

Update 02/04/20: I read it again!!!

Okay, so truth be told, there have not been many Misadventures that have disappointed me but also there have not been many that have had me explode with joy while reading them. This one made me explode. I was grinning and
Renee
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. So. So. So good. What a fantastic story.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Being sister to a reality tv star and MMA champion isn’t all it’s cracked up to be for Josie Gray. She’s tired of the posing and the publicity stunts and all the posturing for ratings and likes and followers. The fact that she always has to put her wants and needs on hold to please everyone else has her ready for drastic changes.

When she meets Callan, the instant chemistry between them floors her. After one night, she feels bonded to him like nothing she’s ever experienced before.

But Callan
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2020-reads
So Sarah Robinson is a new-to-me author, and this is one of the many reasons I love the Misadventures series. I have come to find some amazingly talented authors that I don't think I would have if it hadn't been for this series. This author is one of them and I am so glad that she's been added to the amazing line up of authors. I need to check out her other books. Because if they are anything like this, I know I will love them.

Josie has sat on the sidelines her whole life watching her brother
Lisa
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Callan and Josie have such a hillarious and unexpected first night together. Sure things get hot and then romantic and all that, but what they do when they first meet is what stands out in my mind. So funny.

This was definitely a misadventure. Whenever I started to think, oh hey, they overcame the problem and it's on to the hea, something else popped up. I was definitely entertained. I love the way it all turns out in the end and I was surprised along the way.
Angela Hetzel
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book was an amazing roller coaster of emotions. From start to finish I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Josie and Callan are definitely relationship goals. The moment she found out he was her brother's opponent to the moment that his publicity girlfriend got pregnant these two were destined to be together! And to think it started with burying a sex doll!!! Sarah needs to write a sequel.
Lauren Luman
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. It had a unique and funny meet cute and I loved their chemistry.

My only criticism is that it was a little drawn out. There were a few spots where the story could've ended with its HEA but the story kept going as if Robinson was trying to get to a certain word count.

Overall, I really liked the writing style and how everything ended. I would definitely be interested in reading other works by Robinson.
LNC1012
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received this book as an ARC for my honest opinion and review from netgalley. Callan and Josie meet outside a bar when Josie is dealing with a stranger that is not taking no for an answer. He offers to drive her home and instead she asks to go home with him. The next day she finds out that he is her brothers opponent for an MMA championship fight and things get even more complicated from there.
Heather andrews
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Callan is experiencing all sorts of new things with his woman, “I’ve never seen anyone cook naked before,” Callan commented, leaning against the island counter..." Callan is a bossy one, “I wasn’t asking,” he told her. “You’re a lot safer with my driver. He can come back and get me later.” I liked this book, I liked Callan.
Jessica Ann
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything I expected and so much more for a Misadventures book. I never put it down. Fantastic. The chemistry was off the charts hot.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Josie Grey whole life has been consumed by her brother and his achievements in MMA and the reality show they are all on. Her life feels like it is spiraling out of her control, which leads her to a dive bar where she meets Callan Walsh. A wild night that involves a desert and cooking at 3am.

Falling for the his main rival baby sister was never in the plans. Life sometimes changes and you have to roll with it. Josie and Cal have to fight to be together as nothing is easy for the two of them. The
Vickie
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Misadventures in the Cage begins with Josie Gray having a drink in a bar off the Las Vegas strip. She is a reluctant reality-television star and just needed to get away from everything, if just for a little while. When she leaves the bar, a man approaches her and attempts to mug her. Thankfully, another man, Callan, takes care of the assailant and makes sure Josie is okay. He then offers her a ride home, which turns into a steamy one night stand.

The next morning, Josie has to head out and be
Ashley Olson- lovestoread08
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Brilliant!!!! Sarah Robinson shows just how talented she is in Misadventures in the Cage!!!

I am usually in one of two moods when I am looking for my next romance read. The first mood is when I want an escape of reality, when I am in that mood I am looking for a book that isn’t a slow burn and most often the time unrealistic, boy meets girl they fall in love and hardly any drama. My second mood I often struggle to find the right book. The mood where you want a romance, but where the
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
The following review will contain spoilers because some things need to be said. When a book has one of my pet peeves I rant and I cannot do it by tiptoeing around the issue.

One of the things I hate the most when it comes to the book is having one of the MCs sleep with another person. Halfway through the book, we find out that Callan slept with another woman. Some readers might forgive him because he wasn't in a relationship with Josie at the time, but I simply couldn't. You see, the story is
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Robinson is a new to me author and after reading this book I completely fell in love with her writing. Misadventures in the Cage was nothing like I expected, it was so much more. This story was truly fantastic from the very start.

It was just supposed to be one night, no details, nothing but first names. Callan and Josie both had a night they would never forget. They never expected to see each other again, however, they were both in for a surprise when they run into each other again.
Maegan (wonderland.looking.glass)
Aimie
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, adult, read-2020
Having read, and adored, some of the previous books in the this series, I had high expectations for the latest addition. It had so many promising aspects, from falling for the enemy's sister to the fighting, but was not at all what I anticipated.

Everything was going good until I reached around the middle of the book (view spoiler). It could have been wonderfully resolved, prior to the mess that occurred during the second half, but it was as if
Amanda McCalip
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Misadventures in the Cage was absolutely everything that I wanted and needed! I LOVE fighter romance novels and I always swear up and down that there just aren't enough of them. Sarah Robinson was a new to me author and I can't wait to read more from her. An extremely talented writer, who happened to write something in my favorite genre and slayed it out the park! There is no better combination for me!

Josie's entire life has been revolved around watching her brother become this absolutely
Sheila Jenkins
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 STARS for Misadventures in the Cage by Sarah Robinson

ARC received from Netgalley & the Publisher ( Waterhouse ) in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are my own & have not been influenced in any way .

I’m a huge fan of the “Misadventures “ series by Waterhouse - some great romance authors - writing some really great stories. Sarah Robinson does a great job pulling the reader in immediately to Josie Gray & Callan Walsh’s story. The two meet by accident as Cal is in
Living My Best Book Life
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
Misadventures in the Cage is an unexpected and passionate love story between a reality star and an MMA fighter. Sarah Robinson had me glued to the pages. She gave us a great plot with fierce characters and a few twists that made this story so intriguing.

Josie Gray is the sister of MMA fighter Xavier Gray. She is his personal assistant and a reality star. She is tired of living a life in the shadows. When she meets a sexy man that leads to one night of passion her world is turned upside down.

Linda Dunn
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No Sacrifice, No Glory....

Callan Walsh is a MMA fighter and he is untamed and savage in the Cage. He needs to beat the reigning champ to achieve his goal he has been striving for all his life. Josie Gray has taken a back seat to her brother Xavier. He is the golden child, and Josie is his sidekick. Josie decides to let her hair down for once in her life and throws caution into the wind. She meets a sexy gorgeous stranger in a bar and their sizzling hot chemistry takes them to the bedroom and a
Joyffree
Feb 03, 2020 added it
Shelves: arc-tbr
"Did you just put two and two together that you're in the middle of the desert with a virtual stranger, and he's digging a hole for a body?"

One two punch of humor and romance!

Jos is a sight to behold. Her character had three quirkiest sense of humor. Unhappily trapped by the conditions of "family first", Josie looks for relief and fulfillment in the smallest of moments. A stolen smile here a brief escape there. Things finally get to be too much when her well-scripted reality delivers her a
Ess
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I came into Misadventures in the Cage stoked to read an adventurous scrape between rivaling professional fighters and the one fighter’s sister who comes between them, but all I felt during the journey was appalled disdain. Callan and Josie’s introduction to each other was over the top and decidedly off-putting for the reader.
Without giving away all of the details to their meeting for the first time, Josie was drunk, making all of the wrong kind of bad decisions (not to mention implausible
Shannon
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
**3.5 Stars**

This review is kind of tricky to write because overall I did really enjoy the book if you take into account the main characters Callan and Josie. I enjoyed them as characters and felt like they had great chemisty and as a couple they made sense and I enjoyed the parts of the book that focused on the building of their relationship.

I think my struggle with this book at times was that it was really fast paced and it seemed to sometimes be a little all over the place and in doing so,
Mary Lou Hoffman
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, humorous, romance
MISADVENTURES IN THE CAGE is the twenty-ninth book in the multi-author Misadventures series. Each is a stand-alone romance.

This roller-coaster had more than a few dips and loops! It also went through the fun house and the tunnel of love (of course, this is a romance story after all).

I will always love Callan and Josie, but their friend Sienna will also remain in my heart. She was a girl of few words, but of lasting impression.

I loved the unique worlds of MMA fighting and reality TV stardom
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Being a fan of MMA, I was really excited to read this new misadventure from a new-to-me author. Once I read it, I overall did enjoy the book but there were several things that kept me from totally loving it. One thing I can say about this story is that it’s unpredictable and there are twists. However, it seems as if the story couldn’t just stick to one troupe and it became an odd mixture of several that just made the story weird. The beginning started off great, I love Josie and her sassiness ...more
Sharon
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is one series that is all about the entertainment and allows authors to craft those stories that readers will love. This is a welcome addition. Josie has been working her tail off for the past five years as her brother’s assistant in front of the media as he is the reigning MMA champion. One night at a bar, she meets Callan and the two hit it off to where they embark in a very passionate one night affair….but can they just settle for one night? The following day, they both get to
« previous 1 3 next »

• Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
  • Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)
  • Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga #1)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Reluctant to Love (Written in the Stars, #1)
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Reunited: A Novella
  • Hot Daddy Package: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Pretend You're Mine (Love in Everton, 3)
  • Longing to Hold (Hard to Love #0.5)
Sarah Robinson is a Top 10 Bestselling Author on Barnes & Noble and Top 25 on Amazon.

Purchase Sarah's Books Here:
 photo amazon-buy-button_zps00381138.png  photo button-buy-barnes-and-noble_zps9113bbbd.gif  photo iBooksButton_zps19885ad5.png  photo kobo-buy-button-fw_1_zpsf2f39855.png

Join the Goodreads Fan Club here

Stalk Sarah on Social Media:
Click on any of the links below to be taken to one of the social media sites!
Author Website | Subscribe to Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Profile | Goodreads Profile | Tumblr | Instagram

Misadventures (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #1)
  • Misadventures of a Virgin  (Misadventures, #4)
  • Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures, #2)
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Misadventures of a College Girl (Misadventures, #8)
  • Misadventures with My Roommate (Misadventures, #9)
  • Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #10)