Start by marking “Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery” as Want to Read:
Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery

Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

Unless you’re Alfhild Daemonne that is.

This year she’s been so looking forward to the Yule time festivities, but wouldn’t you know it, the wattle-and-daub walls of her ancient wonky inn are ringing to the sound, not of sleigh bells, but of sick ghosts.

Who knew ghosts could catch the flu?

Published October 24th 2019 by Bark at the Moon Books

To ask other readers questions about Witching in a Winter Wonkyland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witching in a Winter Wonkyland

Start your review of Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery
Rosemary
Witching in a Winter Wonkyland - a review by Rosemary Kenny

*slight spoilers*
#Deck the halls with boughs of holly, tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la ...tis the season to be jolly# - or so the song says, but poor Alf isn't having such a jolly time of it! For a start, all the Ghostly Cleaning Crew, Florence - winner of the Great Witchy Bake Off and almost all the other ghostly staff at the Wonky Inn have gone down with ghastly, ghostly flu and with only Alf's great-grandmother, Gwyn as Matron of the
Caroline Doig
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who’d ever thought that I would love cozy mysteries well I didn’t until I read one of Jeannie Wycherley’s books and now I’m addicted to this genre, I was introduced to one of her stories and now I’m in a love affair with cozy mysteries. It’s Christmas time at the wonky inn and nothing is going right for Alf the ghosts are sick with the flu there is a murder in the woods Rudolph lives like a homeless reindeer in a cave and Alf’s man / vampire Sylvan is away on business so is Alf going to have a ...more
Texas
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Witching in a Winter Wonkyland - A reader never knows what this author will do next in the fun series. Another dead body opens a whole new set of characters to add to the mix.

Good new storylines that meld well with past ones. This one has a touch of sadness but there is a lot of joy. There is an original twist with the ghost population, which opens a whole new can of worms.

Opening whole new is the running theme here. I contacted the author to review her books and received this book through
Amanda
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't be silly!!

After the recent escape from the vampire stronghold in Transylvania and the memories of last christmas, Alf is hoping for a cosy christmas in her Wonky Inn surrounded by her ghosts and friends, but first the sneezing starts, and one by one, the Ghosts of Wonky Inn start to fall foul of the Flu, As nothing Alf can make will help them, she needs to find a ghostly Doctor to cure her Ghostly crew.

Then as if that wasn't enough, Alf goes for a walk to only to find a woman's body, in
Jill Anna  Freeman
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
” Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery “ by JEANNIE WYCHERLEY is a tale of one Alfhild Gwynfyre Daemonne ...owner and proprietor of Whittle Inn....a truly magical place....and even more so with Yule & Christmas approaching....and with everything looking merry & bright ....DISASTER strikes....and it began with Luppitt Smeatharpe...who in spite of his claims of having contracted The Plague....it was simply a nasty bout of highly contagious ghost flu. And it ...more
Toni
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas time is right around the corner and Alf is excited. It;s a wonderful time of the year and it'll be totally different from last year;s celebration. It is going to be Yule and Christmas...food, drink, good companionship. Then on a walk Alf finds the body of a woman who was staying at her inn. Oh joy!! While the police are investigating the area, a small person is detained...a faery. A murder starts the season..along comes ghosts who come down with the flu. How do you heal a ghost when ...more
Penny Hickman
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Wonky Inn is getting ready for Christmas, the tree is decorated as well as the inn. Alf hates doing paperwork and decides to go for a walk with Mr. Hoo. She usually goes to the right at the fork, but Mr. Hoo steers her to the left and right into the body of one of her residents. As the town hears of the murder rumors start circulating that there is a monster in the woods. Ghost musician Luppit has contracted what he calls the "plague" and all the other ghosts are getting it as well. There ...more
Douglas Williamson
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine has big plans to make this a merry holiday season, but when do her plans ever work out? Sick ghosts and a dead body mean trouble and yet another mystery for our heroine to unravel.

This is book nine of this series and it works just fine as a standalone. There are references to things past and you will miss out on some of the character backstories, but everything you need for an enjoyable read is right in this book.

At the risk of sounds repetitive, I love the Wonky Inn. The story is
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Who knew ghosts could catch the flu? Almost Alf’s entire ghostly staff at the Wonky Inn have somehow succumbed to a ghostly flu. So Alf, Priscilla and Ferrgus are left to handle plans for the fast-approaching Christmas celebrations they need to plan. Even Alf's boyfriend, Sylvan the vampire, is out of town and may not get back for the Wonky Yule and Christmas celebrations. This is not turning into a happy season at all!

Then Alf discovers the body of one of her guests in the woods and has to call
Molly
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alf is gearing up for a busy if somewhat lonely Yule and Christmas. Florence has photographers coming in for photos to be included in her upcoming cookbook.

As trouble strikes when Alf stumbles over another body, the ghosts are falling quickly ill - ghost flu, who knew? Creative solutions must be found for an unusual series of situations.

What sort of beast lurks in the Speckled Woods, if any, that may have aided the victim to her death?

Early days for Sylvan and Alf yet. After an engagement
Anne Dwyer
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alfhild Daemonne is getting ready for Christmas at the Wonky Inn - and a woman is found dead in the woods near the inn. Thank goodness, this time, it's not on her property! But what is the red eyed monster that villagers have seen? Is it what has killed Linda? All of Alf's ghosts have come down with the flu, and she has her hands full running the inn, finding a ghost doctor to help her ghosts - and trying to stop the villagers from shooting at anything that moves in the woods.
Each of the stories
Diane
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book series! The characters are realistic and the author makes them so interesting that you’ll care about what happens to them. The Inn is set in a charming small town in Devonshire in South West England which sounds lovely. I wish I could spend weeks staying at the Inn, exploring the area.

There’s usually a bit of trouble brewing at the Inn and the Yule season is no exception. Will Alf and her friends, both dead and alive, be able to pull off the planned Holiday festivities. Or will
Evelyn Dotson
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our favorite witch, Alfhild and her crew are back in another exciting adventure before Christmas. She has the inn filled to full capacity. The ghosts are all down with the flu, which makes the inn a disaster without their help! She has to call in backup help! One of her guests is found dead in the forest. They find a faery and put him in her care. She and another find a huge reindeer with a red nose and bring back to the inn. She has to find a ghost doctor to cure her ghosts. Silvan is once ...more
Carol
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poor Alf! Just when she was looking forward to Christmas and Yule, her inn full of ghosts come down with the flu, a guest from her inn is found dead in the woods and she is lumbered with looking after the only suspect that the police have, who is a fae, who by the way, hates Christmas. So how is a witch going to manage to put on a good spread with lots of entertainment for the holidays with no help at all. Or perhaps she should give it a miss altogether.

Great Christmas read from Jeannie
Disney14604
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, arc, 2019
If you read this and like it: PLEASE PLEASE TELL THE AUTHOR!!!!! She wants to know to keep writing this series. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!

Hi Mr. HOO!!!!!

Who knew that GHOSTS can get sick? Is there a ghost doctor to help? Florence has a big moment to get ready for. Get to meet Grizzle, a faery but his magic is different? A death outside the Wonky Inn property. A beast?

A really fun and unexpected end to the story. Who knew and how does he? Really fun, easy to read holiday story. Can be read by itself but
Claudia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alfhild is looking forward to Christmas this year and plans many activities for her guests and staff. But a few things happen that could throw a wrench into her plans - she finds a dead body just outside the Wonky Inn territory, her ghosts fall prey to a flue epidemic and she is asked to take care of an elf for the police and a reindeer ,named Rudolph, got lost in her woods...
As all the stories around the Wonky Inn this story is highly entertaining, a funny cozy with really quirky original
Debbie Rodriguez
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is that time of year! Alf and the gang are back and getting ready to herald in the yule and Christmas season.
What can possibly happen during such a time? There are a manor of things afoot at Alfs wonky inn.
There's a dead body to kick off things so Alf must call DS Gilchrist (George) to come investigate in the woods. Things just go topsy turvy from there. So many things that Alf must see to and take care of. Where's Silvan when she needs him?
Such a delicious addition to the wonky stories! I
Sandy
Happy Holidays Mr.Hoo
You have to feel for a homeless reindeer. You also have to feel for the sick ghosts too. Florence is making her delightful goodies and Alf is so looking forward to this time of year. She should have known bad stuff was on the horizon. A dead body in the woods and a guest too may just put a black cloud over the holiday. This is a super cute cozy I always enjoy reading books by Jeannie Wycherley and the Wonky Inn Series is great. Looking for a wonderful cozy this is the one to
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery is a magical holiday mystery.

Grab your broom and fly in to help clean the Inn since most of the ghostly staff are down with the flu leaving Alf, Priscilla and Ferrgus to get everything ready for the holiday celebrations.

The characters in the Wonky Inn series are well developed and hilarious. The storyline is well written and filled with humour, magic, murder, mystery, and all sorts of wonderfully wonky guests. There is always
Fleur
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Alf is excited she not only has Christmas coming up but also Yule and is excited to celebrate both but as we know nothing ever goes right for Alf. Now Alf has to deal with a dead body (thankfully not on her property this time!) red eyed monster hunting in Speckle Forest, a grumpy faery with a mega sweet tooth, an influenza spreading through the ghostly inhabitants and no cure and a surprise guest! You never knew what would happen next, who you could trust, if the ghosts would get better and oh ...more
Trina
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. What a year it has been for Alf as she summarises at the end of the book. Was glad at the results of the body found in the woods, there has been enough murder at the inn. As usual in these books there is lots of twists and turns and new characters introduced. The action is fast so the book is hard to put down. Loved that Silvan made an appearance at the end hope he plays a bigger part in the next book. Please keep writing them!

I received a free copy of this
Sherri Geisler Locke
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I came into this series very late here. I was not lost in any way in the story line. But I enjoyed it so much I do want to go back and read the rest. Alf and her wonky cast of characters that work her Inn are fun. Did you know ghosts can get colds? Well I did not know it either But, they sure did in this book. A dead body and a sick ghostly staff make for a really fun read. I cannot wait to see what the author comes up with next in the wonky Inn series. there have to be more!

I received a free
Kristy
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alf is a bit blue her love is gone on a secret mission all the inns ghost have come down with the flue and Alf has the misfortune of finding a dead body just before Yule. With a cranky faery and a mysterious Reindeer what could possibly happen next. Hopefully a bit of Christmas magic and Alf's only Christmas wish.

Barbara
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery a well written story that I enjoyed reading. The Ghosts have a Flu, Silvan can not make it back to spend Christmas, a woman's body is found in the forest, a Reindeer, a grumpy faery, witch friends, new friends,and so much more will make this a trying time for Alfhild. I wonder if there will be more to come in this series. If you like this series this is a must read. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lynn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

It’s Christmas time at the Wonky Inn. Alfhild Daemonne, owner of the Wonky Inn, has her hands full when all her ghosts come down with the flu. A woman is found murdered in Whittle forest, and there are rumors of a demonic beast running wild in the forest. This was a very enjoyable read. This is a stand-alone cozy Christmas story, but is more enjoyable If other books in the series have been read. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Katie  Cunningham
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series. There is no end to what life and the universe throws at Alf, but she just takes a deep breath and gets on with it. She's not even surprised anymore. OK, she is, because after all, who knew ghosts get sick? At least she's got her friends and Gwyn to help her, and Mr. Hoo to watch her back. Merry Wonky Christmas, Y'all!

Nan
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alf and her Wonky Inn crew are gearing up for Yule and Christmas when a body is found just outside the Speckled Wood and a fairy is discovered next to it. Then all of Alf’s ghosts come down with the flu a beast with glowing red eyes is spotted in the woods. Alf and her friends scramble to solve all of the problems and still have a festive holiday season. I received an advance copy of this book and voluntarily left a review.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery by Jeannie Wycherley is such an awesome story to read. I loved reading this story about ghost that are sick including a murder I can not wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy, humor and cozy mysteries.

Janet Graham
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic Filled Christmas at the Wonky Inn
This is a fun Christmas episode at the Inn. The Inn is filled with more weird happenings, strange creatures a dead body and dozens of ghosts ill with the flu. What a fun story that goes in fifteen directions just to end up where you thought it might. I enjoyed this story and have enjoyed the entire series. I received this ARC book for free from Booksprouts and this is my honest review.
Lynn Partridge
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Verified ARC Reader
Merry Christmas at Wonky Inn

A great Christmas story at our favourite wonky Inn were even a mysterious death and a flu epidemic cant hold back the celebrations ( although Alfs cooking may do so ) The expected chaos and mysteries. Lots of love for unexpected creatures, spells and potions, cakes galore, and all our favourite characters to share the festive season with Just right for settling down on a " long winter night " If you haven't read any of the earlier Wonky Inn

• Gram Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #3)
  • Clairvoyant Clues (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community Book 4)
  • Pumpkin Patch Murder (Wicked Good Mystery #7)
  • Croakies & Scream (Enchanting Inquiries #4)
  • A Pumpkin Potion Explosion (Happy Blending Witch #2)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • The 12 Cozy Mystery Carols of Christmas
  • A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS (CALAMITY CORNERS #5)
  • Lipstick and Lies and Deadly Goodbyes (The Vampire Housewife #1)
  • Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • The Case of the Fire Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #11)
  • Witch on Ice (A Bigfoot Bay Witches Paranormal Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Catching A Wizard (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #2)