Start by marking “Defender (The Lost Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
Defender (The Lost Pack #1)

Defender

(The Lost Pack #1)

A mission gone wrong forces Brax’s alpha team to become something more—a pack.

In a world that no longer welcomes packs, it’s all Brax can do to hold his team together. Four alphas without omegas is a recipe for disaster. And now that they’re civilians, with the military watching their every move, it’s not going to be easy to keep the truth about their pack hidden.

Brax’s mos
Published October 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Defender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defender

Start your review of Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
~nikki the recovering book addict
Interesting...🧐

I kinda went into this blind. I didn’t finish reading the blurb so I can’t say I expected anything. So I’m pleasantly surprised that this is a very different take on shifters and packs.

There’s all sorts of snifters here and pack dynamics are slightly different. There’s also an interesting history that lays the foundation for this rather quirky alternate universe.

I don’t know if I connected much with any of the characters, hence the mediocre rating. I’m hoping that changes for the next
John Altman

(12) MC Love Connection: 3 🌟🌟🌟
(13) P
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Defender by Claire Cullen is the first book in The Lost Pack series and is a m/m shifter romance that does include an mpreg. I am really excited to read this series. I was immediately intrigued by the world being created within this book and the roles Alphas, Betas, Omegas and packs play.

The characters are interesting. The supporting characters were begging to tell me their own stories. Oliver and Brax were fantastic - they had moments of being awkward, adorable, and amazing. They were sexy and
llv
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
I thought this to be a very good start to a new series. I liked that this was a different take on the shifter genre, and I thought the author did a good job with world building. I think what I liked best was that Brax and Oliver were not your typical Alpha/Omega pair. Brax wasn’t all macho I’m in charge and we do it my way Alpha and Oliver wasn’t all submissive let me take care of you and put your needs first type of Omega. I really liked all the secondary characters in Brax
Badh
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story

I love the worlds that Claire Cullen creates, and this isn't any different. I think that the premise is fascinating. I like how Brax supports Oliver, no matter what
Sarita Chapdelaine
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is an amazing start to a new series and I love everything about this story. It is well written, sweet, emotional, has an intriguing storyline, the world building is excellent, the characters are simply wonderful, there are a few unexpected twists, it is a very different take on packs as well as A/B/O interactions and I could not put this book down. Oliver is amazing and I love his compassion and how much he cares about justice. Brax is doing the best he can to keep his pack together against ...more
Sue
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

We have a new pack and it's INCREDIBLE. THE LOST PACK, is filled with amazing characters. This is the introduction of this incredible group of Alpha and Beta ex-military shifters. Brax is the pack Alpha. After discharge from the military, Brax, Duke, Thorn, Zane and Cole are trying to rebuild their lives. Legal trouble bring them into contact with Oliver. Oliver is an Omega, who is an Omega advocate. Brax and Oliver are drawn to each other but are reluctant to act on it. CLAI
Htet Htet
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire Cullen never fails to engage the reader with her excellent world building, realistic characters, and issues that resonate deeply. When the story starts, we meet Brax, who's overwhelmed under his responsibilities for his team/men and about to break badly. We also meet Oliver, who's now been thrust under a new set of responsibilities he wasn't expecting at all at the passing of his parents. From their fortuitous encounter in professional capacities, they came to gingerly come together in mu ...more
Mim Crenshaw
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series

I loved Brax from the beginning. He cared more for his pack than he did himself, and he put Oliver's wants and needs above his own and compromised with him. Oliver was great at his job, but he didn't seem too keen on compromising even though he did it. And he was a tad to quick with his not needing a bodyguard when it was out of care and concern. To me, he wasn't affectionate enough for me to really like him, and there wasn't a great deal of chemistry between him an
Amy
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!

What can I say? I will buy whatever this author writes, even if it’s an ingredient list. From the terrific world building, to the complex characters - add in the captivating plot and you have a winner. Every time. Oliver and Brax are two compatible shifters who unite in service of others. Both are kind, compassionate men who have troubled pasts. I was intrigued with Brax’s back story and really happy to see the pack come together. Oliver’s character is really sweet and caring, but I
Dokun888
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting universe

So I liked the somewhat unusual take onna shifter world here. Meaning, it was interesting to see packs being not a usual thing and shifters being so various. I wish there were more details shared about the world as some things were too brand new for me to understand. Also, while the main couple was nice I didn't really find them interesting, not to be picky for for a shifter romance I'd expect more chemistry XDD all in all, I think this book has a good groundwork but is lack
Katie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next book in the series...

I loved this story. I've read most of Claire Cullen's works & I've never been disappointed but this series is shaping up to be a favorite. I'm super into the characters and feel invested in their individual story lines already. I also enjoyed the way the author shaped the political/law aspect of the story. It measures a fantastic & intriguing overarching layer to everything. I absolutely recommend this book!
ZENIA M smack Thattush
Alpha angst

Alpha and omega both good at what they do, yet both treading water in stormy seas of what the world wants them to be. Can they be true to themselves and the ones , whom depend upon them or will out side forces or even their own bodies be their end. Well written characters good plot.
Keith
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Odd Worldview, Good Start

Adapting to this shifter world view took a bit of time but we eventually got there. While the story introduction is a bit muddled it settles out as characters are introduced and developed. Good tension, well written intrigue and a positive HFN ending for book 1 plus a short prompt to kick off book 2.
Jessey Yarbrough
A entirely new take on Alpha and Omegas and Betas

I am in love with this series. This isn’t a sham bam thank you ma’am type book and it brings a fresh breath of air to the whole Alpha/omega/beta genre I can’t not wait for the second one! Cole is going to have his work cut out for him!
HAYLEY SMITH
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fab start to a new series!

A very enjoyable first book in a new series, great world building and I found the Alpha/Beta/Omega and pack roles original.
Defender has a great storyline and I liked Brax and Oliver, looking forward to reading more!
Samantha Foster
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This was an amazing start to a new series. I absolutely loved this story. It had it all love, passion, heat, friendship, cute kids, drama, action, a pinch of angst, and family bonds. I cant wait for the next and would definitely recommend.
Julie Sargent
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read

Interesting take on the shifter & male preg story, interesting and captivating characters with relatable problems & solid solutions. It did leave me with a few world building questions but I'm hoping they will be answered as the series progresses.
Dena
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This just didn't work for me. There was no romance til about 75% into the book then suddenly the were in love? It felt like there was just too much going on and so the relationship development fell by the wayside.
Angie Hummel
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected

I really loved this book. I loved getting to know the characters. I liked that all the characters were strong in their own right and flawed. But they came together as family.
Carmen
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start for a new series..I lov

If you like Aiden Bates than you would enjoy this one. Can't wait for side characters stories and challenges. Way to go!
Theresa
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Different shifter world. Nice omega MC.
Good Alpha MC except he seemed out of character when he first put the moves on the omega. Good relationship but not much sexual chemistry nor sizzle. Sweet supportive pack.
nikki brackenbury
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A+

What a great start to a new series by Claire Cullen . Excellent world building and lovable characters . I recommend .
MT
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Every book this author writes is wonderful and this one is no exception. Absolutely fantastic start to a new series.
Janet Boyd
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Loved this book ,can't wait to read the next in the series well worth reading and worth 5* and more x
Andrea
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Strong story, strong writing, strong characters. And sweet little baby shifters. I love this book and can't wait for the next one.
Victoria Taylor
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great new series!

What a great introduction to a new shifter world and a new shifter pack! Can’t wait to see what happens next. Recommend.
Azaaliah
Oct 22, 2019
Jeni
Oct 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Jagher (Kif Warriors, #2)
  • Alpha's Obedience (Irresistible Omegas #6)
  • Malik (Kif Warriors #1)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Homerun Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #1)
  • Pumpkin Cream Pie: Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse Book Seven
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)
  • Fraught (Alphabits #7)
  • Crescent Moon's Curve (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack, #3)
  • Hunter's Creek
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
Claire Cullen is an author and aspiring baker. Since she was a toddler, she has loved making up stories. Getting them down on paper proved a challenge in the early years when her preferred medium was finger puppets. She moved on to pen and paper, and later to keyboards, and hasn't looked back since, except for occasional bouts of nostalgia.