Start by marking “Faking Under the Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
Faking Under the Mistletoe

Faking Under the Mistletoe

Olivia Langley is the human embodiment of Christmas cheer, and she has absolutely no problem spreading it around for all to hear.

Christmas sweaters? She has twenty. Christmas cookies? She’ll take three dozen. Christmas movies? Yeah, she’s seen them all.

So it’s no surprise when she’s put in charge of Loveridge & McGowan’s holiday festivities. Secret Santas? Yep. Ice
Published November 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Faking Under the Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faking Under the Mistletoe

Start your review of Faking Under the Mistletoe
Corina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this was a real gem of a book. A pleasant surprise in every way.

New author for me, and a word to mouth recommendation via IG. It was a delightful Christmas novel I didn't even know I needed until I read it. And of course some fantastic writing.

It ended up being a 5 star for the first half of the book, with funny and witty banter, an amazing couple, him grumpy, and her loving to push his buttons. I got major enemies to lovers vibes.

The second part of the novel was more like a 4 star for me.
konstantina
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn!!! This must be one of the best books I've read this year, I never realized how much I needed Olivia and Asher in my life until now especially Olivia, she's the mother I've never had, the sister everyone would want and the friend everybody deserves, I don't know a better person. You just have to read this book before 2019 it's over!!!!
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5

Faking Under the Mistletoe by Ashley Shepherd is just the book I needed right now, both because I read it after a book I didn't love, and also because it is the perfect romcom worthy Christmas book!

Olivia is such a great character and I seriously loved her. This book is just begging to be on the Hallmark Channel and I really want it to get made into a movie! Faking Under the Mistletoe made me laugh so much, but it wasn't a shallow book and had a lot of depth plus a handful of moments that
Eleni Ouzouni (Life is Art)
This book has everything I want --> Fake dating, Christmas vibe, enemies to lovers and good chemistry between the couple!

Perfect choice for the holiday season!
jordane
i think this is the CUTEST book i’ve ever read
kelly ♥
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
/ out of five

this was so cute and funny and felt like a nice cup of hot chocolate on a cold day.

fake dating is one of my FAVOURITE tropes and i love how it is done in this book! it all felt very straightforward, which you don't really see in romance novels, but absolutely fit with the characters of olivia and asher in this book. my GOD was olivia so much fun to read - witty, passionate, unafraid to take a stand. i loved her

i was also very pleasantly surprised by the way sexual assault was
;3
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was so cute but that cover is damn ugly so let’s rage
Izzy
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

This book was...everything I was looking for in the moment. It has a sweet, funny romance, a hero and heroine that I won't soon be forgetting, side characters and friendships that snuck up on me (So many strong female characters aaaaah. I would love to see more of Joey!!!!!) and the plot went somewhere I didn't expect it to go. But the best part of this book for me was, without a doubt, Olivia freaking Langley. She...she is so. freaking. weird - but in the best way possible. She was just
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 30, 2019 marked it as unfinished  ·  review of another edition
I found this very engaging with some awesome banter and a heroine I just adore. Olivia works hard, cares a lot, and does her best to take care of those in her orbit. She's a bit pushy with her boss, but there are enough hints of his secret appreciation that I didn't worry about it too much. So she's lovely and I was extremely engaged with her. Which is the problem and why I can't continue.

I'm at 47% and I've read enough reviews that say there's a tone shift around halfway and that it involves
Melissa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up all night to finish this book. Seriously. I read until 2:30 ... and I have to wake up every day at 4:30!!! I haven't stayed up to read a book in ages, so I have to give this five stars. I really, really enjoyed it. Even though there may be some issues with the story I just got immersed in the plot and the characters, and I didn't want to put the book down until I saw the beginnings of a happily ever after.

This book began with almost a holiday rom-com feel and then half-way through
shre ♡
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5-4 stars*

aside from a few minor annoyances, t’was a cute book!
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Slow burn
Hilarious and fantastic banter
Enemies-to-lovers
Fake dating
Office romance
Scandals and heartbreak

Picked this up on a whim and absolutely loved it! Unputtdownable and practically read it in one sitting. Highly recommend!
paula.
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
tw: sexual assault

i am fucking screaming
how did i read this in not even five hours
ahhh

this was so good, honestly, and more than i expected
but it was everything i ever needed and wanted
somehow this book includes everything i love: enemies to lovers, work place relationship, fake dating. i am crying, it was BEAUTIFUL

yes, there were no surprises and the plot was pretty much like every other book, but did i care? no, because it was well done. i want to read nothing else for the rest of my life BYE

i
Snjez
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 28%

Yes, it was fun in the beginning and I enjoyed the banter between the two MCs, but it's turning into such an unrealistic cliche. Olivia is a typically petite, curvy, mouthy, pushy and silly female character. She often behaves inappropriately and I don't think it's cute when she's covered in blood or vomit. Asher is a typically tall, handsome but grumpy male character who comes to rescue when Olivia does something stupid.
Laura • lauralovestoread
I loved this book so much! I was looking for that quintessential festive read, and this was exactly what I wanted! A little holiday cheer, a little steam, and one of my favorite enemies to lovers tropes.

Olivia and Asher have that perfect angsty attraction to one another, and I loved her confidence and Asher’s grinch-like soft side once the hard exterior melted away.

*Thank you to the author, Ashley Shepherd for the free digital copy for review.
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
yeah,

Rep: wlw side characters

CWs: sexual assault, mentions of rape
MaryGrace
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Just wish there was a little more payoff for everything we've been put through. Thanks Tara for your glowing review that got me to pick this up.

I honestly think more people need to read this book . At this present moment there are 111 ratings and 33 reviews. That's all! But it was so good. I don't even like Christmas novels, but even if you don't like them, or you don't celebrate Christmas, I still recommend this book to everyone. I'm going to be shoving it down everyone's throat
Emmy
If you're looking for a light holiday read, this book....may not be it. The first half reads that way (and if you can get past the fact that Olivia continuously behaves inappropriately with her boss and he actively seems to dislike her and her behavior, you may enjoy it), but then the second half becomes kind of angsty and all about sexual assault and harassment (which is ironic since Olivia practically sexually harasses her boss in the first half). So this was kind of uneven, and it didn't help ...more
flavia
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had no idea how much I needed Asher and Olivia in my life, BEST PEOPLE EVER!! I loved every part of this book and I will never get over it ...more
☆ sana ☆
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
tw: sexual assault in chapter 12

this was SO SO cute and just the kind of holiday book i wanted to read this month. if you like:

- fake dating
- slow burn
- office romance
- hate to love
- hilarious banter

then this book is for you. i love adult books with non-alpha male love interests and loud and brash female characters in them and that's exactly what this book provided me with. i'm so happy i read this!
Kate
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this one! Also, special kudos (although it's for something that SHOULD be obvious, but unfortunately it still very much isn't) to Ashley Shepherd for doing something that most other authors neglect to do and that is including trigger warning at the beginning of her novel.

More than that, while I usually loathe authors including sexual assault plots in romance (because it's almost always only treated as means of furthering romantic plot in some way, which - gross), that
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
This is officially my favorite holiday romance this year! A wonderful heroine with such a great personality! Even though she was short with "squishy thighs", she owned her sexiness and all her curves. She's over the top with all things Christmas and you don't mess with her when it comes to food, especially Christmas treats. She fake dates her boss who is Scrooge himself and their chemistry is off the charts. There were so many hilarious moments, heartwarming and emotional moments and serious ...more
ila ✨
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
[actual rating: 4.25] this book, you guys. it's so good, and so addictive. i 100% recommend it if you like at least one of these things: accidental / fake-dating (!), office romances, Christmas, New York City, banter-filled dialogue, women supporting women, and enemies-to-lovers (well, sort of?). also: Asher's six-year-old nephew Chloe is HILARIOUS. i'm not usually a huge fan of boss/employee romances, and i'm not crazy about Christmas-themed novels either— still, i absolutely loved this one and ...more
Amy
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Loved this one! All the Christmas feels, incredibly witty banter and some steam
tara
The GR rating doesn't lie.

Hasn’t it just been FOREVER since you’ve read: addictive, impressive, hilarious banter-laden dialogue? Here it is folks, just in time to put a smile on your face for Christmas. Asher and Olivia will have you shoving a fist in your mouth and biting down.

‘It’s hardly unethical for two consenting adults to be involved.’
‘I don’t recall consenting to being involved with you.’
‘I don’t recall consenting to being your personal bagel delivery girl and yet, here we are.’

Olivia
Silvia (roomforbooks)
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
TW: brief mentions of past sexual assault, mentions of death of a loved one, sexual harassment, misogyny

Rep: lesbian side characters, black side character, latinx side character

This book deals with pretty heavy topics for such a cute cover. Don’t let it fool you.

It was a pleasant surprise, I decided to read this because someone compared it to The Hating Game and when I hear a book is similar to THG, I immediately have to read it.
That said, this book had one thing or two in common with that
Ashley
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-favorites
4.25 stars!

Honestly, I've never read a true Christmas-set novel, so Faking Under the Mistletoe set the bar freakishly high for all future Christmas novels I read because I adored Olivia and Asher (I can appreciate the name ;)) and their banter SO MUCH. HOLYCRAP. I am 125% obsessed with the enemies to lovers trope as may be evidenced by my book tastes, and add in a little fake relationship on the side and you have me lassoed tf in. I JUST LOVED THE BANTER SO MUCH. Asher and Olivia had the type of
sarah
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
they were right when they said this is like the hating game but christmas edition and omg i absolutely adored it
julia ♥
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hating game but make it christmas
Meg
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Thanks Ashley for the ARC for an honest review!*

Let me first start off by saying this is probably one of the best romance books I've read in 2019. This novel consists of some of my favorite romance tropes: fake dating, office romance, and enemies to lovers!!

Olivia, intern for Asher McGowan, is a lover of all things Christmas and is always on Asher's every last nerve. She's always late to work and she never brings Asher his coffee and food to his specifications...making him the office Grinch.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Us, Again
  • Kind of Cursed
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Shortcake
  • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • Doctor Dearest
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Kissmas Eve: A Holiday Romantic Comedy
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Tweet Cute
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • His Royal Highness
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Love Lettering
Ashley Shepherd lives in Boston where she is a full-time French toast bagel connoisseur. When she’s not writing or daydreaming about being in Disney World, she’s baking (mostly cupcakes), watching TV reruns (mostly Friends), and shopping (mostly at Target). Her debut novel, The Fine Art of Losing Control, will be published on October 7, 2019.

Faking Under the Mistletoe is out on November 8th, 2019