Start by marking “Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)

Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)

A vengeful dragon.
A magician lurking in the shadows.
A ragtag team fighting to stop the planet from plunging into turmoil.

When fourteen-year-old Ivy falls through a portal into Ghost Orchid, she is scared and alone. Then, she meets a group of teen rebels fighting to save the icy wasteland. But are they really the good guys? Or are they as crazy and dangerous as they seem?

Published 2019 by Scribble Ink

To ask other readers questions about Royal Orchid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Orchid

Start your review of Royal Orchid (The Death-Hunters, #1)
Sarah Lee
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down! I read it in one day. I was immediately immersed in the story and characters. The author weaves her words with illustrative narrative and scenes that are readily conjured up in the readers mind. There is great pace to this book, from beginning to end, with clever twists that keep the reader immersed in the story.

I finished reading this story with my heart beating a little faster than normal and a feeling of great excitement to read more from this young, talented
Finn Hall
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book I couldn't put down, a read in one sitting book! It kept me constantly surprised with unexpected betrayals. Cannot wait for the next one! Highly recommend.
Alicia Hall
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut novel! Fast paced, exciting twists and unexpected turns and was left wanting more!
A.J.
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
First up, as Denika's writing mentor I'm utterly biased. But then again, I read the manuscript several times and it was never boring as Denika has created a fascinating world full of danger and critters both cute and terrifying.

The story starts with Ivy falling into a world of ice and danger and almost into the hands of the Death Hunters themselves...
Christine Edwards
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ideal read for anyone who loves a fantasy story
Marisa McWhinne
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Death-Hunters is a fast-paced and exciting novel, with quirky characters and lots of adventure. I couldn't put the book down and am really looking forward to the next one! I'd recommend it to any young fantasy reader.
Mary Stanley
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling! Amazing descriptive language and imagery. I couldn't put the book down once I started it!
Caroline
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced debut novel from young author Denika Mead had me hooked from the beginning. The story plummets the reader into in a unique new world with an air of mystery and plenty of action. The characters were believable and the story compelling. I found it hard to put down and I can't wait to read the prequel and the next book in the series.
Christina
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastical adventure story filled with vivid imagery, interesting characters and drama. The unpredictable storyline made it hard to put down and kept me wondering until the end.
Ian Crawford
Britni Pepper
is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2020

• Every Falling Star: The True Story of How I Survived and Escaped North Korea
  • Kingkiller Chronicle Patrick Rothfuss Collection 3 Books Box Set -GiftBox(The Wise Man's Fear, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, The Name of the Wind)
  • The Stormlight Archive, Books 1-3: (The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Oathbringer)
  • The Inheritance Cycle (The Inheritance Cycle #1-4)
  • Little Red
  • Forget Me Not
  • The Power of One (The Power of One, #1)
  • I Am Ozzy
  • Barn On Fire
  • A Stack of Alpacas
  • Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
  • Ruby’s Worry
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)