Start by marking “The Beginning and End of Everything” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Beginning and End ...

Stevie J. Cole

The Beginning and End of Everything

Her love was peace in his silent war.

When I was ten years old, Brandon O’Keiffe stole my heart.
When I was sixteen, he broke it.
At twenty-four, he pieced me back together while carving scars over my heart. I thought my love was enough to save him, but some people's demons consume their soul.
He was and always would be, the beginning and end of everything.

A beautiful and
Published October 25th 2019 by Lovell and Cole Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Beginning and End of Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beginning and End of Everything

Start your review of The Beginning and End of Everything
Mimiorphee
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
“This isn't goodbye, only see you later.”

As I'm writing that review, I am still trying to hold back the tears I know will come at some point.

L.P Lovell and Stevie J. Cole are an amazing duo of authors. They write seamlessly and brought out astounding emotions.

In The Beginning and The End of Everything they wrote a tragic tale with such beauty and power I know that book will stay with me forever.

From the beginning I knew it would be a tough story that will touch me deeply and that is exactly what
Eva LeNoir
Beware of your heart

Good books are a dime a dozen but stories that reach in and touch the very core of your soul? Those are rare. The Beginning and End of Everything is one such rare gem. From the writing to the journey itself, it is impossible not to fall in love with Poppy, Connor, and Brandon. Impossible not to remember those carefree days of youthful bliss and identify with the heartbreak of adulthood.
My heart splintered, my soul shattered but I have no regrets.
Elanur
dnf: it’s personal. I’ve decided to not read anything related to the U.S. Armed forces a few months ago.
Amber Fellows
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really really loved this... no review needed just read it
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
The Beginning and End of Everything - whenever you hear I’m sorry ma’am it probably isn’t going to be good news.

Wow this book is pretty deep and dark and not in the corrupt dark way but in a mental dark way.

I so get the meaning of the title of this book now and man did you ever explore “love, grief and depression”. Damn you both Stevie J. Cole and Lauren Lovell and I mean that in a good way. You made me feel. You made me cry. You made me cry an ugly cry.

I think this is a story that needs to be
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I was expecting to cry a river reading this one, but not one tear fell. I was missing that emotional attachment to the characters which was surprising considering the authors. However, I did finish the book and found myself wanting to find out how it all ends. While I could see the end coming a mile away, I still got a little choked when it did. A great moral to the story though.
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"There is so much that's wrong between us, an ocean of loss and heartbreak, anger and sorrow, but I need him. I've needed him since I was ten years old."

This....book!!!!! This is an incredibly beautiful, tragic, heartbreaking story peppered with fantastically real and detailed characters portraying what it is to be broken after the unimaginable happens. Now even more so with the additions the Authors made from the previous book. I cried, I cheered, I felt dread in the pit of my stomach when I
Jackie
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is raw, a real look at PTSD and what people go through. Not only the ones suffering but those around them. This book will rip you apart.
Poppy has so much love to give and she finds two boys that are her best friends and her everything. I don’t know why she puts up with Brandon when they are kids and teens. But I guess it’s because she loves him.
Connor is Brandon’s best friend. They are like brothers and then Poppy becomes part of their lives. A young girl who has lost her mother. The one
Sybil Milne
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Haunting

Oh my freakin heart!!
Stevie and Lauren you have wrecked me completely... I’m writing this with tears that just won’t stop ...Brandon, Poppy and Connor OMG

The friendship these three unlikely misfit kids shared is beautiful and soul deep in every way.

“I’ve lost him. And that was the beginning and end of everything.”... these words are EVERYTHING!!!

So much feels, it will tear you apart, piece you together, shatter you again and repeat... My heart is bursting with SO MANY
Kim  Brewing
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is going on my memorable reads of 2019 list. This book was nothing like I was expecting and more than I could have asked for. It has moments of every emotion I could imagine. I'm trying to explain it out loud to my hubby and the tears just flow. Sometimes you just read something that hits you in the heart and this was one of those books for me.

It is not a traditional romance although there is a love story. It tries to bring home a very real struggle that is happening in the world today and
Larina
Holy hell

I picked this book up because of a picture on Facebook. Now after reading Poppy's story I totally know why she was crying. This story hit home I'm a military brat. We all want that first love to last. Poppy Connor and Brandon will always be with me. I need a week or two to get my heart to stop breaking. An excellent story filled with love laughter and sadness.
Ana Oh
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Words

I wish I had words, because this book is love and horror and so much in between. No more words.
Constance
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My heart is breaking right now... This book gutted me. I went into it blind and I'm glad I did, otherwise I may not have read it, and that would have been a shame because it is a wonderfully, beautiful story.
Dragonfly
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

“I think he likes to remember the three of us growing up, the way we were before life became hard and cruel”

This is definitely not your typical romance. It’s so much more. It’s such a beautiful soul wrenching story. Oh my goodness I bawled my eyes out. This book is a work of fiction but it is definitely realistic fiction.

“We are never more alone than we are when we’re trapped in our own minds.”

The story is told by the 3 main characters, but mostly by Poppy. The 2 other main
Ashley Cestra
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t normally admit in reviews that I have gone to book signings and have met the authors of the books I read. One of these 2 authors put a bad taste in my mouth 3 years ago. And I have avoided her books ever since.
Here I am years later begrudgingly reading this author because I like her writing partner. I wanted to hate it, I wanted more validation for not supporting her. I didn’t find what I was looking for. What I got was a story that took me away from my own reality. This was an
Michelle
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book struck a chord. It covered one of my passion topics... something I think everyone needs to hear about rather than live in their happy bubble. PTSD is a real, terrifying thing and I don’t think we as a country do enough to hell treat our veterans after war.

But I digress. This book wrecked me in the worst and best way. I don’t cry when reading. I shed some tears on this one.

Oh how I adored Brandon. He has such a broken spirit and he constantly wanted to do the right thing but just
Deb
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the collaboration of Authors Stevie J. Cole and Lauren Lovell, their talent for drawing you in and feeling the heartbeats of the characters as if it were your own; the anguish, hurt, love, rage, compassion, and happiness. I loved the friendships that were formed between Brandon, Conner and Poppy, friendships and bonds that can’t be torn apart by the horrors of life and death. I hate what war and PTSD does to individuals and those they love. This was only a fictional glimpse of what is ...more
Jennifer Ann
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Tragedy

I dont usually leave reviews I just give them the stars I think and move on. But this book oh I have a book hangover. This book I'm not sure there are even words but I will try. This book got to me I knew where the book was headed and normally I stay away but the book pulled me in. I can't give anything away I feel like if I do I won't be able to do the book justice. I will tell you this book will captivate you and this book will break your heart. This is definitely a must read
Andrea Morgan
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow try writing a review for this without tears streaming down your face!!!

"This isn't goodbye,only see you later"

Life is not always easy and the choices we make and the paths we choose to take are what makes us or breaks us and there's nothing more true than the story within the pages of this book .

A heartbreaking story of love ,life and devastating grief .

Hold those loved ones a little tighter ,you never know what life has in store.
Kathy Aronoff
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story about 3 friends, a good girl, a good guy and a bad boy
spanning from childhood to adulthood. I should have known from the title that this book would require tissues. Poppy, Connor and Brandon will take you on a bittersweet and heartbreaking ride
Danielle Street
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book...I loved it so much but it broke my heart at the same time. This is a tragic love story with so much truth in it that adds to the heartbreak. This story will stay with me for a long time to come. I love this writing duo and will continue to be a fan of them both!
C
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romancing Susan (Monti)
I love how the story goes, Just wished it had an alternative ending.
Allie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to rate this higher, but it really dragged on in certain parts. Found myself skimming a lot. Still thought it was a good story.
Joyce Dobson
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing.
Heidi R.
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emotionally difficult read.
Friday Night
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a War series in one book
Johanna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Chris
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously heartbreaking. Hate the ending!
Konny
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
read with ku,
raw and gutting read that kept me hanging on the edge of my seat
5 stars

• Just Ten Seconds
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)
  • Amber Sky
  • Saving Barrette
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Release
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Cross your Heart
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Incomplete
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Before You
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.