Start by marking “Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)

Claiming Marcus

(Lords of Discord #1)

Vampires slaughtered my family.

No one believed me until I met some new friends, who promised to help me get justice.

But nothing prepared me for Marcus Varik.

Tall, dark, and mind-numbingly sexy.

But he’s also shy, protective, and adorably eccentric.

Oh God, I should have never agreed to betray him.

Hopefully, it's not too late
Published October 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Marcus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Marcus

Start your review of Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
Wendy

I absolutely love paranormal romances and Vampires...yeah they are definitely my kryptonite. All that hot dark and broody ?? Count me in !! Knowing there are 3 more vampire brothers and that they are getting their own book ?? Hell yeah !!

This story sucked me in from the very first page. I was at the edge of my seat trying to find out more. The mystery and suspense were very well done and it kept me entertained from beginning to end.

The romance between Marcus and Ethan was a bit on the

Cadiva
Shelves: favorites
Well, that was an absolute dream of a romance from Jocelynn Drake.

Thoroughly jam-packed with all the things I love to read in a paranormal - great world-building, compelling characters, actual repercussions for actions taken, seriously hot and sexy creatures of the night and two men I was rooting for from the start.

That Marcus has three equally interesting and complex brothers who will also be getting the spotlight shone on them was only the start of the bonus treats from this wonderful
BWT (Belen)
It took until just about midway through, but then I was sucked in completely, and finished Claiming Marcus in only a few hours.

Jocelynn Drake knows how to write a good page turner, but I'll admit, it took me a little longer than I would have liked to get into the story, and part of that was my only real complaint: it felt like a lot got skipped on page.

In particular, for me, the romance between Marcus and Ethan felt rushed and incomplete because they move into the "I love you's" and I wou
Kazza
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I'm utterly disappointed with this book. The blurb makes it sound interesting. The cover is nice, especially given music is part of the brothers’ lives that crossed over from human to vampire.

The first chapter was enigmatic but intriguing, a brother willing to become vampire for the sake of family, particularly his mother.

The next chapter was very good, Ethan's whole family, his mother, father, and two sisters are killed by cruel vampires as he listened on, hiding in a wall cavity. I was onboa
Waleska 'Wally'
New and Fascinating Legends for the Vampire Folklore

In Claiming Marcus , Jocelynn Drake is expanding in the known Vampire Folklore by creating her own MM, brand of lore and vampires.

I loved the world building , the fresh and intriguing plot , the heroes , the hot AF sexy times, low angst and the exciting action adventure aspects of the story.

Claiming Marcus is an entertaining and awesome read . It kept me engaged and invested in it's outcome from the first page to the last.
Lisazj1
Oh hell yeah!! *grabby hands*
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

What a great first installment to a new series by the always wonderful Jocelynn Drake. We had gotten assassins with hearts of gold and now we've got vampires with hearts of gold and I love it.

The book starts off in 1843, where Marcus Verik, the oldest of 4 brothers, is in his families living room, and then we meet his two twin brothers, Bel and Rafe, who aren't identical but similar enough in appearance - and couldn't be more different personality wise. And then the youn
R
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marcus and his brothers became vampire’s to protect their mother.

Ethan’s whole family was taken from him by vampires. He agrees to spy on Marcus for a human group that wants to kill the Varik brothers. When he gets a job as Marcus’s assistant it doesn’t take him long to realize the group had lied to him. His feelings for Marcus soon become so strong that he decides he needs to tell him the truth of why he is there. Unfortunately he’s to late and his secret is discovered.

The author h
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for writing a Vampire book! I love Vamps and was so pleased that an author I enjoy was diving into PNR.

Even better? I liked it.

I loved the four brothers. I was into the politics, the world building and all the setups for the future books. I'm anxious to read more.

There were a few or more times where I felt I had missed something or it happened but I never knew it happened, little holes here and there that threw me out of
Natalia
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zane Kage
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
What a great start to a new series. This was all that the blurb said and so much more. Fantasy with a contemporary romance feel, and the action I've come to love from this author. Loved everything about this, and can't wait for the next one.
Anabela.M.
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just snatched this book without even reading the blurb. Because, duh! It's Jocelynn Drake!

Honestly, after the first chapter, seeing how his family was slaughtered, I'd of expected Ethan's older self to be a hardened, cold vampire hunter. Imagine the amazing surprise to see a sweet, gentle young man,with a heart of gold. Yes,he's still hurting and searching for revenge,but that doesn't mean he's blind to the fact that vampires could also be good.

Ethan certainly wasn't ready to be utterly fasc
Fatimama
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love paranormal romance and I love Jocelynn’s style! I can’t wait to read the rest of the books and find out what happens next in the vampire world
Jenny Wood
Wow….

So, I’m not a fan of paranormal. Not even a little bit, but, I haven’t read a story by Ms. Drake that I haven’t been so enamored with and this one was no different. I might have to take a dive into vampire romance, I fear I’ve been missin out!

So, in this one, we see Ethan as a child, when we witness his family being murdered by something he thought was only folklore and urban legends. Seeing his family torn to bits as well as his neighbors in the the apartment complex, hearing
Rachel
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!!! Marcus and Ethan are my new favorite couple! I loved this unique world built here and only want to know more and more. Marcus Varik and his three brothers (Rafe, Beltran, and Winter; who are all brilliant and different. I can't wait for their books) have a hard past tied to a unstable mother and a life filled with struggles. Marcus has to be the one taking care of everyone but who takes care of him? A strong solid front for the other vampires but inside a sweet man who is still try ...more
Ayla
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I LOVE me a good vampire story! The pacing of the story was fluid and I loved getting the two sort-of-prologue chapters that gave us insight into both Ethan and Marcus before they meet each other in the present. Going into the story knowing each MC’s background definitely made it easier to connect to both characters in different ways.

Ethan and Marcus worked well together and it was nice to see them building their relationship but at the same time navigating everything that comes with being a h
ML
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that I never wanted to end.
Ethan is lost and alone in the world and even though Marcus has a family, he is also very lonely. They are like magnets. The attraction and chemistry is there. This is a slow burn but a very satisfying sexy book. The adventure and mythology part of the story is very interesting and engrossing.
Now the waiting in book 2 (Rafe’s book) is going to so hard!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Fangtastic! A sexy new story full of suspense, romance and action. I loved the story and really enjoyed reading about Marcus and Ethan and watching their relationship develop. The brothers were interesting and I can’t wait to learn more about them and what happens next.
Tina
4 stars. Loved Ethan and Marcus.

Who's next? Looking inside Rafe's head would be interesting....
Leigh
Yay A New Series

Awesome read. I'm very excited to read more of this new series. I love paranormal and this one has a unique spin on vampires.
Michelle Slagan
Sexy Vamp....Oh My

Vampire Romance books are what life is made of. I am a huge Vamp reader and was incredibly excited to see one of my authors wrote one. Then writing was AMAZING, as always. I thoroughly enjoyed getting know the different Varik brothers and their personalities.

Vampire meets cute boy but cute boy hates vampires....What could possibly go wrong? Hahahahaha....Claiming Marcus was sweet, sexy and at times worrisome. You just didn't know how the story would play out.

I cant wai
Rachel Emily
Oh man! It's been a while since I have read a truly bad ass, well-written, super sexy vampire romance (sans mpreg, that is...I'm talking just a true vampire PRN romance) and this book delivered on so, so many levels! Great characters, great chemistry between our two MCs, great world building with clans and divided groups and inner-vampire politics, bad ass vampires - actually feeding on blood, and a book that left me needing book 2 right away!

Ethan's childhood was destroyed when vamp
Dia
This is the first book in the Lords of Discord new series by Jocelynn Drake.

Marcus Varik was the oldest of four brothers, and now he's a vampire. I am pretty curious about his brothers and their own stories, especially about Rafe. There was something about his attitude and cheekiness that made me like him the most.

Ethan was determined to gather intel on Marcus and his brothers, because his own family was killed years ago by vampires. The only thing he wanted was revenge.

When Ethan meets Marcus, everything he believed about vampires i
Joyfully Jay
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

Claiming Marcus starts The Lords of Discord series about four vampire brothers. This first book focuses on the oldest, Marcus, but also introduces the other three brothers as well. It started out interesting with Marcus and the family having to move and Marcus needing an assistant to help with that. Ethan was left an orphan at a young age when a vampire killed his entire family and he has never forgotten and the need for revenge has never quieted. He falls in with
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t read many paranormal books so when I do, I feel like I’m more critical of them. I’m a big fan of this author’s other works so I felt safe reading this one and I’m glad I did. The book started slowly, setting the stage for the series but quickly ramped up pulling me into the fray. One of the reasons I typically don’t care for paranormal stories is the violence and there is some here but it’s not too overwhelming.

When Ethan and Marcus first meet and begin working together, I wa
Kirstin
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
As much as I wanted to love this book, it sort of had me wanting more in the end. I'm hoping that the next book in the series will answer some of my questions.

I loved the first third of the book. LOVED. Ethan was driven to revenge 16 years after his entire apartment building, including his family, was slaughtered by vampires. Hired by Marcus Varik, a vampire, he hoped to get confirmation of which vampire murdered his family, then end them. Instead, he found the Varik family to be int
Wax
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

Ethan’s family was slaughtered by vampires. He never forgot that terrible night. He even saw the face of one as he was hiding, hearing the screams of his family. He vowed to help take them down. The only trouble is that his mark is his newest employer, Marcus Varik. As he works for him, he gets confused. Marcus doesn’t act the way that he would expect from his previous experience w
Cathy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent start to a series !

I love paranormal romance, and I love to read about sexy vampires, and all the exciting things they can do with their fangs.

This new series has a family of four brothers, who have stuck together over a hundred years. Each one has a different personality, and all share the bond of brotherhood.

The oldest brother is Marcus Varik, and his story begins the series. He hires Ethan Colin to be his personal assistant. What Marcus doesn't know
Faye Kennedy
💖 🔥 A great start as Marcus and Ethan's lives change drastically.  Aghast is high in this book with a human vs vampire feelings go haywire for the characters. Ethan holding secret from Marcus which will enabling bound to come out. Hot sexy scenes begins as chemistry sizzles.  Danger is close with members of vampire group goes of the rails which Marcus has to deal with.
This is one of the best vampire books that I've read in a long time. Scenes are happening with danger, love and much more that k
Susan
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Claiming Marcus by Jocelynn Drake via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. Claiming Marcus is the start of a new series that promises to exceed the author’s other books. I’ve been a fan of fantasy since reading LOTR in fifth grade, but I took longer to embrace vampires. Once I did, there’s been no looking back. After reading so many vampire books, it takes a lot to capture my interest these days, but Claiming Marcus did that. I enjoyed Marcus being ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • Tallowwood
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Raven's Hart (Haven Hart Universe #7)
  • Rocket Science
  • Now You See Me
  • Without Warning (Cobalt Security, #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
It started with a battered notebook. Jocelynn Drake wrote her first story when she was 12 years old. It was a retelling of Robin Hood that now included a kickass female who could keep up with all the boys and be more than just a sad little love interest. From there, she explored space, talked to dragons, and fell in love again and again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up,