Start by marking “Xeni (Loose Ends #2)” as Want to Read:
Xeni (Loose Ends #2)

Xeni

(Loose Ends #2)

She just wanted to claim her inheritance. What she got was a husband…

Xeni Everly-Wilkins has ten days to clean out her recently departed aunt’s massive colonial in Upstate New York. With the feud between her mom and her sisters still raging even in death, she knows this will be no easy task, but when the will is read Xeni quickly discovers the decades old drama between the
Published October 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Xeni, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Xeni

Start your review of Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
K.J. Charles
A wildly enjoyable contemporary romance with a delightful 'marriage of convenience for the inheritance' plot and absolutely yummy characters. MOC plots often involve people hating or resenting or mistrusting each other, whereas here we have two people trapped in this absurd situation who take a sensible, generous approach, build an alliance, talk to each other, behave supportively, and generally are *exactly* the people you'd want to be forced to marry by the terms of your aunt's will.

Mason is
mina reads™️
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This is a book about grief, self discovery and finding love in unexpected places at unexpected times. Xeni is about the titular character, Xeni, whose favorite Aunt Sable has suddenly passed away. While in the process of the memorial and settling her Aunt’s estate she is informed that her Aunt left her an absurd amount of money. Her Aunt, ever the generous woman also left a lil something for her friend Mason McInroy, the twist? To
Lindsay
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The author is busy tying together pretty much all her contemporary romance novels into the same universe. In this case we have Xeni from Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny and Mason from Sanctuary, as well as supporting characters from some of her other books.

In this case Xeni travels to upstate New York from California to settle the affairs of her recently passed aunt only to find that her aunt's will specifies that she and expatriate scot Mason McInroy get married so that they can each receive money from
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book was such a delight I CANNOT

RTC!!
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hi. Rebekah Weatherspoon continues releasing my favorite romance books. With each new book, I'm like "wait now this is my new favorite forever" and this happened with Xeni as well. The newly released Xeni, a marriage of convenience romance, was simply fabulous. Made me happy, swoony, I shed some tears in some scenes. I was big ball of messy emotions while reading it but I woudn't have it any other way.

Yes! There is a marriage of convenience trope. Our protagonists, Xeni and Mason, both have to
Xan West
Content Warnings: (view spoiler)

This felt like the swooniest of all the romances I've read by Weatherspoon, it had all
Miya Kressin
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I’m all for a complicated relationship, and this story did not disappoint. Thrown together by Xeni’s deceased relative, Xeni and Mason face not only their own family dramas but that which comes from two *OMG* independent people learning to let someone else in after past hurts.

I was caught from the opening scene. The song played at the memorial service had me in laughter and tears. Rebekah brilliantly blends humor and intimacy
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

It's on my kindle!! After that mic drop at the end of Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny, I can't wait to see what Xeni got herself into!!!

** ARC provided by author**
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on Bewitching Bibliophile

I love following Rebekah on twitter, so when she put out a call for reviewers for Xeni, I jumped at the chance ( low key didn't think I would make the cut, because I don't give myself enough credit as a reviewer, but mama we made it). I had seen how everyone was raving about Rafe: a Buff Nanny I decided I needed to get in on her books. Xeni showed up in my inbox and I dived right in and OMGawd I'm so happy right now.

First and foremost I absolutely
Smart Women Read Romance
4.5 Stars

A romance involving a stipulation in a will for a marriage of convenience? SOLD! I love this trope and I will not be shamed. Xeni and Mason are delicious together - a hilarious and kickass witch and a bag-pipe-playing ginger (you know I'm a sucker for a ginger i.e. Rafe). These two develop such a beautiful bond throughout the course of the story - you can really feel them falling in love as they deal with the fallout from Sable's will.
Timitra
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Xeni was so good. It deals with death, grief and self discovery among other things. I loved that in the midst of grief Xeni and Mason found something neither was looking for but that they both desperately needed. I loved the way the author interspersed humour so it felt more feel good and upbeat despite the themes it dealt with. I loved it and highly recommend it.

Copy provided by author
Charish Reid
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...this was so good!

It was refreshing to have a hero with a different body type. I loved Macon, the gentle giant, so much. The bi-rep was wonderful as well. And I especially enjoyed the frank discussion about babies! I won't get into it too much, but babies at the end of a romance aren't always the mark of HEA and I'm so happy that Weatherspoon recognizes that.

kittykat
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

How refreshing to read a romance hero that is not a musclebound god with abs of steel! (I prefer nice smooth pecs anyway!) Am really curious now to read about some of the other 'girls' (Xeni's friends) and also about Silas and Liz.
Mom Seeks Smut
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Loose Ends series is perfect mix of serious, make you giggle, steamy swoony firery hot and sweet love story.
A friend shared Rafe with me just a week ago and I fell head in. I knew before opening Xeni I was going to love it. She was a great best friend with awesome standalone scenes of her own in Rafe who mic drops at the end of book #1.
Xeni is great from the very first page. Forced proximity trope is absolutely one of my
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Xeni is in upstate New York dealing with the death of her beloved aunt when she discovers a huge family secret that has been the source of family drama for years. Upsetting as the revelation is, she also finds out her aunt was a millionaire and left most of her estate to Xeni, on the condition that she marry Mason and stay married for 30 days.

Mason moved to the small town in New York seven years ago, escaping his abusive father. Living with his cousin and his family, Mason befriended Ms. Sable
Rachel
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was shamelessly adorable and simple and I loved it.
I love a good "marriage of convenience" trope and this book delivered on it perfectly. It also delivered on an incredibly realistic black female character who remembers to wrap her hair at night, fights against saying what's going on in her head and is a witch. Plus, the sex scenes were dope!
This book made me laugh out loud, tear up, and fall in love with the romance between Xeni and Mason over and over again.
Storme
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for the eARC. I chose to review this book on my own volition. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

So this book deals with Xeni dealing with the aftermath of losing her favorite aunt and finding out this huge family secret. The secret isn’t easy for her to process… but having Mason around will ease the pain. Because he’s Scottish and thicc. Seriously yummy

I love marriages of convenience because it is always kind of crazy. But I’m such a sucker for a good love story, I
I received an e-ARC of Xeni by Rebekah Weatherspoon from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Xeni was an excellent side character in one of my favorite reads this year, Rafe, and I was super excited to get her story. The fact that the hero is Mason from Sanctuary was icing on the cake. I love the description of Mason. He’s a big dude, burly, soft tummy, dark hair with hints of red in his beard. Which makes him a ginger in my mind and therefore he is automatically 10 times hotter. So I
Megan
Loved this. It felt like people connecting and living their lives naturally, even with that gigantic wallop of a classic romance trope (marriage of convenience forced by a relative's will). There were so many tiny elements that prompted me to think to myself, "This is the first time I've seen this in a (m/f) romance...", and the entire time, the story and characters and their lives emerged softly and organically. This ties with Treasure as my favorite book by Weatherspoon.
Karen
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was a little bored by it honestly...

So, I had the same issue with Rafe, RW introduces a bunch of characters without describing them who were superfluous. If the teenagers who come to the memorial aren't important, don't include them... The only character who got a description was the Mason.

Also, just like in Rafe, I found the main heroine in this book lackluster, too...Xeni seems like a kind of crappy friend...When you are grieving and a grown up, a person does not lock herself away; she leans
Taryn
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anybody who can pull off a forced marriage trope and make it believable has my respect, but hats off to Rebekah Weatherspoon for writing one set in today’s world that didn’t make me want to throw the book down in disbelief. Xeni’s aunt has left her a huge inheritance, but in order to claim it she has to marry Mason, a Scottish bagpiper who works as a cook at a small-town café. They decide to go ahead with the marriage and get an amicable divorce after the requisite time has passed, but there’s ...more
Misha
This is a delightful BW/WM marriage of convenience romance where both of the main characters are bi. I also adored RAFE, the first in the Loose Ends series.
Erika
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointing

I had such high hopes for the book given the topic but it felt completely flat. First of all, this is supposed to be a standalone and there is no physical description of Xeni. As for Mason we had to wait almost the last page to find out that he is 36. The book was also slow and boring. Mason was aimless until the epilogue. What really annoyed me though is how the topic of her birth was dealt with. There was basically zero discussion and the whole nonsense about how Sable was
Melissa
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good it made me want to go back to Wrapped so I did. I loved everything about it. *chef's kiss*
Angie
This is the hottest book I've read in a minute. Hoo boy.
Jess
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Shelves: arc, 5-stars, 2019
One of my favorite books I've read this year. I loved EVERYTHING about it. Xeni. Mason. The forced marriage. The pegging. ALL. OF. IT.

Buy this book as soon as you can!

I'll try to put together a more coherent review very soon!
Melinda
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars, review to come but I LOVE Xeni the character ...more
Laura Dvorak
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one has been sitting on my digital loans shelf for a few weeks, and I'm so glad I decided to beat the due date instead of returning it unread.

The Loose Ends series has a great premise: Weatherspoon takes minor characters from her previous books and gives them their own happy endings. I actually haven't read any of her other series, but both XENI and RAFE, Loose Ends #1, are great as stand-alone reads.

XENI begins with a funeral, which is obviously the sexiest place for a romance to begin.
Leslie
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute story, easy read. I recommend except for the terrible editing. I just wrote this about another black woman romance writer (except hers are queer and actually allow two black character to be together lol) but it’s outrageous the terrible editing these authors get. Xeni was not as bad as Rafe (whew chilé, those errors were bad - though, to be fair, I enjoyed Rafe more than Xeni, despite the errors) but honestly, there really shouldn’t be any errors at all!

I’ve been reading lots of RW’s
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Grumpy Jake
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • The Write Escape
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Neighborly (Erotic Accommodations, #2)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • American Love Story (Dreamers, #3)
  • Lush Money (Filthy Rich #1)
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over The Holidays, #1)
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • The Lord I Left (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #3)
  • Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the

Loose Ends (2 books)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)