Start by marking “Daeios: 140 Feet Down” as Want to Read:
Daeios: 140 Feet Down

Daeios: 140 Feet Down

They believed Daeios would be a safe haven.

They were wrong.

Fleeing apocalyptic weather, a young survivalist woman and her family seek safety deep underground. But a new danger awaits them.

When the leaders of the shelter announce their plans to repopulate the earth using all fertile females, Shea knows she will be forced to become a breeder. Horrified at her impending
Published October 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Daeios, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daeios

Start your review of Daeios: 140 Feet Down
Jasmine
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daeios: 140 Feet Down is one of those books that sounds intriguing, and then it ends up blowing you out of the water. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this novel.

Shea, a twenty-something woman, is living her life the way she wants. But apocalyptic weather forces her to return home to her family and take shelter underground, and her freedom to live how she wants becomes non-existent.

Daeios is a shelter run by religious zealots. Not only do they not allow anyone of another race (only white
Beverly Laude
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, dystopian, kindle
This was a well-written book about what could happen when people think the end of the world might be coming and they find themselves living 140 feet down with like-minded religious zealots.

Shea is a typical college student, getting drunk and sleeping around when the storms hit. Her family has bought a place in a religious haven located 140 feet underground. From the moment that Shea and her family arrive, you just know that something ain't right here! "Maybe you have to be a single old man to be
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Daeios: 140 Feet Down is one of the best books I think I have ever read. It pulled me in from the first page and I don’t think it let go when I turned the last page. No this is one book that will stay with me for a very long time. I will not forget it for many years to come. Daeios: 140 Feet Down kept me on my toes as I followed Shea and her family as they fought the weather that was trying to destroy the world and them with it.

Daeios: 140 Feet Down opens with a young girl in college living on
J.P. de La Fontaine
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of Daeios: 140 Feet Down from the author, and am leaving an honest review.

A first-class debut novel. Well crafted. Gritty and at times hard-hitting. Believable. Periodically interspersed with sudden surprises, twists and turns that maintained a suitable pace throughout! As an editor and proofreader, I was automatically tuned to detect any errors but found none in the 300+ pages of Colleen Eccles Penor's book. This comes as no surprise when one reads that the
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Shae's family is headed to Daeios, 140 feet below ground because the end is near. Killer storm plague them with lightning related deaths and softball size hail. Add the newest drug addiction and society is crumbling. Even with all this, Shae doesn't want to go.

Situations arise that force her and her family underground against her will. What happens underground becomes a nightmare in the making.

This is not my normal genre and while I found it disturbing I appreciated the authors
Joni Kumor
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast paced book was a fun read!
Beth Kollman
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book. Kept my interest and moved at a good pace. I would recommend to others.
Fawn
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to start out by saying I had some difficulty with the main character Shea. You start the book being told she is an adult in college living on her own with a confident personality. But from the moment they enter Daeios she doesn't act like that person. Even later in the book when you find out about things that were going on it still felt like too quick of a transformation to me. She immediately falls for Julian the only guy in her age range. Everything else is an exciting read. You can ...more
ElleM
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an exciting, fast-paced dystopian thriller.

Shea is a young woman at college, living the college lifestyle. The weather is out of control and causing widespread devastation and worsening to the point where it will soon be almost un-survivable. Shea's parents are part of a strong church community which has prepared for this well in advance by creating a vast underground fortress-like shelter where so-called superior humans will escape to and form a new society.

The race to get to the
Bonni Jackson
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, thrilling novel

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Unlike many dystopian novels, this one doesn’t get too bogged down with romance. It is a faced paced, exciting adventure. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
NormaCenva
Good story, interesting if it will continue.
Amanda
Jan 04, 2020
Jana Lucas
Jan 07, 2020
Lisa Sorenson
Dec 05, 2019
Colleen Penor
Nov 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
James Robert
Michele Soyer
Nov 10, 2019

• The Magic Fairy Godmother
  • Comanche
  • Murder on Cape Cod (Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery, #1)
  • Day Zero (Day Zero Duology, #1)
  • Bonbon with the Wind (Southern Chocolate Shop Mystery Book 4)
  • A Single Light (The Line Between #2)
  • The Line Between (The Line Between #1)
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The Songs of Us
  • The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • Awa and the Dreamrealm (Dreamweavers, #1)
  • Away with the Penguins
  • The Dog Ate My Homework
  • The City of Souls
  • Comfort Food
  • Canadian Dreadful: An Anthology
  • A Lady's Past (Everton Domestic Society, #4)
  • Fighting Back (Battle Ground #4)
Colleen Eccles Penor wrote and illustrated her first children’s book, The Rubber Ducky, when she was seven, and sold it for 25 cents, keeping 100% of her royalties. She's a United States Army veteran who served as a military police officer, where she learned survival skills and the use of multiple weapons, skills needed by the characters in DAEIOS: 140 FEET DOWN. This is her debut novel.