Start by marking “In the Line of Ire (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles Book 1 )” as Want to Read:
In the Line of Ire (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles Book 1 )

In the Line of Ire

(Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #1)

Jack finds himself the target of a blazing hatred

His commanding officer blames Jack for his own failings. Jack becomes a scapegoat of his malicious jealousy and hatred, and he is intent on making Jack pay – with his life!
>>>In the cross-hairs of an egotistical man without remorse
Fighting for their lives, Jack and his new love – Major Lori D
Published (first published February 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about In the Line of Ire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Line of Ire

Start your review of In the Line of Ire (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles Book 1 )
Erik Sapp
Jan 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-fiction
I managed to finish the book, which normally rates at least two stars. However, this book is so bad that I cannot justify that high of a rating.

1) The whole thing starts because a full-bird Army Colonel is concerned that a Captain is going to take his command. There is a reason rank structure exists, and why some jobs require certain rank. A billet filled by a COL is not going to go to a Captain except on a short-term, emergency basis (ie everyone senior is dead or incapacitated). If
Tere Fredericks
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brutally Intense

I actually started reading this series with book four. As events got more intense, I wondered if I had any of the other books in my library. YES! All four of the beginning books. So I stopped #4 to start at the beginning with this book.

I must say this series starts with a bang. (Sometimes humor is all you have. Sorry.)

I write my reviews as I read. So sometimes something will sound HUH? until you read the book. This also helps me remember what the book is about later
Diane E
Wow what a story

Panama late 1980s . Major Bass and Major Darden are working together in the OR of a field hospital . When they called the CO to come to operate on a wounded soldier he refuses and when pressed showed up reeling drunk . This is the beginning of a terrifying set of events that could cost them their lives as the CO goes on a rampage to destroy Dr Bass.
Nancy Silk
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A Very Captivating Fictional Story"

This is the first book I've read by this author, who is a doctor himself. His main character is Jack Bass, a military doctor assigned to the front lines along with nurse Major Lori Darden. Along with the warriors they, too, will be fighting for their lives. However, the predator is not an enemy of the nation ... just a pervert enemy of Jack! This is really very awesome, easy and quick to read to become captivated. I totally enjoyed it.
Linda
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG , if this ARC is a prequel, I can't imagine how the next book can top this! I was intrigued from the very first chapter and wondered how poor Jack could go on with his crazzyy CO! I have to read this next book as I'm not the latest fan of Mr. Dasso!!
connie evans
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard read

Not as good as I had anticipated, but once you start reading it gets better. Make sure to have time to read chapter as a time
Debi
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great medical thriller

Very enjoyable read. It went so fast. I'm off to read the second book in this series. Lots of ups and downs. Fun characters. I recommend this book.
Dj Angle
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doctors in the Army

Story of one doctors trials with a CO that hated him. How he coped and found a female friend to help him through the thought times.
Michelle
Aug 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was beyond awful. I would suggest if you are going to write about the military, you might do a tad bit of research on the military.
Margo Haydu
Mar 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Way way to long this story, took me forever to try and finish it. Only 1 star. A waste of time
Ted Tayler
"Not for me"

No comment
Stephanie
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good series

I just picked up this book the day before yesterday. Very good start to a series. I’m about to start book two. I highly recommend this one.
Reagan Hobson
The characters in this book are a bit shallow. The antagonist, Colonel Blackburn, reminds me of a mix between Dr. Horrible and a $.10 comic villain. How many times will he throw his head back and laugh maniacally? Very overdone. He's a joke, and you know his plans aren't going to work. It's like watching Wile E. Coyote try to catch The Roadrunner. The protagonist, Jack Bass, is a shy, quiet, rule-follower who ends up shooting a man in the leg as he runs away from him. The same man he jumped in a ...more
Kelly Smith Reviews
In In The Line of Ire, the prequel to Dr. Edwin Dasso's novel Past Aghast, readers learn the story behind Major Jack Bass and his beginnings as a medic in the Army in the late 1980s-90s.

It talks about how he met Lori Darden, the niece of his boss, General Smithson, and how they both crossed the wrong man: Colonel Blackburn, AKA The Cutter.

When Blackburn turns up drunk to the OR one nightand they report it, they open a deep can of worms...and these worms bite.

I
Michele Taylor
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first Jack Bass story I was keen to find out more about this courageous and enigmatic character. In the Line of Ire gave me the answers I was looking for as to what motivates Jack, the demons that he faces and the loves in his life. Ed Dasso has skilfully sculpted Jack and his love Lori as he puts them in a series of dangerous and at the same heroic situations all based around their military careers in field hospitals in war zones. When they have to confront a controlling, alcoho ...more
Quillracer
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
This medical-military mystery had an interesting premise – a military doctor suffers the wrath of an egotistical superior officer. It started well with the main characters – Major Jack Bass and Major Lori Darden – thrown into a dangerous situation early in the story. And Jack faces repeated danger throughout the story.

Dasso does a great job narrating action scenes but between them, the story drags. It seems as if he had a lot of ideas he wanted in the story but couldn’t quite mesh into a smooth
Mahamadou
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The setting and the characters of “In the Line of Ire”, a fictional novel written by Dasso Edwin has definitely intrigued me from the very beginning. The protagonist Dr. Jack Bass is a captain officer triage OD in an operating military base medical unit, he is under the command of a perverse Colonel Dr. Blackburn. Jack is a passionate and brave doctor, a hard worker who is always trying to save wounded soldiers by hook or by crook. This situation is somehow bothering the Colonel as he sees Jack ...more
Mario
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads
Set in a time of War and uprising, in the Line of Ire is a riveting novel filled with suspense and mystery. It explores being betrayed by the ones you trust or the ones that have authority over you. This novel explores fighting for ones right and ones freedom in a cruel world of jealousy and hatred. It also shows that even in an ugly world or in the hopelessness of any situation, Love can still be found as portrayed in the relationship between Jack and Lori. This is a must read. I suggest you ge ...more
Ellen White
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IN THE LINE OF IRE by Edwin Dasso. A new author for me, and he does a good job of keeping you interested from beginning to end. This shows the demons that Jack is confronting, and the romance with Lori. Of Jack wondering about the hatred that Blackburn had, that motives a person to kill. It is action packed, the medical is believable ,a mix of mystery and romance. A good good read for all to enjoy. Given ARC for my voluntary review and my honest opinion.
Nastasia Nesbeth
This is a good book. I find that it brings out the issues that people face with those around them that questions trustworthiness, honor and more. Great prequel to the author's book, Past Aghast. Great read. I would definitely recommend it.
Jean Holtof
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An action packed medical suspense that was kept one guessing, how will he get out of this one! I enjoyed the ride. I like the writing style of Edwin Dasso and look forward to reading more of his stories. Loved the title.
Bonnye Reed
Jun 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-gift
author gift
Jack Courtney
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

Keeps you going beginning to end. Makes you glad your no in the service. But could happen here too no one is safe.
Judy
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great read, from start to finish. I couldn't put it down, the descriptions were so realistic you felt like it was real. Ready to read the next book.
William K. CROWLEY
Excellent story!

An engrossing story with believable and likable characters. The story moves quickly and the resolution was effective. Looking forward to more Dr. Bass stories.
Fred Ulrich
Apr 08, 2017
Charlotte
Jun 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bad Blood (Violet Darger, #4)
  • Boulevard Dreams
  • Greed (Amber Monroe Crime Thriller, #1)
  • Where There's A Will (Inspector Stone Mysteries, #1)
  • The Most Awfullest Crime of the Year: Gawd Almighty and the Corn: A Massanutten Tale (Artsy Chicks Mysteries #2)
  • Conclusive Evidence
  • Choice of Weapon
  • Grave Danger (The Rookie Club #4)
  • The Fugitive's Trail (Sean Kruger, #1)
  • Vegas Lies (Lies #3)
  • Luthecker
  • The Case (The Beckett Cypher, #1)
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Guilt (Passion Patrol, #1)
  • Everything to Lose (The Rookie Club #5)
  • Chaos at Crescent City Medical Center (Alex Destephano, #1)
  • John Stone: The Hard Kill: The Hard Core Origin 1 of 4
  • The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)

Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles (7 books)
  • Past Aghast (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #2)
  • Death Management (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #3)
  • Don't Worry, You'll be Safe (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #4)
  • Do I Know You? (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #5)
  • Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)
  • Death Hub (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #7)