Start by marking “The Vail Method” as Want to Read:
The Vail Method

The Vail Method

What if getting older didn’t have to mean experiencing joint pain, insomnia, or frequently feeling tired and worn out? For Dr. Matthew Ehrlich, it doesn’t. His guidebook offers a compilation of the best health advice from the most trusted sources, drawing from his training in anti-aging medicine and his work in the exercise physiology lab. Aging doesn’t have to mean losing ...more
Paperback
Published January 14th 2020 by Advantage Press

To ask other readers questions about The Vail Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vail Method

Start your review of The Vail Method
Kathleen Garber
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is a nutrition and exercise guide for the aging person who doesn’t want to be unfit just because they are older. Dr. Ehrlich’s method (named after his hometown) combines 4 basic components:

1. plant-based diet and nutrition
2. aerobic exercise with lactate threshold testing and heart rate-based training
3. rest, with avoidance of overtraining, and sleep
4. mindfulness and relaxation

The book wasn’t for me, mainly because it’s made for those who are willing to make big changes, no matter how
Diane Hernandez
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Everyone over forty wants to feel better—not older. Well, The Vail Method is a comprehensive program to do just that!

Here are the four core aspects of the program:
• Eat a plant-based diet
• Do aerobic exercise to reach a custom heart rate goal
• Get enough sleep
• Practice mindfulness

Most books focus on one thing: dieting, exercising, sleeping or mindfulness. It is nice to have it all in one place. In addition to the topics listed above, there are also sections about medical tests and supplements
Jackie
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book presents honest and practical advice for aging gracefully. It's based on creating and maintaining a healthy routine that will continue to benefit you as you age. In general, Americans are inundated with misleading information surrounding "anti-aging" practices, and many people choose quick fixes marketed to them which can be ineffective and even dangerous. I was so glad to find a truly useful and science-backed book designed to enlighten and not deceive!
Marissa DeCuir
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The recipes in this book have changed my life! My family are big on eating meat, so I was over the moon when this book had a section dedicated to how to eat a plant based diet while living in a meat eating home. The recipes are easy to make, and I can already tell a difference in how I feel after eating them. It was so nice having a book that really explained how to feel the best I can without being overwhelming A must read if you relate!
Emily Wieman
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a runner, I have loved getting to read this book. The book is marketing towards how to stay healthy while getting older, but I found it insanely helpful even as a younger person with tips and tricks to stay on the top of my game now and later. One of the best health books I have read in a while!
JKS Communications
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED the Vail Method. It was such a helpful resource on how I can keep my body healthy and happy as I get older. So glad that I came across this book!!
Belle

• War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • Soul Keeper
  • Athena's Choice
  • Ascending (The Vardeshi Saga, #1)
  • The flaw