Start by marking “The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)

The Mocking Man

(The Pact #1)

Two friends. One pact. A dangerous plan with an elaborate deception. In a world where they must rely on each other to survive, how far will each of them go to honor the pact?
----
The Mocking Man:

Deception.

Not a word I would have associated with myself fifteen years ago. Back then I was innocent and carefree, a teenage boy with big dreams.

Then my best friend Rafe was
Published February 3rd 2020 by Leslie Georgeson Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Mocking Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mocking Man

Start your review of The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)
Carla Bulian
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book totally unprepared and what a great surprise.
This book was so well written and uncomplicated, this story was amazing, maybe some lies.
It’s worth the reading.
Dawn
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good fantasy romance. When Alex and Rafe met they had no clue how important the other would become in their lives. Follow their journey here in this book.

When Izzy becomes involved in their lives they once again take a dramatic turn and she becomes the very reason they do what they do. A pact that could cost either one their own lives at any moment.
Excitement, anxiety, loyalty, love, honor, friendship, and hatred all live in the pages of this book.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest
Sara Sigler
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Leslie!! It was A very intense book, I cried and once I started reading this book I couldn’t put it down. Rafe and Isabella just had to make it out of under their father’s business alive and also his friend Alex. With all of the problems that they had going on it just didn’t seem possible but they prevailed and the ending was so worth it. Can’t wait for Rafe’s story next! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading this book routing for them.
Elizabeth Connor
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing, on-the-edge-of-your-seat romance that I couldn't put down. As each chapter ended, I was compelled to continue to the next. The plot is exciting and uncertain, and luckily, it has a clear and complete ending.

Mostly, this was very well executed. My problem was with characters and dialogue. There was a lot of internal debate on the parts of Alex and Isabella as the narration switched from one POV to the next. There was too much reflection on the sizzling chemistry between
Kristen Russell
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When young Alex moves into a new neighborhood, he meets the boy next door, Rafe. They quickly become inseparable and make a pact that they will always be there for each other. Fast forward... the boys are 17 and Rafe is kidnapped by his father, the head of a cartel known for drugs, guns, and human trafficking. Soon after Alex disappears and isn’t seen or heard from again. 15 years later... Isabella is shocked to discover that she has an older brother from the same father, the father she has ...more
Diane
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING DUET A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "THE MOCKING MAN" OMG!!!! Leslie Georgeson outdid herself writing this phenominal storyline it grabs you right from the beginning so much intense drama, suspense, intrigue, deception, secrets, lies, kidnapping, human trafficking, danger, twists you never saw coming.
Alex Davies meets Rafe when he and his mom Sophie Ortiz move in next door both the same age 14yrs became inseparable made a pact to always have one another's backs no matter what.
One night Rafe was
Betty Reynolds
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best friends Alex and Rafe have a childhood bond of brotherhood. When Rafe is kidnapped by his criminal father, Alex tries to free him. The situation gets worse when Isabella discovers she has a brother, Rafe, but she doesn't count on being kidnapped as well by their evil father. Can Alex save them both?
I loved this book about two honorable and brave young men! It takes you through a roller coaster of emotions as good struggles to overcome evil, and I admit to shedding a few tears when Alex and
Carol
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to the series. This had you from the start, made you want to finish to see what was next. It was well thought out and written. The characters were great. It had you feeling what the characters did. It was about family blood and not, friendship, bonds, righting wrongs. It had some twists and turns, it was fast paced. It had you rooting for the Mocking Man, hoping for Alex, falling for Isabella. The story unfolds beautifully, reads smooth and has you thinking about it for ...more
Jen
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book one the The Pact Duet. Two friends and one pact. Meet Rafe, his sister - Isabella and Alex. This story is told in Alex's POV and what an amazing read it is. This story covers so many topics and basis all while flowing so smoothly and effortlessly through the story. I loved the twists and turns that were worked in to enhance the story and encouraged you to read on as the story unfolds. I loved the characters as well, they each had their contribution to the story and made it more ...more
Ashley
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I really loved the Dregs series, so moving onto to something new was hard for me but I tried to keep an open mind. "The Mocking Man" was a bit hard for me to follow at first, but once I gave it a chance and let myself be lost into the world of crime and mystery, I enjoyed it. I loved the fierce bond of brothers and respect showed to women. I liked that our heroine was strong and sassy and had no trouble giving people a piece of her ...more
Heather Wamboldt
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Mocking Man is the first book in The Pact duet and is Alex's story.

This romantic suspense story has well-developed characters that are strong, intelligent, and have amazing chemistry together. The storyline is well written and intriguing, with a boyhood pact, kidnapping, human trafficking, family issues, danger, suspense, twists and turns, and a chance for romance.

I cannot wait to read Rafe's story next.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story line. Alex and Rafael become friends after Rafael and his mother move in the neighborhood. Rafael's father is the head of a drug cartel and he captures him. Alex goes looking to rescue Rafael. Alex has to stay hidden from the cartel and Rafael has to do his father's bidding. Miguel Alvarez is the head of the cartel and finds out he has a daughter. I could not put this novel down as it captured my attention from the start. A page turner and a thriller.
Karen Roma
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Mocking Man is the first book in Leslie Georgeson’s The Pact series and sets a fast and intriguing pace from the beginning to end. This story is packed with amazing characters, and the storyline is an edge-of-your-seat, can’t put down romance that keeps you riveted till the last page is turned. A thoroughly enjoyable book that whets the appetite for more to come.
Mesorain
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book was fabulous! I had a joy, heartache, fear, and happiness all through this book! Izzy is nosy and can't keep from getting her butt in trouble. Rafe is an unknown until Izzy found out. Then, there is our man, Alex. Dang! I want him. An man of many mysteries. Perfect men rolled into one. Mystery and romance are a plus and this is a definite plus! Read it!

Free read from Booksprout!
Elvira
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time reading this book. The characters are well written and engaging and had plenty of chemistry that helped keep me entertained from page one to the last word.

Kathy Mccalmon
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible book. It will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride. This has everything you need for a great book.

Sue
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Romantic suspense and am always excited to find a new to me author that can do it, and do it well. Enter Leslie Georgeson and The Mocking Man. I loved it and cannot wait for book 2.
Destiny Brown
Zahily
Feb 16, 2020
Sydney Scothon
Feb 17, 2020

• Deceived (The Child Collector Series Book 1)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • The Wish Collector
  • Effecting the End (The Capsule Killer #6)
  • The Nosferatu Conspiracy: The Sleepwalker (Book #1)
  • The Devil Ball Mysteries Boxed Set
  • Story Engineering: Character Development, Story Concept, Scene Construction
  • A Bottle of Betrayal for the Forgotten Duchess: A Historical Regency Romance Novel
  • To Catch a Husband (U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • Over Easy
  • The Dare
  • The Unpopular Sheriff
  • Axel: Alpha Male Friends to Lovers Short Romance (Broadaxe Security Book 2)
  • Two for the Money (Harry Starke #2)
  • Tamper Proof: A Sonia Amon, MD Medical Thriller (Dr. Sonia Amon Medical Thrillers Book 4)
  • Twisted Fate
  • Pearls and Green Beer: Bindarra Creek Short and Sweet
Leslie Georgeson writes romance and suspense, sometimes with a dash of sci-fi or paranormal tossed in to make things more interesting. She is the author of the popular military romantic suspense series, THE DREGS, which was nominated for the 2018 TopShelf Indie Book Awards. Her other titles include the UNLIKELY HEROES series, the UNDERNEATH series, the standalone romantic mystery, NO SON OF MINE, ...more