Start by marking “Firstborn Academy: Shadow Witch” as Want to Read:
Firstborn Academy: Shadow Witch

Firstborn Academy: Shadow Witch

(Firstborn Academy #2)

Nova has the magic of the enemy.

No one knows whether it's the power they've been waiting for--or a curse that will destroy the world.

And not everyone at the Firstborn Academy is willing to let Nova live long enough to find out...

Fans of Harry Potter, Shadowspell Academy, Harley Merlin, and The Hunger Games, welcome to a magical new world packed w/>Fans
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2019 by JFP Press

To ask other readers questions about Firstborn Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firstborn Academy

Start your review of Firstborn Academy: Shadow Witch
Jamie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is much like the last one. The idea of the world and story are good. The world building is less confusing. Not that the author is writing it better but because you know things from the 1st book.

I like the characters. I really want to be more invested in them. You get to know Nova and her human friends but the walker friends are another story. There are bits and pieces you get to see their relationships build but like in the 1st book they are built more off page and then you are told a
Debbie Turk
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jason
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn’t like the premise change

I liked it better when she wanted to destroy the walkers because despite what was explained in the first few chapter the walkers and the malus are evil incarnate.

We are going to kill almost all the humans because they are the food source for the malus.

The walkers advocate almost mass genocide and putting the remaining humans in a zoo. That’s not balance that’s just insanity.

She needed to destroy the walkers because they are evi
Orianna Blesi
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seemed short

I liked this as a follow up of the second, but as far as we came in the first book, this one seemed oddly short and the momentum dragged. I feel like it didn't set up for the third book as well as the last one. And I didn't particularly care for how Nova handled the situation with Ellbereth. It was still fantastically written and there weren't any slow points. Read it straight through. Fingers crossed the last book is epic!
Philleys Peters
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked reading this!

This second book of the trilogy sets the background for the final confrontation with the Malus. Nova is such an indomitable heroine who has managed to survive all the attempts on her life. And now she has tied her fate with a relentless enemy and awaits the coming of the Malus. Intriguing and absolutely absorbing storyline. Can't wait to see what happens in the final book! Nicely done!
Bouchra
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was OK.
I read this book because I was curious after the way the 1st book ended but I didn't manage to really get invested in the story.
This is the middle book so not a lot happens. But I really thought that we would begin to see the war.
And at the end I didn't really understand the choices that Nova makes. That really didn't makes sense to me.

Maybe I'll read the end of the story if the next book is released soon, if not I will probably forget about this story.
MKYHome
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And So It Begins

Inhabitants of whatever plot of land, territory must learn what should be taught from the beginning of life. Will world walkers and humans embrace this or fall before the all encompassing evil.
Naomi
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. It’s an enjoyable read and still manages keeps me guessing - As I’m reading I genuinely don’t know what’s coming next.

Loved the twist at the end and I’m looking forward to reading book 3.
Kimberly D.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bonds that tie.

Nova is a bright star of an engulfing black hole at the Firstborn Academy. No one really knows which. Regardless there are plenty willing to eliminate her just in case it's the later.
Holly
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretty boring and slow paced, I'd hoped for some romantic aspect but nothing.
crystal smith
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I can't wait to see how naive a goes on to defeat ballast hopefully everyone will quit trying to kill her and use her as an asset
Dr F. Toolis
Nov 11, 2019
Emma Hill
Oct 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Crystal Wing Academy (Outling #1)
  • The New Girl (Shifter Academy: United Book 1)
  • Unwanted (Their Shifter Academy #1)
  • Magic Unchained (Half-Blood Academy #4)
  • Unleashing Trials: Year 1 (Academy of Sorcery #1)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Hell's Bell (Lizzie Grace, #2)
  • Shadow Rise (Shadow Fall #2)
  • Demigods Academy - Year Two: (Young Adult Supernatural Urban Fantasy)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between #2)
  • Between Floors (The City Between #3)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Dropbears (The City Between #5.5)
  • All the Different Shades of Blue (The City Between #3.5)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • Ascend (Celestial Academy #1)
  • Demigods Academy: Year One

Firstborn Academy (2 books)
  • Firstborn Academy: Shadow Trials
“Fear is a disease that will kill more surely than any blade or claw. It overrides logic, wipes out hope, and cannot be outrun. Fear will follow you back to camp, it will tax you—mind, body, and soul—when you fight and when you attempt to rest. And fear can kill even those that survived the battle.” 0 likes
“Anything was better than mulling over what I’d learned. The sacrifice Theus and every snotty walker student in the school had made. The revelation that the walkers were asking no more of humankind than they’d demanded of themselves. Arguably less in fact.” 0 likes