Start by marking “Camp Red Moon” as Want to Read:
Camp Red Moon

Camp Red Moon

Creepy fun for ages 9-12!

Camp nights or camp frights?!

Every sleepaway camp promises memories that last a lifetime. But the memories from Camp Red Moon might give you nightmares!

• The campfire appears to dim when the moon turns blood red and strange creatures prowl the forest.

• Do you find a total lookalike at camp? Is it coincidence or is he a shapeshifter trying to take
Audible Audio, 4 hours and 32 minutes
Published October 3rd 2019 by Audible Original

To ask other readers questions about Camp Red Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Red Moon

Start your review of Camp Red Moon
Justin Tate
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couldn't resist this spooky Audible freebie by my main man R.L. Stine. This isn't so much an audio book as an audio play. Great sound effects and performances by a full cast. I love the old radio shows with adventures of Sherlock Holmes and of course the dynamite work by Orson Welles. Glad to see this form of storytelling still has a place in today's society.

To be clear, Camp Red Moon includes four 1-hour scary stories that take place at the ever-supernatural summer camp. Horrors include
Ginger
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, 2019
3.5 stars!

When I saw Audible was giving this away for free in October, I couldn’t resist. I loved R.L. Stine when I was a kid!

I thought Camp Red Moon was exactly what I expected it to be. This was a fun and entertaining audible collection of short stories. It’s catered to the middle school audience but as an adult, I still enjoyed it!

There’s four stories in the audible and I rated each one separately.

The Werewolf In The Woods - 3.5 stars
Danny, the camp counselor was an asshole in this. I enjoyed
Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Camp Red Moon by R.L. Stine has four camp stories on the spooky side such as ghosts and werewolves. Made for kids or teens.
Good narration too.

Christi M
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This full-ensemble audio book has some seriously creepy moments in it. Some of it is fun-creepy and then other times it is just creepy-creepy. But overall, I have one major question - what kind of non-real parents are sending their kids to Camp Red Moon? Out of all the youth camps in the world they are choosing to send their precious babies to a camp where robots take over and tragic deaths occur - not to mention werewolves, ghosts, and other monsters.

Thoughts:
From the outside Camp Red Moon
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5

What a fun book! I was always too scared as a young girl to read Goosebumps, but I sure loved listening to Camp Red Moon by R.L. Stine as an adult.

What it's about: Camp Red Moon tells four stories, all based at a summer camp aptly named Camp Red Moon. The first story is by R.L. Stine, and the other three are by people handpicked by Stine - Dan Poblocki, Ellen Oh, and Justin Reynolds. Get ready for some creepy fun that is appropriate for ages 9-12 and up!

Camp Red Moon has a full cast of
Deb✨
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tt-scary
Camp Red Moon was an October audible book original pick. Full cast narrators/performance. 4hrs 32min

This had four spooky stories written for kids age 9-12. I thought it might be as good as R.L. Stine's "Goosebump's" books were but unfortunately it missed the mark. The stories were pretty lame and it was hard to make myself finish the book, even on faster speed. I found the narration hard and annoying to listen to. I'd pass on this one, especially if you are older. Maybe even as a kid.
Alaina
Getting into the Halloween spirit!

Already watched Hocus Pocus and the first Addams famiy movie yesterday. Now I'm ready for some horror books! Bring it on!

So, I definitely started off with something short - Camp Red Moon! Pretty sure I've read some Goosebump books by him (just never marked them on GR lol). This book definitely made me miss them so maybe sometime soon I will dive into all of those books. In this, you will me a bunch of characters. Each one had to deal with a certain horror at
Dana Cristiana
2.5 stars overall for this book containing 4 stories.

Review to come.
Eileen
4.5 stars rounded up because I really enjoyed the audible recording.

I haven't read Stine in years, but this was all classic Stine with an excellent creepy factor dialed up and a not exactly happy ending. There are 4 stories in this collection and all involve Camp Red Moon. A common theme is a story around the campfire resulting in something real that happens to the campers. My favorites were the first one (werewolves) and the last one (ghost in the cabin). The New Camper was also pretty
Mariah
I guess I didn’t get the nostalgia feeling everyone else did because I didn’t actually read any R. L. Stine books as a kid?
Precious
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t care what anyone says, I enjoyed this performance! It wasn’t scary, but the suspense was there! An average teenager would get creeped out by this. It wasn’t as predictable as I expected which made me enjoy it more. Definitely recommend and will add this to my Halloween reads/listens every year.
Aly
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was creepy! I love R.L. Stine and he did a great job picking authors to write horror stories about Camp Red Moon. The four stories were short, but long enough to tell a scary story that gave me goosebumps! (pun intended) My favorite was The New Camper, because how awful would it be if someone started looking and acting like you and your family thought you were the imposter?
I hope there are more of these because they were well done and the full cast plus sound effects really gave it an
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mostly, although the stories were somewhat interesting, the characters were extremely annoying and refused to behave organically or in a realistic manner.
Jessica
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, middle-school
This was one of October’s free titles on audible. Seeing as it’s October and for nostalgia’s sake, I downloaded it. I see how elementary school
Jessica would have LOVED this. But as an adult...not so much.
Melanie
Oct 04, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. So this contains stories for very young campers. Think less scary than Scooby Do although it may have gotten worse.
I thought it might be a kid thing that was ok for adults. Nope. Not this adult. I was on the side of the ghost.
Shannon (enchantedfiction)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I got the email today about the Audible Originals for October, I had an inkling that they may be spooky for Halloween. Little did I know that Camp Red Moon was released yesterday and it would be on the list. I decided, "hey, it's pretty short, sounds like it will have some sort of spooky kids stories, and it will help me pass the time at work". Well let me tell you, this will give the ghost story lover in your life some good thrills! I never really used to like ghost stories as a kid, they ...more
Anya
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved that small collection a lot more than I expected! I listened to it just because it was free on audible and I love full cast productions, and also it was Halloween.. but while I usually don't like short stories those were quite good. And also tha full cast production was spot on. Fully enjoyed!
Shreya Chandwadkar
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chilling to the bone, especially the last story!
So much fun to listen to this one, especially in spooky season :D
Although this book is meant for a younger audience, it scares kids and adults alike.
Lelouch
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
The only audible original I enjoyed before was the alien book that was one of the first to come out. Nothing since has really interested me, so I snatched this one up when I saw it. I love the dramatization, from the cheesey groans to the overacted fear.

New Camper - my favourite. Richard gets a new bunkmate who seems shy. Then the new kid starts to dress like him, joins all the same activities, and even cuts his hair the same way. He becomes more extroverted and does everything Richard does,
Ivonne Rovira
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who can get it for free
Legendary Goosebumps author R.L. Stine assembled some scary short stories — with a fictional summer camp as the connecting thread, the eponymous Camp Red Moon — into an anthology. I’ll save you some time: Except for Dan Poblocki’s spine-tingling “The New Camper” (what a shocking ending!), the short stories are pretty mediocre. (In Ellen Oh’s “Battle of the Bots,” you could see the ending coming a mile away.) If you can get it for free, as we did, from Audible, please do so. Otherwise, give this ...more
Teresa Barrera
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the short stories in this audiobook. The cast and execution of the stories were done great. The last story was my favorite.
Definitely recommend the audiobook.
Benjamin Marcher
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming and nostalgic.

Astonished that Audible Studios produced something that isn't complete shit.
James Jr.
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of the stories in this book were fantastic. They were actually quite scary, and make for a good book overall. The narration was excellent for the most part, aside from a few awkward lines. It was very enjoyable to listen to. I like how each story takes place at Camp Red Moon. I highly recommend this one!
Tnkw01
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was quite a bit creepier then I remember R.L. Stine's being. But, that didn't mean it wasn't good. In fact, it's the perfect book for the Halloween season. The second story was especially creepy, like something off the Twilight Zone.
Alan Teder
YA Horror Anthology
Review of the Audible Audio audiobook edition (2019)

This was slightly deceptive in that R.L. Stine (of Goosebumps fame) gets the full cover credit and it only becomes clear during the title announcements in the audio that 3 of the 4 stories of this themed YA horror anthology were written by other authors. Still, this was entertaining and all of the stories had an element of surprise/twist endings. The audio production of music and foley was also well executed. R.L. Stine
Tessa Stilley
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Of the three Stories the last one is by far the best. The second story about Richard was so incredibly frustrating for me. I was so unsatisfied at the end of that one. The one with the robotics team was kinda predictable but it was fun. The first story had an interesting setup and really caught me off guard.
Dayna Smith
A charming addition to the Goosebumps series. All the stories are set at Camp Red Moon, definitely not a camp I ever want to attend. All kinds of spooky things happen at this Camp, from ghosts seeking revenge to life forms that take over other people's lives, to robots seeking world domination. Kids will love these scary stories.
Francine Reads
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A delightful collection of spooky stories that center around one place, Camp Red Moon. It felt very nostalgic for me, I was an avid Goosebumps fan as a kid. The audio performance was entertaining, and I really enjoyed listening to it!
D.K.
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 rating. Some stories were better than others.
Erin Clark
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great listen from audible for kids. I enjoyed the spookiness of the stories, just spooky enough for kids without scaring them to death;)
Great narrators and sound effects. Recommended for fun.

• Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
  • Midnight Son
  • Carmilla
  • The Conception of Terror: Tales Inspired by M. R. James - Volume 1
  • Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • You Can Thank Me Later: A Novella
  • The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #.5)
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft