Start by marking “Red Rain (Nameless #4)” as Want to Read:
Red Rain (Nameless #4)

Red Rain

(Nameless #4)

In a town where the corrupt are protected, a bereaved mother seeks retribution for an arsonist’s deadly crimes. Only Nameless can help ease the burden of her grief—and satisfy her rage—in part four of this thrilling series.

After a suspicious house fire, Regina Belmont lost her two children, was left disfigured, and was abandoned by her gutless husband. Brokenhearted and

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about Red Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Rain

Start your review of Red Rain (Nameless #4)
Dante
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
"No one gives a shit about your dead kids".
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This one read as filler to me. We have even more repetitiveness regarding Nameless and the woman and two kids he keeps seeing. I hope that the next two do a bit better than this.

"Red Rain" has Nameless in a city that sounds like Chicago. He visits a woman who was left disfigured after someone set a fire that also killed her two children. Nameless asks her does she want the men responsible to die and she decides that she does. He quickly starts setting up all of the men involved.

Nameless is
Nilton Teixeira
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This one was quite enjoyable but too short (less than 50 pages).
I’m really enjoying this series.
I want to jump to next one but I’m almost falling asleep.
wally
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
finished this one yesterday...i think it was can't remember if it was in the treestand or maybe sitting in the truck there at the end of the road the broken glass road as my wife calls it good read five stars amazing kindle owned...and some of the highlights to track the theme:

“Everybody’s bought, and everything’s politicized. There’s no way to get the truth.”

“Justice is a human concept, as flawed as any. There is no reliable justice in this world and, given human nature, never can be. Politics,
Romeo
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mark Noble
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Rain, the fourth story in the Dean Koontz’s Nameless series, continues the pattern set in the first three stories. It is another, short, one sitting read. Koontz keep you turning pages until the end. In this installment, Nameless is sent to bring truth and justice to Regina Belmont, who lost her two children and was herself horribly burned and disfigured in a fire that was set by Danny Doyle, a criminal who makes his living setting fires for unscrupulous business men looking to bilk ...more
Mary
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite in the Nameless short story series. It pulled me in with the woman who lost everything in a fire where she and her family were brushed off as collateral damage. Her two children dead and half of her body scarred and disfigured beyond repair. She now lives in a shaded room and travels in the night. She is courageous and is determined to find those that did this and wants justice and revenge. Threats come her way and she .retreats. ACE has sent Nameless to her door. Nameless is ...more
Lybo Buchanan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the forth Book in the Nameless series. These are novellas, revolving around a man who has no memory beyond 2 years ago, does not know his own name, and is clairvoyant. He dishes out justice to those considered above the law, or the law simply cannot reach. He is not a vigilante, since he works under the direction of a group he only knows as the Ace of Diamonds. They are precise in their knowledge of who they're dealing with & what needs to be done & how to do it. Nameless is ...more
Peggy Kincaid
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read some reviews and I agree somewhat. I think that you have to listen to the stories. Nameless is a tool basically and it is the stories that matter the most. Certainly we are interested in him and who he really is but I assume that overall Koontz wrote these as original stories about people done wrong and justice. One could call it acting outside the law but we all know the truth about justice or perhaps we just have that perception about people getting away with terrible crimes. We do know ...more
Chris DiLeo
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It's my own fault.

Although the previous three books in this series have been entertaining and quick reads, certain aspects were beginning to wear on me (too much narrative summary, repetitiveness, easily defeated villains) and in this installment those elements were especially grating.

I see the appeal of these stories—the bad guys are rich and mean and Nameless helps exact poetic justice on them with the help of a mysterious, well connected group—but this one got a bit too cutesy with its
Pamela Scott
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was another enjoyable trip with Nameless and his band of vigilante’s. This series goes from strength to strength, raising more questions that it does answers. This is one of my favourite episodes. I feel Nameless is starting to develop more as a character. There are hints that Nameless may be starting to get his memory back. I wonder where this will lead. Will he remember who he is? What will the figures in in the dark pulling his strings have to say
Johnny
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, ebook
Not good, not bad. I rate it the same as episode two, but it gets an extra star because of the recurring vision Nameless has, and him pondering its meaning. I had some critique on Nameless being helped by an entire team in the previous episode, only finding a paragraph in this story saying how today's world is too complicated for lone vigilantes to be succesful, and they need a technological savvy backup. Sometimes I wonder if Koontz really believes the world is filled with evil like he ...more
Glasgowgal
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is the 4th in a series of 6 short stories. I'm assuming that because some people may not read the stories in order or not read all of them, Koontz felt the need to state in every story the same thing; Nameless has amnesia, doesn't know his background, no fingerprints, blah, blah, blah. It got annoying after the second story. I'm guessing it will be repeated in stories 5 and 6 too (sigh) but having gone this far, I need to know if everything will be explained by the 6th story, so I will plow ...more
Randy Tramp
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nameless is a vigilante. He has no memories. He's commissioned to kill. Regina Belmont lost her two children, was left disfigured and abandoned by her husband. She wants retribution for an arsonist's crime. Only Nameless can help ease her grief.

Another good one in this series. Nameless is turning out to be a great character. In other reviews, I said that he's a cross between Reacher and Odd. I take that back. Nameless is Nameless. He's become his own person in my mind.
Lindsey
Beth
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
makes me think "red rum" ... i know i know ...so not the book or point here. but my brain immediately associates that movie (saying) it it here. i am a fan of Dean's writing ... not my first read by him by far. will continue to read books from his group now and always. such a fan. great cover. check this series out. listen or read KU option.
Tina
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Still top notch but the repeating of certain things is a little tedious, I understand the need for it though in case someone reads the books out of sync which can happen. But that aside I enjoyed Red Rain just as much as I did the previous stories. Still wish they were longer though lol.
Susan
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

What can be said about this series of stand alone books other than that they are riveting and fast paced, with a main character who has no memory beyond two years ago. Whether by choice or not, with no prior memories, some would say he metes out justice, but all he and those who provide for his needs seek is the truth. These books belong on your must read list.
Lennie Grace
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alright! Book 4! Very, very fun stuff! Nothing like facing off against a sophisticated ring of arsonists to make an awesome thriller of a story. Like all the other stories in the series, this book is fun, exciting, well written, and over all just a great read.

I very much recommend this series!
Lorie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great fiction, as usual

This is book four, the first three held my attention without distraction, the fourth is as good, yes, but for some reason, I felt as though there was something missing. Not sure I can pinpoint why. However, that is not a criticism, simply an observation. I look forward to book five with enthusiasm.
Nikki
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mildly Anti-Climactic

Still a great story and a good read. I’m all about truth and justice, vengeance if you like. But the justice served was a little tame for me in this one. I like knowing that the good guy is going to win but I really want the bad guy to suffer as much as possible!
Tere Fredericks
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very Short, Possibly Most Important

Before writing anything for a review of the book. For those of you who recognize the name and wonder...no coincidence.

This episode is more pulp than the others. It is also a lot shorter than the rest of the shorts.

Is Nameless' amnesia starting to fade?
Lorraine
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Rain, was ANOTHER AWESOME READ!!

Nameless is sent to a small town, where a fire had been set, that burned a bookstore with a woman inside and her children upstairs. The woman is badly burned and her children died. This book, has AN EPIC ENDING!!!!
LOL, Yepper, I'm off to read the next book!!!
Joann Herley
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Regina has lost her two children in a fire. Her disfigured face is a constant reminder. Try as she may, the corrupt city officials protect the ones she feels are responsible. Nameless is out to find the arsonist, as well as, the other people involved in shattering Regina's life. This story drew me in from the beginning. The gathering of the criminals at the end was cleverly done.
Ian
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
As the plot hasn’t progressed at all, I doubt whether we’ll ever find out who this guy is, or who Ace of Diamonds is, or who is funding all this.

Another procedural episode of this series. Standard formula now: mysterious intro by Nameless, Nameless digging into criminal past and crimes, POV of criminal going down.
Vickey Mcgee
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What Next?

Love this series and especially since since each book is short as I'm going blind. Nameless is quite the character. No memory, falls asleep within a minute. How I wish. Each story makes you wonder what's next and will Nameless ever remember. Starting the next as soon as it's loaded.
Matthew Alan
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good one

Another good Nameless story, though this one seemed much more straightforward and shorter than the other three. However, an overarching meta-story is beginning to appear more frequently, which I’m excited to keep reading about to see where it leads.
Jess
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
As always, Dean Kootnz doesn’t disappoint

In the fourth installment of Nameless, we follow him on an adventure to find an arsonist.

I do wish the ending was a bit more detailed but this isn't Kootnz's full size novel.
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Red Rain
Nameless, Book 4
By: Dean Koontz
Narrated by: Edoardo Ballerini
This book has arsonist getting away with murder with the government employees in their pockets.
Nameless comes to settle the score. Love these stories.
Always great narration.
Barbara J. Gore
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick read

Nameless once again crusades for justice. He seeks to avenge the death of two children and the disfigurement of their mother from a fire. These was quick read and not as satisfying as previous books in the series. I still like this author and will continue the series
« previous 1 3 next »
Dean Koontz, the author of many #1 New York Times bestsellers, has been acknowledged as "America's most popular suspense novelist" by Rolling Stone. He lives in Southern California with his wife, Gerda, and their golden retriever, Elsa.

• Once Night Falls
  • Play Dirty
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Zombie Room
  • The Elephant Tree
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Dirty Letters
  • Magic Hour
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
  • I Am Pilgrim
  • Watchmen
  • The Unannounced Christmas Visitor
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Black Rock Bay
  • Summer Frost
  • A Place Called Fear (Maggie Novak Thriller #2)
  • Ark
  • Alexander X (Battle For Forever Book 1)

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the
“Utopias, after all, are sought mostly by great fools, though also by dangerous charlatans, and more death and pain has been brought down on humanity by the pursuit of a perfect world than by all other crime combined.” 0 likes