Start by marking “Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac” as Want to Read:
Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac

Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac

From the online phenomenons the Astro Poets comes the first great astrology primer of the 21st century, full of insight, advice and humor for every sign in the zodiac.

In these pages the Astro Poets help you see what's written in the stars and use it to navigate your friendships, your career, and your very complicated love life. If you've ever wondered why your Gemini friend w/>

Published October 31st 2019 by Picador

To ask other readers questions about Astro Poets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astro Poets

Start your review of Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac
Abbey
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - this was an absolute delight. Ive been following Astro Poets on twitter for years now, and their book definitely lives up. I have fully drunk the kool aid on astrology and I have no shame. Though not always perfect, astrology is so fascinating and often right. I would apologize for nagging everyone around me for their birthdays and birth times over the past week, but I’m not really sorry. 😝 can’t wait to come back to this time and again!
Holly
This was an okay book. It had a different view on astrology.
Kristin Boldon
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, new, own
Like their Twitter, lovely and thoughtful, often spookily accurate. If only the chapters were a bit longer!
Received through FirstReads...
I haven't read an astrology book for quite some time, and found this to be a nice, updated take on the subject. It was not too heavy, contained a good deal of humor, and was altogether an enjoyable read. This only goes over the sun signs, so if you want a more in-depth take on your chart, look elsewhere. Well done, in that it didn't drag on at all, was never boring; each section was just the right length. The sign-specific texts were especially amusing.
Kim
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First of all this book is just about SUN signs. It starts out saying what a sun sign is,and the different modes and elements. And then a little about the moon and Saturn returns and mercury retrogrades and rising signs. If you have no knowledge of astrology I believe this would just confuse you rather then help. I felt like I was reading more of a fiction book rather then an astrology book. I did not feel like it was a guide at all. Every chapter starts out a different sun sign and tells about s ...more
Susie Dumond
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Astro Poets on Twitter, so I had high expectations for this book. And it exceeded them! This is such an engaging, approachable, and modern guide to astrology. Dimitrov and Lasky's voices are so strong and delightfully entertaining. Reading their overviews of the signs is like talking about the stars over coffee with your coolest hippie friend. The book starts with a general guide to astrology and their approach, then lays out a chapter on each sign, including compatibility, styl ...more
Amelia
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won-on-goodreads
Astro Poets is an entertaining look at the Zodiac. It's a huge gap in my knowledge, and this book starts with a thorough and engaging description of the zodiac signs, explaining things like ascendant sign, moon signs, and how signs relate to elements. After the introduction, chapters are dedicated to each sign. This is when it starts to really get fun! They describe the personality traits associated with each sign, and how they get along with other signs. They cover relationships in the workplac ...more
Crystal
Although I do not believe in astrology, I do enjoy educating myself about other viewpoints that exist. It was a fairly easy read but incredibly predictable. This was my introduction to astrology and I knew what their claim(s) would be about the successive signs. Also, this book was really disjointed because the two authors did not work together on all the signs. Instead, they each took half of the workload. That was frustrating as the information was inconsistent. Also, I just didn’t feel like w ...more
Kathleen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a super fun book. It was a really casual, modern and interesting look at the horoscope signs with lots of emphasis on the everyday behaviors of each sign instead of the more textbook characteristics you usually get. For instance, they provide examples of what texting would be like between two signs. And some of them were laugh out loud funny. In fact I resembled a couple of them :) Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy. This opinion is ...more
Mityl
Sep 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure why I entered a giveaway for this as I am not a believer in astrology. But I am going to review this book on writing style considering it a work of fiction. It could have been put together better. The writers have thrown in a lot of personal anecdotes so they should have titled it as something reflecting that it is their interactions(predominantly carnal) with the different signs. The poems seem written by someone just dipping their toes into the world of poetry. This is a book tha ...more
b.andherbooks
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zodiac, sagittarius
Astro Poets on Twitter is my go-to for all my astrological needs. I'm Sagittarius AF as Alex speaks to my archer on a fundamental level.

This will be a must-have for library zodiac collections. Each section is very thoughtfully laid out with familiar elements but the Astro Poet elan for language and description.

I received a free copy in exchange for a fair review.
Andrea Stephenson
I received this book as part of a goodreads giveaway. I loved taking a deep dive into my sign and learning more about myself. The beginning of the book is great for beginners explaining the basics and how your sign compares to others.
mo
I don't really know how to rate this lol. It's just something fun to read if you like reading about your sun signs. If you like their twitter content, you'll like this and if you're super serious about astrology, then you probably won't.
emma
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, nonfic
tbh I had low expectations for this book, and it was a nice surprise. As assumed, it is still just sun signs, but it’s in depth, well written, and spunky. It has again been confirmed that I’m a Taurus. Hello.
Mandy Pants
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astrology has always been somewhat interesting to me. I love to see perspectives of my personality, and that of people I know in their sign. This book was written in a fun and low key way. I won this book in a goodreads giveaway, but I am glad it did!
M.
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-reads
It was a good read,
Tyler
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best
If you don't enjoy fun, you won't enjoy this instant classic
Joshua Late
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basic but true contemporary musings about the astrological signs that are endearing, honest and completely on point with total disclosure.
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly, this rating is based off of the Libra chapter alone....I truly felt *SEEN*! Longer review to come. Fans of the AstroPoets Twitter account will enjoy this collection 🤗
Kelly Schindler
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grateful to have received an ARC of AstroPoets. It has a decent account of the earth signs, and quite a bit more other info pertaining to such.
toribuggg
Nov 11, 2019
Julia
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• In the Dream House
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • A Cosmology of Monsters
  • Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best Life
  • Make it Scream, Make it Burn
  • A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • Wandering Among the Stars
  • The Wonderful
  • Blessings of Hermes
  • CAFFEINE AND NICOTINE
  • How Not to Diet: The Groundbreaking Science of Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss
  • Fata care citea în metrou