Start by marking “Natural Disaster (Storm Chasers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Natural Disaster (Storm Chasers, #1)

Natural Disaster

(Storm Chasers #1)

When two tornado chasers form a reluctant team, the pressure between them builds….

Human-interest reporter—and son of a famous storm chaser—Guthrie Gale wants nothing to do with severe weather. But his station’s director insists he join the storm chasing team, or else, and worse yet, she pairs him with hotshot rookie chaser Luke Masters.

All Luke want
ebook, 2nd edition
Published October 11th 2019 by Erin McLellan

To ask other readers questions about Natural Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Disaster

Start your review of Natural Disaster (Storm Chasers, #1)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I don't know what is happening with me and Erin McLellan lately, but I swear I normally like her stuff! But, if I'm being brutally honest, this was hard for me to finish.

The kiss of death for me is when a book is boring, and I could barely get through it. And I thought I was getting GAY TWISTER. Expectations vs reality were waaaay off.

The story wasn't bad, but there was very little chemistry between the MCs. Maybe there wasn't enough buildup or something, but I just couldn't connect with them as a couple. Th
Rach
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Rating: 3. 5 stars.

Luke has recently joined the tv station and Guthrie has been with the station for a while. They are paired together to chase tornadoes and aren’t happy at all at first but their relationship starts to develop. They both have issues from their past but learn to move forward together. I didn’t love them but still enjoyed the book.

I did enjoy learning all about weather and all the equipment etc they use when doing that job. The book reminded me of watching Twister wh
L.J. Hayward
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so far up my alley it's not funny. A pair of sweet, troubled characters each seeking something different and finding it in the other one, check! 😍 A series of increasingly tense and dangerous situations for them to banter through, check!! 😍😍 Tech talk and weather science, hell yes check!!! 😍😍😍

Many thanks to the author for an ARC! 😘

ETA, check this out!! Animated cover!!
Amanda Duchow
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a nice change from the usual m/m books I read. I've never read a book about storm chasers. I've always loved severe weather, especially tornadoes, so I was really excited for this book. I enjoyed the excitement and danger in this book, but I really hoped for more. I wanted more storms, more danger, and maybe more canoodling when the weather got serious.

Guthrie and Luke are both afraid to trust. Luke wants to so settle down and have family, friends, a partner. He wants stability. Guthri
Daphne
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2019-books
I liked the premise of storm chasers, but something was missing here. There was potential for amazing depth and angst but the story and resolution just seemed to scratch the surface.
Kelly
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqa
Arc provided courtesy of LesCourt
All reviews are voluntary and my honest opinion.

Guthrie's got a lot of issues with his father. He doesn't want to be a storm chaser, but his station is low on funding, so he agrees to come back. His rookie partner, Luke, is a California pretty boy. It takes Guthrie a little while to warm up, despite their chemistry.

A sweet little love story set in tornado season Oklahoma. I liked the banter and the interviews. I did want a little more chase action.
Terri Jones
Most of this novel is freaking awesome, particularly for weather nerds like me. You'll probably enjoy it if the premise appeals to you, so don't let this review stop you! I'm glad I read it and I'd do it again knowing what I know now.

That said, the tornado representation was better than the mental health rep. Y'all who wish for more tornadoes here? No, that's not how weather works. This isn't a ridiculous Hollywood version of tornado threats. I really appreciated that in this novel. Yes, I am a
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

This is a really sweet book. I always love reading a book set in my home state, and being able to understand the references and locations for once added to my enjoyment. Also, I love the storm chaser angle. It's an interesting profession and it's fun to read about it. Guthrie and Luke are sweet guys who each need to let go of the past and accept they're allowed to be happy, which they each help the other to do. Guthrie gets over his daddy issues and L
Diane Dannenfeldt
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was a sweet quick read. I really wanted more, especially more time with them after they became a couple. I liked how they got to know each other and became friends. Guthrie wants nothing to do with storm chasing or storm chasers. All Luke wants is stability, a family, friends and a partner. Luke is the new guy at the station and needs a partner chasing tornados. Guthrie’s boss teams them up and instead of him coming clean and letting her know that he is afraid of chasing tornados ...more
Karen
Not bad. I liked the storm chaser aspect but the couple never really wowed me.

(view spoiler)
Rachel Reid
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this couple. And I liked learning about storm chasing.
Didi
3+ Stars

I read the blurb and early plug about the book, and sold on the words: Think twister, but gay . I like Twister so hey, why not!

A combo of forced proximity and enemies to lovers tropes, NATURAL DISASTER had me sticked to the pages from start to finish. Guthrie Gale and Luke Masters couldn’t be more different with the way they were brought up. It’s heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. Their reluctant attraction and slow-burn romance was genuine and con
Silkeeeeeereads
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm

This author did a bang up job on Oklahoma doing the storm season and the storm chasers. The connection between the two MCs could have used a little more work.
Kelsie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-not-love
Enjoyable, but ultimately forgettable. Could’ve benefited from some more fleshing out as everything seemed a bit rushed. The tornado chasing angle was cool and the MCs were sweet so I was hoping to like this one more.
Carol (bookish_notes)
This was sweet, but felt maybe a little shorter than the author's previous works? Or maybe that's because I wanted to read more about Guthrie and Luke.

Guthrie Gale is a a reporter for a local news station, KTTY, and mainly does fluff pieces, which he enjoys. When a storm chaser is out on maternity leave, he gets directed to work with the new, and attractive, storm chaser - Luke Masters. Luke has come from California and has been looking for a workplace that's inviting and diverse, and a place w
Candice
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really liked this, but I wanted more. I felt like Luke and Guthrie were too quick. I didn't believe in their relationship like I wanted to. Towards the end though, I was totally shipping them ;) I loved the videos. I loved Brad. I loved their banter. I didn't want this to end when it did. I wanted more.
Joscelyn Smith
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first weather related book and I really enjoyed it. I thought that Luke and Guthrie were great characters, although I feel things would have been better if Guthrie had spoken up sooner about his fears. All in all an entertaining read.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
As an Iowan with first-hand experience surviving a tornado in my youth, I was a little excited (and yet nervous) to read new-to-me author Erin McLellan’s Natural Disaster. Would it live up to my intimate awareness? At the same time might it fall too close in line with that of the all too famous Twister movie? Does it have similarities? On a subtle level, yes. But in reality, Natural Disaster delivers on its own merits.

For those not familiar with this weather phenomenon I do recommend you take time to read McLellan’s g
Megan
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-bi, arc, romantic, sexy
Snark, banter, flirting, and a whole lot of vulnerability make Luke and Guthrie incredibly engaging and lovable. They fit together in ways they each felt were unexpected but soon after learned to crave. With the drama of the storms and a persistently bad father, they have their road cut out for them with quite a few bumps before they get their HEA.

Guthrie was a little annoying in his insistence about not liking Luke and putting all kinds of judgments and preconceived notions onto a m
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

It's pretty rare that I get to read a book where severe weather, storms or other unexpected natural disasters happen. This book was insofar new to me that I could read about the experiences of what it means to be a storm chaser - something I just have heard in the past in passing and never was interested in learning more about.
I loved the background of this particular dangerous job (a glossary with
Belinda Zamora
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guthrie is reporter in Oklahoma doing feel good, personal interest pieces.
When they're down a reporter, he's wrangled into their spot as a storm chaser and also has to babysit the rookie, Luke.
The only problem with that is Guthrie is the son of a famous storm chaser who he has a contentious relationship with.
It all stems from his not being present in his life and the aftermath is an especially deadly tornado which left Guthrie with a panic and anxiety disorder and his father di
Josh Dale
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, struggles
Such an enjoyable and sweet love story

The title promises us danger and we certainly get that in this story.
We follow Guthrie and Luke who work for the KTTY the local tv station.
Guthrie usually works on human interest stories. But has been forced by his boss to switch to storm chasing. It is the last thing he wants to do after a bad experience with his storm chasing father when he was little. What makes it worse is his Driver/Camera man Luke is a new and young.

Annie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, m-m
I’m always excited by books that have a different setting or plot and loved the unique premise of Natural Disaster. I was really intrigued about the idea of storm chasers finding love together, as it was definitely a first for me. I also really liked the pairing of seemingly opposite personalities on a weather team. Overall, Natural Disaster was a good novella with interesting characters and a sweet romance.

I quite liked the matchup of Guthrie and Luke, especially as they started with a little
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Storm Chasers #1
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

One Sentence Summary: Reporter Guthrie Gale wants nothing to do with storm chasing but when his boss at KTTY assigns him to partner with Luke Masters for the upcoming storm season, Guthrie has no choice but to confront the fears of his past.

I was really excited to read Natural Disaster because I loved the idea of storm chasers and while I did enjoy that aspect of the story, overall it's just not a book that will stick with me forever. Both Guthrie an/>One/>
❤Sharonica-Logic❤

SteaMMy Swordplay: 2 out of 5⚔
Sharonica-Stars: 5 out of 5✨
GoodReads AVG: 4.15🌟

MMy Thoughts and Review:

This is the first Romance I have read about newscasters and more specifically storm chasers. I was a tad worried it would be too closely related to the movie Twister, but storms
This Arab
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erin is a new to me author but will continue to be an author I follow for a long time. Natural Disaster is a great book about two characters; Guthrie and Luke, who have been burned in life too many times to allow anyone in.

Guthrie is the human interest reporter at KTTY that gets paired with Luke, a rookie storm chaser. Guthrie doesn't trust that Luke isn't like all the other chasers and just seeking a thrill. Luke spends a lot of time proving him wrong.

I was immediately d
Sarah Jones
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4* Natural Disaster is the first book in a new series called Storm Chasers by Erin McLellan. This is the first book I've read by this author, but I'm eagerly awaiting the next in the series to see where the author takes either these characters and new ones. I love storm shows and movies, so reading a book about storm chasers was right up my alley!

Luke and Guthrie are thrown together as a new storm chasing team for their local news channel. Guthrie comes from a famous storm chaser and has absolu
Heather♥
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it

While reading this book I could clearly recall in my mind the blaring sirens of the tornado warnings that would go off when I was a child growing up in the Midwest. I remember the times we took shelter in our storm cellar/basement, hoping everything would still be standing afterward. The times we visited my Granny in her mobile home park and how there really was no safe place to take cover there when a tornado was expected to hit. Mother Nature can be freaking scary alright.
Joyfully Jay
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

I have a read other books by Erin McLellan and was looking forward to this one. The backdrop of storm chasing was another selling point for me to choose this story. However, this book didn’t quite impress me as much and it wasn’t as exciting as I had hoped, both with the storm chasing, as well as the personal relationship.

Guthrie is a bit prickly. His father is a well-known storm chaser, but Guthrie really wants nothing to do with it. When he is orde
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dine with Me
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • The Dragon CEO's Assistant (Golden Kingdom, #2)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Second Song (Sugarhouse Blues, #1)
  • Flash Rip
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • I've Got This (Joy Universe, #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Tallowwood
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
Erin McLellan is the author of several contemporary romances, all of which have characters who are complex, goodhearted, and a little quirky. She likes her stories to have a sexy spark and a happily ever after. Originally from Oklahoma, she currently lives in Alaska and spends her time dreaming up love stories set in the Great Plains. She is a lover of chocolate, college sports, antiquing, Dr Pepp ...more
“Guthrie's particular brand of arrogance and prickliness made Luke want to take him apart piece by piece, to live in those moments of tension between them that were sweet and scary all at once. That tension was not unlike the eerie peace before a tornado formed - full of possibility, full of risk.” 0 likes
“There had been no storm warning for the calamity ripping through Luke's heart.” 0 likes