Start by marking “Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)” as Want to Read:
Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)

Just Friends

(Blue Beech #6)

Someone should have warned me about falling in love with my best friend.

Carolina
Little did I know when Rex came to my locker attempting to bribe me, that he’d turn into my everything.
We’d become best friends. I’d steal his heart. He’d steal mine.
Nothing has changed in the years of our friendship.
Not our connection, not our feelings, or that we still hold each other’s
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Just Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Friends

Start your review of Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m a dude who doesn’t want to get in her panties. She’s a chick who doesn’t want to bang me. There are no expectations between us.

If you like best friends to lovers, fake relationship turned real, and secret twists, then you will enjoy Just Friends. I’m personally a sucker for the best friends to lovers trope so I knew I’d love Rex & Carolina. They spend a lot of time avoiding how they feel, because they are scared to “ruin the friendship” but you can just tell they would be PERFECTION
lazybookconqueror
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good friends to lovers, and this one did not disappoint. Carolina and Rex have been best buddies since high-school. They did everything together and always had a mutual admiration and respect for one another.

Despite their intense connection, they always kept their relationship platonic. They were always each other's rock and were always scared to cross that line from friendship to something more.
I loved the connection they both had, and their banter was delightful. Carolina (or Lina)
Halle Reads
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 Stars

16c4b44e

Since sparking an unlikely friendship in high school Rex and Carolina soon become each others everything. Over the years being best friends came naturally to these two and even though their feelings seemed to grow for each other and everyone around them could see how well they fit they still maintained that friendship as neither one wanted to risk losing the other by giving into their feelings and strong attraction. Eventually their chemistry and pull towards each other can no longer
nikki
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone who follows me on IG that I ADORE this series. Charity was an author I accidentally discovered one day while trawling Amazon, and from that very first book I was absolutely hooked. I have been so looking forward to Rex and Carolina’s story, and was delighted (and not at all shocked) that it turned out to be everything I hoped for, and more. If you’ve not yet started the BLUE BEECH series, I can’t recommend them highly enough. If you do get round to reading ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

‘Rex Lane will take over my life. He’ll steal my heart. I’ll steal his. Only we won’t know what to do with what we’ve taken.’

Just Friends is the sixth book in the Blue Beech Series and our first introduction to the people of Blue Beech, Iowa where we meet Carolina Adams , the preachers daughter, and Rex Lane, the mayors son, whose family is the most affluent in their small town. A slow burn friends to lovers.

Each from different backgrounds and as different as chalk and cheese – he’s the popular,
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Just Friends by Charity Ferrell is book 6 in the Blue Beech Series. This is the story of Rex Lane and Carolina Adams 'Lina'. I have enjoyed the previous books, this added to my enjoyment of this one. But, I did feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Carolina and Rex meet in school where she was the good girl, a preachers daughter. Rex was the bad boy jock but she wasn't his attitude. They ended up become friends which has last through time. But each had a underlining
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

description

Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Rex and Carolina have been best friends ever since he charmed her, (very reluctantly on her part) into it. Now years later, they're still friends and they're both nursing what they think are unrequited feelings for each other. Alas, they're not meant to be at the time. Life and others happen. But when Carolina needs him most, Rex is always there for her. Will their feelings flare this time?

I love me a good friends to lovers romance, and this one isn't just good, it's great. They're such a
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
I am so happy, you can not understand how happy I am that this is the last book I have to read of this series of this author, Thank you!!!! So again I do not find books to be romantic if the main characters are having sex with other people, that is not my cup of tea. So Rex and Carolina who are so different from each other end up having a good friendship from the very beginning, but they both have feelings towards each other but dont want to rock the boat. Carolina begs Rex to take her virginity ...more
Kennedy Fox
I seriously just love this whole series, but every book keeps getting better & better and this one is no different. Rex Lane is the perfect combo of sweet and sexy, and I just want him all to myself.

This is a friends to lovers romance blended with some drama and angst, creating the perfect mix of everything I love in a romance novel. Waiting for the inevitable of will they or won't they and the impending explosion of their relationship. It was pure bliss.

5/5, highly recommend for romance
Rochelle
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved Rex and Carolina so much. I read this book in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. Friends to lovers is one of my favorite type of stories. Loved this whole story. Loved watching them fall in love and always be there for each other even when there was that bit of a wrench thrown in to their relationship. Rex was always there for Carolina. They were the perfect couple. This is the second book that I have read from her and this series but I will be going back and reading more of the ...more
Jody
When it comes to friends to lovers romances, I can’t get enough! I’m drawn to the heartfelt connection that builds through the years and ultimately makes for an entertaining ride. Rex and Carolina are a delightful pair with interactions that made me smile while shedding a tear or two when a secret she’s been keeping can no longer be ignored. From the first page to the last Ms. Ferrell has crafted a charming and heartwarming tale with a romance that kept me glued to the pages while cheering these ...more
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Rating: 4.5/5

Not having read any other works by the author before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading Just Friends. Needless to say I was impressed with story and I cannot wait to read read the rest of the Blue Beech series.

As the preacher’s daughter, Carolina Adams grew up being the golden child in her family. She was obedient and always followed the rules. So it was no surprise that her goal in high school was to become class
Mishie
4.5 Oatmeal Cookie Stars

Just Friends is the last book for the Blue Beech series, and the story revolves around the forever friends—Rex and Carolina.

I love their story!! It would seem cliché but it’s the truth: From the first few lines, I was hooked. I love how Charity writes so funny without trying so hard! I don’t know how to explain it, but that’s just how she writes, like you’re in for a treat every time. Homeboy Rex Lane and Preacher’s Daughter Carolina are very lovable characters.

Thuy Taylor
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charity brings us back to Blue Beech and I was soo ready for it!!!! Rex and Carolina’s best friends, opposites attract to lovers romance is just sooo dang good!!!! You could feel the importance of their friendship, their arguments, their frustrations with each other. In high school, they get together, Carolina is helping Rex with his homework, but it sparked their friendship, their need to be in each other’s lives. There is a lot of push and pull between the two of them in their friendship.

Ga Books LoverX
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Blue Beech series is one of my favorites! Somehow Charity Ferrell has the perfect blend of comedy and heart and I love her stories! I adored this friends to lovers romance between the good girl Carolina and the bad boy Rex and all of the surprises that popped up in the book. Our previous favorite characters also show up which makes it even better!

All in all, this is a great romantic comedy about two best friends that love each other but timing and circumstances don't work out too well for
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2020
This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Charity Ferrell and Give Me Books Promotions!

Just Friends
is the sixth book in the Blue Beech series and tells the story of Carolina and Rex. Although this is the sixth book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.

Just Friends was yet another amazing book in the Blue Beech series. I love that Charity Ferrell uses some elements in her books that make them seem more real. And I’m
Kari Hansen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although Carolina and Rex couldn’t be more different the forged an enduring friendship that is the most important thing in both of their lives. She is the who always does what is expected of her while he is the son who does everything to live up to his reputation and more.

They have been each other’s confidant and cheerleader through all the ups and downs that life can bring even if they denied that their feelings were much deeper. One night changes everything and they must decide if the risk of
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, 4 stars

We meet our main characters in high school and the story takes us through to adulthood. And what a journey it was! Rex is the popular lady's man and Carolina is the quiet preacher's daughter. They both are fantastic by themselves but together they're fireworks. Rex shows his gentlemanly side and by the end, Carolina really shows her strength. Their friendship is what makes a real love relationship last. There are secrets that are written so perfectly when unveiled that make the
Karin
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best friends to lovers books I’ve read in a very long time. Rex and Carolinas friendship was absolutely perfect, there back and forth banter epic and there blind devotion to each other enviable. They have always loved each other secretly, never willing to compromise there friendship, because it was the most important thing to them until that all mighty day that Carolina asks Rex to take her virginity, you know to help a girl out lol. I loved how gutsy Carolina was, she was ...more
D.L. Gallie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just perfect! Absolutely perfect!
I bloody loved this friends-to-lovers story with an added twist that I did not see coming. I was gobsmacked but it added so much depth to the story
I now cannot wait to read the rest of the books in this series
Emily Bowie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect, swoon worthy, friends to lovers book! I loved everything about this book! I wish I lived in Blue Beach!
SCBookAddict
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just Friends takes us back to Blue Beech.
This time it's Rex and Carolina's story.

This friends to lovers romance is somewhat of a slow burn but Charity Ferrell keeps us entertained with their push and pull chemistry and a secret...

The attraction between these two was never the problem. It's risking their friendship that keeps them from crossing that line.

Carolina finds herself in trouble but doesn't completely divulge what happened. She's keeping that information locked up tight. Until her
Joanna
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
“He’s not a fan of relationships.
I’m not a fan of getting my heart broken.
Friends it is with us.”

This was wonderful! I fell in love with the Blue Beech series after meeting Sierra and Maliki in Just Roomates. Charity Ferrell gave us such a sweet slow burn with them, that I instantly became a fan.

Just Friends did not disappoint. It’s a bit different from your regular friends-to-lovers where usually one of the friends is already in love and it takes a while for the other to catch on and up.
heareads
Just Friends is the 6th book in the ‘Blue Beech’ series and each book can be read as a standalone. There are cross over characters, but nothing too confusing that the author doesn’t explain. I highly recommend this series with Its swoon-worthy hero’s you will fall in love with and flawless writing that captures you from the first page.

We start with Carolina meeting Rex in school. Carolina is a preachers daughter, so innocent and the towns Mother Theresa, everyone loves her. Rex is the school
Ruth’s Romances
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
”Little do I know, walking into Rex’s bedroom will change everything. Rex Lane will take over my life. He’ll steal my heart. I’ll steal his. Only we won’t know what to do with what we’ve taken.”
It all started with a bribe to write a paper in high school. They become bestfriends. Stole each other’s hearts. Their friendship always came first. She believed in him. They crossed the line once, swearing to never let it happen again. As time passes, it’s harder to hold back. But she’s keeping a secret
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Why can't men like Rex exist in real life (ugh)!

I fell in insta-love with Rex and Carolina. These two had me in stitches with their banter. Talk about the best of friends and I envied their friendship. Once Carolina asked Rex to take her virginity all bets were off. For as much as they went on about their lives, still best of friends they never talked about the elephant in the room and that was fine because they continued on like it never happened.

It killed me that these two were so in love
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Just Friends is a stand-alone novel in the Blue Beech series by Charity Ferrell. This is the first book I read from the author and honestly, I am not sure if I want to read another book from her.

The story is more focused on the main characters dating other people than Carolina and Rex's feelings for each other. There is too much drama that has to do with mainly the people Carolina was seeing and it was a huge turn-off. The mystery behind her big break up with the man she was dating before she
Stefanie Jenkins
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here’s one thing you must know before traveling to Blue Beech.... all the men are smoking hot! The women are also so awesome that I’m ready to pack my bags. After each book in the series Charity convinces me more and more to move. But of course all the good men are taken.

There’s no way you won’t fal in love with Rex and Carolina. This friends to lovers will have you swooning from the first question Rex ever asked her- will you write my paper.

I squealed at every mention of the previous
Sharon
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable story about best friends who are afraid to cross the line for fear of losing the amazing friendship they have.
Carolina & Rex have been friends since high school. They are inseparable, and would do just about anything for the other! It seems everyone around them see's that they are perfect for each other but them.
Follow along with their story, as things get in their way, can they get past their fears, and other things to realize they are meant to be together? Read along and find
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew #1)
  • Breathless
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Truth or Dare (Kingston Brothers #2)
  • PAINE (Rosewood High #2)
  • Always Yours (Liam & Madelyn, #2; Roommate Duet, #6)
  • Keeper
  • You're The One
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • The Perfect Pitch
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Close to Me
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • It Was Always You (Calamity Falls #5)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • The Ruthless Knight
Charity resides in Indianapolis, Indiana. She grew up riding her bicycle to the town's public library, and reading anything she could get her hands on. When she's not writing, you can find her reading, spending time with her family, or caving into her online shopping addiction.

You can interact and find more information at:
www.facebook.com/authorcharityferrell
www.twitter/charity_ferrell
instagram:

Blue Beech (6 books)
  • Just a Fling (Blue Beech, #1)
  • Just One Night (Blue Beech, #2)
  • Just Exes (Blue Beech, #3)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
“I’ll charge you fifty bucks not to rat you out for homework bribery.” 0 likes