Start by marking “Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)” as Want to Read:
Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)

Tracking Tahlula

(Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)

As author Tahlula Rae has discovered; success is a double-edged sword. Leading a quiet and anonymous life, she isn’t prepared for the hateful backlash when her latest book hit the lists, propelling her into the limelight. No longer feeling safe in Denver, she takes her laptop and dog, Luke, and moves to the mountains around Durango, where her peaceful solitude is disrupted ...more
Published November 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tracking Tahlula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tracking Tahlula

Start your review of Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Can you guys dial down the testosterone, please? I’m having an allergic reaction.

Sometimes I really detest the voice of reason.

As nice a package as you come in, it’s your indiscriminate kindness, your passion, your warm heart, and your beautiful soul that made me fall in love with you.

Stop making sense, you’re starting to annoy me.

My Review:

This was an active and entertaining yet easy to follow and engaging romantic suspense story with an interesting premise, likable and sweary
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I was so excited to get Evan's story. Poor guy got the shaft in Burning for Autumn. He not only didn't get the girl but, was also falsely accused of setting deadly fires. You could tell from his first introduction he was just a nice guy, and sadly nice guys don't always finish first.

As much as I loved Autumn in in that book, she wasn't right for Evan, but Tahlula was. Tahlula has had a pretty rough life. Even though she didn't know it, she needed a guy like Evan. One who would take care of her
"Avonna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

TRACKING TAHLULA (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha Series, On Call #3) by Freya Barker is a GREAT romantic suspense addition to this series! Ms. Barker always gives me realistic characters that I would love to be friends with out of her books. This book can be read as a standalone, but there are several crossover characters from pervious books in this series and Susan Stoker’s Operation Alpha world.

Tahlula Rae is a successful
Carvanz
Holy heck, I love Evan!!! I swear this author knows exactly what I want in a hero and gives it to me…every…single…time.

When Tahlula’s career takes off in a way she never expected, or wanted, she moves to a remote mountain home in Durango. Not long afterwards, she receives a visit from Evan, one of the local fireman and a man she feels an instant attraction to. But when her past comes calling, her new life is turned upside down.

description

Tahlula is fiercely independent. She has some pretty quick come
Freya Barker
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So excited for you to read Tracking Tahlula!!

Island Girl Romance Reads
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like I usually say after reading a new Freya Barker book; this one is my new favorite. This book is what I wanted to read in a while. Different and something I wanted to read about.
It’s so good. I couldn’t put it down.
The chemistry between Tahlula Rae and Evan Biel is hot since the first chapter.
Love how strong and independent Tahlula is and every woman needs a Evan in their lives.
The plot is amazing. Loved it. And so awesomely written. Had me hooked since the first chapter. Freya Barker writes
Maria Angie Mendoza
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this story!
The characters, the storyline the heat factor!
Yes please and thank you.
This author has a brilliant way of taking ordinary folks and making them into extraordinary characters.
Evan and Tahlula’s story was so juicy and entertaining. The plot so genuine and relatable!
Another must read from an author that has become an automatic 1-click worthy!
By the way, even though it’s part of a series it can certainly be read and enjoyed as a standalone.
4.5 stars!
Sandra
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ku, posted-reviews
Another great read by one of my go-to authors! Evan and Tahlula’s story had all the makings of what I love in her books; great characters, intense chemistry, a great suspense filled storyline and amazing secondary characters. In Tracking Tahlula we get Evan Biel’s story, we first hear about him in Burning for Autumn and things did not go so well for him so I was ecstatic to see him get his happily ever after. Tahlula Rae is a strong, independent and now a best selling author, but with this great ...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Evan's story since he was first introduced in Burning for Autumn. He not only didn't get the girl he thought he wanted, but he was under suspicion of arson, which is a tough row when you're a firefighter. In Tracking Tahlula Evan comes into his own and not only finds the woman of his dreams, he may just get the family too.
I love Tahlula. She's fiercely independent, smart and sassy, and more than capable of making important decisions like becoming a single mother. A
Kim
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After being in a bit of a reading funk for the past few weeks, Tracking Tahlula was exactly what I needed!

Evan Biel is a bearded ginger hottie firefighter who is a genuinely good guy but who also has enough of a take charge attitude to ensure that he won't be one of those nice guys who finish last. He still feels the sting of being suspected in a string of fires by people he respected, but he is starting to move beyond it.

Tahlula is a fiercely private and independent woman who has been taking
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When it becomes apparent Evan's newest interest, Tahlula, has someone after her, his protective instincts are screaming at him. Can he protect this woman whom he's fallen so hard for?

Tracking Tahlula is a fast-paced, entertaining read. I loved both Tahlula and Evan - they're so great together. And I love that they're in their 40s. If you like your romantic suspense with fabulous characters and sizzling chemistry, I highly suggest you download a copy of Tracking Tahlula today!

ARC via Buoni
Pamela
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evan has been accused of things no Firefighter should be, he is still trying to find his way when he meets Tahlula.
Tahlula just moved to the mountains for quiet and peace for her newest book, when her friend goes missing.
Together Evan and Lula find their way through a suspenseful, intriguing story!
This book is everything, I always wonder if Freya can do it again, SHE DOES IT EVERYTIME!!
Jeni
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great, low angst read

I absolutely LOVE books that keep the angst out of the main characters relationship and keeps it in the plot around them. Tallulah was a bit too independent for my general taste in a female main character (trumping Luna who is still my favorite Barker character of all time) but her know what she wants attitude and total confidence were perfect. She was a delight to read, and having Even as a foil was awesome. Once again, a man whose thoughtful, protective and not
Erin Lewis
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Tracking Tahlula (Police & Fire: Operation Alpha) by Freya Barker

Freya Barker is a relatively new author to me. This is author Tahlula Rae and fireman Evan Biel’s story and it was one that captivated me from the first to the last chapter.

Seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of Denver, and her loss of privacy since becoming a successful author, Tahlula has moved to Durango. The writing was descriptive and I found myself easily imagining Durango, a place that I would love to
Deb Bishop
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Tracking Tahlula which is the 3rd book in this series.
There is something about the series that completely encapsulates Freya's writing skills.
It had me ensnared from the beginning.
I absolutely loved Tahlula's independent, strong, sassy personality and Evan I had liked from the previous book but once I started reading his and Tahlula's story I loved him too.....I mean what's not to like, a hot, red haired firefighter with a heart of gold. (By the way I totally want to head to
Gina Martin
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's not much I love more than a thrilling realistic love story...and Freya never disappoints.
I really enjoyed the guest appearance by Penelope and Moose. That was super cool and a really nice wink to their fans.
Now I can't wait to get to know everyone else through the On Call Series... all the men and women that face danger on the daily, with a dose of true love....yes, please.
Although, now that I've met Trunk...I'm hoping for an MC series in the future.
mellidiezahnfee
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third one in the Police and Fire Operation Alpha Series. And its fine. I have problems writing a review, because Freya’s style of writing clicks perfect with my brain, and the cinema in my head. I can’t just read her books. Five Pages and — Whoop — I directly stand on main street in Durango. I feel so familiar especially because they all live here. Keith and Ollie ( P&F 1+2 ) , and also characters from the Rock Point Series . It’s amazing for me to just click so into a style of ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Tracking Tahlula by Freya Barker is beautifully written romantic suspense novel that is just to die for. With a strong confident woman determined to remain independent and a gorgeous firefighter that wants nothing more than to protect her from the evil that is trying to get to her. Barker does a great job with descriptions of the breath-taking scenery in Durango Co and the story that she has brought to life on the pages of this book which is part of the On Call series. A standalone read with ...more
Michele McMullen
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Freya has once again given me exactly what I love about her stories. She incorporates that right amount of romance, mystery, suspense and steam. Her characters have depth, personality and real life problems. This is Tuhlula and Evans story.
Tahlula is a best selling author that has decided that the city life full of hustle and chaos is not for her anymore . She has recently discovered that her agent is missing and she now feels that she needs to get out of the spot light. She has taken up
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Story line is great and I loved the characters. I really enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend it! Unexpected twists and turns had me reading this book in one sitting. Great storyline and character development made this book a hot and enjoyable read!

Jacquie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By now, you must know that I absolutely ADORE everything that Freya Barker writes! Tracking Tahlula is no exception. If anything, this book is amongst my FAVES from her, full of all the suspense and drama that I've come to expect from her....and soooooo much more!!!

We first met Evan in Burning For Autumn, the first book in the Police and Fire: Operation Alpha crossover series with Susan Stoker's Badge of Honor series. Evan was unfairly and unjustly suspected of being an arsonist who also didn't
Kim  Brewing
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author gives us stories with characters we can relate to and life experiences that many have had...and this story is no different.

I loved the strong, but not domineering character that was Tahlula. I don't usually pay any attention to physical descriptions but Ms Barker had me picturing Tahlula in my head, a unique and beautiful woman. Evan is pretty much her opposite and an absolutely wonderful character. He has a wonderful relationship with his mom and is a true friend to those in his
Sandy Nikolas
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tracking to happiness

Another great story! Tahlula and Evan have a couple of misunderstandings, but quickly work their way through them. Lots of action and suspense. Lots of pulling at the heartstrings. Sweet,sweet ending and epilogues.
Kari Hansen
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tahlula thought that when she her book became a bestseller it would be the best time of her life but instead it became the darkest when she attracted the attention of the wrong person. Needing to put some distance between herself and the person after her she leaves town to be closer to family.

Evan meets Tahlula by chance and from the moment that the firefighter met her he was drawn to her and she raised all his protective instincts. When her past becomes her present will Evan and his team be
Robin
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tracking Tahlula is Freya Barker at her finest!

We first met Evan Biel in Burning For Autumn, the first book in the On Call series. I was so happy the big hearted firefighter and sexy ginger was going to be getting a book.

Tahlula Rae is an author who has relocated to Durango to be near her brother and hide away from being in the public eye. She is sharp, witty and fiercely independent.

This book has everything that we love from Freya Barker, strong, independent female characters, hot protective
Taryn Bradley
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freya Barker's #3 crossover installment into Susan Stoker's Operation Alpha features the long awaited story for fireman Evan Biel. Evan has been lingering in the background of previous installments and isn't a stranger to us loyal fans of Barker's series, in addition she manages to loop in several key elements from her other Durango based stories including the FBI, the local police and Arrow's Edge MC. It makes for a full cast and a broad range of characters but it all falls into place with ...more
Chrissy Parker
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another page turner meet Hot Fireman Evan Biel and Strong independent also pregnant Author Tahlula Rae. When she moves to Durango to hide from the public eye and the Sexy ginger fireman meets her while doing wild fire patrols, he can stop thinking about her, and when he finds out that someone is trying to kill her, he’ll stop at nothing to keep her safe. This story involves stalking, murder and so much more. It ‘s the kind of book when you start reading it you can’t put it down till the last ...more
Leigh Parrish
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this On Call series! I’ve been wanting to know more about the firefighter Evan since first meeting him in Burning For Autumn. When meeting Tahlula I thought she was a perfect match for him. Strong, independent, witty, loving...all the things that make for a great female lead for me. Their story kept me entertained from start to finish. We were introduced to some new characters in this book and I can’t wait to get their stories, especially Jaimie and Trunk! I have a ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Oh my!!! Hello Evan!!! I never tire of reading about ALPHA men and their equally strong counterparts.

I loved Tahlula’s strength and determination. She knew what she wanted and she set out to achieve her dreams. She packed up everything and made a move that would forever change her life and brought her into the path of Evan....

Evan....imagine I’m writing this with stars in my eyes.....he was a dream! He saw Tahlula and my immediate thought was him staking a claim....She is mine and mine alone !!
Dana
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #3)
  • Elise (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 2)
  • Justice for Daesha (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Bluegrass Bravery Book 4)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Unlocking Hope (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Flipping Love Story Book 2)
  • Securing Ara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 6)
  • Saving Christmas (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Green Beret Book 4)
  • Bryson's Treasure (Brotherhood Protectors World / Montana Gold Book 3)
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Charlotte (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 1)
  • The Last Days of Christmas (Brotherhood Protectors World)
  • Guarding Cindy (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Ainsley (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search and Rescue Book 1)
  • Protecting Clover (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search & Rescue Book 2)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Rescuing Samantha (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Lucianna (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; with characters who are perhaps less than perfect, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills, and some hot, sizzling sex in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award for "Covering Ollie", the 2015 RomCon Reader’s Choice Award

Police and Fire: Operation Alpha (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Sheltering Emma (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Finding Shelter Book 1)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Dallas Fire & Rescue Kindle World; Guardian Elite, #1)
  • Kace (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Justice for Sloane (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #1)
  • Stage Fright (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Burning for Autumn (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #1)
  • Covering Ollie (On Call #2)
  • Defending Lucy (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Finding Shelter Book 3)
  • Justice for Breeze (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 5)
  • Justice for Miranda (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #2)