Start by marking “False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior” as Want to Read:
False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior

False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior

In Barkman’s debut print collection, False Knees fans will find old favorites along with an abundance of all-new material. Featuring creatures found in the author’s native Ontario, this always sharp, sometimes head-scratchingly bizarre collection of comics offers a view into the secret, surprisingly insightful world of blue jays, squirrels, geese, wolves, and rabbits.

Published October 15th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about False Knees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Knees

Start your review of False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior
karen
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

review to come
Valéria.
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I laughed a lot though I read most of the part of this book previously as webcomic. Highly enjoyable nonsense with funny, but still truthful and educational illustrations of behavior of birds.
Odette
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dit boek maakt me zo gelukkig. Prachtige tekeningen, flauwe grappen, een perfecte weergave van wat voor ons soms onlogische gedachtespongen van vogels zijn en de realisatie dat iedereen iets groots kan doen.
Lokomotywa
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
one of my favourite things in the universe
Jess
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
I love the False Knees webcomic and was so happy to receive this beautiful book. There were a fair number of comics I had never seen before and others that were familiar and beloved. For some reason in my head I pictured this physical copy as larger and unwieldy but that was not the case--its size feels absolutely perfect, I can read it in bed comfortably. The quality of the paper and images is delightful. I often look at these comics before bed to wind down and now I can do so without staring a ...more
Nawfal
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A collection of webcomics. When Barkman gets one of these right, they are 5 star and top-notch. Cute, meaningful, poignant, absurd. Many in this collection are ones I could look at repeatedly and enjoy. Several are meh and, though the artwork is great, just don't have the punch to them. Only a few are misses.

Btw, appropriate for adults - meaning the topics and language is either inappropriate for kids and/or the topics will be over their head.

I really like Barkman's art.
Oliver Hodson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yep, this is awesome. The humour works on the level of empathising with the animals or on taking a view on how prideful we can be thinking how important we are. The cartoons are really well composed and Barkman is skilled at making visual as well as word gags. His drawings, especially the posing of the animals is so lifelike, and as he includes some jokes built around his technique of character composition, you get a little window into the skill of his art.
Tara Caribou
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from Mr Barkman. Each comic invites you to pause and reflect on life in general while looking at some amazing art. I had previously purchased a print of his and fell in love with his style so much that buying the paperback (which, by the way is of excellent quality) went without question. I’m ready for more!! Highly recommended to both art lovers and quick philosophicals.
Elena Gaillard
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're not familiar with False Knees, go seek out the comic on social media. Then go buy this collection, which enables you to contemplate at greater length the wonderfully expressive art and the often-funny, often-poignant text.
Stephanie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of the 'False Knees' webcomic and this is a book full of those delightful panels, with both new and old content.

Beautiful art with a mix of thoughtful, funny and silly short comics, all featuring realistically-drawn wild animals. A good chuckle.

Delightful.
Annette Boehm
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funnies
for the record, I read the paperback, not the kindle version of this.

Barkman's sense of humor is charming and surprising, and the artwork is beautiful.
Lia
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite webcomics. Amazing collection.
Jayse Weaver
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 outta 5, I giggled a lot!
Josue Rodriguez
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Absolutely amazing.
Simone Marinelli
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite illustrators/webcomic artist that is incredibly talented and hilarious! I discovered him on Instagram years ago and I'm so glad he finally put his work into a book.
Gabrielle O'Connor
Emily
Oct 20, 2019
Sarah Tracy
Oct 24, 2019

• The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2)
  • I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death
  • The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration Into the Wonder of Consciousness
  • The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts
  • The Ravenmaster: My Life with the Ravens at the Tower of London
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • The Room of White Fire (Roland Ford #1)
  • Cinemah presenta: Il buio colpisce ancora
  • Yokai
  • Lunarbaboon: The Daily Life of Parenthood
  • Best Short Stories of Anton Chekov
  • Essex County
  • Het wezen van de olifant
  • Random Illustrated Facts: A Collection of Curious, Weird, and Totally Not Boring Things to Know
  • How To Be Happy