Start by marking “If I Had Two Lives” as Want to Read:
If I Had Two Lives

If I Had Two Lives

What would you do if you found out that your whole life is based on a lie?

An emotionally-charged and thought-provoking psychological thriller about the ripple effects of childhood experiences and our obsession in seeking the truth form the bestselling author of '14 Days to Die' and "As Sick as our Secret'.

'If I Had Two Lives' is a twisted tale of family secrets and the
Published November 14th 2019 by inMotion Capitol

To ask other readers questions about If I Had Two Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Had Two Lives

Start your review of If I Had Two Lives
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-publisher
4.5 STARS

What a wild and crazy ride! I thoroughly enjoyed this, and highly recommend to readers looking for quality indie authors to support. Full review to come!

*Many thanks to the author for providing my review copy.
Julie (JuJu)
”‘If I Had Two Lives' is a twisted tale of family secrets and the darker side of human nature”

After reading that statement in the book blurb, Ms. Whelan had my attention! This is a truly twisted and dark psychological thriller!

We are all molded by our childhood in some way, whether it is good or bad. Can we control the ripple effects of childhood trauma and abuse that follow us into adulthood? Beat the odds?

“Judging is easy to do, but we shouldn’t do it until we’ve lived two lives.”

This book
Linda Strong
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Vicky Collins, an FBI Agent specializing in cyber crimes has been placed with a new team who are searching for a serial killer. This killer is unique ... he piggybacks his crimes on the killings of other serial killers.

Everything goes well until DNA from a previous crime is entered into their system... with amazing results. The sample reveals there is a match .... a sibling match ... to Vicky. It shows it comes from her brother.

The problem is ... Vicky doesn't have a brother... does
Amy
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
Looking for a weekend binge read? (Really, who isn’t?) If I Had Two Lives was a super twisty, engaging read that follows a female FBI agent as she works on a task force trying to find a serial killer. There is a lot going on here between Vicky’s work as an agent and the unraveling of her personal life and I am here for it! This one went dark and disturbing you guys, definitely some difficult subject matter, but if you’re looking for a fall thriller this one was tense, fast paced and unique.
Natalie
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

What a ride this book is! Such a fantastic story I just couldnt put down! So many little twists and turns ut will keep you guessing until the end!
This book not only shows the darker sides of life, it grips you and won't let you go.
I really hope there will be a sequel to this book.
Debbie Viscosi
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t felt sorry for a fictional character in a while. A.B. Whelan has written a terrific story of a young FBI agent whose world implodes. Family life? Not as normal as she thought. Love life? Is he having an affair? Work life? She is accused of failing to disclose criminal activity. This could be a book about a victim of circumstances but - being adult and not acting on your initial impulses. The main character, Vicky, has a very rough series of circumstances to overcome. She isn’t perfect ...more
Michelle Only Wants to Read
3-3.5 stars

Set in Southern California's scorching desert summer, in between North County, San Diego, and East Riverside County, the locations are all familiar to me. The well-known territory has always been a highlight in A.B. Whelan's novels for me. There's a special feeling in recognizing the different landmarks and corners in the story.

Vicky Collins, a young and vibrant FBI Special Agent has just been assigned to a serial-killer case that's been puzzling the agency in the area. She's a
Dana
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Oh hello wild rollercoaster ride! If I Had Two Lives was sooo twisty. Packed full of secrets and shocking revelations this was my kind of thriller!! That ending. Did not see that coming at all. Wow.

I'm going to need to get my hands on A.B Whelan's other books... huge thank you to NetGalley and publisher for my review copy!
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg, it excedeed any expectations I may have for it before.

It was so enthralling and intriguing that I devoured the book in matter of days, I didn't want to put it down, I needed to know more everytime.

It was a very delicate subject but a very real one too, I think that added to the charm of this book, I loved Vicky she was so real and had so much troubles like anyone else.

It's a perfect read for crime novels lovers.
Tam
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book took me on an emotional roller coaster, and I LOVED every single minute of it. Whelan just KNOWS how to write a story that penetrates into the deepest recesses of your heart and permeates into your very soul. The aura of suspense increasingly bumped up my anxiety, notch by excruciatingly-taut notch. The palpable tension held me in thrall. The twists made me audibly gasp in shock. And, the fast pace of the wildly-captivating plot kept me swiping the pages feverishly. I'm a fan!

*I
Nadine
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Starts off in a nursing home 34 years earlier than present time. It was a bit confusing (to me) but it all came together nicely. There were a few twists and turns. Kind of like this review (lol). Ok, let me start with Vickie, a police detective working cyber crime who is recruited by the FBI to become a Special Agent. She has a significant other named Doug who has a large following on one of the internet social media sites on real estate. The case Vickie gets involved with is seeking a serial ...more
the growing library
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vicky Collins is a new agent with the FBI and though she is highly regarded her in depth background check shows someone in her family is a felon and this family member is someone Vicky knows nothing about. Vicky has lived what seems to be a great life, a successful boyfriend, a good childhood and a career where she is always on the rise but it seems now this all may have been a lie. There is a serial killer on the lose and while Vicky is trying to solve one of the most horrific cases the city ...more
Deloris
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review from NetGalley . Wow this book pulls you in from the beginning and holds you , as you get to about 80% you think you know what’s going on but you’re wrong . I was so excited and engrossed until I read the very last page . I didn’t give this book 5 stars because I wanted more questions answered in the end , the book just abruptly ended . This is a good story I’ll definitely be reading more of this authors work.
Deborah
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a complimentary copy of IF I HAD TWO LIVES by A.B. Whelan from the author for an honest review.

IF I HAD TWO LIVES begins thirty-five years ago with a young woman in a vegetative state in a care home. In a place where the most vulnerable are meant to be cared for, the staff are shocked to learn that she has been sexually assaulted and is pregnant.

In the present day, Vicky Collins is a FBI agent with a new career on the rise, assigned to work in cybercrimes. At home she has a long term
Cristie Underwood
This was such a thrilling and twisty read! The only bad part of this book was finishing it, as I enjoyed it so much! I am definitely going to be reading more from this author!
Stephanie Doyle
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was on the edge of my seat with this book and finished it in two sittings. I read these types of books all the time and this one was wild. I highly recommend it.

Nikkita
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author, and I recieved an ARC copy to review. I loved the writing style, and fell in love with Vicky from early on. The twists and turns of the story were abundant, but easy to follow and not get confused by what was going on. I never suspected the ending, fans of who is it books will fall in love with the story.
Adela Cornes
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.B. Has not failed us again, this book starts out with you wondering what’s going on, then makes you sad & madder than hell. After reading further on you begin to wonder about what’s happening with Vicky’s mindset, about her life, her family & her boyfriend, after finding out something life changing, you’ll wonder how she survives.
All A.B’s books are heartfelt & still keep you in suspense & I’ve read all her books.
Becky Baldridge
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5stars
The blurb for If I Had Two Lives promises a psychological thriller, and the description certainly sounds like one. However, the proof is in the pudding, and I can't say that I found very much about this story to be even remotely thriller-like. It started off well enough, but it didn't take long to connect the dots on who Vicky is or her connection to the case. For me, it kind of felt like this one started going off the rails right about the time that Vicky is made aware of a sibling she
Elizabeth E
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dee Blankenship
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vicky Collin’s career is on the rise. She’s a young, determined FBI agent recently promoted to the cybercrime unit and assigned to a serial killer case. When her own background check reveals a DNA match to a known criminal Vicky’s whole world is turned upside down. To save her career she must dig into the mysteries of her past and uncover long held family secrets. But the more she discovers the lies and deception of the past the more she starts to see a connection to her current case.

This is
Christine
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vicky has a good job as an FBI agent and a successful Real Estate mogul boyfriend. She had a normal childhood and thought she knew who she was until everything went topsy turvy in her life. She soon realized that her parents hadn't told her everything about her life and strangely, the new information she was recovering was woven somehow into the case she was working on -- trying to track down a serial killer.

This book has a lot of things happening and comes to a surprise conclusion. I enjoyed
Simonne Lambert
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well good Lord how much can one person take? Vicky Collins has just been recruited by the FBI and is excited to be working on her first case - which is finding the “piggy back” serial killer. However, her world is slowly falling apart around her. A routine background check by the FBI reveals some startling information about her family There seems to be trouble brewing in her relationship with her boyfriend of many years - that’s a bit of an understatement. And..as she gets closer to finding this ...more
Teresa
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to preview this ARC of If I Had Two Lives by A.B. Whelan.

Vicky Collins is a successful FBI agent with a handsome Instagram real estate agent boyfriend who has everything going for her. Her upbringing was pleasant and normal, and as far as she knew, everything about her life was above board.

So when the DNA comes back as a sibling match of Vicky, it sends her into a tailspin of deceit and lies. Who is committing these heinous crimes, and what does it have to
Pheadra
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers
I am an AB Whelan fan so for me to describe this book as disappointing is testimony to the high standard I hold the author’s work to.
Whilst the beginning of this book grabbed my attention kicking off the story 35 years earlier with a woman in a vegetative state who is discovered to be pregnant by a young nurse, the introduction of just too many shocking twists and turns, diminished this read rather rapidly. Added to this I found the character development of the story lacking and actually didn’t
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The beginning of this book really grabbed my attention. The story starts with a paralyzed girl who is a patient at San Diego Long Term Care Nursing Home, who is discovered to be pregnant. She had been in this condition as a patient for years. While this story is fiction; the situation portrayed is real. Recently in the news, there really was a woman in this situation who was found to be pregnant.

When it comes to the main character, Vicky, she is good. She asked intelligent questions and didn't
janine
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Now I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the Indie genre but the premise of this book really intrigued me.

The whole story is full of suspense, intrigue and unanswered questions, you are constantly a bit puzzled, but not in a bad way.

I honestly didnt think that the author would be able to wrap it all up in the last few chapters but they done a brilliant job!

I've only given 3 stars as even though the main character was likeable i found the characters two dimensional, the dialogue was quite wooden
Cathy
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bev
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read
I am a big fan of AB. This book is no exception to me. It is a mix of a real-life story and a fictitious FBI agent who is living her own life in an abusive relationship and then finds she has a brother she didn't know about. There is also a serial killer she is tracking. THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! I can not stress that enough. There are many things that happen that could trigger someone's problems. I found it to be a very good story. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from ...more
Angel
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to BookSirens for a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Wow, wow, wow! This book could easily be a top bestseller with a little editing and polish. A twisty turny dark psychological thriller with a FBI agent whose life is a shambles. So good, I want to read more about Vicky and her cohorts.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Let Me Go (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #5)
  • The Lies We Hide
  • Single
  • The Other People
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Sisters: A Short Story
  • A Place Called Fear (Maggie Novak Thriller #2)
  • The Look-Alike
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Unfollow Me
  • When the Time Comes
  • Only Lies Remain
  • The Poison Garden
  • Her Perfect Lies
  • The Loop
  • Deadly Silence (Kylie Hatfield Series Book 5)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • The Other Mrs.
A.B. Whelan resides in sunny Southern California with her family, among soccer fields, manicured lawns, and beautiful homes, where everybody’s lives seem perfect. Here is where she cooks up unique psychological thrillers that delve into suburbia life. Also, as a medical professional, she meets interesting people and draws inspiration from them for her characters.

She is a James Patterson