Start by marking “Crown of Conspiracy (The Ilvannian Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Conspiracy (The Ilvannian Chronicles, #1)

Crown of Conspiracy (The Ilvannian Chronicles, #1)

When everyone has an ulterior motive, who can she trust?

Becoming Queen is the last thing on Shalitha's mind, but when an unexpected illness takes down everyone but her, she has no choice but to rise to the occasion.

With more unexplained accidents happening around her, she is convinced none of them is coincidence. But when she sets out to find the truth, she soon finds
Published October 2019 by self published

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Conspiracy

Start your review of Crown of Conspiracy (The Ilvannian Chronicles, #1)
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
If you love Fantasy and you won't like this book.... Nohro Ahrae! I'll eat my damn boots! Shiny brass buckles included!

And yes, I'm pretty confident you won't be catching me with a mouthful of leather anytime soon.
Why I'm so sure on it? Let's see....

400+ pages and I read them in a day, resenting the times when I had to set my Kindle down.
Because...

Fast paced thrilling adventure - check

Mysterious intrigue to keep you guessing till the end - check

Sassy, badass female lead to absolutely root for -
T. Steele
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an addictive read! I stayed up late every single night to read it and would have finished it a lot sooner if life hadn’t have gotten in the way. I loved the main character she was absolutely amazing and witty and funny and just downright entertaining. I found myself racing to finish each page just to see what was going to happen next. There was some intense action and some nice mystery in along with it that was very intriguing. I especially loved the banter between all of the characters ...more
Lari
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I had a hard time deciding on what to rate this book, because I believe it has a lot of potential. Shalitha is basically the princess of a matriarchal kingdom, she loves to fight and she isn't afraid to talk back. She is attempting to preserve her people from the threat of conspirators lurking within the kingdom.

There were a lot of great points in the book, parts where I was hooked and I could see the book getting really good. I think that there were a lot of parts where the plot got a little

Jeroen Engelaar
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't read nearly as much as I'd like. On top of that I'm not an incredibly fast reader. I take my time and savor every page. I mostly read on my way to and from work.

That being said, this book had me hooked from page one. I believe I even read the last 40% or so in one sitting after returning from work one day simply because I couldn't put it down.

It has has a sassy protagonist elf princess with balls and antagonists who really get under your skin. The supporting characters provide an
Caroline Noe
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shalitha is the Tarien, the heir apparent to the matriarchy of Ilvanna, on the eve of a possible war with neighbouring Therondia. She's a feisty, wisecracking, rule-breaking handful to her Arathrien bodyguards and brothers. As the ritual ceremony of her succession approaches, a flurry of accidents, disease and injury leads to a conspiracy that will rock the Palace and leave her questioning whether she can trust anyone around her.
Weaver's worldbuilding is wonderful, with its hierarchy, rituals
Simi
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this book.
Epic characters, an absolutely well thought storyline.
Elves, I mean come on, who does not love elves?
Everyone who is even mildly enjoying High Fantasy books (but for younger readers, because nobody in this book is just walking or riding endlessly through the fields) will love it.
We have drama, we have love, we have intrigues and hopes.
And I am in love with 3 of Kara's characters.
Without spoiling you all too much: Hearlyon, Soren, Eamryel. I ship them!
More of this, please!
Natalie
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful beginning to a compelling fantasy series!

I have no words to express how much I loved this book. I downloaded it yesterday and read through the night until I turned the last page. The story is intriguing and intense, and all the way to the last page I kept guessing what would happen next.

Shal is a strong character, a little stubborn, yet likable and kind. Shal and Tal are the two characters that made me fall in love with this book.

All the way to the end, I had my heart pounding, and I
Riana Van Den Broek
If you like deadpan stares, rogues grins, smiles that don't go up to the eyes and freak accidents, read this book.
Also if you like fantasy books with action, intrigue and a little romance...read this book.

I had a hard time putting the book away when my children needed attention.
Can't wait till the second book comes out.
Alison Aldridge
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn’t what I expected. I thought there would be more magic but instead the novel kept me on the edge of my seat with plot twists and surprises I never saw coming. Even the ending, I didn’t see coming! The MC is strong and bold which made her very likeable. The writing is vivid and scenes came to life in my head like a movie. I will be looking forward to the next title in the series.
Marie Grace
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enriching

A beautifully developed world this book was a picture-perfect high fantasy. This includes a dreamy love interest (I ship it), a well-trained and highly fierce heroine, and some adorable and equally fierce brothers and friends. To top it all off it was set in a dangerously glittering world with high stakes, assassins, mystery, politics, and maybe a touch of magic.
Becka
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
This book is epic! I loved every minute of it and I can't wait until the whole series is out and I can binge it!
Melanie
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I am so in love with this book that I struggle to put it into words. From the moment I began reading Crown of Conspiracy, I couldn't put the book down. I had to ban myself from reading on certain days just to prolong the enjoyment because I knew once I was finished, I would be devastated that it was over.

Kara has an incredible talent for character and world building alike. She creates characters that leap from the page, ones that you can't help but completely fall in love with. Her main
Candyce Kirk
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the chance to beta read this one and loved it! Reading it again soon so I can give a full review . ...more
La Tay Minette
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen...when i tell you I couldnt put this book DOWN! Crown of Conspiracy was an absolute page turner!!! I havent been able to concentrate on books like i use to and this one made me lose sleep!!!

Pros:
- quick paced! You don't realize how many pages you're actually reading bc the pacing is amazing

- characters: the characters are awesome. Theres a couple of them I wanted to punch in the face, a couple I wanted to hold hands with and skip (bc they gave me warm feels), and some i was just like
Karin Aston
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crown of Conspiracy

This fantasy saga, the first in the series, got my attention right from the start. The characters are strong and well developed and the world building detailed and right on point. I could visualise the settings and people almost down to the sounds and smells. The story itself is gripping and easily followed and left me wanting more, much more, at the end. There are some small errors that show the author is not a native English speaker but they are so minor I skimmed right over
J.D. Groom
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! There's not a lot left to say.

For starters, lets talk about the book cover. It is absolutely stunning, the colours are beautiful, and it looks amazing on my bookshelves next to my traditionally published books.

Then, I want to ask a question. Why hasn't this indie author got a book deal?

The novel is filled with action from the first page to the last. So many untold secrets, betrayals and theories, it's no wonder the characters are elves, they need the extra long lives to fit it all in.

Shal
L.C. Maxwell
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked and on the edge of my seat from the PROLOGUE. I have been in a book hangover for months and haven’t been able to read anything until I picked this up. Kara has written an extraordinary story of court intrigue, drama, and crime. I loved every single character—even the villains, I’ll admit. The MC, Shalitha, is an incredibly stubborn, hilariously witty, princess and you will fall in love with her friends, her guards, her brothers, her palace healer, and a certain Anahràn.
I laughed, I
Angela Flowers
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! I bought the ebook AND the paperback (which is crazy beautiful). The story had me hooked from the beginning. The characters are well written, especially Shalitha. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
LMR Clarke
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Court Intrigue

A unique world with a kick-ass elven princess. There's action upon action, and you'll never be bored. Grab your copy now!
Cheryl
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but also didn’t like it at the same time. The book has a lot of potential. The general premise of the storyline has merit, but there are a lot of plot holes that had me turning back pages to see if I could figure out what was going on.

The main character is confusing, her personality bounces around so much. She’s fiesty one minute and weak and crying the next. The sheer volume of injuries that are incurred means she spend 50% of the book in the infirmary or holed up in bed
M.J. Vaughn
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An EPIC story!

High fantasy is not my usual choice of reads but this story is well worth the detour. It has everything! Genuine characters, a well described setting, an intriguing plot, a blossoming love story and all the twists and turns of a theme park ride. Shalitha is a most impressive protagonist with her genius wit, authentic curiousity, and all around awesomeness! I was taken on a journey and will never forget the ride. The author’s fluid banter between characters, telling a clear and
Nyna Queen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Conspiracy is a fast-paced, witty and fun start into this new epic fantasy series. If you enjoy elves, swords, intrigue and a perky would-rather-train-fighting-than-wear-a-dress princess with a quick tongue, then you will love this book. Looking forward to the next!
Steve
Ana Lepur
Jan 09, 2020
Oxymora
Jan 15, 2020

• MARIANNE (Blood Trilogy, 3)
  • Mercy Road
  • The Canaan Project
  • Eclairs for Tea and other stories
  • The Awakened (The Lazarus Chronicles, #1)
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Method 15/33
  • By A Thread: Book 1 of The Trueborn Heirs Series
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Fat Whack: It's a Fat World After All
  • Silence Breaking (Storm and Silence, #4)
  • The Lekki Club
  • Before Our Adventures
  • Copywriting For The Rest Of Us (Marketing For The Rest Of Us #2)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Praetorian Rising
Kara S. Weaver currently lives in a remote village near Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with her husband, two children and a cat. Three days a week, she teaches English at secondary level - the other days she 'works' as a mom/policeofficer/nurse/writer hybrid, spinning tales of fantasy in a fantastical world.

When not trying to keep the children alive, whether they be students or her own, Kara can be