Start by marking “Timeworn Literary Journal: Issue One” as Want to Read:
Timeworn Literary Journal: Issue One

Timeworn Literary Journal: Issue One

Timeworn is a literary journal based in Buffalo, NY focused on Historical Fiction. This debut issue features six enchanting stories from various time periods and settings that seamlessly merge speculative and historical detail. From Victorian Kolkata to the Western Front of WWI, Issue One of Timeworn Literary Journal will take armchair adventurers on a surprising and ...more
Published October 1st 2019 by Timeworn Literary Journal

To ask other readers questions about Timeworn Literary Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timeworn Literary Journal

Start your review of Timeworn Literary Journal: Issue One
Hauke
Oct 05, 2019 added it
A collection of stories full of really really excellent concepts and magic. In one or two the execution of the concepts doesn't grab me as much as I wish it would—the pacing's a little off or the prose just doesn't do it for me. But overall I had a very good time.
Mari
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favourites included:
'Battlefield' which brought the horrors of WW1 to vivid life, in a way I didn't see coming; and
'Slip Stitch' with its gorgeous prose and compelling relationships between mother/daughter and servant/daughter
Michael D. Kanner
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really hope that this journal finds an audience because it is a unique blend of two genres- historical fiction and magical realism.

Usually, a collection of stories has a few 'clunkers' but in this case, the editors did a great job in selecting a good mix of topics and periods and all were tightly written with believable characters and situations.

I will be looking forward to future editions.
Jason McCuiston
Oct 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
As a contributor, I'll not give this publication a rating. I will say that the editors have done an amazing job of providing wonder and grandeur in just a handful of stories that bridge the gap between historical fiction and speculative fiction. Romance, intrigue, action, and even horror can all be found in the pages of this slim volume.
Cecily Winter
Ehm
is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2020

• Our Man in Havana
  • Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files (The Dresden Files, #12.5)
  • The Iron Heel
  • Danse Macabre
  • The Turn of the Screw
  • Putting the Science in Fiction: Expert Advice for Writing with Authenticity in Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Other Genres
  • How to Break an Undead Heart (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #3)
  • The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner
  • What I Saw in America
  • Studies In War And Peace
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)
  • The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #3)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Stories
  • Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold (Stephen Fry's Great Mythology, #1)
  • A Tale for the Time Being
  • Otherwood
  • European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #2)