Start by marking “Technically Faking” as Want to Read:
Technically Faking

Technically Faking

Iris Spark knows exactly what she wants. It hasn’t made her many friends, but it has made her a fixture on all the best ‘Under 30’ lists in Silicon Valley and the CEO of SparkSignal, a company she built from nothing.
And now it’s about to make her unemployed.
The Board of Directors wants her out. They say she’s difficult. Abrasive. They’ve already set the date to vote in
Published September 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Technically Faking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Technically Faking

Start your review of Technically Faking
Bethany
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was a fun, lighter fauxmance that I really enjoyed! It's not groundbreaking and still had its own issues, but I read it in one sitting and finished with a smile. If you're a fauxmance fan or just need a fluff read, give it a go! Solid 4 stars.
Ted
Fake dating isn't a normally loved trope of mine. In fact I tend to avoid it. But this book might change my perspective, lol. I *loved* this. The amount of chemistry and passion these MC's had was, at least IMO, well enough to overshadow the fake dating aspect that I normally don't like. Which made it that much more interesting and immersive. I've always said that if I loose chunks of time while reading that it's a sign of great writing/story telling and a great book. And yup, ya guessed it, ...more
Alexis
#101Stereotypes&Tropes

Ok maybe 101 is a little exaggerated but this is like a how to handbook for (lesbian) liberal millennials.

Iris Spark, who is about to get kicked out of her own company needs an image overhaul to convince the board of directors and the public that she's not, as they claim, abrasive and difficult to deal with. So who better to boost her image by pretending to be her doting girlfriend than social media influencer Amber Kowalczyk?

As fauxmances go, this one is very
Lexxi Kitty
Mostly fun book, at least to begin with. I even thought the mention of hair color was handled better than most books seem to handle it. With most books, that constant hair obsession bordering on a fetish would either mark the book as former fan fiction or the author as someone who had risen up through those ranks and hadn't yet shaken all of those fan fiction little tricks. No here it seemed more natural and something that matched the scene and or character.

At least it was that way until I was
Elske
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun to read, nice characters, well written and no angst. Very suitable read for an evening by the fire. Recommend
Tara
Lovely and fun.
Pam Holzner
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this addition to my faux-mance collection. The story is told via alternating 1st person narratives. The characters are quickly intensely attracted to each. I would have preferred a bit more of a ramp up on that. The plot is familiar to anyone who likes this trope. The unexpected and delightful surprise here was the whole "silicon valley/social media influencer" world. I've read a romance or two about entrepreneurs (Heather Blackmore's It's Not a Date comes to mind) but the ...more
lov2laf
*Apologies for the short review. I read this about two months ago and wasn't inspired to write one.

Robin Hale knocked it out of the park with "Silhouette" and her sophomore release "Under the Harvest Moon" had me entertained. However, "Technically Faking" left me with an "eh".

Unlike Hale's previous books which had to do with superheroes and witches this is a straight forward contemporary fauxmance. And strangely, I found this situation to be the least plausible.

I did like the use of social
Heinerway
I really enjoyed this story. What can I say? I love fake relationship stories!
Alex
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure if I’m on a winning streak picking great books or If I’m just in the mood for them. This is the third book in 4 days that gets a 5 star rating from me.

Iris and Amber need each other. Iris is a genius that doesn’t have much use for social conventions, so she does the minimum of them, but to keep her mind baby she needs to seem human and relatable, so a business plan is necessary. Amber is an influencer (yuk, I know, but she’s actually adorable and great and not a narcissistic
Megan
Hate the cover - love the book.

This is the third Robin Hale book I've read this year and I think I'm seriously developing a crush. I'm never sure what to expect - her first book was a superhero (actually more of a super-villain) story, the second was a paranormal romance and the latest is a fauxmance. Regardless of the genre, Ms. Hale's writing and characters create a fabulously fun and entertaining read. Her books just make me happy.

There's no question that Iris Spark is brilliant, driven,
Lisa R. Smith
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Robin Hale has another winner here. An abrasive CEO of a successful App company is about to be replaced by her companies board of directors, just as the company holdings are about to become public. In an effort to stave off the take over, she hires a social media influencer to make her a positive public image. This book is refreshingly well written. Hale has a good vocabulary and uses it. Faux romance to a HEA. Enjoy!
Best Lesfic Reviews
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming, fun, funny and unexpectedly entirely romantic; this one had us devouring it with unmitigated delight.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
XR
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I heart fake-relationships turned into genuine-love-story stories. Iris and Amber are hot together and the fact they just naturally click in both business and their relationship just makes ya wanna swoon for them.
Bastonikov
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robin Hale is fantastic. The main characters ooze chemistry, the story is beautifully and skillfully crafted, and I can confirm I had a stupid grin on my face for hours after I finished it.
LJ
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do love a good faux romance and this one was certainly good
Bree Paige
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fell-for-boss
3.5
Angela
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, lesfic

Iris Spark, the CEO of SparkSignal, is weeks away from being voted out of the company she built from scratch. She has to figure out a way to convince the board and the public that SparkSignal is hers. Enter Amber Kowalczyk, a social media consultant. With her media expertise and a fake relationship between Iris and Amber to show off the CEO's soft side, Iris just might have a shot at holding onto SparkSignal. But what happens when the fake relationship starts to feel real, and the time
Lo Ross
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So. I really, REALLY loved this book and I haven't said that about an F/F romance in a long time. Things I loved - The characters were multi-dimensional and relatable, the storyline was enthralling, and the writing was done really well. The MCs expectations of each other were also VERY real and they communicated so well (except one blip), which is hard to find in F/F romances. I appreciated that. I absolutely adored Iris and was so glad that Hale didn't make her JUST an ice-queen who needed ...more
Caitlin
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Read This At Work

I saw the summary and figured I'd give it a try. Couldn't have prepared me for the humor, the delight, nor the ache I earned in my cheeks from too much grinning. I genuinely love this book and will likely read it again, despite the work piling up on my desk as I write this review. I can't tell you how relieved I was to just fall in love with all of these characters (except the jackasses on the board), feeling for them and worrying about their careers and lives and
sav
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
my one complaint is only that this book wasn't longer because i was so gutted when i was getting close to finishing. i wanted it to be forever!!!!! with this small of a timeline (3 weeks), it's easy to get sucked into an "insta-love" feeling type deal but it never even felt that way to me. their relationship was so well developed and they took an appropriate amount of time bonding and doing small things that showed how well they work together. i just loved it. and the distinct writing for both ...more
JENNY F.
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really liked it

Basically, everything Laendie said.
I liked that it's an "old story" told ad nauseam with different names and in different settings, but nonetheless...rich girl needs a fake girlfriend for one reason or another, etc. This story however, is honest, there's no better way to put it, it draws you in to the characters' psyches and into their insecurities, vulnerabilities and in this way it makes you part of the story
Keisha Ming
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Iris and Amber were never technically faking

Sometimes you meet someone and everything just works. It doesn't matter it's only been a week Iris and Amber entered into a contract but there hearts where in charged both were afraid to say what they wanted they taught it was all apart of their master plan but faith had other plans.

At times it was a little hard to follow the dialogue but otherwise it was a beautiful book with humor and well worth the read
Sandy Clark
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tech Genius and the Whiz of Social Media

Loved this book. Just the right amount of awkward nerd, unfair business moves, rich genius, poor social media whiz and fiery attraction in a very well written story.
Anna
Dec 01, 2019 added it
Shelves: romance, wlw
Adorable and pretty hot “fake dating trope” romance
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried, laughed, smiled ugh this book!!!!! So amazing so upset I can’t get a physical copy can we change that plss!!! I loved it so much definitely one of my new favorite f/f books. Thank you
Tes
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,25
Keah
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, I wish the author would write more in the contemporary- non-fantasy genre. I will absolutely be reading whenever they do.
Jen

• Lost at Sea
  • Tinsel
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Perspective
Robin Hale is an independent author of sapphic romance.
She's never met a classic that couldn't be improved with a lesfic retelling and sincerely believes that every woman deserves to fall passionately in love.
When not writing, you can find her lurking in coffeeshops, planning elaborate costumes, and trying to turn every game she plays into a dating sim.