Start by marking “Cruelty” as Want to Read:
Cruelty

Cruelty

The devil is in the details.

At least, that’s what I, alternative clothing store owner and animal activist, Ella Devlin, have always believed.

What should’ve been a simple B&E into the corrupt kill shelter to release all the animals, turns out to be not as simple as I imagined. Everything becomes a bit spotty.

Not only do I now have a pregnant Dalmatian refusing to leave
Published November 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruelty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruelty

Start your review of Cruelty
Jennifer G
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Devlin. Clothing designer by day, animal rescuer by night. Simple; but her latest rescue is anything but. Wealthy Nita and Robert Darling the shelter owners are determined to track down the person who broke into their shelter and they are close on her trail. One of the dogs, a pregnant dalmatian has adopted Ella as her's, her best friend has declared that he wants her, and the new animal rescue that she is asking to take in the abused rescues turns out to be owned by her high school exes.

I
Anna
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, let me just say that I LOVE the idea of taking the villain and making them the heroine. Bad girls need love too!! That's not quite the way this goes though. They aren't taking someone who is evil and making you love them. It's not the actual storyline from the past.

Cruelty is a spin on Cruella Deville. Here we have Cruel Ella. She's a clothing enthusiast who is also an animal lover. So much so that she may make it a small habit to steal dogs from sketchy shelters that are
Missy Brown
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cruelty is book 2 in the Villainously retelling series, each addition is told by a different author. Here K.B does an excellent job of telling of Cruella Deville which we know from 101 Dalmatians. This was such a cool spin on this story, one that I enjoyed very much. Also to keep in mind that these are loosely based on the original stories.

Cruel Ella is an animal lover, and she is not above maybe acquiring dogs from places that may not be the safest for them. But when one such encoun
Natalie panda eyes
Shelves: rh-recs
Unlike the first book, this retelling isn’t a light walkthrough. Ella is broken hearted and on the wrong side of the law doing the right thing. I like the already established ménage relationship, although the reason they gave made me a little ragey. As much as I liked Theo, god the jealousy was annoying. Slipped to a 3.5 but the epilogue alone was a 4. I liked all three guys but my favourite was Luca.
Meghan
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a great little story, and a wonderfully inventive take on 101 Dalmatians. I really loved the main character, Ella, and her guys were totally swoon-worthy. I love the idea of taking a well-known story and flipping it on its head to make the original villain the hero of the tale, and I think KB Everly did an amazing job in this one!
Tiblu
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not bad. Not what I’d hoped it woks and not what I wanted it to be but not bad.

Oooooo,well where to start?
Hmmmmmm, ok, first off,I’d describe this as light. For me lighter than the movie in some ways I think this is supposedly be based off of. Light on story, light on development,light on Romance,well just light. I’d describe this as one of those

stories, where you walk away saying,”Not bad there just wasn’t much to it.
Lost great ingredients here to make one hell of a big meal b
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to like this or not as it's always a bit hit or miss when you see classics you know and love being turned on their head. But there is a current trend occurring everywhere where we see a classic fairy tale being turned on it's head and being told by the villain of the story, getting a different perspective. Now, to be completely clear, this is not really true of what is happening here, this is not a straight retelling of 101 Dalmatians from Cruella's pers ...more
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Cruelty (A Villainously Romantic Retelling Book 2) By K.B. Everly
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
I loved this book. Look I am a dog loving chick so I have n
Gen
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 5/5

Character depth ~ 5/5

Pacing ~ 5/5

Hero(es) ~ 5/5

Heroine~ 4/5
I enjoyed her character until the last chapter. She became somewhat... immature and a little dense. I understand the circumstance, but I feel that her reaction was out of character, and not comical like I think what the author was going for.

Emotion felt by reader ~ 5/5

Dark themes (violence, gore, etc): Yes, but not from the
Angela
Fun!

I love this idea of taking the villains from well know stories and flipping it around so they become the good guys. In this retelling the heroine is Ella or "Cruel" Ella as she's been called. The character is based off Cruella Deville but the spin is that Ella is an animal lover with an adorable dalmatian sidekick! She has a penchant for stealing mistreated dogs which eventually causes her to cross paths with the evil Darlings. Throw in some hot exes and a BFF and things get real intere
BridgesD
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun, light read that takes a new spin on the story of Cruella Deville. Part of the Villainous retellings of many of our childhood story favorites. This one is about a villain who isn't actually a villain, or antihero. She's actually pretty awesome when it comes to fighting for the furry little guys who can't fight for themselves. It helps that this reverse harem also has 3 hotties helping out too. Great read!
Courtney Brown
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never thought that I would love a retelling of a villain I dislike so much!
I did not expect to love these characters as much as I do but I should have known. K.B has a way with words. Her story telling is awe inspiring and I gobble it all up!
Pretty Girl is my absolute favorite ever!
I would love if this was a series but I absolutely loved this book! And that cover? So perfect!!
Leanne
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great retelling by K B Everly. I enjoyed reading an alternative version of the classic we surely have all seen as kids. The whole story is flipped on it's head with the villain being the hero instead and I'm all for it! I enjoyed reading about Ella and her exploits.
Was howling with laughter at the epilogue. A nice little insight to how their relationship progressed.
Alisha McCoy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not a let's make the bad guy the hero book. This is not what I was expecting but in a good way. In this story you have Ella who is sometimes called curel ella but she's anything but. This was a delightful read and I enjoyed every page of it. I love the Reverse Harem part and Gus, Pretty, and Lucky.
Andrea
Fantastic read!

Thoroughly enjoyed this book! Ella is fantastic! Absolutely not afraid to do what she feels is right, and she had me rolling!!! The ending had me laughing loud enough I got a few funny looks! Highly recommend Cruelty!
Brittney
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story was very cute. This retelling is different from what I was expecting. The FCM doesn't really have much in common with the movie character she's based off. I actually prefer that though. I enjoyed this story and the cover was absolutely gorgeous.
Talia
Really enjoyed it!

I love a good retelling but this one was very different than others that I’ve read. For one, I’ve never read any about Cruella. I adored reading about Ella’s rescue endeavors and loved the spin with Cruel Clothing. Not to mention the guys are pretty 😍.
Timi Kraft
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic idea and retelling of a classic villain. Loved the twist that was taken to give a better perspective from the "villains" POV.
Mandy Sokolowsky
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute and clever spin a traditionally very hated character! Of course, Pretty stole my heart! This is a great quick read with steamy sexy times, cuteness overload with dogs and a hero mission!
Hannah Loree
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved making the typical villain the beloved heroine of the day, the twist on a classic tale is something I will read and reread many times again!
An absolute must read!
Dezi
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great story, I loved Elle she was one tough chick not afraid to di what she thought right. I loved her guys as well. They all fit together perfectly, and of course Pretty is adorable!
Susan Wentz