Start by marking “Rampion (Cosmic Fairy Tales)” as Want to Read:
Rampion (Cosmic Fairy Tales)

Rampion (Cosmic Fairy Tales)

Sometimes, you find love in an unexpected place…

Rapunzel isn’t fond of being a princess, but her rebellion against her royal parents can only take her so far. When her adventures playing pirate result in embarrassment for her family, she’s sent away to a scrapyard in the middle of Nowhere on a barren moon that has been barely terra-formed to support life. As fa
Published October 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rampion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rampion

Start your review of Rampion (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
Airwreckah
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected but solid in execution

Definite twist to the Rapunzel tale but one that I think is in the end a little bit more compelling and certainly original, with small nods to the classic version and to the Disney interpretation. Gotta love me some space faerie tales!
Tiffany Schwartz
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Book This Author Has Written...I Freakin’ LOVED IT

Rarely do I read a sci-fi romance book that I also recommend to my Husband. He’s a total hardcore-sci-fi-purist-book-snob and isn’t into lots of sexy times in his books. But OCCASIONALLY he’ll read a book I recommend that has a fantastic storyline, great world-building, and unique sci-fi elements.

This book has all of those things! It’s got a slower burn romance , but it DEFINITELY doesn’t disappoint. Honestly, this book is so well written
Nanna
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Serena Buffaloe
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected surprise !!

This book was totally Not what I was expecting . To be honest, I have Never Read the Rapunzel story . I did watch the cartoon, and the Disney movie ( or was it Pixar ?? )
Anywho, I got the gist of it . This story totally spins , and reverses that Whole thing !!! I
In this story , Rapunzel is a Princess that wants very much to be free, and her own woman . But her Royal parents want her to be like everyone else !!
Yeah, no!!
Well , our Rapunzel, finds herself rele
Kelly
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, this book took a turn I wasn't expecting at first and it totally rocked my socks off. In case I'm not being clear, I LOOOOVVVVED where this story went. I'm not even sure I can express the whys and hows without completely giving away ALL THE THINGS.

Let's just say Rapunzel has a lot of growing up to do before she can be the princess she's meant to be. Her bodyguard gave her good start by making her think for herself, but she still has a long way to go when she's first dr
Sharon Gillman
I'm 3 for 3 in the Cosmic Fairy Universe

So I'm 3 for 3 in the Cosmic Fairy Take universe and I'm totally loving it. I've read most of the series from Ms. Trombley since first reading Scorpions Mate and have been gobbling up everything else since. I love her aliens that look like aliens universe and the characters that seem to jump off the pages that I can't seem to turn fast enough.

I enjoyed this book more than I initially thought I would with it's take on A.I. and more sci-fi than
Georgina Parkin
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
So I liked this, but didn’t love it. I didn’t like the end, and I didn’t like that (view spoiler) but I did like the hero eventually, and so I started to really enjoy the book again. But from the point (view spoiler)So I liked this, but didn’t love it. I didn’t like the end, and I didn’t like that (view spoiler) but I did like the hero eventually, and so I started to really enjoy the book again. But from the point (view spoiler) comes into it, I no longer was enjoying what was happening. It felt a little over the top and that it just kept going on? I would however like that story that’s described in the epilogue because I do love me some lizard people.

Overall I enjoyed it, I did. It just had a few issues that dulled that at times. Also, (view spoiler)
Vixen
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected

The synopsis really makes you think the story is going in one direction while the story itself takes you to another. So don’t rely on the synopsis to tell the what it’s about. After I got over the confusion I started to really enjoy it. Really liked the H and the h. He was a grumpy hard outing with a soft sweet inside that fell for the princess. It’s not an instant live on either side, they got to know each other and that developed into a love. It builds into a new potential series that
LISA S AUSTIN
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected.. So much more!

I love Susan Trombley's writing, so I hate to admit that I was not liking this story at first. BUT, at around the half way point it really turned around for me and I was hooked. There is a bit of a twist from the original fairytale and it is a good one. Some might see it coming but I did not and was pleasantly surprised. I liked Zel coming into her own and Gothel's help. He actually is pretty awesome and I really hope there will be more stories with his AI
Jannie Cv
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done!
A very involved story that has many twists and turns from the Rapunzel story that I recall. I can feel Rapunzel’s frustration at all the constraints that come with being a royal. Dissatisfaction and rebellion may be good for letting off steam, but Zel soon learns her choices are not as harmless as she believes. Sent away as punishment, she has plenty of time to think. The main stimulus for her contemplation is the thought provoking, hateful, grumpy, can’t-pin-him-down Commander G
Laura  C. Gargiulo
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun twist on a old fairytale

I am never sure if taking the female from the role of needing to be rescued to being the rescuer will work. In this case, it worked! Rapunzel doesn't seem to start out in a tower, but as the story progresses, you realize that prisons don't all look the same. And the bad guys are never as black and white as you expect. The universe this takes place in is fascinating, with potential to flesh out for lots more stories. I enjoyed this one, and would love to see mor
Kelly Crow
Loved it!!!

I hate writing reviews! Amazon requires a PARAGRAPH that I just don't have time for. But I read your authors note and just had to put my two cents in. I love all your books and this one is no exception. I read so much that I can usually predict how the story ends up going. But not this one! Awesome job!! Please, please write more in this universe!! Highly recommended!
Tina
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rampion

So not what I expected but I truly loved this story. Zel and Gothel were an awesome couple. I had some good laugh out loud moments and some moments where I cried. What a lovely twist on the fairytale story of Rapunzel. The world building was very fascinating and I can't wait to read more about this world and the characters in it. I really can't wait to read the next book. I would highly recommend this book and this author.
Saberein
Oh, so GOOD..

So good i am sad is over, Susan Trombley never disappoints and this one will grab you and will not let you go until you're at the very last page and begging for more. Its got so many heart clenching moments and how truthful about what matters most. Rated it 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 since we'll it doesn't deserve any less. I just LOVED IT! 😍 totally recommend this book to everyone who's 18+.
Jessica
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't miss this one!

This was a great rendition of the classic fairytale! Loved the romance between the characters and absolutely want more from this author in this universe!!! I'm interested in all the different species and the little tidbit at the end was perfect and has me hooked for more.
James
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fantastic and Surprising Read

You will love this book. At first you will not have a clue where this book is heading and what to actually think. So well written and so creative! Thank you for this world you created and for the characters. In order to not give anything away, I will just say I LOVED IT. And would love to read more books set in this universe!
Sally
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new repunzal

Rapunzel starts out as a tough but self centered princess who grows as she's taught some harsh lessons by Grothel, her jailer and a junkman. Grothel is a curmudgeonly old cyborg with many secrets. One of which is Rampion who is hidden by Grothel in a "tower". The story is full of twists and is enjoyable.
Denise Peters
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My hands down favorite in a truly great 👍👍 series.

Something about this particular story. I just couldn't put it down. I absolutely adored Gothel and for that matter princess Rapunzel and would love to read any following novels coming out of this world. Thanks so much for the awesome read.
Lenna
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very different in a good way

I liked the personal growth of the female lead through the book. She starts out likeable but a bit naive and impulsive. She grows quickly through her interactions with the other characters and matures a lot. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say anything else except that I recommend it!
Amber Cichon
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not Rapunzel and not even Tangled

Take the story you think you know of Rapunzel, and throw it out the window (all the way to the bottom of that long tower)! The princess isn't trapped in the tower. The prince isn't human. And Gothel is a crochety old man who claims he just wants to tinker around in his galactic junk yard.
Joeie L Clark
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Spin on a Classic Tale

I really enjoyed Susan's version of Rapunzel. I haven't read anything of her's I haven't loved so I definitely wasn't disappointed with this story. The twists and turns kept the pages turning and I really hope she decides to add this to her list of "next story in the series" please!
Jeannette Walker
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this retelling!

The sci-fi twist to this old fairytale was just wonderful. It definitely went down a path I wasn’t expecting, but that’s what made the story so great. I’m not one to put spoilers in reviews, so all I’ll say is that I hope there’s a continuation of this storyline.
Debra Owen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good scifi twist

Susan's usual excellent writing, though story was a little confusing at first but boy oh boy, the twists came and finished reading it in one big gulp. loved the two main characters right from the start which is why I was confused, should have known Susan would pull out all the stops
Theresa
Loved it!

Really enjoyed the twist in this one! Hoping it continues with Rin and next princess! Please continue writing this universe or should I I say universes? Not sure but loved the storyline.
Sara
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much more than I expected

The story of Rapunzel brilliantly reinvented. Compelling characters, subverted tropes, and sci-fi awesomeness. Eagerly awaiting the next book. Draku Rin?
Patty
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting take on the story of rapunzel. In the beginning I was intrigued with having an AI in the tower BUT the twist towards the end really caught me off guard lol. I really enjoyed this book! So give it a try!!
Natasha Y
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything and more

loved the humbling of character rolls and had I mentioned the amazing twist ending? I really hope to read more of this universe. Susan always delivers.
Nerdy Housewifey
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected!

This was so much more than a fluffy retelling of some princess fairy tale. I loved how complex all the characters were and I hope so much the author continues this series with the other characters.
Leigh UK
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this was different!!

And now I've had my happily ever after, I need to know...
The story of Draku Rin?
What happens to little Marvala?
Does she inherit any traits from daddy dearest?
Do the humans learn to be human again?
I need to know!
Ashley Green
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I happened upon Rampion, and I'm so glad I did. I loved the subtly of hinting at pansexuality (don't know if it's on purpose) & loving the person/not their meat suit. The point about humanity and soul were great, also.
Plus, it has a few #memberthrobbing moments that were wonderful, too. ❤

• Contaminated (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • Jackie and the Giant (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • Escaping Wonderland (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • The Hunchback (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • The Ugly Dukeling (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • The Lion and the Mouse (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • The Frog Prince (Cosmic Fairy Tales)
  • The Warlock's Kiss
  • Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • Red
  • When She's Ready
  • Alien Alliance (Alien Invasion, #4)
  • Werewolf Cinderella
  • The Vori's Secret: A Mate Index Alien Romance (The Mate Index Book 7)
  • A Mate for Oigr: A Mate Index Alien Romance (The Mate Index Book 8)
  • In the Arms of an Android
  • Xul (Captured by Aliens #1)
Born a dragon, but forced to take human form to fit into those little baby carriers, Susan accepted that she'd have to live a mortal life. She just wasn't going to go around being all boring about it. As soon as she was old enough, she immediately applied for an alien abduction, but got wait-listed, so she made her lair in the desert to wait out the coming zombie apocalypse with a pair of magical ...more