Start by marking “Who Did You Tell?” as Want to Read:

Who Did You Tell?

A recovering alcoholic's dark secerts catch up with her in this gripping novel of psychological suspense from the internationally bestselling author of The Rumor.

"Instantly immersive, then intriguing, then insanely suspenseful, then . . . the truth. Believe me, Lesley Kara knows what she's doing."--Lee Child

We said to keep it a secret, that no one needed to know.

Astrid
Expected publication: June 16th 2020 by Ballantine Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jun 16, 2020
    FROM THE INTERNATIONALLY BEST-SELLING AUTHOR OF THE RUMOR.... Enter to win a galley of WHO DID YOU TELL?

A recovering alcoholic’s dark secerts catch

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 1851 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 06 - Mar 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Who Did You Tell?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Did You Tell?

Start your review of Who Did You Tell?
    Mandy White
    Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Who Did You Tell by Lesley Kara was a book high on my radar after reading and loving The Rumour. This book is emotional and not always easy to read. The main character Astrid is not the easiest of people to like, but as the story goes along you feel for her more and more and want her to succeed. I read this book in a day, it was one that I just needed to keep reading to know how it was going to end. Highly recommend this book.

Astrid has had troubles with alcohol since she was a teenager. Now at
    Ceecee
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This isn’t an easy read as the main character Astrid is an alcoholic and struggling after rehab to stay on the straight and narrow. She has so many demons many of which are the theme of this novel and some of those turn into genuine fears and there are a number of good suspense moments in the book. Astrid began to go off the rails at 15 when she changes her birth name from Hilary to Astrid as she believes that ‘made me visible’. Her struggle with drink is well described as are the AA meetings ...more
    Louise Wilson
    Astrid is a recovering alcoholic. She moves back into her mums house to try and get herself sorted out. She also attends daily AA meetings. She is also tormented by her past. She's just out of rehab and she doesn't trust people.

There is some really good twists to this story about an alcoholics road to recovery. But someone is out to get revenge. This story was full of potential. Although I felt sorry for Astrid and her daily struggles, I just didn't like her. She came across as a bit pathetic.
    Linda Strong
    4.5 STARS

Astrid is a newly recovering alcoholic. She's staying with her mother and this is her last chance at making a life for herself.... she has nowhere else to go.

Astrid finds strength in routine ... she regularly attends AA meetings, she works, she's making friends.

She has another routine ... finding out who is following her. She thinks it might be an ex-boyfriend ... but he's dead. Her memory is a bit shot ... too many blackouts when she was drinking.

She finds that trying to outrun the
    Mark
    Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

After such a success with her debut novel ‘The Rumour’ last year a lot of readers were/are excited to read this follow up, I was one of them!
    As an aside I loved that the rumour storyline is mentioned randomly in the book, this is because this new tale is set in the same sleepy seaside town as the rumour! ( Eastbourne without the excitement as its known! )
    So......Astrid ( formerly known as Hillary! ) is a recovering alcoholic and is back living with her Quaker Mother, attending AA meetings and
    Miriam Smith
    Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: kept-book, tbc, net-galley
    After the success Lesley Kara had with ‘The Rumour’, her new suspense thriller ‘Who Did You Tell’, looks to be another bestseller. I love this author and I personally thought this new book to be even better than her previous one and had me engrossed from the very start.
    “It’s been 192 days, seven hours and fifteen minutes since her last drink. Now Astrid is trying to turn her life around. Having reluctantly moved back in with her mother from the temptations and painful memories of her life
    Amanda
    Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Astrid a recovering alcoholic has moved in with her mother at Flinstead a small seaside town, where everybody knows each other’s business.

Astrid hasn’t had a drink for 190 days and attends AA meetings, where she meets Rosie and Helen. We know she has a secret and it is to do with her ex Simon. She becomes paranoid, she feels like she is being followed, then menacing notes appear.

The story is full of secrets and twists that keep you guessing until the surprising ending. I was so engrossed and
    Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
    *https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
    The bestselling author of The Rumour returns with her new addictive psychological thriller, Who Did You Tell? A story of secrets, lies, admissions, mistakes, blame, addiction, trust and guilt, author Lesley Kara keeps her cards close to her chest in this suspenseful mystery novel.

Astrid has a secret and it is one that she believes no one knows about. She has grappled with this secret for many days and months. It has consumed her, leading Astrid down a path
    Gemma
    Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    If like me, you loved and were completely gripped by Lesley Kara’s debut novel The Rumour, then boy are you going to love Who Did You Tell! It’s even more addictive, making it even harder to put down, and for me it has surpassed her debut.

32 year old Astrid is a recovering alcoholic. After an episode 5 months previously which left her hospitalised, she is now living back at home in the small, sleepy seaside town of Flinstead with her mother – since leaving rehab 2 weeks previously. She is
    Ash
    Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
    Recommends it for: fans of female protagonists with a troubled past
    Thank you to NetGalley and Ballantine Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I’ve discovered that, while it’s easy to find a mystery or thriller that’s good enough to entertain me for a few days, it’s rare to find one that truly knocks my socks off. Who Did You Tell? falls into the first category, which doesn’t mean it’s a bad book. It just means that it isn’t making it onto my list of favorites.

Unlike some mystery and thriller readers, I’m not the least bit sick of
    Sue
    WHO DID YOU TELL, a suspense thriller/psychological drama is the second novel to be published in January 2020 by Lesley Kara the author of the Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller, THE RUMOUR, a crime thriller debut published in December 2018.

Every town has its secrets. Lesley Kara knows them all . . .

Astrid, an alcoholic is trying to turn her life around, focusing on her recovery. She has grudgingly moved back in with her mother, in a quiet seaside town away from the temptations and painful
    Elvina Zafril
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Who Did You Tell? by Lesley Kara is one of the psychological thriller that full of suspense and twists that you didn't expect from the beginning until the ending.

Astrid is an alcoholic. She is focusing on her recovery. She moved back to live with her mother in a quiet seaside town in hoping to live in peace and away from painful memories she had in the past. She attended AA meetings and trying to get back the life as normal people and far from alcohol. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Someone
    Shalini
    Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    An interesting story which had a recovering alcoholic trying to find her way back to life living with her mother, but things turned haywire when she felt someone watching her.

My second book by author Lesley Kara. I liked parts of the book, especially the trials of a recovering alcoholic and the AA meetings. I liked the author's honest portrayal of an addict and how every day was a struggle. The author showed great sensitivity in that.

The suspense was subtle in it and the ending was quite
    Hanlie
    Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A very gripping mystery thriller!

Astrid has moved back in with her mother......not that she had any place to go. She is trying to put her life together. She is attending AA and is trying to get to grips with losing the love of her life. She feels responsible for him committing suicide and every day is a struggle. Then she starts feeling like someone is watching her...she smells Simon's cologne and then she receives a photo. Someone knows about her past.

I really like the writing style and
    Rachel Gilbey
    Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    After seeing Lesley Kara at Capital Crime, taking part in the Who's Crime is it Anyway sessions, I couldn't help but be impressed by her, and thus couldn't resist the opportunity to read her new book when it appeared.

And I'm completely correct to be impressed... What a fabulous book.

From the first few pages I could feel a slightly sinister undertone, something was rather unsettling but at the same I needed to know exactly what was going on. I had a few thoughts but generally was very happy to
    Nicki
    Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Astrid is trying really hard to turn her life around,having recently come out of rehab,she has reluctantly moved back home to live with her mother in the quiet seaside town of Flinstead. Asked is focusing on her recovery,going to alcoholics anonymous meetings, confessing her misdeeds and trying to make amends for the mistakes she had made in the past.

But someone knows Astrid's secret,the tragic event that she is running from. Someone who will not stop until Astrid learns that some mistakes
    Rachel Hall
    Underwhelming psycho thriller with an anticlimactic denouement that feels like a rerun of The Rumour.

Overall I felt Lesley Kara’s follow-up to her first novel, The Rumour, had rather a lot in common with her debut and in many ways felt like a rerun of the story, with a thirty something daughter returning to live with her mother in the sleepy seaside town of Flinstead and a small cast of characters, each of whom on occasions could be construed as suspicious.

Thirty-two-year-old recovering
    Joanne Robertson
    OMG!! If you liked The Rumour then you are going to LOVE Who Did You Tell? Its twisty and shocking with a narrative that sucks you in from the very first page and keeps you there. It's as addictive as hell which is quite fitting when you realise that one of the main characters, Astrid, has an addiction problem. She is an alcoholic, coping with a secret from her past concerning her ex boyfriend Simon. Following a major relapse, she's now living back with her mother in Flinstead and attending ...more
    Michelle
    Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Astrid is a 32-year-old recovering alcoholic. After losing everything in London and after the death of her ex-boyfriend Simon she returns to the small seaside town of Flintstead. Where her mother has paid for rehab and she now attend AA meetings. She struggles with the guilt of his death and with the memories of her drinking and the days with Simon. She wants to make amends on what she has done in the past, but, her mother thinks that she will soon go back to her old ways. She tries hard to ...more
    Deborah
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Astrid’s mother named her Hilary because (when she was born) she had such a sunny disposition. Hilary became Astrid as soon as she was able believing it to be the antithesis of her birth name and almost two decades later, it’s set the scene for the rebellious and unsettled life she’s led since.

Read my full review: https://www.debbish.com/books-literat...
    Karen
    Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Review to follow - a late night to finish this one. Enjoyed it.
    Katie
    Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I was kindly sent this book free of charge from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I read and loved Lesley Kara’s debut novel “The Rumour” so I was very excited to read this one. All in all I really enjoyed it. The story follows Astrid a recovering alcoholic who is living with her own demons and secrets. She moves to a small town where her mum lives however as she soon finds out she may have been followed by someone who knows her secrets.

This book was full of twists and turns just like
    ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
    What an absolutely wonderful read this was. I knew from the first chapter this was going to be a good one and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. This is a book that had me surprised at times. The novel moves quickly and I became addicted to the characters you truly become part of their world, feeling their feelings and seeing things through their eyes, especially the main character, Astrid.

I really liked the way each chapter told the story and I loved that it was easy to follow with concise
    Barbro-Katrin
    Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own

I didn’t have high hopes about this book, but the summary sounded a bit interesting.

It’s very slow moving in the beginning, and it’s boring. The relationship between the Astrid and Josh is moving to fast for my liking, and there’s no chemistry. The MC and some of the support characters are annoying. Nothing is really happening in the
    Book-Lover Book Blog
    This is the first book I’ve had the pleasure of reading from this author, and it was amazing. It’s gripping and full of angst, it’s tense and it’s full of twists. Definitely a novel worth recommending and worth picking up to read!

The story starts off a bit choppy and boring(ish), but as I kept reading, the more I found it hard to put down. It’s a very nitty gritty story that follows Astrid on her journey to recovery from alcoholism and we follow her struggles and memories and her path towards a
    Kathleen Gray
    Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Astrid is in recovery and doing her very best to set her life back on track. She's moved home to Flinstead, she's trying to mend things with her devout mother, and she's attending AA meetings. She's also made a friend- a possible romantic interest- in Josh, who she met while out for walk- and two other friends at AA. One problem, one BIG problem, is that something's really amiss and it's related to her deceased lover Simon. Someone is stalking her and gas lighting her but who? Much of this well ...more
    Joanna Park
    Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I was a huge fan of this author’s first book so I was very excited to read more from her. I was definitely not disappointed as I thought this was a gripping and emotional read which dealt with quite a difficult topic.

Astrid was a very interesting main character which took me a while to like as she seemed very angry and prickly at the start. As the story continues and we get to know her more I warmed to her, especially as she seemed genuinely remorseful for all her past mistakes I found I wanted
    Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
    I absolutely loved The Rumor and I couldn’t wait to see what Lesley was going to come up with next for her second novel. Who Did You Tell is another brilliant read that had me immediately hooked right from the first page! Full of mystery, suspense and with great twists and turns, Who Did You Tell definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat, gripped until the thrilling conclusion.

Lesley has crafted a well thought out and researched story that is compelling and does not shy away from the
    Brooklyn Tayla
    Wow.
    Full RTC..

Thank you Penguin Random House Australia for sending me a copy of this book to review.
    Susan Angela Wallace
    Who did you tell by Lesley Kari.
    This was a good read. I wasnt sure if I liked Astrid or not. But by the end I did feel for her. What a twist though I didn't see that coming. A good but hard read dealing with addiction. 4*.

• The Dilemma
    • Lake Child
    • The House on the Lake
    • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
    • The Fallout
    • She
    • Happy Ever After
    • Magpie
    • The Assistant
    • Hold Your Tongue (DI Eve Hunter, #1)
    • The Mothers: Five women. Five secrets. One missing husband.
    • The 24-Hour Café
    • Six Wicked Reasons
    • The Other You
    • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
    • Mix Tape
    • Three Hours
    • The Argument
    Lesley Kara is the author of the Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller, THE RUMOUR, published in December 2018. Her second novel, WHO DID YOU TELL, is out now.