Start by marking “Lip Smacker” as Want to Read:
Lip Smacker

Lip Smacker

Logan Heath was the sweetest and most beautiful boy I had ever seen. He was popular, smart, and the star quarterback of Fort Johnson High. Every girl in school followed him around in hopes of getting his attention. I was no different, except that I admired Logan from afar. With him being a superstar junior and me being an awkward freshman at a new school, our coupling was ...more
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lip Smacker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lip Smacker

Start your review of Lip Smacker
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Elipheleta (Lip) Smacker is an unusual name for a young girl and the source of amusement among her peers at her school. It took some time but Lip did eventually learn to stand up for herself. When she was a teen her parents decided to move to another town and she had to go through the whole rigmarole again but this time at high school. It was here that she developed a crush on Logan Heath, with his cute boy band looks and beautiful eyes. This admiration continued until he graduated and she never ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This was a really sweet love story about two people not prepared for the emotions that they feel for each other. Lip has always dreamed of opening a cupcake bakery with her grandmother. Once that dream has come true, she realizes that running a business is harder than she thought. Enter sexy Logan Heath and his goal of buying her business to make way for a luxury hotel. These two have a small bit of history, but when they are in the same room the attraction is explosive. Everything about this ...more
Erin Lewis
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 star Review Lip Smacker by Alison G Bailey

Alison G. Bailey is a new author to me and why that is the case, I have no idea. I found this book to be well written and entertaining, keeping me interested from the first to the last chapter.

Elipheleta (Lip) Smacker is the co owner of a bakery with her grandmother Wavy (love their names). Going through life with such an unusual name has certainly been a challenge for Lip, particularly when she was a teenager. Falling in love from a distance with,
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Two Halves of a Whole Stars ~

Lip Smacker was a fun, entertaining and sexy read. But it was also a book with all the feels you want to read in a 5 star read.

This story had me laughing out loud, swooning, blushing and even crying. The majority of this book was a feel good romance but it also had that emotional side that pulled on your heartstrings. I was invested in this story and characters right from the start.

I haven’t read many stories by Alison
Anne OK
I loved the book cover -- I detested the name chosen for the main female character -- even shortened didn't help me in my distaste for it. I know - I know the author probably had her ideas relating to the name and it's her book after all. The storyline has the good, the bad and the ugly. There are some highs and lows. At certain times, I felt the feels. But overall, this book didn't really click for me and I ended up neither hating or loving it. It was a quick read -- entertaining enough to keep ...more
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

DNF at 22%

There's being quirky and cute and there's forcing quirky and cute. This book is 100% the latter. There are so many places where this book defies logic and what people would do in a situation to go for the "cute" or "quirky" and it just didn't work for me.
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 All about Logan Stars

If you are in the mood for a CUTE read this is a MUST read book. I really enjoyed it. I had a smile on my face AND tears were brought to my eyes within the pages of this book. Bravo Ms. Bailey. It isn't easy to bring tears out of this blackened reader's heart. But you done did it. Logan was everything I love in a book boyfriend and Lip was adorable. I flew through this and enjoyed the ride thoroughly and had a smile on my face at the end. So win win. xo
Tanja Kezmic
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
3.5* and here's why; while this book had a lot of potential it never delivered for me. Don't get me wrong it was an OK read but it was at times a bit too cheesy for me. The chemistry wasn't working for me and I had a bit of a struggle to connect with the characters.

Now what I did like was the love Lip and Wavy shared. That was the (only) feeling i felt straight from page one. I did like how Longan ended up helping Lip. To be honest if this was written in two POVs maybe it would make more of a
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by Alison G. Bailey and it will most certainly not be my last. I absolutely loved everything about it. I love her writing style and found myself rereading paragraphs\dialogue because it was so entertaining. Lip and Logan are amazing, I fell in love with them both individually and as a couple. The chemistry between the two is off the charts and the use of family members (Wavy) also added to the storyline and enjoyment factor. This book is a five plus star read, ...more
Laur Laur
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
This heroine had the emotional maturity of a two year old and the poor hero should have escaped when he got the chance. She was awful and after a sweet night together tried to ghost him. Refused to communicate with him. Believes the worst about him. Twice! She then has the audacity to whine about her broken heart - when *she* ghosted *him*. And he just kept coming back for more emotional abuse. I think this was the awfullest heroine I've ever read.
Autumn
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished Lip Smacker last night and oh many did I love it! Logan (mr.heath, to me because I refuse to swoon to guys who share my child's name) was sooooo swoon worthy. Like seriously. And Lip, goodness she was such a great character! Strong and stubborn and I just really loved the way she was written.

This book was sooo sweet and super cute but also got me a little emotional, there were tears.

Definitely recommend you give this romance a try!
Rachel
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elipheleta Smacker (Lip) has strong ties to the neighborhood she now runs her cupcake business out of. Memories of walking down the street reminiscing with Wavy (her grandmother) keep Lip tied to the neighborhood even if her building is run down and a major corporation wants to buy her out to build a new hotel in the area. She isn’t willing to leave the spot she chose so deliberately.

Logan Heath is known as the Closer. He is brought in to work the deal when small businesses don’t want to be
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Let me start by saying that Alison G. Bailey never disappoints. I've read pretty much all her books and they all bring something original and sweet to the table.

Lip Smacker is funny, heartfelt, sexy, with a heroine full of sass, a grandmother who is a beautiful soul, and a swoony hero. A big investment company is looking to buy the bakery that Lip has put her heart and soul building from the ground up. And when they send a sexy attorney to try to convince Lip to sell, she receives the surprise
Thuy Taylor
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elipheleta Smacker aka Lip, has known Logan Heath since high school. Lip was shy, quiet but since he talked to her that one time, that one moment, she had been smitten by him since forever. Crushed on him, watched him from afar, kept up with his life even after high school. But as she stops keeping track of him because she realizes its unhealthy, in walking through her cupcake shop is none other than, Logan himself. Logan is known at work at the closer. He closes deals, the company he works for ...more
Suzy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC GIVEN TO ME BY THE AUTHOR

It's no surprise that I absolutely adored this book! Alison is one of my favorite authors. She has no trouble writing an funny, loving, sexy read like this one. I laughed, I cried, I swooned!

This is a standalone novel told from Elipheleta "Lip" Smacker. She owns a bakery that is struggling. Unfortunately there is an investment firm buying up all the businesses around her to build a hotel in their place.
In walks "The Closer" Logan
Eileen Robinson
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Elipheleta ( I have no idea how to pronounce this name) is normal sweet girl, and owner of a struggling cupcake cafe. Lip's life has taken twists and turn, with the loss of her parents, and life with her grandma has always been good. But now its taking a turn. a big developer has come to town and wants to buy her dream, she's not for selling !!
The Deal Closer is brought in and Lip is thrown into chaos, as it's Logan Heath, her High School Crush !
I loved this story, the chemistry between Lip and
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Sweeter than sugar. Better than a cupcake. More adorable than a baby unicorn and all the rainbows. Hilarious. Guaranteed to hit you right in the feels. Lip Smacker is just all the things! I laughed, cried and swooned like crazy while reading this! Between the adorable and hilarious banter that went on between Logan and Lip and one of the BEST HEA’s ever it’s impossible to not fall in love with this book.
Lip is this adorable, quirky, feisty sweetheart that I instantly loved. The bond she had with
Kari Hansen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is nothing that Lip wouldn’t do for her Grandmother and that includes putting her heart and soul into the bakery that they own. Even though it is a struggle financially she is determined to turn their fortunes around and is determined not to accept the offer that they have received to purchase the building even if it comes from her high school crush.

When Logan arrives to convince the bakery owner to sell, he is surprised to find out that it is a girl he went to high school with. They find
Sunny Shelly Reads
This is the first book I've read by Alison G. Bailey, so I didn't know quite what to expect. It was fun and quirky, even if I had to stretch my imagination at times for the logistics of the story. If you were ever the nerdy, dorky teen who dreamed of dating the hot guy at school, then you will totally relate to Lip. (Her name cracked me up!)

There is great banter between Lip and Logan, and the enemies-to-lovers aspect of this story works well. Logan is a pretty swoon-worthy book boyfriend, and
S
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are in a mood for a feel good and a fun sweet book with no added drama than this is the book . It was super cute , fun & entertaining read with no nuisances of bad characters or drama to drag the story. Logan and Lip’s characters were realistic and relatable. I loved their chemistry and banter. The story is heartwarmingly beautiful and I was left craving for more of Logan & Lip even after the story ended . It was like having a slice of chocolate cake that I indulged in one ...more
Virginia
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of Alison’s books and she did not disappoint with Lip Smacker. This story was sweet and a lot of fun. It had me laughing and swooning and enjoying every minute.

There was witty banter, chemistry and romance, and a little angst. I loved the characters. They were well developed and realistic. Lip was independent and strong and Logan was definitely book boyfriend material.

This story is told in Lips’ point of view and is a complete standalone. And I loved it!!

An arc was provided for
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
This is my first book from Alison and I can say I so enjoyed it! Lip and Logan is a cute, sweet, funny story . It revolves around Lip and her grandmother's bakery and Logan appearing wanting to purchase the building. She may have a bit of a crush on Logan in high school but lost track of him until her floundering bakery ended up being in the building he wants to buy! They aren't really enemies but Lip does not want to give up what it hers. Logan is man who gets what he wants and it seem the ...more
Pamela
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lip is a nickname that Elipheleta hates but with such an unusual name what can you do? She moves to a new place and attends another high school where the star quarterback Logan is king. She admires him from afar as she doesn't have the confidence to approach him. Fast forward a few years and Lip is working in her grandmother's bakery. Logan shows up to try to convince Lip's grandmother to sell her bakery to the investment company he works for now. This story is a feel good romance with serious ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lip Smacker is my first read by Alison G. Bailey. It was a fun, quirky story that I enjoyed reading.
Lip and Logan are a cute couple, and even though they started off as kinda enemies it didn’t last long. Logan knew what he wanted and pursued Lip with the intention of winning her. He was sweet and kind and just the right amount of alpha.
I liked their push and pull and the witty banter and loved how the epilogue gave us so much more than usual.
Isha Coleman
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
My one click pile just got a little bit bigger. Alison G. Bailey was never on my radar before, but boy does she make an impression. Lip Smacker packs all the feels inside of an irresistible story. From awkward teen years to adult heartache, Bailey gives emotions something worth investing in. Lip and Logan were a joyful, breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see what else this author has up her sleeve.
Aim
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two words! Logan. Heath. He had my heart swooning with just the right words to say. Just when you kinda wanted to hate him, he became every girls dream. Lip came to be someone who I wanted as my best friend. She’s been through some terrible heartache and I just wanted to be there for her! Their chemistry together was off the charts! You don’t want to miss this charming story! I highly recommend!
Katie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, Lip and Logan. They were perfect together. All the emotions made me feel like I was living in this story. I felt for the characters, laughed, and swooned. So many heartwarming moments. I highly recommend this book. It’s a perfect read!
Kim
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars...
This is a story about life...the good, the bad, the infuriating, and the sad. The characters have pasts that have shaped them. And now they are about to be put head to head over a business deal. Only one can be the winner, right? Or can they both win in the end?

Elipheleta Smacker aka Lip is a strongwilled, smart, and caring bakery owner. She has loss in her past and is very close to her grandmother. She takes great pride in the business they have created together. But they are also
Joanna
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Now here you come along all charming—“
“You think I’m charming?” He smiled a dazzling smile.
“You, sir, are a Trojan horse.”

This was highly entertaining, swoonworthy and super sweet! What a cute romance. This was my first read by Alison G. Bailey and it definitely won’t be my last. I really enjoyed how well fleshed out her characters are and how she tells their story.

“Play it cool, Lip. You know him. But he doesn’t know you know him.”

Elipheleta Smacker has had a crush on Logan Heath since she was
bookreviewer_98
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A huge thank you to Alison Bailey for this ARC.
I should probably start by saying that I am a long-time fan of the author. I had read her books since so many years and I absolutely love her 'Perfect' series and 'Crazy Sexy Love'. So when I received this ARC, I was happy for the chance.
This story starts when 'Lip' aka Elipheleta Smacker and the bakery that she runs with her grandmother who was her only family left and the bakery that was their dream come true. Since the bakery was not so hot
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Outmatched
  • Enemies
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It Book 1)
  • Hate Crush
  • Once Upon A Holiday
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
  • Your Christmas Love (The Bennett Family #10)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • I'm Yours
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Dangerous Game: An Armed & Dangerous/Circle of Justice Crossover Novel
Alison G. Bailey is an award winning, Amazon and International bestselling author living in Charleston, South Carolina. At an early age she fell in love with writing, reworking scenes from her favorite TV shows and movies with new dialogue. Alison wrote and produced several stage plays before turning her sights on the book world.

Under the influence of a copious amount of Diet Pepsi and nonstop