Start by marking “Book of the Bloodless Volume 1: Alternative Afterlives” as Want to Read:
Book of the Bloodless Volume 1: Alternative Afterlives

Book of the Bloodless Volume 1: Alternative Afterlives

Christopher Fielden is an award-winning and Amazon bestselling author. His work has featured in books published by independent press, established magazines and renowned competition anthologies.

Book of the Bloodless Volume 1: Alternative Afterlives is a collection of Chris’s short stories, many of which have won awards. Chris’s work is known for being imaginativ
Expected publication: November 30th 2019 by Victorina Press

To ask other readers questions about Book of the Bloodless Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of the Bloodless Volume 1

Sara Rebotim
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very creative and funny short stories about death and afterlife . Absolutely loved every story in this book without get bored ! it’s impossible not like it !! Can’t wait for more 😍
4 stars
Gail Everett
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy, horror and humour come together perfectly in this collection of short stories by Chris Fielden. Expect the unexpected – the weird and the wacky, the twists and turns as the plot develops, and the surreal surprises all work together to make this book an interesting experience. Be careful if you’re reading it in the presence of anyone else – there were several moments when my face must have been a picture, several others when I laughed out loud, and one famous occasion when I thought they ...more
Lynda Nash
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such an easy book to read because Fieldon's prose is feather-light. The stories are original, cliche-less and quirky - and if you think you can guess the direction they are going then you'd be wrong. Characters are well drawn and I ofen found myself rooting for the 'wrong' person - in Death of A Superhero I actually felt sorry for Death. The humour is subtle and stories deserve more than one read to take everything in, but some, such as Shot In The Head And Left For Dead, made me laugh o ...more
Steph Minns
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris always entertains with his humorous fantasy stories. Guaranteed to bring a chuckle and often a little thought provoking too, I thoroughly recommend this collection. Chris also offers story writing advice via his website and runs an annual short story competition.
Lesley Truchet
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Review by Lesley Anne Truchet

Book of the Bloodless Volume One – Alternative Afterlives, by Christopher Fielden

I don’t enjoy reading extended descriptive passages in writing and tend to skim them. That was until I read this book. In my opinion, it takes a great deal of skill to write long descriptions which hold the reader’s attention. Mr Fielden does it brilliantly:
‘An abundance of plant and animal life can be found near a beach, and, more often than not, a ple
Steven Jenkins
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review of Christopher Fielden’s book, Alternative Afterlives, Book of the Bloodless Vol 1.
Alternative Afterlives is a fantastic collection of short stories. Really. You don’t believe me? Read it then. You can try to disagree with me from an informed position.
But I reckon that after you’ve read this collection of short stories you’ll agree that these tales are stunning. Simplistic and fantastical in the same dimension. Scary and hilarious. Deep and superficially funny.
My favourite is
K.M. Elkes
Shelves: short-stories
You may expect a book about death to be a sombre affair, but Christopher Fielden finds the comic potential in even the most macabre of situations. This book, written with economy and energy, is a fresh take on the pitfalls and pratfalls of the afterlife.
Horror, fantasy and comedy combine in a collection of stories that range from phantom feeders in El Paso to zombie ninja knitting circles. Many of them play with incongruity to achieve their wry humour, bringing creatures from the folklore of He
Lynn Zeleski
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Book of the Bloodless: Alternate Afterlife, Volume 1” now there’s an eye catcher! What if the stories we are told about the afterlife are wrong? If not heaven, hell or oblivion, what else could there be? Christopher Fielden brings us a smorgasbord of delectable, thought provoking, fun tales that explore that very possibility. Full of unexpected characters, O’Henry like twists, and sublime drawings, this page turner will take you on a fantastic journey through alternate realities. Don’t worry th ...more
Susannah
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A devilishly good collection of laugh out loud funny, exquisitely written short tales of the macabre. Fielden has a talent for combining humour, fantasy and imagination in his writing that reminds you of Pratchett - though without any hint of imitation. These stories are brilliantly written, take you on a real journey into alternate worlds, and make you question your own. Highly recommended read.
Paul Mastaglio
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A varied range of stories depicting death with Chris's imagination in overdrive. My favourites were 'Death of a Superhero' featuring an amusing confrontation between the deceased, Doris, and the character, Death. Also I loved 'The Ninja Zombie Knitting Circle'. The title alone was hilarious but the story hinted at something dreadful happening. Another good one was 'The El Paso Phantom Feeder'. A tense tale that had you on the edge of your seat. There's something for everybody here: Humour, tensi ...more
Christopher
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ann Leander
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was outside my comfort reading zone with Alternative Afterlives but hooked from the very first story. Christopher Fielden combines the almost domestic to the grim and whacky and in measured, understated tones, draws us into a dark and zany world. Yet the fearsome monsters that populate these stories are oddly human. Humour adds to the bizarre and I rarely stopped chuckling throughout this book. I read Alternative Afterlives in almost one sitting and I'll be looking out for Volume 2.
Richard Willsea