Start by marking “Lullaby of Flames” as Want to Read:
Lullaby of Flames

Lullaby of Flames

A novelette:

Cori has always been a bit on the strange side, but when a gate to Hell—literally—pops up in her backyard, she tumbles down, down, down in to a place filled with beasts waiting to reap her soul for the Devil himself.

39 pages
Expected publication: December 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lullaby of Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lullaby of Flames

Start your review of Lullaby of Flames
James
Cori is your typical teenager who's struggling with making friends at school, wishes she could be more like her TV idols, and loves music. One day, while strumming along on her guitar, something weird happens outside her house... before long, she's plummeting to the depths of hell. That's when her troubles actually begin!

Lullaby of Flames is a short story by Candace Robinson due out just as 2020 approaches. I was able to snag an early copy and enjoyed this one immensely. Not only are we treated
Candace Robinson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a short story with a little inspiration from Alice in Wonderland, The Gate, Labyrinth, and some new stuff! I had fun writing this one!
Dianne
Candace Robinson is back, sharing another slightly twisted tale and this time it is her own dark and quirky take on Alice in Wonderland’s journey down the rabbit hole and she has more to worry about than just the Queen of Hearts. LULLABY OF FLAMES is a quick read that will have readers following Cori, the misfit, struggling with more than the misadventures of just being a teen.

Unlike Alice, the hole Cori plunged into led to the Gates of Hell, demonic creatures craving her soul for the Devil
Ann Keeran
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet little novella that takes place in a terrible area. A group of people from different decades need to work together to discover a way home. Lots of surprises, not all pleasant! Candace Robinson has created a real gem!
Amber Hodges
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short story that packs a punch! I found myself reading and not able to stop until i found out what happened next. A real original treat to the heaven and hell tales. I found myself thinking about the story well after finishing the last page trying to figure out how things might happen if the story kept going. Such a treat!
Alexa Whitewolf
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short story will take you down an adventurous path as a young girl, Cori, finds out Hell isn't exactly what she thought it was. A mix of Alice in Wonderland, the Gate and Labyrinth, the story sucks you in from the first pages with an unexpected twist, and be ready to continue being hooked until the end! Did NOT see the end coming!!
Awesome mix of fantasy, horror and adventure wrapped into a neat package full of thrills!
Donna
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, young-adult
A unique short story with lots of action, twists, turns and surprises. Written skillfully, with originality and imagery that pulls you in and doesn’t let you go until the end.

I had so much fun reading this short horror story. I honestly could NOT put it down. I love Cori and Rigel.
Siobhan
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m someone who much prefers a tome over a short read. When offered the choice of a thousand-page story or a hundred-page story, I always go for the former. In fact, I’m very selective about the shorter stories I read. Unless I enjoy the author’s work or have heard really good things about the story, I tend to stay away.

With Lullaby of Flames, we have a story I completed in under half hour. It’s a quick read, one you can devour in no time at all, but it’s one that keeps you hooked throughout. In
Hayley
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to assume this isn't just a short story and that it is in fact some sort of prequel/back story... I. Need. More! *stomps foot* And I am fully prepared to go all Cathy Bates on Mrs Robinsons ankles until we get a full blown novel with Cori and lilith ...more
C. Lewis
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this prequel to a full length novel. Did you get that, Candace? FULL LENGTH NOVEL (series). The story was interesting and so engaging. Taking a tour of (spoiler) and seeing the inner workings had me captivated. And the end, I can't lie to you, had me yelling at the author. I want what happened to be undone. PERIOD! And I want you to bring (spoiler) back to help. If a short story can invoke this kind of emotion, you best believe it's GOOD!!!! ...more
S.G.D. Singh
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun little nightmare. ...more
Amber R. Duell
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of beta reading this and loved it! It's fast-paced and Candace's voice is spot on for the story being told.
Emma Katherine
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: So far, I have been impressed with Candace Robinson's work, but this was outstanding! I usually dislike short stories, but Robinson wrote this magnificently. The characters are realistic, described thoroughly, and connectable; they were the main reason I loved Lullaby of Flames. The setting was also fantastic, mostly because of the surprise factor! Robinson did a fantastic job including religious settings and figures
laura8759
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Thank you so much to Candace Robinson for the pdf download of lullaby of flames about the book .....

A novelette:

Lucky for Cori, she meets Rigel and his gang of misfits who have been trapped for quite a bit. Together, they must formulate a plan to escape, or risk remaining down below
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2019
Okay this is one of my new favorite takes on Alice in Wonderland story right up there with Splintered. Only this is more dark and creepy and just PERFECT for this time of the year. The writing is awesome, really painting this picture of the world in your mind so vividly. Cori was wonderful! All in all, a wonderful short story! So glad I got the chance to read this one!
Janet Womack
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lullaby of Flames is a short story by Candace Robinson. It's short enough to read in one sitting. The book kept my interest. But, the ending left me wanting to know what happens next. I think Candace could make this a great book or series.
meghann
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This was such a great short story. I loved Cori and her love of things from my childhood--the girl has good taste. She was also brave, which did not work out too well for her. NEVER go to investigate that strange noise. I really enjoyed the group she teamed up with in Hell, and I could not put this story down until I finished it. Ooh that ending.

***I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this ARC.***
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
A quick and intriguing read. It kept me turning the pages and wanting to know what came next.
Gerardo Delgadillo
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LULLABY OF FLAMES is a world-of-the-weird, engaging short story that messes with your brain. Enter Cori, a not-that-ordinary girl who lives an ordinary life. When she falls into the wrong place, a la Alice in Wonderland, she enters an insane world full of imagination--creatures, colors, and horrible beings that'll hunt you in you dreams.

This horror short has a Dantesque, dream-like quality that reminds me of What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson. If you're a fan of horror, don't miss reading
Dave Wickenden
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Give the Devil his due!

I’m sure you’ve told someone to “Go to Hell!” But have you ever really thought about where you were sending them. Well, here’s a great glimpse of what might be in store for whoever you curse to hell/
Meet Cori; a regular teen trying to fit in. When a hole opens up in her backyard, she falls into the pit only to find that others have also been trapped in Hell. With their help, Cori must escape the fiery nether world or be trapped forever. With demons and hell hounds
Amanda Hagerty
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before I go into my review and thoughts. I want to say thank you to the author for ebook arc in return for honest review and my thoughts. Well this is a short story but to me didn’t feel like short story. Wasn’t disappointed and the writing amazing. When I read Candace books I never know what to expect because she writes about things that are so much different. Highly recommend this book it is short story and quick. Book comes out January 2020
About book
Cori is a young girl who one night hanging
Tracy Auerbach
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a story where a girl is surprised by the opening of a pit that sucks here down into literal hell...
As always, Robinson pulls no punches, and her descriptions of everything g that Cori endures are heartbreaking and intense. The story doesn’t end the way I thought it would, which is always a nice surprise in an age where so many stories are formulaic and predictable.
MRS C MARSHALL
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author I found.
I have read the book and giving my honest review.
Boy this was creepy and I enjoyed to the end.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did
R.J. Garcia
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With hell hounds, demons and twists and turns, this face-paced story is the perfect blend of horror and magic. This is the perfect read for Halloween or anytime you want to read a cool and creepy tale.
Kattie
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erica Lyn Burden
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lullaby of Flames is a run through absolute darkness. It's heart-wrenching to watch such lively and brilliant characters from different backgrounds face those kinds of odds, but it's also very fun. The main character is downright adorable, and the mythology woven throughout is creative and memorable. It's a nice, fast, gothic style read with a twisted storyline!
Victoria
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, quick read! Loved it.
Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via the author, Candace Robinson in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! In no way does this affect my rating or review.

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.
Once the Devil has your soul, there’s no getting it back. No matter how good you are.

Well, wasn’t this a little ditty!? This quick, short story/retelling was quite something. A mix between The Gate (which I am completely unfamiliar with,) Labyrinth,
Didi Oviatt
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This bite sized delight is such a blast. Talk about thought provoking!! Cori is a teen girl, who's a bit of an outcast. Which is silly, even to her, because her personality is dynomite. She's secure, down to earth, comfortable with herself, and packed with quick wit. When she comes upon a strange happening in her yard, she winds up falling into a pit to hell... I know, shocker, right?!

Once down there, nothing is as expected. Yes, the ceiling is made of fire, and there are burning beasts of
Jess
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow.... I'm at a loss for words! Even though this was a short novella, it packed a punch and Candace made me breathless. It had everything you wouldn't expect to go together- Alice in Wonderland meets a beautiful horror.

We meet Cori, a lonely misfit, who doesn't fit in with "society." But as she travels down a hole to a mysterious place full of horror and wonder, she becomes transformed into a beautiful strong young lady. She views things with a new light and takes away from things a different

• The Call of Death
  • In the Heart of Babylon
  • Deadly Harvest
  • The Kennedy Boys Box Set (Books 4 - 7)
  • To Wake The Dead (The Dead Dreamer Series Book 2)
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Dark Celebrations
  • Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #2)
  • Caged (Talented Saga, #2)
  • Mark of the Empress (The Empire Saga #2)
  • Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5, #5.5)
  • The Party Crasher
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Dark Consort (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #2)
  • When Stars Are Bright
  • Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1)
  • Maggie's Man (Family Secrets, #1)
I spend my days consumed by words and hoping to one day find my own DeLorean time machine. My life consists of avoiding migraines, admiring Bonsai trees, watching classic movies, and living with my husband and daughter in Texas—where it can be forty degrees one day and eighty the next!

Sign up for my newsletter to hear about awesome things! http://eepurl.com/dhV0yv