Start by marking “Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)” as Want to Read:
Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)

Boys of Summer

(Hot Off the Ice #5)

Teammates, roommates, friends with benefits. What could go wrong?

Boys of Summer is a book about finding the perfect person to ride shotgun with on the crazy road trip called life. It contains a Dolly Parton lookalike, an unfortunate deer versus car incident, and poorly-timed epiphanies.

Everybody leaves. That was the first lesson Thunder goalie James McVicker ever

Published September 28th 2019 by Kelpie Press

To ask other readers questions about Boys of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys of Summer

Start your review of Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

I am such a fan of this series and the guys in the books. AE W keeps the stories fresh with every book.

Vicky and Paddy have to be my favorite couple of them all. But I think I missed a book before this one so we'll see. I definitely need to go back and read it. Back to Vicky and Paddy. They are the best of friends who have been riding a flirtatious line only one was noticing. But when Vicky points out Paddy's behavior to him, it's like a coming to Jesus moment. They both admit they're
Alisa

They were sweet together & there was a road trip.
Elle Kay
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This novel is intricately layered and richly complex with multiple story-lines weaving seamlessly together. There’s the road trip, the hockey aspects, Vicky’s grandfather, Paddy’s extended family (& they are as marvellous as always) and, centre to it all, the relationship and all the confusion, joy, heartbreak and self-discovery this entails. The entire book is a roller coaster of emotion, with Wasp artfully pulling the reader from angst to tears-streaming-down-your-face laughter; from
Lori
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really have a soft spot for AE Wasp's books and I can't point my finger on just why. I mean they're usually funny and this one was hysterical with big man-children with the senses of humor of 12 year olds, which is right up my alley. Her books are usually low-medium angst which is good for my nerves because as much as I like high-angst books, they make me nervous as hell.

Patrick and Vicky were unbearably sweet with a lot of sexy times. I love a good road trip and this book did not disappoint.
Anne Donaldson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These characters have become friends! This book shows Vicky and Patrick’s burgeoning relationship – one Patrick didn’t know he wanted and one that terrified Vicky who was only used to people abandoning him. Vicky is so vulnerable, and the love he gets from everyone in the story is more than heartwarming. And Patrick – he’s so gorgeous as he realizes he’s in love with Vicky. And we get to revisit so many of the other characters – Liam, and Joey, and Bryce, and Dakota – and that road trip is one ...more
Mrs.V
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is pure perfection, just like the rest of the series, but it may be my new favourite!
Vicky and Paddy are so freaking adorable and cute and funny together and so adorably clueless in their "oh, no, we're just friends, I'm not in love with him, it's not like that"...
I loved the road trip they take together and all the shenanigans they get up to!
I am completely and utterly in love with the combined O'Reilly-Luciano clan (coming from a big Italian family it's kinda reading about home).
So,
Leci Forde
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

This was an awesome friends to lovers story! I love romance books featuring hockey players and this was a really good one! Vicky and Patrick were inseparable! They were best friends then best friends with benefits...until they fell in love...no spoilers but it was an excellent summer adventure!
BR11
4 and 1/2 stars
Recommend!
Becky
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just so good

I love A E Wasp and I love the O'Reilly/Luciano family and watching Patrick and Vicky figure things outwash so great.
This also a great road trip book: a few I've read felt like the author just really wanted to write about specific places and it felt superfluous to the story; this road trip allows you to watch these guys fall in love and witness how it changes from friendship love to love love.
LauraSt
5 STARS

Patrick and Vicky have stolen my heart Wasp does it again, and engaging, funny, adorable and sexy story. Jesus was it HOT! The description of the scenes was tantalizing, shiver inducing and simply awesome. The family Luciano’s and O’s were AMAZING! And Patrick and Vicky’s dynamic was explosive but also beautiful and pure and GOD I just loved this!
Not only that but we find out about ALL the other couples in this series, which made it even more perfect!
Devoted♥Reader
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wishes do come true

“I didn’t know angels could curse.” So many funny one-liners in this book. The banter between Paddy and Vicky is amusing, sexy and sweet; even though they are both so stubborn about their feelings for each other. I love how Paddy has a special nickname all of his own for Vicky. The hotel scene, so so hot, but I also couldn’t stop laughing. Same thing with the truck stop and that grandma is cool. I’m not a fan of camping but after this book it just might be my favorite thing.

Alexleo
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love all books of the Hot Off the Ice series and this is surely great addition. Vicky&Paddy are best friends, teammates and on-off roommates. The book follows them on their road trip during off-season, spending time in the great outdoors and at wedding parties. This is also a way to test their friend-with-benefits relationship, a new experience for Patrick who has always considered himself straight. Vicky has some more experience with men, but Paddy quickly proves to be very imaginative ...more
Sarita Chapdelaine
Shelves: arc
This is another excellent addition to the Hot Off the Ice series and I love everything about this book. I was fully engaged from the very first page and I could not put it down. Boys of Summer is beautifully written, sweet, hilarious, emotional, has a fun road trip, several weddings, one of the cutest couples ever and all of the characters are simply amazing. Patrick and Vicky are perfect for each other but it seems that they are the only ones not aware that their connection is way deeper then ...more
Miriah
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

This author writes great characters and great stories. I love that the characters aren’t only hockey players, but we see them play hockey, and deal with hockey/related things like contracts. As with previous books, I really think the author could benefit from an editor/better editor, as there are some distracting grammatical mistakes yet again, as well as some minor personality continuity issues with the characters.

Still, the characters were wonderful with just the right amount of
Mary Mary
* I was gifted a copy of this amazing story in exchange for an honest review *

I love A.E. Wasp's books, her writing style and "Hot off the ice" series is one of my favorite <3
This is a great addition to this amazing series about hockey players in love. It is a real page turner, it's hard to stop reading. All O’Reilly and Luciano family members are pretty awesome, but I can understand that such a big family can be more than just a little bit overwhelming for a poor Vicky. I loved his story, I
LostForReal
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
There are two ways to approach my feelings to this book:

a/ it took me days, if not more than a week, to finish it
(that btw usually means it was not great but not bad enough to delete or I was too curious to let go)

or

b/ I chopped my reading time of this book into way too many parts and I still liked it every time I opened it
(but I read it in... unsuitable environment which is my fault)

So now I am not entirely sure whether this book is so great it survived terrible odds it was put up against or
Angie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Friends to Lovers Hockey MM

3 stars!

Here we finally have Patrick and Vickey's romance! This story is set in the off season so limited hockey.

I felt like the build up was slow. These 2 were in a fairly unchanging friends with benefits situation for around 70% of the book. I felt like that could have been shaved down or more action added to keep us interested.

I really appreciated Patty's innocence. I liked that he was just a good boy. I didn't feel like the awakening was explored enough for my
Kk
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars Baby !!!

Huh...Well getting passed the first chptr, you would think that Patrick was all about riding Vicky and seeing to his Bi side. Yet, as the book progressed Patrick came off as straddling the line to stay straight.

I guess if the pot smoking had been left out, it wouldn't have been so easy for Vicky to discount the sex and what he felt. Not sure I like the subliminal that drugs be used as a crutch for uncomfortable feelings.

All in all, its a great book and so much better than the
Annie Elm
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
This is one of my favourite hockey series and I love the previous couples.
So good to see how far Bryce and Dakota has come, to see the big Russian Sergei and his sassy figure skater Alex and of course my favourite couple Liam and Joey.
And now there's Paddy and Vicky, teammates and best friends who after Patrick discovers that's he's curious starts a friends with benefits relationship.
And just as oblivious as Patrick is to the amount of flirting he's doing with James (Vicky) just as
Robazizo
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, sports
I hadn't expected another book in this series, so this was a nice surprise! And I think it's my favourite of them all. Paddy, Vicky and their romance were adorable. Paddy reminded me of a happy puppy and my heart went out to Vicky several times. I loved the inclusion of the O'Reilly and Luciano gang throughout and the fact that Vicky got to experience love and family on a grand scale. Bonus points for the lovely weddings of Bryce and Dakota and Nanna Brigit and Nonno Lollo!
Bobbi
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Boys of Summer, Hot Off The Ice book five by A. E. Wasp. Love this book! Love this series! Love this author! This book was fantastic! I love Vicky and Paddy! But I really can’t pick a favorite in this series. I love them all! I love reading about the O’Reilly and Luciano family. What a group. I don’t know if there will be any more books in this series but if there are I will be reading them.
Pjm12
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It all felt fast and furious, and they seemed so young (ah to be that young and fearless again).

I have read all the other books, and I still got all the boys mixed up. But I loved the weddings and the road trip, and these silly boys' attempts to convince themselves (coz they weren't convincing us or the other characters) that this is all just fun.

But it is also fun.

Will there be more? Hope so.
Snorf
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
So fucking cute. I loved this one. I think it spent too much time on the side characters, but aside from that just....I melted. These dumb idiots didn't realize they were dating for, like, 3 months before they came to their senses. Just ... I love them. They're morons and I love them.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Squishy feels

Amy Wasp is one of a very few favorite writers of hockey romance, avoiding tired cliches with refreshing storylines. The families are marvelous and hella funny. A joy to read.
Angel
Shelves: arc, mm
This book (and the whole series, really) was so good. I loved these characters... best friends that fell for each other without realizing it. They were perfect for each other and had amazing chemistry. Definitely recommended!
Raven
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better. The fun banter and chemistry is perfect. All the boys make up a great book family you just want to belong too. All the emotions were hit with this one. I strongly recommend!
Becky
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Vicky and Paddy's story was funny, sweet, and sometimes sad. I loved their journey. One of my favorite things is visiting with the two families and all the couples from the previous books. Please tell me there will be more books in the series!
Anna
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book from beginning to end - sweet, funny and sexy with welcome cameos by characters from the other books in the series.
Simera
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet friends to lovers story. Vicky and Patrick are teammates and on a summer cross country road trip discover that they are just more than friends.
This is a overall warm cozy read.
Denae
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wnf-meh
If the puck coming at the goalie is going thirty mph they are playing a seriously weak shooter. Current record is 108.8 mph by Chara. Also the pacing was poor and I got bored.

• Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Fake Boyfriend Breakaways (Fake Boyfriend #2.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Rocket Science
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Hot Off the Ice (5 books)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)