Start by marking “The Love Playbook” as Want to Read:
The Love Playbook

The Love Playbook

When Avery Stone learns her dad will be fired if his high school team doesn’t make the playoffs, she has to get her head out of her day planner and do something—anything—to help him win. Even if it means secretly coaching the team’s newest player, who seems to have more game than skill.

Lucas Black just transferred to Hillside with a fake name and a big secret. The MVP of
Published November 4th 2019 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about The Love Playbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Playbook

Start your review of The Love Playbook
D.M.
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t see this story coming. Luca has lost everything but is determined to get a glimpse of what he could have. Avery is the girl who is struggling to function. Her daily planner marks down every activity from morning to night. She doesn’t have time for Luca, but if she wants to save her dads job some of her day has got to give.

The love playbook is a romance with a difference. Both characters are broken but the fix is anything but straightforward. This is a story of moving on. Changing to
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, contemporary, ya, romance
Avery's family was still recovering from her mother's sudden death, when she learned her father's job was on the line. She wasn't sure how to guarantee his football team made the playoffs, but she knew they had a better chance with Lucas on the team.

Lucas was just trying to lie low after being run out of his last school. He shouldn't have been playing ball, but he just needed that small part of himself to help ease the pain of all he lost. He just never expected someone like Avery would waltz
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Shelves: 4-stars

Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, Sports

Third Person, dual-POV

This is a standalone book with HEA.

He'd lost his place at college, lost all his football ability, lost his ability to speak to girls, lost his car-okay, just its wheels, but still-lost his home, lost his friends, lost his iPhone, lost his MacBook Pro, and his mom had lost her job.

by Lucas

Addictiveness:5/5This was an easy read with lovable characters and a plot that kept me interested until the end.It was a cute, fun read. As

Aneesa
Received a copy in exchange for a fair review thank you to Chapter Books. I really loved this book, it has been a while since I have last read anything. I always find something interesting to read but I don't have the time to read, I am hoping that changes next year. I am currently in final year so this was a nice break from it to read the book.

I loved both Avery and Lucas, I found myself constantly wanting to mother them (which is new for me) especially Avery I can't imagine losing a parent
Lindy
My Thoughts:

The Love Playbook was a sweet and fun read! Lucas has transferred to Hillside High School. Football is his passion, but after he got caught taking expensive gifts from a university, he is banned from ever playing again. He decides to fly under the radar by playing for a small town football team where he won't get noticed. However, all of a sudden, he can't seem to catch the ball!

Avery, the coache's daughter, agrees to help Lucas improve his game. She overheard a secret conversation
Yahaira
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for an honest review. i voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. all thoughts and opinions are my own.

not gonna lie, the beginning was a bit slow but it picked up pretty quickly.

the synopsis for this book was pretty straight forward but i was not expecting so much secrecy! it had me at the edge of my seat waiting for the ball to drop (HA!).

avery and lucas were so oblivious it was frustrating. gotta love insta love stories that
Born To Read
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I've just finished this sweet book. Lucas and Avery will melt your heart.
After being on the spotlight for an scandal, Lucas and his mom move to a small town.
And there, he meets Avery, the football coach's daughter.
Both of them have secrets. And the more they keep them, the more their dreams are in danger.
It's a story very easy to read.
Sascha
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars

This review is going to be short and (probably not) sweet as I didn’t like The Love Playbook by Suze Winegardner and won’t belabor the point.

It’s very rare that I don’t enjoy an Entangled Crush novel. While they might not have the depth of Sarah Dessen YA novels, they can be relied on to entertain. Sometimes that’s all you want and need.

read more: https://saschadarlington.me/2019/11/0...
Sara Oxton
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Love Playbook by Suze Winegardner a four-star read that you will be desperate to read. This could have been five-stars, I just felt that it took so long to go anywhere. Lucas broke my heart, he has such a strong story, one that will stay with me, he deserves his happily ever after, but you will have to read it to see if he gets one. Avery was good, she has that special something and the flashcards, they deserve a special mention. I will definitely be looking for this author again as the ...more
Karen
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Not entirely sure it was realistic but still an interesting and different high school football
story.
Brooke
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-won
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion and review. I LOVED this book. I’m a sucker for a football love story. I can’t tell you why but it’s true. I loved Avery’s character and how strong of a person she is. Lucas was perfect, I loved how he cared about Lexi when she had had too much to drink. It’s really important to me that he felt that way. This is a perfect feel-good story.
Faerie Queen  Lee
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Avery and Lucas. They’re the same yet different. Both are struggling with their own problems but have to come together to try and solve a very big problem.

Avery is still struggling with the death of her month a year after it happened with the help of her brother and her father who happens to be the football coach at the local high school. The only way she can cope is with the help of her daily planner that has her every move written down from when she wakes up and until she
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids & YA Too!
This is an unabashedly romantic high school football story. Lucas and Avery trade-off points of view through the story which I've decided I really enjoy. It allows me to see how they are both feeling, beyond "just the facts ma'am". LOL

Avery is a real sweetheart, wanting to both help her Dad and Lucas. Lucas has a bad news bears background but with her love and kindness, I kept hoping it would make a big difference in his life going forward.

Loads of angst and drama but some of that comes from
Diane McConnell
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
A little bit of love with some angst!

Lucas Black and his mom had moved to Hillside to start over where nobody knew who he was when the college that had been giving him money on the side while he was high school was caught and given a large fine. Avery Stone needed to help Lucas improve his game so the team would make the playoff and save her dad’s job so they wouldn’t have to move. Avery was still trying to deal with the sudden death of her mom by planning almost every second of the day and she
Melena Torretta
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley-arcs
The Love Playbook by Size Winegardner was a fast paced YA read.

Lucas and Avery are both dealing with a lot. For Lucas it is huge changes in his and his mother's lives after everything fell apart. For Avery it is the death of her mother and knowing her father might lose his job as the head coach of the high school football team.

The characters and story were interesting and kept my attention. I think having dual POV here was important because of what Lucas and Avery were both struggling with. The
Amitis
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves teen romances
Recommended to Amitis by: Me
The Love Playbook was a good book, but unfortunately it was not great and nor did it stand out from any other book. The character building was great and they were realistic, however there was no chemistry between Lucas and Avery. It just felt bland, and a bit too sudden. One minute they were just friends that were attracted to each other but haven’t come to accept it and the other they were making out. This just didn’t make sense for me. Another thing that bothered me was the planners and all of ...more
Kendal
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book started off slow, but picked up quickly. I love football and books about football, so I fell for Lucas and Avery's story hard. By the end, I couldn't stop the tears. There is a lot of past heartache for both of the main characters, and I loved seeing them help each other overcome the heartaches.
I did find myself loving the side characters. I would love to see Lexi get her own book, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with it. I don't want to give too much away, so go pick up this book
Emma Kiely
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to thank Netgalley for providing me with this book in exchange for my honest review.

I have to say I honestly really enjoyed this book.
The whole storyline totally drew me in.
Avery and Lucas were really relatable characters who were going through a lot and helped each other.
The romance was amazing and at the start it felt very insta lovey but it grew and developed beautifully.
The writing was witty and hilarious at times I really enjoyed it.
Overall an amazing book that shows the power of
Colleen's Conclusions
I really need to start taking notes when I read ARC books, but I am so focused on enjoying the books and getting into it and I just don’t think about it. Anyway, The Love Playbook was a short, sweet read.

It was fast paced and I really liked all of the characters in it and how everybody seemed to look out for each other in the small town. I liked Avery’s twin, Colin. I liked how loyal they were to each other. I wasn’t a fan of all of the secrets Lucas was keeping from everybody, but I liked how
Becky Rendon
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The Love Playbook is a sweet story about second chances. A second chance at life and living.

Lucas messed up. Big time. He changed his life and his mother's... and not for the better. Now he's halfway across the state trying all over again. But lessons learned don't come easy, and Lucas has more learning to do.

Avery is struggling. She lives by her planner. Life is mapped out in 10 minutes increments. Anything else is too much...especially a hunky player in need of help with his game.

Sweet and
Trudy Dalton
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was graciously sent to me for review via e-copy by NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

The plot for this book is interesting. The idea of a young woman doing what it takes to help her father, the football coach, out is a classic. The storyline shows promise but I didn’t connect to any of the characters. I didn’t feel any depth from them, so it made it hard for me to read most of this book even though the plot is exciting.
Thank you for the copy.
Lovely Loveday
The Love Playbook by Suze Winegardner is a lovely young adult romance that is sure to take you away to high school and that sexy football player who everyone loves. This swoon-worthy read is sure to keep you up at night turning the pages as quickly as possible.Winegardner's writing style pulls you in from the beginning and holds your attention until the very ending all while leaving you wanting more. ...more
Becky
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Teen for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was technically my first sports romance and while I didn’t fully know what to expect, I really enjoyed it and definitely want to read more of them.

That being said, this was definitely more than just a sports romance. It was a story about second chances and forgiveness. The ultimate outcome wasn’t about football or scholarships but accepting what has been and learning to move on
Tammy
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
For me there wasn't enough dialogue in the book. I would have liked to see more verbal interaction between Avery and Lucas and even Lucas and the team. Due to the lack of dialogue I didn't get as invested in them as a couple as I would have liked.
Melanie Jo
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from this author and I really liked it. I'm always a sucker for football romances. Lucas and Avery had great chemistry and I enjoyed their relationship. Pretty good book.

Thank you Netgalley, the author and publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sierra
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If youre a fan of Abbi Gline’s Field Party I think you’ll be a fan of The Love Playbook. It was so cute but not young kid cute. It was a good junior/senior book. I really enjoyed it and so happy I got the pleasure of reading it.
Patty
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Lena
sweet pg romance
Melissa
Nov 21, 2019

• Stuck with You (The First Kiss Hypothesis, #3)
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Opposite of Falling Apart
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Glow of the Fireflies
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • Forlorn
  • If I Go Rogue (Spy Academy Book 3)
  • The Secret Intelligence (Spy Academy Book 4)
  • Jack & Sadie
  • Forever Fallen (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #10)
  • The Lost World (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #9)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Aftershock (The Afterworld Saga #0.5)
  • Pax Novis (The Pax Archives, #1)