Start by marking “Filomena: A Scars Novella” as Want to Read:
Filomena: A Scars Novella

Filomena: A Scars Novella

"Don’t feel bad for me, I’m a sinner. I wear the cross not because I’m worthy, but because I need it more than anyone else, more than any faithful, pure heart. I need it like any other sinner, as a shield, to help me not fall into the vortex of sin."

Are you ready for Donna Filomena - The Lady of the Mafia? Are you ready for her deepest secrets, her lies, her sacrifices?
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Filomena, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Filomena

Start your review of Filomena: A Scars Novella
Susiej
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!!!

Oh I loved this book so much!!!
I absolutely love Laura's writing style, which has been displayed beautifully here, giving us Filomena's life story so far.
And what an amazing woman Filomena is! Yes, she made some controversial choices, but when she loved......boy did she love!!!!
This story was heartbreaking at times; smoking hot and sexy at others!! It is the perfect continuation of Scars and I just can't wait to get my hands on Crux! Highly recommended!!
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is based on Filomena, she's the mother of Alejandro De La Crux from Skins and Scars, Which I strongly recommend you read first.

This is Donna Filomena's POV and man does she has a lot to say.
The truth comes to light, people may not like it, but it is what it is.

Her reasons for marrying Alonso— a monster, a wolf in sheeps clothing —and becoming Filomena De la Cruz all those years ago.

The reasons behind, why she is the badass fierce lady she is toda
Written In Red Book Blog
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jo
The past becomes more confronting and real when its put in front of you, sometimes it takes a moment, just a small moment for you to realise that the past cant be re-written, choices made cant be undone but maybe...just maybe you can stop history repeating itself.

This is Donna Filomena's story, and how she become Filomena De la Cruz, the Matriarch of the Mafiosi!!

A compelling Novella that is heartbreaking, brutal, dark and raw...

Rossi has written this Novella through the
Tre Talbot
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read?! WOW! I was hooked reading Scars and now hearing Donna Filomena’s story I am absolutely blown away. This can undoubtedly be read as a standalone and either before or after Scars but I will tell you now that it is a MUST read novella what will have you gasping and squeezing your ebook device so tight as you’re taken down memory lane with Filomena and her boys. My heart breaks for Roberto, that man is caring, welcoming and just embraced all of your sides. Learning how Alonso ...more
Leanne
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is more like it!
My reviews for both Skins and Scars said I wanted to see more of the characters and Laura definitely delivered!
I absolutely adored getting to find out about how the ballsy matriarch we met previously became the woman she has.
This is a tale of love lost and broken hearts but with a dark edge.
It's a quick, punchy read and I absolutely cannot wait for Crux!
Michelle
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW!!! Laura has smashed it out of the park again, with this Scars Novella, as we are taken deep into the intricate world of the Mafiosi through Donna Filomena's eyes. So addictive are her words as we read about a Mothers anguish as she tries to keep her children safe and a Wife’s struggle as she comes to terms with her lot in life. I can not wait for the next book, Crux ......
Lou
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filomena gives us a whole new perspective on the cruel, twisted world of the De La Crux Mafiosi. Filomena is told from the point of view of Donna Filomena. Donna Filomena started off as the daughter of The Duke Antonio Del Monte. Little did Donna Filomena know that she had been offered to Alonso De La Crux as part of a deal, a deal made between her father and his. Now Alonso was there to collect his prize!
This book tells us of Donna Filomena’s life, it begins when she is introduced to Alon
Eileen Robinson
Shelves: 5-star-reads
oh wow!! I may just have to rant a little bit!!
Filomena De La Crux the mother of Alejandro Del La Crux, the vile, Monster of a Man we met in Skins and Scars: Sequel to Skins. I really didn't like Filomena in either of these books, how could a mother stand by a son, A demon unless she was just as bad as him or just a plain cold hearted witch that enjoyed her position of the Mafia Matriarch !!!
I love a book that grips me, lures me, and throws my mind into a tailspin, do i want to hate this character o
Shelly Reynolds
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia
"How can you fight evil with kindness when that dark force is killing you?"

I absolutely loved getting a glimpse in to the life of this woman. You meet her in Skins, and in Scars, both of which you should read before you read this one. You didn't get to know too much about her before, but now, after reading this, and learning how she started out living the dream she always imagined, only to have it turn in to her biggest nightmare, my heart aches for her!

She was deceived by those who
Laura Lee
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filomena: A Scars Novella needs to be read after you devour both Skins and Scars. Trust me on this one, you will want to know how a mother who gave birth to 2 sons made the choices that she did.

Donna Filomena is a strong woman. One who lived through it all. Being the wife to Alonso De la Crux, she listened, she learned, she watched. She became the person she had to in order to survive. She became the strongest woman, one who would do anything to protect her children.

This is her stor
Sabrina Frontschek
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant. It took us through the life of Filomena and her daily living with a corrupt, money/power hungry mafioso. Between all the lies, and deceit, Filomena had to keep up with publicly being the perfect wife, all while trying to protect herself and her children. I Loved Skins and Scars - but this book is on a whole different level of love. I could feel Filomena's emotions, and I was routing with her the whole time. Thank you for this delightful read (also thank you fo ...more
Sheri Lemay
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-read

I absolutely love Laura Rossi’s books. She is definitely on my list of must buy authors. This series of books has kept me in the edge of my emotions and once I start reading, I can’t put it down. Filomena was no different. I definitely recommend this book.

Clayr Catherall
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Gail
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book was so good.. very different from what I usually read.. it was a super fast read as well.. it flowed perfectly. Thus is the first book I’ve read from thus author but I guess not the first in the set. I didn’t feel like I missed anything.. I feel this could be read as a stand alone and have no worries... now I need to find the others in this set..
I just loved Roberto.. I hope that some time we will get to hear from or get a book for the other son... now off to find Alejandro’s bo
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is told from Donna’s point of view and gives a glimpse into what her live was like, and why she made the decisions she did to go against her son. This is a beautifully written story which is heartbreaking, dark, and emotional, twisted, with secrets, and is a steamy read. I am in awe of this gifted author, and the attention to detail she gives to her characters and intricate plots. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I highly recommend her work for all.
Amanda Williams
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully descriptive. This author has a wonderful writing style and the story carries itself beautifully. This book truly captured me right from the very start.
Denise
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one evening. This story sheds a lot of light on why Alejandro and Ramirez turned out they way they did. Filomena has led a hard and heartbreaking life to try and save her sons. This is an eye opening addition to this series and you definitely don’t want to miss it!
Angela
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe that this story has been my favorite above all the story of the other characters!!! Filomena is Really amazing and a strong woman, I went to hate her to Love her in a second .
If you want a stir they blow your mind this is the right one!!
Thank you Laura Rossi you are amazing

Alison
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Eye Opening, Dark, Powerful Stars!!!

Donna Filomena had secrets, dark dangerous secrets. It’s time for Donna Filomena to tell us her story.

This Novella is a dark story, one of deceit, lies, sacrifice and broken hearts, this story is an eye opener into the life of Donna Filomena, the hard, strong, determined Mafia Lady from the Scar series by Laura Rossi.

This story has you rethinking all you thought you knew of Donna Filomena and her son. Do I feel sorry for her? No, however I did
Stina Andersen
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filomena, a Scars Novella. It picks right up were we left the De la Crux family off in Scars. Donna Filomena sits in the police station, ready to tell her side of what happened in the factory. But we get her story instead. A story about a badass mother and a woman!

"I know what needs to be done: my guts have been telling me for so long, no matter how good I am at pretending, at lying to myself and the world. Deep down I have known this day would come - the day I have to stop Alejandro
Lisa Hemming
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a compelling and deep look into the life of a woman who grew up to be the mother of two sons; one who became a monster like her husband. Filomena’s life as a young woman was one of affluence and secrecy. She knew her father was involved in questionable business practices, but she never realized how far he would go to make the deal of a lifetime. Her father thought she was innocent and pure, but unlike her sisters, Filomena wanted to experience life and feel what it would be like to be desir ...more
Teri
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last time we dealt with her she was finally doing something she had only dreamed of but hated doing. Now we get to find out how she got into the mess her life turned out to be. It isn't peaches and roses, it's the tale of a child with blinders who was only as useful as a bargaining chip. The glitz and glamour may have been what lured her but it's hardly what made her stay. A mother's sacrifice is never enough and although her chance at love was complicated her choices were hers to own. It's ...more
Carolann Evans
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The secret dies with me"

This story pulls you in and makes you feel all the emotions Donna Filomena has gone through throughout her life. She Has been used by the two men who should have shown her love and respect, instead of the lies and deceit she got from them.

This book gives you a glimpse of what Donna Filomena has gone through and why she chose to go against her own son in an attempt to save her grandson. Having failed to save her own son she did try but it was too l
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will be completely honest and say that I HATED this character in Scars, but this novella opened my eyes, my heart, and my soul to her story. Written beautifully, it captured me and didn't let me go. My heart broke for Filomena, her sacrifices, her impossible situation, the dark, gritty happenings that she persevered with strength, grace, and fierceness that had me cheering and identifying with her completely. Her bada**ery gave me chills!! I loved it!!! I thank the Author for providing a copy ...more
Melissa
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart. Broken.

My heart aches for Filomena and at the same time, I love this woman! She is smart, beautiful, cunning, seductive and most importantly, fierce! She is not to be messed with. Beautifully written and brings a much deeper understanding to Scars. Thank you AGAIN, Laura for pouring yourself into another amazing story.
Wopsywoobookblog
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from this author!

Always adore this authors books and Filomena is one that will stick with me. Love this universe that she has created. So dark & twisted but enthralling.

Can’t wait for more!

• The Queen: Sanguine Series Book One
  • Ashes to Ashes: Selling my Soul - Part Three
  • In Too Deep: Selling my Soul - Part Two
  • Something Wonderful - A Lesbian Romance
  • Texas Wildfire (Texas Heroes #1)
  • Griffin Six (Company of Griffins Book 2)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Wishing For a Star
  • Before You
  • Use Me (Dangerously Intertwined #1)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • A Vampyre Romance - Book Three: The Quest
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)
  • Morgan (Guarded Hearts Series #1)
  • Phoenix (Trial by Fire #3)
  • Mother Knows Best