Start by marking “Hating the Boss” as Want to Read:

Hating the Boss

Amazon Top 100 in Romantic Comedies!
One night.
That’s all it was supposed to be.
Imagine my surprise when Mr. Sexy in a Suit breezed through the door on the first day of school.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet my new boss.
Not only does he instantly recognize me, but he accuses me of stealing something valuable from him the morning I walk-of-shamed out of his apartment.
When b
Published September 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hating the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hating the Boss

L. Powell
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hating the Boss is a light, refreshing read, and although it deals with love and a certain ring going missing, it didn’t feel like the plot was heavy in any way. It was so nice to read something that was less intense and Kristen has certainly done a fantastic job with her first rom com.
Jaxon and Raegen were hilarious. The pranks they played, their banter, it was all great.
The friendship group that Raegen has with her friends was front and centre for me. I loved it when all of the girls got tog
Egle (readingfreakquotes)
Once I heard that Kristen was working on a rom-com I was so intrigued and taken by surprise as her 4 previous books are complete opposites. But knowing her from Instagram I had no doubt she will deliver it perfectly as she is total nutcracker type of a person herself and I knew that this story will be full of funny banter and a great laugh.

I read “Hating the boss” in one sitting because I like Kristen’s style a lot and this book was no difference – it’s always easy to read, touching and emotiona
Nikki J
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Totally refreshing, laugh out loud funny & sweet. Being a teacher myself, I loved all the school references & big ups to fellow teachers in here. I too had a boy relieve himself on my classroom floor! What we do on a day to day basis, hey!
Anyway, this was a light & easy read & I flew through it. I gotta admit my guess for the ring thief was totally off. I had guessed correctly at the beginning then changed my guess to involve someone else. I won’t put any spoilers in h
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This book had me laughing out loud and snorting liquid out my nose! Kristen absolutely killed it with this rom-com. Prior to this, the authors books had been more dramatic and suspenseful romance reads. This book floored me with its witty banter, juvenile games, hilarious awkwardness, super sexy bedroom scenes and unbreakable friendships.

From beginning to end, I was enamored with Raegan. I felt like her character was someone you knew personally. We all have that woman in our life who’s just like
Briana Cooper
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re a fan of rom-coms, this book is for YOU! This was such a light, easy read that had me laughing so hard at times. The bickering and the pranks between Reagan and Jaxon was just hilarious. Everything was well written and while this book isn’t very long, nothing felt super rushed and the character development was great. Loved this book! :)
Andrea
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew Kristen Granata could step away from the emotional rollercoaster romances she slays and give us a perfect rom-com? ME! I knew the second she told me. This woman can write no wrong. And I’m not just saying that because I’m in the book. Which by the way, was so surreal and the best surprise ever. I definitely cried. All over the place.

Hating the Boss was so much fun to read. It gave us everything. It was light but raw in emotion. It was empowering and heartwarming. It was sexy as hell an
Thalía Haslett
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Powerful female lead that doesn’t let people bring her down? ✔

A hot male lead that doesn’t revolve around the need to control the female? ✔

Hot steamy scenes? ✔

A hilarious plot and scenes that make you choke on your drink? ✔✔✔

Kristen Granata mixes it all in this book and does it flawlessly since chapter one in her debut in the genre. A funny, hot and great rom-com that had me hooked since the very beginning.

Raegan is a beautifully constructed character. I admire teachers and genuinely good, gene
♣Bel♣
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 stars

Oh my goodness. All the stars.

Honestly Kristen is my spirit animal. She’s a master storyteller and her writing voice is so distinct and hilarious and I loved every minute of it.

You can really see her personality come through in her writing and it makes for the best characters. Hilarious, relatable, lovable characters that you want to smother in love.

This was so amusing, there wasn’t a single moment while reading where I wasn’t literally laughing out loud!

I thought Kris
Alexis
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maddie
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was such a great kind of quirky book. I loved the give and take between the two main characters, I was actually laughing out loud. Kristen also added in some pretty great one liners. She really nailed this book, with a realistic portrayal of what actually goes through women's minds, to the pranks, family drama and the desk sex. This book was just what I needed. I loved it.
Carrie Lansberry
I fell in love with Kristen's work from Collision...if you love her first 4 books them PLEASE do yourself a favor and read this. It was such a departure from her previous books that I was honestly a little nervous because I know she was nervous about it too. You will seriously not be disappointed in this book. It is everything that a romantic comedy should be and then some! Do yourself a favor and pre-order this book as soon as possible!
Mariya
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. One of the best rom-coms I’ve read this year. It was fast paced, super cute and fun to read. I loved the characters. I hope the author writes more books of this genre.
✧ silver grace ✧
Super cute and fun read!!
Rachel
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come...but for now...yes Kristen, yes!!
Megan Del Rio
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Just... Wow!

I absolutely LOVED Granata's Collision series, but RomCom is where she belongs!
Nikki Pennington
The ring thief might not have stolen the ring after all, but she did steal my heart.

I received an ARC of this book from the author, in exchange for my honest review! Hating The Boss releases everywhere on September 30th!

Lately, I have really been a huge fan of the rom-com book! When Kristen announced she was writing one, I was so excited! The two ARC's I read before this one were angsty, and made me cry, so I was ready for something funny, and this did not disappoint!

It's like I have whore amn
Emlovesreading
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I really liked this book. I liked Raegan, I thought she was a great character. Who picked herself right up after her divorce. She never wallowed I’m self pity and she certainly never blamed herself for the demise of her marriage. Instead she accepted that her ex wasn’t perfect, she’d married the wrong person and it was time to end things and move on. I liked that.
On her divorce party night out she meets the very sexy Jaxon and encouraged by her friends she decides to have her first one night
Louise  O
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hating the Boss is a standalone light hearted Rom-com that caught my attention from the start; adulting thrown out the window I read this book in 1 sitting.

Heading out the bar and celebrating her divorce was the last thing Raegan wanted to do, especially when there were balloons were involved. Jaxon was out celebrating too, a big promotion and taking Raegan home was the best reward; except when a family heirloom disappears.

Raegan and Jaxon meet again in a very unexpected way and when fingers a
Laurie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved Kristen Granata's "Hating the Boss," a laugh-out-loud contemporary romance featuring two of my favorite tropes, enemies-to-lovers and workplace romance. The banter between main characters Jaxon and Raegan was phenomenal, and the pranks they played on each other, while somewhat immature at times, were hilarious. Jaxon and Raegan were both well-developed and likeable characters, and I found it easy to sympathize with both of their points of view. I really appreciated the author's choice to ...more
Skye Yanovsky
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hating The Boss is probably one of the funniest rom-coms I have read in a while. I was laughing out loud the entire book. Jaxon and Raegan were hilarious and their prank war was ridiculous in the best way. If you love romantic comedies you will enjoy this book.
From the minute Jaxon and Raegan make eye contact the chemistry leaps off the page. Despite the quick turn to enemies you will be rooting for them, I mean come on...the principal and the kindergarten teacher? They HAVE to get together. Ev
Claire
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a light and refreshing read, between some much darker books, which I enjoyed.

Jason and Raegan meet in a bar whilst celebrating. A night of near-passion and a missing family ring entwined with a new boss/employee situation leaves us with a great enemy to lovers romance.

The plot wasn't too heavy but I was easily entertained and laughing along with the witty comebacks and comedic prank situations. The banter was brilliant and the friendship between the women was lovely.

A fast, enjoyable an
Melissa Frey
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING. I’ve read a few other of Kristen’s books and loved those, too, but this one definitely had a different vibe. But I’m good with that.

The premise was hilarious, and she handled series issues with finesse while still staying true to the romcom style. There were a few times — like what happened the first night they met — that I was cheering because I loved how she set it up.

Jaxon and Raegan are steamy, let me tell you. The desk scene was 🔥 but my favorite scene was in the groc
Vickie Chaisson
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hating the Boss by Kristen Granata will have you laughing out loud and not giving a damn who hears you. I laughed so hard during this book I had tears in my eyes. What an absolute surprise this rom.com from an author who is usually more dramatic and suspenseful in her writing. Her books always take you on a journey and this book is no exception. Jaxson and Raegan will steal your heart. The chemistry between them is off the charts and the story line is inventive and full of snark. You will read t ...more
Elly
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! This is such a change from Kristen's usual books, but I LOVED IT!!!!

"Eyes on the prize, not on her thighs."

I mean, a prank war?! I'm here for it! Jaxon and Raegan have chemistry from the very first chapter yet still manage to have an underlying slow burn throughout their prank war.

"I can't believe you drank the coffee! That's like the oldest trick in the book."

High recommend if you like romantic comedy full of LOL-moments, steaminess, and oh-my-no-she-didn't pranks. Love thei
MJ Webb
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was my first Kristen Granata book and she did not disappoint in the steamy romance or the laugh-out-loud comedy. There is nothing quite like a prank war to ramp up the tension between two witty, honest, and hilarious characters. Raegan is so relatable as she goes about reclaiming her own life and joy. Her one night stand gone wrong lands her in the mother of all prank wars with none other than her hot new boss! Jackson is swoonworthy with his sharp suits and even sharper wit. Each new face ...more
Ree
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a funny story. Though it showcased how low humans can stoop, it also showed the power of love, family and forgiveness.

I really enjoyed the bond Rae & her girlfriends had. Their interactions were one of the major highlights of the book. Rae & Jax's banter & pranks were comical and hilarious, too.

This book held my attention throughout. I read it in a few hours, and wholeheartedly recommend it.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Danielle Swainston
I devoured this book and didn’t go to sleep till i had finished it (4am) Reagen and Jaxon are instantly attracted to each other, but when a ring goes missing and battle lines are drawn that attraction soon turns into something else. The chemisty between these two was off the charts, the back and forth banter had me laughing out loud and the hot moments were exactly that....haawwwttt!

Overall an easy enjoyable read with not only great lead characters but great secondary ones too!

B2B Danni
Laura Bowie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your a fan of Rom-Coms this book is for you! It’s such a light and easy read, it makes you laugh and smile . I love the development of the characters and how Jaxon and Reagan interactive... I flew threw the book in one day. I enjoy it so much. I want to touch on so much more but I don’t wanna give any spoilers, Rom-Com fans read this book I am sure you’ll love it
Jacie Lennon
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hating the Boss is the first book I've read by Kristen and it's such a cute, fun romcom! It's a light read and the couple, Jaxon and Raegan were perfect together. There are sweet moments, sexy moments, sad moments and also heartwarming moments. I can't wait to read the other books by this author!
Luz Acevedo
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book!!!! I enjoyed this romcom so much, I laughed out loud and I literally couldn’t put it down. Kristen has a way with words and I love that she is able to write in any style. If you want to book with banter, pranks and so much more this is the book for you.....

Kristen Granata is a teacher by day, and an aspiring (aka: exhausted) best-selling author by night. Known for writing emotional New Adult Romance, she loves creating realistic, flawed characters who struggle through the darkest parts of life and come out stronger on the other side. Kristen is a self-proclaimed "bitter