Start by marking “Topaz (Jewels Cafe #5)” as Want to Read:
Topaz (Jewels Cafe #5)

Topaz

(Jewels Cafe #5)

Not many people looked my way normally, but when you’re running down the street in a sky-blue ball gown with tears running down your face at the crack of dawn, they’re going to notice.
I’m Topaz, a tiger shifter, now chosen partner of our leader’s son. A complete and utter jerk of a shifter.
I didn’t get a say in it, clearly.
I’m not about to write my life off to be the mate
Published November 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Topaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Topaz

Start your review of Topaz (Jewels Cafe #5)
Brianna Belbin
This was a great shifter romance that I want more of! On Topaz’s twenty-first birthday, she receives unsettling news that the Pride leader’s son Tyler will be her mate. She flees her party in her blue princess gown and calls her best friend Darcy. As if the night couldn’t get any worse, they hit a panther shifter, Jackson, on their way to breakfast. Turns out, he’s been hexed and has amnesia- all he remembers is his name. This story picks up and hits the ground running with attraction, magic, ...more
Hannah Brooker
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly this book is released on the 11th, I was lucky to get an arc copy. Secondly this book is actually number 5 out of 12 each book but is written by a different author but it's all centered around the jewels cafe and the area in which the cafe is situated. I haven't read the other 4 but it really didn't matter as each book is a standalone. Every now and again you get a name crossover but that's it.

As for the book it was brilliant, I read a chapter and then had to go out and all I could
Daisy Sauceda
What will she do!

I freaking loved this book! Oh it has mystery, sexy times, intense emotions, it was awesome.

So per the blurb Topaz gets some bad news. Which I don't blame her for what she did. I would totally do the same. So her best friend Darcy comes to her rescue. They decide to head to Silver Springs. Bam!! She meets Jackson and decided to help him out with his predicament. She so too sweet. So they head to Jewels cafe! While she is waiting on Darcy, she tries to get information about
Charlotte Clavier
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Topaz (FMC) is a tiger shifter and the mate of the chief's son Tyler. Much to her hate and annoyance because she had no idea. Hes her high school bully thats why. Things go bad when Topaz, Tyler, Darcy (her friend) and Jackson (a panther shifter and a guy her and Darcy knocked down) get hit by some stray magic. A great short story. Loved it
Natalie panda eyes
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Another PSL victim. I’m looking forward to seeing if Julian gets caught out. Nice to see some of the other jewel names. The trio this time I liked. A little relationship drama, a really small mystery and plenty of sex within 126 pages. Next up is Ruby, the one I’ve been looking forward to since the beginning.
Jackles
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a GREAT little stand-alone and WONDERFUL addition to the Jewels Cafe series. Ms. Cluney has, once again, outdone herself with Topaz. 1st off, The whole Speed Bump nickname has me in tears every time it’s mentioned. But on a more series note, I love how Ms. Cluney took the time to give Topaz a special one-on-one date with each mate instead of just being all well, they are all mates now so they’ll be doing EVERYTHING as a foursome. And Jackson.. woo wee that man is so hot with his ...more
Terri
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Topaz: A standalone paranormal romance
(Jewels Cafe Book 5)
By: J.E. Cluney 4.5 Stars

******** May Contain Some Spoilers ********

I will try my absolute best to keep spoilers to a minimum or completely out of my review. Sometimes it can be hard to do so.

I love this series. Every book written by different authors, the storyline is the same yet different. Josie does an incredible job with Topaz and some shifters. Topaz is your normal nerd tiger shifter celebrating her 21st birthday . Everything
Destiny Bridwell
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I know the books in this series are all standalones and are written by different authors. I was unsure of them at first. This is the first one in the Jewels Cafe series that I am reading. I like they are named after gemstones. Topaz is having a party and she gets some unsettling news that her mate has been picked for her. She calls her friend Dracy to help her out and an accident happens on the way to breakfast and that is who Jackson ...more
Kira Assad
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is in the standalone Jewels Cafe series following Topaz and the events of her 21st birthday as they take an interesting turn. When she finds out she must mate with the leader of the Tiger shifter's son, Topaz is less than thrilled since they have been enemies since they were children. After running away from her birthday party with her best friend Darcy in tow, neither could predict the wild ride that would happen next beginning with a mysterious shifter named Jackson with no memory, ...more
Mareike
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a little worried at first how I would do reading the 5th book of a series first...but apart from a few names, the series didn't cross-over much and I was able to enjoy the book without worrying about mixing up details. The book was lighthearted and easy to read... there wasn't much drama or angst in the story, which made for a great, fun and cute little story that could be picked up and read at a leisurely time. There were some majorly hot scenes described in the book - make sure you are ...more
Tyler Joseph
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off let me just say ... This book was amazing! I adore shifter romance style books so this was definitely right up my alley. I sat and devoured this book in one sitting because I was thoroughly immersed in to the story. it was so uniquely brilliant with the budding romances and passion that are portrayed by all the characters, it was just so lovely and thrilling to read, I couldn’t get enough! The only downside to the book was that there wasn’t more! Seriously brilliant work from the ...more
Joy Whiteside
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW oh WOW, I love this.

This book had me hooked from the moment that I started reading. It moved along at a great pace, which made it a very comfortable read, the characters are great and you feel as though you are personally friends and want to be there with them. The story is top-notch. It will grab you from the moment that you start reading and not let you go til you finish the last word. Then you are looking for the next book. This is a must read. IT needs to be on your TBR list, no doubt
Deb Cechak
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing!

“her very spirit shining through with all its fiery passion, it was mesmerizing.” From J E Cluney’s book, Topaz.

As part of the Jewels Cafe series, this story is entrancing. We meet Topaz, who is an independent Tiger shifter, who learns she is to be mated- to her least favorite person.

What happens next is unexpected, as her bestie and an unfortunate accident lead Topaz on a path of discoveries and trials.

This is a fabulous addition to the series!
Sydney Isaac
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favourite of the series so far!

This book is a wonderful fast-burn, enemies-to-lovers, friends-to-lovers, speed bump-to-lovers romance. It introduces new shifters and their politics and customs. I love this expansion of the Jewels Café world, with the added cameos of previous books characters. The writing is hilarious and creative, I'd love a sequel of this one. I need more of Topaz and her mates!
Christine Stephens
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great Novella to the Jewels Series. J.E. did a wonderful job. I absolutely loved Topaz and her mates. Though in the beginning we see Topaz running away from her 21st birthday party, as the chief assigned her, her mate which she is not thrilled about. Cue in bestfriend, amnesia shifter and her not so happy about mate add in a pumpkin spice latte and things get crazy. What a great read for sure.
Cheryl Sedman
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW totally H.O.T. loving these fast paced books in this combined series.
This book is a must read from the start you are thrown in on Topaz getting news she didn't like hearing to her being taken to Jewels Cafe where Darcy buys her a Hot sweet drink which puts in place lots of changes you all will love. As they take you on a H.O.T sexy ride with three sexy men.
Totally you need to pick up this book
Nora
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok what does not happen in this book. First off Topaz gets bad news since she is to marry some guy that she does not want. Her best friend tries to help and then she hits a shifter on the road. Now they do drink a PSL and that is where things are heating up. What will Topaz do? Run away or be her amazing self with her #whychoose guys?
Tammy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I like a bit more story along with the harem part. This book focuses on Topaz and her relationships with her guys. Yes, I liked it because it did go into detail with the relationships. I did like how they each took her on a date based on what she liked and their personalities. The mystery as to why Jackson lost his memory got lost in the book and seemed as just a side note.
Katie Hoffman
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story centers around the Jewel cafe. Stand alone but part of a series with other authors. I thought it was a cute story. Shifter paranormal romance. Love the main character Topaz. Storyline was very well written and kept my attention from start to finish. Hot and steamy parts. Absolutely loved the story. Definitely a must read.
hannah
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One hell of a hot read!

Paranormal romance... check,
Enemies to lovers.... check,
Best friends to lovers...check,
Multiple mates....check,
Extremely sexy scenes.... check,
What more could you need!!

This is a well written standalone fast burn PRH with a satisfying end. It was great not to have a cliffhanger! Your books never disappoint!

Leanne Stuart
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful little gem to read! It was a light hearted, fun steamy romance which also had me howling with laughter at parts! I loved the FMC Topaz she was witty and intelligent who knew what she wanted in life. I loved watching the bond grow between her and her eventual mates. By the end of the book you could see how far some characters had grown!
Danyelle Williams
Full of steam

This book is the definition of making the best out of a bad day. To say that Topaz comes out a winner is a huge understatement. This book is full of steam and cute moments you don't want to miss out on. Another great installment of this series
Boo
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always this author knows how to bring it! Shifters, sexytimes and pumpkin spice. A great book with a peak at this social cafe that all these books are centered around. We even get a bonus book. These characters where great the plot was amazing and I was surprised about it.
Audrey
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and sweet read

Another jewel in the Jewels Cafe line of books! Topaz and her mates have a sweet, quick but complete, storyline that makes you want to smile and sigh at their cuteness!
Jade Wolf
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this! I love how everything keeps playing out! The characters are awesome and so is the storyline! I am excited to continue this series and also read the second book for this! I recommend this as well!
Daphnne
Enjoyed Topaz very much

I'm loving the world of Silver Springs and Topaz is no exception. Those pesky little PSLs sure knpw how to cause delicious trouble! Topaz and her guys were cute and endearing and totally worth reading.
Yashira
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, the story sucks you in from the beginning and you just can't put it down!! I truly hope she makes a second story because I need more of these characters!! Just another great book by Cluney ...more
Amber Green
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent installment in the Jewels Cafe series.

Man, I loved this book so much. It was full of angst, sexual tension, and had a bit of the fated mates thing going which is a trope I've come to adore. A perfect five.

**I was given an arc copy of this book for an honest review**
Megan
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Absolutely amazing!!! I loved everything about this book!! It’s probably my favorite one out of all the other jewels cafe books!! She’s an amazing writer and I can’t wait to see what she does next!! Bravo!!
Dominique
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes! I'm absolutely loving Jewel's Cafe and all the love that is being spread. Topaz got lucky to find her true mates and have some delicious steamy times. I would love to read more into their live and how things go forward.

• Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Reborn in Flames
  • All the Teacher's Pet Beasts
  • Provoke Me (The Last Vocari, #2)
  • Faeling for Them (Eight Wings Academy #1)
  • Hallowed Woods Academy: Semester 1
  • Chasing Time (Her Immortal Legacy, #1)
  • Sins: A Dark High School Bully Romance
  • Compel Me (The Last Vocari, #1)
  • Stupid Boys (Stupid Boys, #1)
  • Motherf*cker (An Irreverent RH Comedy)
  • Fallen University: Year Three (Fallen University #3)
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • Stormy Nights (Storms of Blackwood #2)
  • Friends With The Monsters
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • How To Raise The Dead (Second Breath Academy #1)
  • Dearly Departed (Afterworld Academy #1)
J.E. Cluney is a part-time author who lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. She spends her days writing, binging on TV shows, and reading. With a slight addiction to chocolate to fuel her midnight writing.
J.E. Cluney has many projects lined up in the reverse harem genre, and her debut series, 'Ashwood Wolves' is only the first of many.

Jewels Cafe (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe #1)
  • Sapphire (Jewels Cafe #2)
  • Peridot (Jewels Cafe #3)
  • Opal (Jewels Cafe #4)
  • Ruby (Jewels Cafe #6)
  • Amethyst (Jewels Cafe #7)
  • Pearl (Jewels Cafe #8)
  • Emerald (Jewels Cafe #9)
  • Onyx (Jewels Cafe #10)
  • Moonstone (Jewels Cafe #11)