Start by marking “Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)” as Want to Read:
Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)

Photographing the Dead

(Nameless #2)

A self-styled artist is getting away with murder in Death Valley. If all goes well, so will Nameless. In part two of the Nameless series, the relentless avenger is haunted by nightmares of the past and visions of what’s to come.

Palmer Oxenwald’s hunting ground is the Mojave wasteland. His victims are random tourists and hikers. His trophies are cherished photographs of the

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about Photographing the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Photographing the Dead

Start your review of Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This one was just okay too. I think I am getting a bit disappointed since Nameless doesn't really need to go toe to toe with the bad guys. They end up caught, he with help disposes of them. We get some clues to his past in this one. I wish all of the bad guys didn't have some weird God complex. The first two in this series sound similar.

"Photographing the Dead" has Nameless hunting down another serial killer. This one gets off by photographing the men and women he comes across and kills.
Dante
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
"I don't have a home just a mission".
Sheila Beaumont
The second book in the "Nameless" series, even better than the first.
FanFiAddict
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of a 3.5+, but another enjoyable entry in the collection.
Dee Cherry
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part 2 kept me reading to see how this villain would meet his end. Mild suspense, good ending
Lennie Grace
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of Dean Koontz's "Nameless" series! This one follows Nameless as he hunts down a photograph loving killer. :D

Very fun stuff! I particularly liked how this one ended. Now that was some poetic justice right there. this book, and all the others it seems, has some basic info on Nameless worked into the series. Like how he doesn't know who he is/was and stuff like that. Which, is really good if you're reading the stories out of order.

Do people actually do that? Sounds nuts to me! Lol. Jk. I
Randy Tramp
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Palmer Oxenwald’s hunts the Mojave wasteland. His victims are tourists and hikers. He Photographs them. His greatest threat is Nameless. Two men with one thing in common: memories of the dead. For a psychopath like Palmer, they’re a clear rush in black and white. For Nameless, they’re visions of violence buried and erased. But for how long?

Koontz has a way of creating unique and highly interesting characters. I wouldn't want to come across Oxenwald who is out of his mind crazy on the bad side.
Vanessa
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick and enjoyable read! I’m intrigued to finish the rest of the series and learn more about Nameless and his past.
Michael Hicks
My review of PHOTOGRAPHING THE DEAD can be found at High Fever Books.

Dean Koontz delivers up another serviceable thriller, minus the thrills, in his series of novellas from Amazon revolving around the amnesiac character, Nameless.

Like its predecessor, Photographing the Dead is quick, easy read, one that doesn’t ask a lot of the reader and delivers just as little in return. This time around, Nameless is playing mind games with Palmer Oxenwald, a serial killer who has a passion for photography in
Mark Noble
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Photographing the Dead is the second story in Dean Koontz’s Nameless series. Like the first story, you can read this one in less than hour. We get to know a little more about the main character and the formidable group who directs him as they chase another psychopath. This time the evil target is a young photographer, with a huge inheritance that allows him to travel the country taking photographs of nature while he hunts his victims. Palmer Oxenwald is truly disturbed. He was sent away to a ...more
Shorty
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great short novel in the series. I’ve only got two complaints about this novel: WHAT HAPPENED TO MIA, one of the hiking twins that was going to marry in two months, and Newman can act just fine, thankyouverymuch...!
4 stars, and recommended.
Joann Herley
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Photographing the Dead was a little different. It ended up being a chase between the Photographer and Nameless. This was quite a cat and mouse game. This story is full of suspense and tension. I really enjoyed it.
Leslie
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. However I really loved the first one in this series. Still love the main character though. ...more
Nilton Teixeira
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was much better than the first episode.
It felt like a different author wrote it.
The writing and the story was direct, clear and very engaging.
Marc Cassiram
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bit less interesting than book 1...
Kimberly Rivera
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Dean Koontz, so disappointing

I have been an avid reader of Dean Koontz stories since the beginning. He’s always been a brilliant story teller that pulls the reader in almost immediately into his book. This however, is not the Dean Koontz that I remembered and loved. I was very disappointed with both number 1 and 2 of the nameless series. Now I understand why it was free...
Tina
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Love the second instalment of this series. So intrigued with Nameless, I wasn't to know his past and history but at the same time I don't. A man who gets sexual gratification by just simply looking at photos of the murders he has committed. Started of young with animals then gets institutionalized but by the time he's 18 he's released and continues his killing spree but has progressed to humans.

Brilliantly written as per usual. Can't fault a Dean Koontz story .
Carolyn Injoy
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary Kindle copy of Photographing the Dead (Nameless Book 2) by Dean Koontz in an Amazon promotion in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this book five stars because I found it intriguing. It is an ongoing story about "Nameless". It follows Heart of the Fire (Nameless Book 1) and continues with The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless Book 3). I look forward to reading the rest of the six books that are in this series. I read it in one sitting and the time passed quickly. The
Chris DiLeo
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I read this second installment in the Nameless series much faster than the first one. That is in part because this story is more interesting, has more moving parts, and has a better villain, but my quick reading is also because I wanted to see if Koontz was going to challenge himself a bit.

He did not.

In his 1981 book HOW TO WRITE BEST-SELLING FICTION, Koontz advises writers to "[h]it your hero with startling and/or frightening complications, one after the other. Be tough on him" (132).

Koontz
Romeo
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daniel Gonçalves
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This quote sums up a second episode that wonderfully establishes the main character's purpose and motivation:

"He is not sentimental when it comes to violent criminals. He doesn’t care what abuse, if any, or other experiences might have twisted Palmer Oxenwald in his youth. He cares instead about the people who were the killer’s targets, for those who loved and lost them. Concerning people who commit the most terrible crimes, he does not believe in second chances or the possibility of
Matthew R. Taylor
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book to be OK. Again, I enjoyed following the main character, nameless, around, but started noticing it seemed like the same scenario, just a different setting. Like the first book, this one had a good amount of action, a great setting, and was enjoyable to read, I just noticed a lot of similarities to the first book, and also not a lot of creativity. What I mean by that is it seemed like the main character never had any real opposition in his way. He would accomplish his mission, ...more
Lybo Buchanan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Book in the Nameless series. These are novellas, revolving around a man who has no memory beyond 2 years ago, does not know his own name, and is clairvoyant. He dishes out justice to those considered above the law, or the law simply cannot reach. He is not a vigilante, since he works under the direction of a group he only knows as the Ace of Diamonds. They are precise in their knowledge of who they're dealing with & what needs to be done & how to do it. Nameless is ...more
Deyth Banger
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-interest
"November 30, 2019 –
100.0% ""Mia says, “How do you know Dennis? You don’t know us, our lives.”
“Sometimes I see things, visions, moments of the past. And sometimes moments of the future that’ll come true unless . . . unless you take steps to change it. It’s two months until the wedding, isn’t it? Yes. It is. Find out who he is, Mia. Find out who he really is. Promise me.""
November 30, 2019 –
100.0% "But... I can say so far... nice illustrations

"In fact, Palmer has no friends. No one does.
wally
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
and i finished this one yesterday, too, like i did the 3rd amazing good read kindle owned quick reads an economy of language people likely to exist among us nothing supernatural...or wait now...maybe some along that line. a highlight We’re living in a time when private citizens can discover—hack their way to—all the evidence, all the proof, that the police, the FBI, the NSA, and others have access to. If for whatever reason the law can’t or won’t put it all together in a case like yours, there ...more
Shirli Hartman
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Praying Mantis Bride

Nameless is sent to deal with an ultra-superstitious widow who has just murdered her third very rich husband, leaving her filthy rich and the owner of five domiciles, plus vehicles, art, furniture, and fabulous apparel. Apparently, she seems to have also inherited the wrath of the angry ghost of her latest murdered husband or so Nameless worked to have it appear. The widow and her man-hating mother don’t stand a chance against the fury of the supernatural.
Mary
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, thriller
This is the second story in the Nameless collection, I loved it. Koontz once again creates good background info on the main characters. This story adds another Nameless character except he is named. But of course, the doubt is there that the extra character is also working under a fake name and persona assigned by the "puppetmaster?" Ace. Evil is represented by another psychopath and Koontz does his thing of taking you right to the very edge of danger. He is definitely my favorite.
master of
Andrena G.
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This second edition in the "Nameless" series was a little more abrupt and less developed in plot and character than the first. The villain appears to be almost hysterical in his self-analysis--godlike persona notwithstanding. More is expected of the twin sisters also, who simply trail off after the inevitable confrontation with the villain, with only a hint of intense trouble awaiting one of them after marriage. Although it was an overall enjoyable read, "Photographing the Dead" was not a ...more
Pamela Scott

I enjoyed this second outing with the mysterious and elusive Nameless. He still remains a mystery. I wonder if he will ever remember his name and identity. Will he ever find out who Ace of Diamonds, the man who sends him on his missions really is? Who’s pulling Nameless’s strings? I enjoyed Photographing the Dead a tiny bit more than the first tale. I could have happily read something much longer because Nameless and his strange missions intrigue me.
Martha
Nov 25, 2019 added it
Short but powerful

Second volume in the Nameless series is every bit as good and scary as the first. This one concerned a photographer who tortures and murders people and photographs every bit of it so he can relive the thrill. I will say the end of both these books' antagonists was extremely satisfying.

Koontz has been compared to King more than a few times, but I like him a lot better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dean Koontz, the author of many #1 New York Times bestsellers, has been acknowledged as "America's most popular suspense novelist" by Rolling Stone. He lives in Southern California with his wife, Gerda, and their golden retriever, Elsa.

• Once Night Falls
  • Play Dirty
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Elephant Tree
  • The Zombie Room
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Dirty Letters
  • Magic Hour
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
  • I Am Pilgrim
  • Watchmen
  • The Girl on the Porch
  • Black Rock Bay
  • Ark
  • Summer Frost
  • The Last Conversation
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the
“During the one minute of wakefulness after his head meets the pillow, he wonders not who he once was, not why that life is behind him and beyond recapture, not what organization finances him and crafts his missions. He wonders only how he was made into what he has become. Strange science must be involved, which intrigues him. Sleep.” 0 likes