Start by marking “Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files, #3)

Chasing Clay

(The DeWitt Agency Files #3)

It’s pure white, deep blue… and dirty all over.

Nam Ton ware – centuries-old ceramics from Southeast Asia’s Golden Triangle – captivated the DeWitt Agency’s tech-tycoon client. Now Immigration and Customs Enforcement is on his case for buying smuggled antiquities. To get immunity, he’s hired the agency to run an off-books investigation into Nam Ton’s source.

Published November 8th 2019 by Wombat Group Media

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Clay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Clay

Start your review of Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files, #3)
Jenni Bishop
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files Book 3) by Lance Charnes is very cleverly written and all the threads woven together to create a great read. It is a suspenseful, mysterious and intriguing tale where there are lots of twists. It took me a bit to settle into the story as it was a bit slow but once the pace picked up it was full of conning the con man it completely engrossed and enthralled me. I really liked our main character and his clever way of thinking and putting things together. Lance ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the suspense and mystery that it brought. I had a hard time getting into the story but once I was there, it went fast. I enjoyed the attention to detail this author has throughout the story as well as the interesting characters. The Dewitt Agency is hired by a client to investigate a claim of smuggled antiques. What will happen when Matt realizes this is above his head and that his freedom in now at steak? I highly recommend reading this book to find out what happens next with Matt.
Laura Furuta
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files Book 3)
By: Lance Charnes
5 out of 5 stars

The story Chasing Clay (The DeWitt Agency Files Book 3) by Lance Charnes is a wonderful book to read. It takes you on a fast-paced journey that has twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I loved reading about the character of Matt Friedrich. He is a man that is smart, unpredictable, and very resourceful. Matt is an ex-
Francis
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Clay is the third book in Lance Charnes’ The DeWitt Agency Files series. It’s a thrilling crime mystery, following ex-con Matt as he attempts to complete a mission for the agency that is guaranteed to bring his probation to an early end – either with his freedom or his incarceration.
Like the rest of the series so far, Chasing Clay focuses on art theft. As the name suggests, this book centres around ceramics. This was fascinating to read – I’m pretty sure all of the art crime books
Heather Lovelace
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charnes is a new author to me and I was intrigued by the plot summary of this book. I’m very glad I picked it up as it was chock full of mystery and suspense. I enjoy a good story with plenty of detail and plenty of clues to unravel. I felt like the story unfolded well and kept me as a reader wanting to keep reading to find out what would happen next. Very well written. I’m glad to find that this is part of a series and look forward to reading more of it.
Lorelai Victoria
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who's conning who? High stakes, intrigue, and smuggled antiquities. Follow Matt from The DeWitt Agency on a dangerous journey that will enthrall and engage you. The third in a series of fast-paced suspense thrillers Matt runs from the feds chasing clay into a jungle unsure whom he can trust. A must-read.
Casey Pope
Oct 27, 2019
Liz
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the cover of Chasing Clay. I have never heard of Lance Charnes or his previous work until now so it was a gamble going in totally based off of the cover. I am happy that I chose to dive in and will in the future be finding more by Lance Charnes. I will say this book took me a bit to get into. I am not sure if that was because it is actually book three of a series, The DeWitt Agency Files and so I needed more back story, or if it was just a slow build up in general. I was happy ...more
Kerry Baker
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Clay by a Lance Charnes is the third book in the DeWitt Agency Files. This book is such a thrilling ride from start to finish. I will be the first to admit that I was blown away by the description however the boom had for such good reviews that I gave it a go. I’m so glad I gave it a go.
The book was fast paced and exciting. I never quite knew which way the author was going to turn.
The book was fun to read because I really felt that I got behind the characters, especially Matt who
Lance Charnes
Sep 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle Austin
Nov 09, 2019
Angie
added it
Nov 10, 2019
I’ve been an Air Force intelligence officer, information technology manager, computer-game artist, set designer, Jeopardy! contestant, and now an emergency management specialist. I've had training in architectural rendering, terrorist incident response and maritime archaeology, although not all at the same time. My Facebook author page (I’ve been an Air Force intelligence officer, information technology manager, computer-game artist, set designer, Jeopardy! contestant, and now an emergency management specialist. I've had training in architectural rendering, terrorist incident response and maritime archaeology, although not all at the same time. My Facebook author page (https://www.facebook.com/Lance.Charne...) features spies, archaeology and art crime. ...more

The DeWitt Agency Files (3 books)
  • The Collection (The DeWitt Agency Files, #1)
  • Stealing Ghosts (The DeWitt Agency Files, #2)