Start by marking “Queen Takes Camelot: Gwen (Their Vampire Queen Book 10)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes Camelot: Gwen (Their Vampire Queen Book 10)

Queen Takes Camelot: Gwen (Their Vampire Queen Book 10)

The Once and Future King has always been my curse.

You think King Arthur is a hero.
You blame me for the fall of Camelot.
Because I refused to choose.

Yes, I loved Lancelot. Once upon a time, I loved Arthur, too. I loved all of his friends, even Merlin, the cantankerous wizard.

But Arthur’s jealousy destroyed our love. He smashed the Round Table, banished Lancelot, and
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Queen Takes Camelot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Takes Camelot

Start your review of Queen Takes Camelot: Gwen (Their Vampire Queen Book 10)
Jeanny
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-releases
A lovely cover. Sadly, this was my least favorite book in the series. I found the entire story a bit of a bore & the one character I thought interesting Merlin, was a blimp in the story. 2 stars

I will of course continue the series.
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
I love Arthurian legends! I love the tales of the Knights of the round table, and the myths surrounding Guinevere, Arthur, Morgan Le Fey and Merlin!! Joely's second book in Gwen's duet does not disappoint. At all.

In this second - and what I assume to be the last book - about Gwen, she sets out to free Merlin and defeat Arthur. Of course nothing is ever easy for the life of a chosen vampire queen, especially not one from such an ancient and powerful lineage, as Gwen - descendant of the White
Katyana
It was alright. Honestly, it was so focused on their past lives that I feel like I never really got to know them now at all. *shrug*

Meh.
Lisa
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and each book keeps getting better

Okay. If you have followed along with this series, Gwen is a sibling queen to Shara Isador and manages Shara's New York City stronghold. Shara was able to break the bond between Gwen and the NYC queen when Shara killed her. If you haven't read any of this series start with book 1 Queen Takes Knights to find out how Shara got started and how later on in Shara's journey she takes Gwen as her sibling queen. It's a great and addicting adventure.
This
Heidi
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sierra Clothier
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a thrilling retelling of Camelot, with Guinivere an Aima queen. The original story was magical and complicated, and Burkhart immediately had me itchy to jump to Wikipedia to remind myself of the details. She's clearly done her homework while making this story uniquely hers.

Queen Shara Isador has left Gwen in charge of the former House Skye, and she is the ancestor of the original Guinivere. There's a curse in place, and she and her knights are anxious to gather before they
amber
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot begin to explain how much I loved this story! Gwen is such a strong queen, exactly what you would expect for the White Enchantress. I loved Gwen's blood and the back story of how they came to be her knights. Merlin was definitely my favorite but I honestly love every single one of the blood Gwen takes.

Joely Sue Burkhart holds true to her writing style by giving us all what we've come to love about this amazing series. Blood. Magic. Sex... ohhh boy the sex . And of course a story
Josie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Finished reading out of duty

I loved each of the books in this series so very much and had really high expectations for Gwen and her Blood... unfortunately it took some strength to actually finish her story. The novel ties in perfectly with the scenes and timelines of Gwen's character in Shara's Saga but the finale felt anticlimactic and I really needed more both with her Blood but especially with Merlin. It felt more like a novel that filled in gaps for a background character in Shara's story
Paris
Annie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this!

What an amazing continuation of the TVQ world. Joely has won me as a lifetime fan of her writing. Her characters and the love and heartbreak they experience is something I feel viscerally.

Queen Takes Camelot weaves some of the events we’ve seen in TVQ and Shara’s story into a lovely standalone book. I just want more and more from this world - long live the Queen of Camelot!
Alyssa W
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic addition the the Their Vampire Queen series, and finally gave us Gwen’s story!! I absolutely loved all the aspects to it!! I don’t want to go into too much detail for fear of spoilers, but let me say Merlin is not what you are expecting, Arthur is the biggest misogynistic pig, and Gwen is more of Guinevere than you could ever guess. This was a fun, easy read that further expanded the universe the Aima live in.
Kaylynn
Yes and Finally

Long Live The Once and Future Queen!!! I am so happy to finally see Gwen story unfold. We get to see Gwen reunited with her guys it gets a little dark there for a minute but long live the queen. This book was a little short but it definitely delivered on the promise. Now I am going to say this I appreciate a very happy, bloody, epic ending. The king is dead long live the queen.
Sylvia McCullers
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected ...

What was unexpected ? How much I liked this story ! I'm not the biggest fan of PR remakes of fairy tales etc... but this was surprising . I've read all the Queen books . Love , love , love menage RHR ! The more the merrier ! Ms. Burkhart , you have a friggin awesome dirty mind ! Can't get enough of it ! Keep up keeping it up ! Lol !!
Laurie Goad
More than 5 stars

It is an absolute treasure to read any books that this author writes this series is that absolutely fantastic. I love the ways that she spends ancient fantasy Tales into more modern day fantasies and brings all of this together I recommend this book in any of the series
Jeri L. Moseley
Camelot restored!

It's time for the King to fall and for the true Queen of Camelot to take the thrown. I love that Joely, took the already published story of Queen Takes Camelot and seamlessly tied into the new Queen Takes Camelot. Joely's re-imagination of the class Knights of the Round Table is spellbinding. Plus she gives a sneak peek at future works.
Meghan
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic addition to the Their Vampire Queen series! Joely Sue Burkhart has created an incredibly detailed world based on ancient mythology & theology that comes alive on the page, and her version of the Camelot legends is just as lush and dark as the rest of the series. I love that she’s pushing the world forward and finding more stories to tell. I can’t wait to read about the next Aima Queen!
Laura Omari
Couldn't put it down

I absolutely love Joely Sue Burkart Quuen Vampires stories. It's intriguing, hot, emotional and full of monsters (which I love). Once you start you can't stop and you are impatient for the next one!
sherri winters
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this extended book! I really enjoyed the way Gwen treats her blood after waiting so long to find them. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down. I did enjoy the way Mrs. Burkhart uses the legend of King Arthur for this book! I can’t wait for more of her story to come out!
Sassha Martin
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally!!!

I'm glad that with the help of Queen Shara, Queen Gwen finally won the battle against the evil King Arthur and Queen Elaine. Queen Gwen now has her four bloods(Sir Lance, Bors, Mordred, && Merlin) back together again. I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Nora
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving Gwen and how this story flows between her and Lancelot, Mordred and Bors. Will she get to Merlin in time? Will she be able to fight off Arthur? With Shara Gwen is stronger than ever. Will she stop history repeating? Very well written and I've reread it multiple times now.
Noelle Woodruff
Queen Takes Camelot

Amazing!! Yasss Joely!!! This book was awesome and of course Joely does not disappoint when it comes to her Vampire Queens. I love Qwen and her blood! Also I love the spin on King Arthur as well. So good!
Unique Stitcher
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book.
Pagewonderer
Great addition

This is a wonderful addition to the Vampire Queen Series. Gwen is strong and her knights are fierce. I love this spin on King Arthur.
Beth DiLoreto
Loved it

One of the best books ever. I was so excited for Gwen and her blood. It had me captured from the first moment.
Danielle Gumm
Amazeballs

Joely you have done it again! This book was awesome I can’t wait to see what you have next in the series I love it!!!
Lisa Baffi
Five stars!!

I have loved every story in this series! The interactions between the blood is so entertaining. Also, the queens are kickass!! Can't wait for the next one!
Galina Sulaiman
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Queen takes Camelot Gwen

A great story of Gwen and her knights! Loved the ending! Totally enjoyed this book. A definite great Amina queen.
Mariah
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent

An excellent edition to the series! Always hated Arthur, loved this take on Camelot and the Once and Future Queen!
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

I'm in love with this series! I really did like reading Gwen's story. I just wish we could get more, the stories sometimes feel rushed to me.
S D W
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

I liked it. It's not my favorite of the series. I felt like the relationships and character development were rushed but it is a novella. The plot was excellent.

• Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Friends With The Monsters
  • Wicked Webs
  • A Tail of Two Kitties (The Fox and the Hounds #2)
  • Risen (Rise of the Iliri #10)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe #1)
  • Hope (Rise of the Iliri #11)
  • Sixth Sense (Lovin' the Coven #6)
  • Compel Me (The Last Vocari, #1)
  • The Queen of Carnage
  • Magic Unchained (Half-Blood Academy #4)
  • Once Upon a Witch (Everafter Academy, #2)
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Blaze of Wrath (Phoenix Rising #5)
  • Academy of Monsters (Descendants of Nightmares Book One)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!