Start by marking “Armer Pettersson” as Want to Read:
Armer Pettersson

Armer Pettersson (Pettson och Findus)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  589 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Noch nie was vom alten Pettersson gehört? Dann wird es aber höchste Zeit! Der alte Pettersson, der samt Kater Findus auf einem kleinen Bauernhof lebt, kann nämlich nicht nur Geburtstagstorte backen und Feuerwerk machen, manchmal kann er auch ziemlich schlechte Laune haben. Im Herbst zum Beispiel, wenn es draußen feucht und kalt ist. Wie ein Autoreifen, dem die Luft ausgeht ...more
Gebundene Ausgabe, 28 pages
Published February 28th 1988 by Oetinger Verlag (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Armer Pettersson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armer Pettersson

Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
As with my previous reading in this series, I have a strong suspicion that there have been some changes made during the translation process in addition to the names of the characters being inexplicably changed, but not having the original or knowing the language I can't say for sure. The tone seemed different as well as the personalities.

But, kudos to Nordqvist for addressing depression in a picture book, and making it neither too serious or slight.
A charming Swedish children's book about depression. Pettson is an eccentric farmer who lives alone with his manic cat Findus - there is a whole series, and one can safely assume that this won't be the first time the reader has met them. Usually Pettson is no worse than grumpy and a little out of it, but now he's suddenly got no energy at all. He sits listless and dejected, with a symbolic rain cloud hovering over his head. (The artwork tends to be on the magical realist side). Findus does his b ...more
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the best children's books I've read in a while. Mercury's antics and irrepressible desire to cheer up his master made me laugh out loud and reminded me far too much of my own children. It was also a delight to go back through the illustrations in careful search for the small creatures that populate each page. I can't wait to hit the library in search of more books from this series!
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
А как вы боритесь с грустью? Кот главного героя рыбалкой, к чему и хозяина приучает. Доброе произведение для малышей.
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2017
I still think this books does a better job as a comic book.
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Früher war ich absoluter Findus Fan doch auch heute erinnere ich mich gerne an die netten Geschichten zurück die mir meine Mutter mir damals vorgelesen hat.
Nordqvist's wonderful Swedish childrens tales feature lively characters and, at least in the case of Festus and Mercury, a depth that is unusual for short illustrated books. . . and Wishing to Go Fishing is one of the best. Also, Nordqvist's art is detailed and comical--just the right combination to keep kids enthralled, waiting for the next page to turn.
Nadchodzi jesień - czas, kiedy pogoda sprzyja melancholijnemu patrzeniu za okno i marzeniu o tym, żeby nic nie robić. Findus pomysłowo zachęca staruszka, żeby wybrali się na ryby - w malarskim otoczeniu jesiennych drzew, na środku jeziora, Pettson odzyskuje dobry humor.
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I read these as a child and I loved the cat and the old man. Encourages children to be different and tolerant.
One of my favorite books as a child, still quite funny just to check the pictures, and they have a special place in my heart :) Best childbooks ever!
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Lots of fun
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read Festus & Mercury Wishing to Go Fishing. Truly wonderful. I just love this author. I'm sorry that it is out of print. I wish I could find an affordable copy.
Tommy Schlosser
All the Festus & Mercury books are great!
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Min yngsta älskar Pettson. Hon har snart alla böcker och ja, jag gillar nog att läsa dem också. :)

Mu youngest loves Pettson. We almost owns all the books and yes, I like reading them to. :)
Rebecca Erlewein
May 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Pettersson is depressed and Findus can't help but try to get him out of his dark mood. The deepest of the Pettersson and Findus books, and therefor my other favourite of the series.
S.M.M. Lindström
Barndomsnostalgi till 100%! Pettson-böckerna har alltid varit mysiga och stämningsfulla, rekommenderar dem till alla.
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kui ma oleks laps, siis loeksin selle nii toredate piltidega raamatu kapsaks.
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of Pettersson and Findus.
Oct 07, 2012
Jun 13, 2012
Jun 22, 2016
Nov 02, 2015
  • Lotta's Bike
  • Diamantmysteriet (LasseMajas detektivbyrå, #1)
  • When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town
  • Good Night, Alfie Atkins
  • Ich mach dich gesund, sagte der Bär
  • Ollie's Ski Trip
  • Berts dagbok (Bert, #1)
Sven Nordqvist (born 30 April 1946) is a Swedish writer and illustrator of children's books. He is best known for his series Pettson and Findus, about an old farmer, Pettson, and his talented cat, Findus.

Nordqvist was born in Helsingborg and grew up in Halmstad, Sweden. He originally wanted to be an illustrator but was rejected by several art schools. Instead he studied architecture at Lund Instit
More about Sven Nordqvist...

Pettson och Findus (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus & Pettson)
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Pettersson zeltet
  • Findus und der Hahn im Korb
  • Findus and the Fox
  • When Findus was Little and Disappeared (Pettsson and Findus)
  • Morgen, Findus, wird's was geben
  • Aufruhr im Gemüsebeet (Pettersson und Findus)
  • Findus flyttar ut