Start by marking “Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)” as Want to Read:
Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)

Conspiracy of Ravens

(Raven Crawford #1)

Raven Crawford knows better than to venture into the seductive world of the dark fae or agree to any of their salacious promises. She plans to pay off her debts so she can get on with her life and stay far away from the denizens of the Underworld.

Unfortunately, her numbskull twin steals from the most tempting and lethal fae of them all. Now, Raven must help the Lord of
Published October 21st 2019 by JCM Publications

To ask other readers questions about Conspiracy of Ravens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conspiracy of Ravens

Start your review of Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
Marta Cox
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Can we just stop and admire that cover artwork because it's truly beautiful and definitely caught my eye. This world the author has created has outed the paranormals in it due to the fae going to war and as this story begins its only because to the powers of Odin that an uneasy accord has been reached. Most humans quite rightly fear the fae but there appears to even be hatred for witches and shifters too. Raven is something special although most believe her to be a Fox shifter like her family. ...more
Beth
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
What's not to enjoy in Conspiracy of Ravens. It had everything I love to read about. Magic, mystery and mayhem with fae, mythology and lots of steamy chemistry.

Ravin and her twin brother grew up in a family of fox shifters. The family has helped both Ravin and her brother hide their true nature, they are actually 1/2 fae. There mother has had them hid their heritage their entire lives.

Raven's twin goes missing and very powerful fae come to Raven and her family to entice, threaten and/or even
Sonja
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

This was SUCH a good book. I enjoyed almost everything about it. I laughed, I swooned (a lot), and kept wanting to find out what happened next. It was a great world created here with an interesting combination of dark realms, shifters, normals, and Nordic myths. What I really liked, that we definitely do not get enough of, was just how realistic and believable Raven was. She knew her limits and had no illusions of her being a one woman army. She had spunk, but knew when to bite her
Eva Millien
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven Crawford plans to pay off her debts so she can get on with her life and stay far away from the denizens of the Underworld. Unfortunately, her numbskull twin steals from the most tempting and lethal fae of the all and now, Raven must help the Lord of Shadows get back what her idiot bother stole.

A compelling and refreshingly different paranormal read that combines a creative twists of elements to form a unique world with strong, bold characters that easily grab readers’ attention and holds
Heather Gilbert
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Good start!

A well done UF that sets the stage for an interesting new world. There are gods, myths and legends, all placed in a universe that is struggling to make sense of them. Good characters, interesting developments.

Pros:
- Family first.
- Characters have depth and interrupt motives.
- Life still goes on.
- Her powers are incredibly unique, and I live where she gets them!

Cons:
- Needs about her mom.
- Ending feels... off?
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Raven Crawford is in a bad place. Her ex-boyfriend declared bankruptcy and stiffed her with his $50,000 bank loan that she co-signed, now he's a doctor and she's had to give up college and work with her father in his detective agency to (barely) meet the bills.

There are two dark fae lords looking for her twin brother Bear, and they won't believe her when she says she doesn't know where he is. He's stolen something very valuable and both fae lords want it back.

This book has
Meghan Lloyd
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the author's note to the epilogue with a promise of more, this book captured my attention! The author has a way with words that makes you stay up to the wee hours of the morning just so you can experience the story without a single solitary break. I truly can't pinpoint an instance within this book where I wanted to put it down - I just kept reading until I was finished. This is the first book I've read by J.C. McKenzie, and it's a shame that I did not find her sooner.

Lord of Shadows,
C.J. Burright
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was offered the chance to read Conspiracy of Ravens, I immediately had my grabby hands going on because I loved the Carus Chronicles and I kinda-sorta have a thing for mythological ravens. I suspected this story was going to hit the spot and I wasn’t wrong. While I do love me a kick-ass heroine, one of the many things I loved about the main character (Raven) was the fact that she wasn’t all that. It was almost refreshing to have an imperfect heroine who didn’t have skills and couldn’t ...more
Kathy Mayer
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome. Loved the sexual tension & steamy make out sessions. I loved the fae aspects last well. And I always love anything with supernatural characters. Raven is a tired overworked person who was taken advantage of by her ex. Now strapped down with a huge loan she spends her days working 2 jobs trying to scrape by. She is also a little ignorant at times & over thinks things! Her twin brother, Bear is an angry person. He only thinks of himself. He stole something from the ...more
Dot & Needle
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
We meet Raven Crawford, the main character of this book working at a job she hates, down on her luck and saddled with her ex’s debts. All this seems frivolous when the power hitters of the otherworldly/fae realms start calling on her looking for her brother.

I always enjoy a grumpy heroine and Raven had good snark and did not have the sense to be rightfully curled up under a table which is always fun in a heroine. Raven also had sizzling chemistry with Cole and I enjoyed their interactions. The
Stacy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raven is my kind of people. Half hot-mess, half bad-ass, all awesome.

Not only did I enjoy Raven, but I enjoyed her family. They have a great relationship and I loved getting to know them.

I loved the chemistry between Raven and Cole. I enjoyed the way they interacted and the way they worked together. There was a lot of fighting feelings on Raven's side. I loved the way Cole handled it and the overall progression.

I can't really get into the plot as it would give away spoilers. I will say that the
Meghan
This book was received as an ARC from J. C. McKenzie in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was very intrigued when I was introduced to this book die to its amazing cover art and intriguing description so immediately I had high expectations for this book. My expectations were met and then some. Raven was such a mesmerizing protagonist that you could not help but support her and be on her side. While aiming to pay off her debts,
Diana Brown
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for the advanced copy Conspiracy of ravens. This was book 1 of the Raven Crawford series and I look forward to reading the next book. Raven works two jobs to pay off the loan she stupidly co-signed for her boyfriend. She has always tried to steer clear of the Fae world, until her twin steals from the Lord of Shadows. After that her world is turned upside down. Raven who is a
PI by day for her stepfather and a waitress at night, has a lot of snark which I like...and her diner
Emily Dickson
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven was a fantastic character. She's a PI and a waitress and a twin. When her twin Bear is missing and all of a sudden trouble starts. Bear stole something and is missing and it seems that everyone in the Underworld wants it and wants to use Raven as bait to get it. Raven teams up with Cole who is Underworld. Lots of action and some steam with plenty of humor and some great secondary characters. Loved it!! I look forward to the next book! I am voluntarily reviewing an arc.
Pam
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! Loved the world McKenzie built. Loved the bit of mystery. Loved the chemistry between Raven and Cole. Loved how it reminded me of the Charley Davidson series with a lot of laugh out loud moments. Can't wait to read more.
Helen Wawrejko
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven is a PI by day, and waitress at a greasy spoon by night. Saddled with a co signed loan from an ex that declared bankruptcy, she is so not prepared for the hot guy that shows up in the diner looking for her twin brother Bear. Or everyone else that wants to find him. Bear has stolen something that the dark fae covet, and Raven needs to find him before they do. This was a great mystery with mythology figures sprinkled in. And snarky dialog...great snarky dialog with a protagonist with an ...more
Michelle
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

Absolutely riveting, loved it, I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters, especially Raven, and the storyline was captivating, Raven's abilities was interesting and there are questions answered in this book. I loved the little sayings at the beginning of each chapter and Raven's pet peeves made me laugh. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
T.M. Payne
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, Book 1)
Author: J.C. McKenzie
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
An amazing story this is.
If you enjoy lords, dark, light, queens and much more you will love this book.
Raven has no idea what her abilities are, she is usually carefree and cares less. However, when her twin brother goes missing she has to grow up even more.
Cole steps in and spins her world upside down and inside out, but he isn't the only sexy man
Shanice
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 stars!

Let me start off by saying that this book was so darn funny. I had to laugh out loud a couple of times, even though we read Raven's inner monologue from a third person point of view (kudos to the author J.C. Mckenzie for pulling that off!)

Raven is a snarky young woman, working her ass off at a lousy waitress job while trying to pay off the debts her loser ex left her with. Even though this sounds pretty sad, Raven keeps on going with a positive attitude and gets through her day
Tammy Northington
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven is part shifter--an especially unique shifter part. When she shifts, it's in to a conspiracy of several ravens. Some would call it a flock, but that's not the correct terminology. She's trying to become her own woman away from her family & she works 2 jobs to try to do it. One evening at work, a TDD (tall, dark & dangerous or deadly, take your pick) man walks in to the diner. Something about him has her on edge & when he asks about her twin brother that's all she needs to tell ...more
Pamela
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raven Crawford wants no dealings with the fae or the Underworld, but things change when her twin brother, Bear, suddenly turns up missing. With two fae lords demanding his whereabouts, Raven knows something bad has went down. That becomes even more clear when she learns he's stolen a very important artifact. Raven has to get to him before it's too late.

Although she has grown up in a fox shifter family, Raven and her twin are something much different. Keeping their identities and abilities
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Packed with thrills! 4.5 stars

This is my first read from this author. I like paranormal romance so I decided to give it a try to J.C. McKenzie's book 'Conspiracy of Ravens', the 1st story in her new series. If you like stories set in the Underworld filled with paranormal beings and creatures such as shifters and dark fae lords, then you are in for a treat! You won’t be disappointed!

Raven Crawford's ex has left her with lots of debts, so she has to work two jobs. Working as a waitress at her
Chrissie Gerber
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm back with another great read. It seems right now the Fantasy books are just what I'm craving more than anything else. And this one had me enjoying every moment. First off, this book is not for younger readers, as sex is present in this story. Please be advised.

Now, Raven, the main protagonist, is not a model or perfect. She is, however, very real and very flawed. For once, I enjoyed the fact that we did not get the perfect main character. We got to learn and grow with her, fight through her
Chrissie
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-arc
Okay, I don't think a book has ever made me laugh out loud so many times in my life! Raven Crawford is bloody hilarious and I love her! She has hilarious thoughts and reactions. It's great when even other characters in the book think her reaction is nuts. Also, she should have b*tch slapped Robert to the Otherworld and left his ass there to rot. Just saying...hopefully she sues his ass.

As a Canadian, I can tell you I have never heard the term "Douche Canoe" before, but after reading it for the
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
CONSPIRACY OF RAVENS is the first book in the Raven Crawford series, and we meet Raven who is half-Fae and half-shifter. She is living on a knife's edge financially due to her ex-boyfriend and is too proud to ask for help. Instead, she gives up on her dreams and works at a dead-end job.

Her life changes when her twin disappears and two dark Fae Lords enter her life. Her mother has always warned her away from the Underworld, although she doesn't really know why. This means she has a woeful lack of
Sandra Dailey
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this book as an ARC for a fair and impartial review*.
I’ve read a few of J.C. McKenzie’s books. She always offers well-developed characters and vivid descriptions. You can almost picture yourself walking across the room and entering the conversation. However, the dangerous situations her characters find themselves in would keep you in your chair to safely eavesdrop. They live in a world much different than our own. Their world consists of different realms and magical, mystical
Ashley Reyes
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy from Netgalley for an honest review.

This book was a fun mashup of different beliefs, deities, and the idea that scientists screwed up and brought about magic (Because they couldn’t think of a better name) in the world through physics.

Raven and her twin are shifters, but not the garden variety foxes like their half siblings. In a world of magic and strangeness, the still feel odd, with no link to their mysterious father.
The family business is investigations, so when
Kelly
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series. While a little slow to start, the story picks up speed and Raven is caught between the Lord of Shadows and the Lord of War, both of whom are looking for her missing twin brother.

If it wasn’t for bad luck, Raven wouldn’t have any luck at all and being tossed into the middle of fighting Fae isn’t a good place to be. Fortunately she’s not alone in her fight and her developing feelings for a dark Fae lord may make things even more complicated.

The author has set a scene
Miki
Promising beginning of a new series. I love the twists on the supernatural and fae in this world building. Raven is a funny character as she knows so little about fae while being part of them. Cole is funny as well and powerful of course.

Raven is tasked to find the " Claíomh Solais" her brother stole but what it is, what power it has and whom it belong to she has no idea and she doesn't care all she wants is to protect her twin for that she is ready to make deal with powerful entities like the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon Book 1)
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • The Wind's Call (The Broken Lands, #4)
  • Courting Darkness (The Magicsmith, #2)
  • Heart of the Thief (The Wardbreaker Book 1)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Wishful Thinking (How To Be The Best Damn Faery Godmother In The World Or Die Trying #1)
  • A Drop of Magic (The Magicsmith, #1)
  • Venom & Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (The Nightwatch #1)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
Born and raised on the Haida Gwaii, off the West Coast of Canada, J.C. McKenzie grew up in a pristine wilderness that inspired her to dream. She writes Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance.

Raven Crawford (2 books)
  • Nevermore (Raven Crawford, #2)
“Mike’s eyebrows rose. “What did Cole say when you asked him about Lloth?” Raven wrung her hands in her apron. “Raven?” Mike growled. “We got…” She looked away and heat crept up her neck. “Distracted.” Mike groaned. “Are you kidding me? If you were in a horror movie, you’d be the one who’d jump in the serial killer’s truck.” “That’s not fair. While I admit, I occasionally have brain farts—” “Raven. Your brain doesn’t fart. It completely shits itself.” “That’s” 1 likes
“Look. Part of me wants to be difficult just to spite you for kidnapping me, but I have a low pain tolerance and no delusions of grandeur. I honestly don’t know where he is. He hasn’t returned my last three texts and I haven’t seen or heard from him in a week.” 1 likes