Start by marking “Another Dead Intern” as Want to Read:
Another Dead Intern

Another Dead Intern

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When Morgan Burns applied for an internship with Hemlock Connal P.I, he thought he'd signed up for coffee runs and printing jobs, not preternatural investigation.

As he starts his new job, Morgan learns about the unseen and blended landscape of magic. Soon he finds himself meeting grungy pixies, mixing with fairy royals, and the annoyingly bad musical talents of
Published October 15th 2019 by Independent

To ask other readers questions about Another Dead Intern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Dead Intern

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Another Dead Intern
Janet Newport
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you BookSprout and Joel Spriggs for this arc.

What a fun world. This was an easy fast paced read for me. The story never let up. There were great characters throughout and they mostly felt real.

I do hope Joel keeps these stories coming.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
T.J. Fox
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review-copy
Overall: 3/5 Stars
Characters: 3/5 Stars
Peeve Factor: 2.5/5 Stars
World Building: 3/5 Stars
Personal Opinion: 3/5 Stars

The foundation and plot of this story are both really good. I would have given this a higher rating, but it is a little rough around the edges and I kept running into issues that pulled me out of the story.

One of the bigger ones I was never able to quite pinpoint and say “this is an editing issue” or “this is a stylistic thing” becaus
Anders Haywood
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great new Paranormal Investigator series!

I have read quite a few new Paranormal Investigation books, that I've not bothered to review because they were carbon copies of themselves. This book was different enough that I had some fun reading through it and learning the lore.
Firstly, to start with the bad parts, I wasn't sure about the universe of the book, because the main protagonist experiences some supernatural strangeness in his 'job interview' but he doesn't react. This made me ques
Iseult Murphy
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A fun, exciting urban fantasy with great characters and an exciting plot. I particularly liked Hemlick and Queen Fand, and all the little spells and tricks the Sidhe can do. The only let down with this book was that I didn’t feel particularly close to any of the characters. It would have been nice to know their thoughts and feelings. However, I hope there will be more Hemlock adventures and if so, I look forward to reading them.
I received an advanced reader copy of this book from Booksprout in
Pat Eroh
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great paranormal story with lots of action and a fun storyline. Morgan and Hemlock are a great team of paranormal detectives and this author brings them alive in this story.

Chuck
marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2019
is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2019

• The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #1)
  • Hail to the Chin: Further Confessions of a B Movie Actor
  • Make Love! the Bruce Campbell Way
  • If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor
  • Canni
  • Suicide Forest (World's Scariest Places #1)
  • Crooked Souls
  • The Devil's Woods
  • Undead as a Doornail (Phoenix Bones: International Monster Hunter Book 1)
  • Doggem
  • No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days
  • Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)
  • The Search
  • An Ice Road Through Hell: A Milk & Cook E. Novella
  • Affinity's Window
  • Blood Drops: A Collection of Horror Short Stories
  • Sinners (Sinners to Saints Book 1)
  • Rattus Rattus
Joel Spriggs (1982-?) was born and raised in Frankfort, IN. He graduated from Franklin College of Indiana in 2004 with a Bachelors of the Fine Arts in Computer Science and Broadcast Journalism.

Joel's first novel, "Over A God's Dead Body" was published on the Kindle platform in June 2018 and is the first in a planned series surrounding the same characters and fantasy world.

Joel has suc