Start by marking “Right Next Door” as Want to Read:
Right Next Door

Right Next Door

John and Marcy Stanley moved to The Coves for the quiet life. When the two meet the couple next door, they think they’ve struck neighbor gold. Jill and Marcy become fast friends, but It isn’t until Marcy receives an ominous letter that she begins to suspect Jill’s husband, Mark of hiding something.

Something dark.
Something violent.

Shannon Vogle was the victim of an elabo
330 pages
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Right Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Next Door

Start your review of Right Next Door
Julie
Shelves: arc
Moving to the suburbs of South Carolina is the fresh start that John and Marcy Stanley are looking forward to. Everything about this quaint town allows the couple to feel at ease with their new home. In fact – the couple made friends pretty quickly with the neighbors. Everything about the suburbs is proving to be perfect for this family of three.

The Coves is also the place that Jill and Mark call home. While the two quickly become friends with the Stanley family, Jill and Marcy seem to form an
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 Mind Bending Stars ~

Leah Montgomery has a very wicked mind. She gives us stories that will take you on a roller coaster ride. Her plot twists and turns are so unexpected, they knock you off your seat.

Right Next Door starts off with a bang….she sucks the reader in right away in the prologue. I was already invested in this story once I read the blurb. This book is 100% psychological thriller!! There really isn’t a romance sto/>~
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Leah Montgomery delivers once again and it is so hard to write a review for this book. So I’m going to keep this short and sweet because there are so many things I could spoil. I don’t read this genre all that often, but I enjoyed Leah Montgomery’s debut so I could not pass this up and I am so glad I read this one. The book kept me on the edge of my seat and I just could not stop reading. The book is addictive and engaging and oh holy wow the t
Elizabeth Clinton
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to suspense Leah Montgomery knows exactly how to make you sit on the edge of your seat.
From the very first page you will be draw in to the story of John & Marcy Stanley and their neighbors Mark & Jill Halpern.
The twists and turns of this book will have you scratching your head and thinking oh this is going to happen but when you turn the page something else totally does. I know while reading this I felt myself gasp at times, having to put it down and walk away at times bu
Krista Ricchi
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely mind blowing. This is a very dark and twisted book. I finished it in one sitting because I had to know how this story would all come together. The writing was perfect and I loved how I kept second guessing myself. The characters had some many sides to their personalities and I wasn't sure who to root for. In the end I was left shocked but loved the journey this book took me on. This should be on everyone's TBR.
Kathryn
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!!!
Oh my goodness!! Blew my mind!!
You want to solve a mystery?? Want to be shocked and blown away too??
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!
I could not put it down and was seriously blown away at the ending!!
AWESOMENESS!!!
buzy_reading
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Coves were known as a safe place to raise a family. A quiet safe neighborhood is just what Jill and Mark needed.
Marcy, the nosey neighbor, was eager to meet her new neighbors. She watched them from across the street waiting an opportunity to introduce her and husband.
Marcy is an observant and protective character who takes it upon herself to play detective after receiving a threatening letter in her mailbox. John her husband entertains his wife’s need for snooping teases her about poking h
Alexa Nichole Demers
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mother of god. This book. I can’t even.

Review to come shortly.

Edit:

Ok it’s time for the actual review. Leah Montgomery comes with her second novel and let me tell you it was one hell of a novel. I pride myself on being able to guess the end. (It’s a super power I have, lame I know) I made my guess and I was wrong. Seriously wrong and it was brilliant.

I’m not going to go into anything with this review. I’m sorry. The summary that you get above is re
Andrea
5 suspenseful stars!!!

It’s a long time since a book has kept me awake way into the early hours of a ‘school’ night with the need to finish it but Right Next Door has done just that. I absolutely loved the stress, tension, the genius plot twists and the total thrill of this book.

I don’t want to say anything about this book without giving away at least a small spoiler except to say, Leah Montgomery has blown my mind AGAIN!!!!!

I love a good thriller and I pride myself on being able to guess the way the pl
Terri
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Loved it!!! I love a book where you are really surprised. I was up until 3 AM because I simply couldn’t put it down and then I thought about it all day long; anxious to get home and see what happened next. Give it up. You won’t see this coming at all. So good!

John and Marcy move to The Coves in South Carolina and soon meet their neighbors Jill and Mark. Jill is very nice but Mark is a little off-putting/odd. And then Marcy gets a threatening letter in the mail. She reads it before
JB Emre
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
Leah Montgomery has done it again. The book starts off in a way that sucks you into it's mystery. No way, no how was I putting this book down until I found out how that unfolded. There are glimpses and then focus on the characters lives leading up to a truly crazy plot twist. I LOVE when that happens. Keeps you on edge. Keeps you guessing. Leads you down a path to total self vindication with every turned page, only to find out you were completely wrong the whole time. When you get to that moment ...more
Becky
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grips you from the very first page. Imagine waking up, not knowing where you are or how you got there. The room is pitch black without even a sliver of light. You start to panic when you realize that you are completely alone and you are trapped. That's how we meet Shannon.

Then there is Marcy. School teacher, wife, mother. All she wants to do is be a good mom and help her daughter. Until she meets the new neighbors. There's definitely something suspicious happening there, an
Lexie Abshire
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book starts off from Shannon's experience.
"He made himself my nightmare"
"I made him my obsession"
She began her search for the man who hurt her. She wrote down every detail she could remember from the time he took her to when he dropped her off. It took 10 months, but now she is looking at that man. It is time for revenge. I don't want to give too much away, but this book will keep you guessing. You get such a detailed account of what she went through.
It alternates to Marcy's P.
Donna ~
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love a story that grabs you and keeps you engaged right through to the very last word. Talk about a twisted tale ....that is exactly what Leah Montgomery has delivered in Right Next Door.

A well told story of suffering, survival and karma and healing. I will not even pretend to tell you that I was not surprised by some of the twists that this story takes. Not only are the characters engaging but the plot line is flawless.

I believe the author has proven “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”.
Lauren R.
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get your favorite blanket, hot drink and be ready to enjoy the psychological ride that will have you hiding under the covers at night after you finish reading it.
Author Leah Montgomery gives another exciting, shocking and twisted mystery book that will have you well entertained.
I enjoyed that once I started reading, I could not put it down.
I was like my own Sherlock Holmes trying to put all the clues together to unfold the plot.
I was not expecting that ending and I loved
Michell Hall casper
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this book 4.5 stars...…

This book is told in the POV of two women. Once you start reading you will understand why. It was a edge of your seat twisted read. Just when I thought I had it figured out Montgomery went and changed everything up on me. And left me with jaw my on the floor. And left me questioning why throughout the entire book. This was a great read. My only issue was in the middle of the book it did slow a little before it picked up again. I can't wait for more from
Jillian
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Never second guess a mother’s intuition. A mind bending story that takes us down the tracks of a run away train. Not knowing if it can be slowed, steered to safety, or if it will ultimately plunge into darkness. With each twist and turn you, the reader, can feel your palms becoming damp with with each turning page. How far are you willing to go for the ones you love? “It can turn a nightmare into a secret obsession”. A riveting storyline making the pages fly by, not wanting to see the story come
Lulu Dumonceaux
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing story and so masterfully written. There is almost a desperate need to chase down the clues to find the answers to this twisted, unimaginable journey and if, how, why, can it be connected. This book will take you to extreme levels of emotions, panic, dread, anger, fear, rage, sorrow. And then need - curiosity, retribution, justice to answers. And finally - then shockingly, so completely perfectly the conclusion powerfully puts all the pieces together that you never saw coming. Brill ...more
Krystal
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Leah Montgomery does it again. Delivers a truly psychological thriller. My advice- drie right in and see for yourself. I was one the edge of my seat, completely absorbed in the story. This story will have you in complete wonder as where everything is headed to. But then it happens. Thinking I knew where it was headed, to just then be proved completely wrong. Twist after twist occur and once things hit that fan. It is a total “ oh my.. “ moment !
Alisa
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by Leah Montgomery and man I was blown away!!! I loved the twists and turns and suspense! This book kept me on the edge! Just when I thought I had it figured out, wham!! Definitely not what I expected was going to happen! If you’re fans of Lisa Jewel, then this book is a must read!!
Gigi
This book had me hooked from start to finish. It had me edgy. I had to know what was going to happen next. It kept me guessing and guessing. At the end it left me like OhMgee. I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. If you love a good mystery suspense. Then this is your book. Leah has given us an amazing book, and It’s a must read. Get it, Read it Now!!!
Melanie Cesa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ooooh, this was so good! I love the way this story is written, with the back and forth from one persons current perspective to the perspective and occurrences of the victim. It is so detailed and came together perfectly. This story and the characters draw you in from the start. It’s suspenseful and keeps you guessing. What a ride!
Jazmine Lebron
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Leah Montgomery pulls you in from the very start in Right Next Door. This book will you keep you guessing and wanting to find out what happens. It is filled with so many twist. I was so absorbed in the story that it kept me up late in the night. I definitely had many "OMG" and "WTF" moments lol. This is truly a well written psycholigical thriller.
H.
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew. What a ride. I'll just say that if you think you know what's going on, you're probably wrong. There were some things, in retrospect, that didn't really add up, but I couldn't put the book down once I started. I had to find out how it was going to end.
Yulanda Bolton
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the prologue of this book and there after from the first chapter to the last chapter you will captivated with twist and turns. Dealing with two couples. I definitely recommend reading this joy without a doubt.
Mel
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Read the first few chapters and just couldn't get into it.
Bonnie Schuster
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Very good Mystery/Thriller! Has a very shocking ending, that will surprise everyone! Will make a great movie! Highly recommended for all!
Nadine Bookaholic
I won a copy of this book through a Facebook giveaway, YAY ME!
Raver
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a story! I don't even know where to start and I certainly don't want to give anything away. It is a must read!
Jdursi
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Updated) WoW! What a story!! I love a good mind f* and RIGHT NEXT DOOR does not disappoint. When all is revealed, my mouth hit the floor. I actually went back and re-read a few passages that stuck out in my mind and NOTHING is given away. I really cannot wait to see what else Ms. Montgomery has in store for us in the future.

• Lucky and the Falling Felon (The Carriage House Capers #1)
  • Lucky and the Axed Accountant (The Carriage House Capers #2)
  • Lucky and the Banged-up Ballerina (The Carriage House Capers #3)
  • Lucky and the Crushed Clown (The Carriage House Capers #4)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Lucky and the Drowned Debutante (The Carriage House Capers #5)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Where the Blame Lies
I love a good mystery, don't you?  I've always loved reading them and watching them, trying to figure them out.  Now I love crafting them.  It's a mind-blowing blessing to be able to do the work that I truly love every day of the week, every week of the year.  I'm living proof that dreams DO come true.  Here's to chasing them!