Start by marking “Cam's Quest: The Continuing Story of Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice” as Want to Read:

Cam's Quest: The Continuing Story of Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice (Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice #2)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Cam's Quest starts right where Princess Nevermore left off. Cam, the apprentice of the famous underground wizard Melikar, has no idea who he is. He has had unanswered questions from his past for as long as he can remember, but no one to answer them.

Cam is suddenly replaced by someone else as Melikar's apprentice which leaves Cam free to explore his past in hopes that he m
Published February 1st 2007 by Lerner Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cam's Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam's Quest

Cat Conner
I thought I was going to pee my pants when I found out that Curtis Regan had written a sequel to "Princess Nevermore". I bought "Princess Nevermore" in the fourth grade and have read it several times. The novel isn't a work of literary genius, but it's original, entertaining, and engaging. "Princess Nevermore" is my biggest comfort novel of all time, outside of the Harry Potter series. I have been looking for the sequel for years and was so thrilled to find a continuation of the cliffhanger endi ...more
Mimi
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teenagers
I actually liked this sequel more than the first, Princess Nevermore, which is usually not the case with sequels. (And obviously I did like the first or I wouldn't have bothered read the second, but I really liked this one.)

We switch back and forth between Cam and Quinn's points of view, and Adam, Mondo, and Sarah are back in the story for a bit.

We finally get to discover Cam's back story and heritage. We also get to learn whether Quinn will bow to protocol or forge her own trail.

In the book, Ad
Julie
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
After feeling like the ball was dropped re: Cam in the previous book, I was glad to find he had a book of his own. It was a really fast read. I find that I like Cam way more than I like Quinn.

Also, some of the writing really bothered me this time around - overuse of similes, stilted dialogue (especially for the residents of "Outer Earth," and even one place where the entirely wrong word was used. It really pulled me out of the story.

Anyway, it's a cute story for mid-level readers.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Regan, Dian Curtis Cam's Quest, 334 p. Darby Creek, 2007.

Princess Quinn's father is determined to have her married off - and soon. So she suffers through endless balls meeting endless prince's who do absolutely nothing for her. But Quinn in pinning for Adam, the boy she left behind in the world above. Meanwhile, Cam, the wizard's apprentice is cast loose from his home; he wants so badly to offer for Quinn's hand, buts dares not, because he has no idea of his family and origins. The answers for
Anna Maliszewski
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
After waiting over a decade for a sequel, I was sorely disappointed in this one. It didn't help that I was no longer a middle schooler reading the book (kids aren't the biggest critics while reading novels), but I felt the plot and fluidity of the story fell short. Shame, since Princess Nevermore was great!
Cindy
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Like the first book, this one was cute, but a lot of it just seemed choppy and unrealistic. First, Adam and Quinn, who loved each other, are quick to brush off what they had and move on to the next person (in Quinn's case). What an excellent example to set for young teens. Second, Mondo in the first book mentions that he could not age any faster in earth as he did in Mandria. In the second book, about a year later in Mandrian years he says something on the lines of "Oh, well I guess I age faster ...more
Ashley
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it. However, who doesn't like a book that makes what you want to see happen in a story happen. A few twist and turns for some excitement, but mainly a very happy reader. I read "Princess Nevermore" for the first time in 8th grade (so roughly 1998-99). After a lot of waiting for a sequel, and then a lot of waiting to actually remember to get it and read it, I have to say I am very pleased with how everything turned out and connected together. If you loved the first book ...more
Kathleen Northwood
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Cam's Quest is a cute story, but it was a little disappointing. The plot was very choppy and didn't flow correctly. It felt as though Quinn's and Cam's problems were solved too quickly and too conveniently. The characters also felt less realistic and in-depth than I remember them being in the first book, Princess Nevermore. At some points, they seemed to be feeling one way, and then would have a complete change of mood and feel something else. It was a sweet and enjoyable story though,
Janeen-san
Nov 18, 2008 rated it liked it
A brillant sequel to Princess Nevermore.

Cam, Mikiar's apprentice, goes to Up There to find Quinn and bring her back to Mandrai before her wedding starts. Will she find out that the mortal Adam is really the one for her? Or will she give in and marry one of the courtiers her father has chossen?
Cam embarks on a quest to find Princess Quinn, but also to to find out more about himself.

I really liked this book. It was a tale of love, braverly and discovery.
Ashley
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
When I read Princess Nevermore, this sequel wouldn't exist for a few years. I was so excited to find out that Regan had written it to finish the story. I loved Cam's Quest. It was even better than Princess Nevermore.
Katerina
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was considerably better than the last book. There so much more learning and self discovery in this book, compared to the foolish childishness in the last book. The ending was wonderful (although, at this point in time, I can barely remember it). :)
Hannah
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was good and fun. It has less problems and action so it could be better. It is easy to tell all along who Quinn will marry but more conflict could have made it better. But overall I enjoyed it.
Ashley Pasco
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The brillant sequel to Princess Nevermore! Regan tells what happens after Princess Nevermore and once again it was easy to just fall into the story and care about her characters. I really enjoyed this book, and am reading it again.
Tia W.
Jul 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
really good! you know how the sequal doesn't usaully match up to the origional? well this book proved it wrong, and was better than the original.
Sarah Foote
Aug 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I thought it was a good book, but the first one, Princess Nevermore, was a tiny bit better. I thought it was good, and i reccomend it to anyone!
Deana
Aug 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Deana by: Jessi Jennings
Shelves: fantasy
This story is for youth. It is a fun princess and prince type of story.
Jul 09, 2010 rated it liked it
This book is the sequel to "Princess Nevermore," and it brings the story to a much better conclusion than the first book. Another fun, light read.
Mrs. Goldman
Mar 17, 2016
Dave
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Simon's Cat: Wake Up! (Simon's Cat, #4.25)
  • A Winter's Wedding
  • The Bee-Man of Orn
  • Why?: Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards
  • Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)
  • Triple Ripple: A Fabulous Fairytale
  • The Illustrated Book of Myths
  • The Runaway Dragon (Runaway Princess, #2)
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • Summer Break (Glee, #3)
  • Midori Days, Volume 7 (Midori Days, #7)
  • The Unicorn Treasury: Stories, Poems, and Unicorn Lore
  • The Goblin War (Goblin Wood, #3)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
Dian is the author of many books for young readers, ranging from picture books to novels for teenagers. She graduated from the University of Colorado, her home state, and has also lived in Texas, Oklahoma, and Venezuela. Presently, she lives in Kansas.

More about Dian Curtis Regan

Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice (2 books)
  • Princess Nevermore (Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater
  • Ruined
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Exo (Exo #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Oddfits
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Imago (Xenogenesis, #3)
    $6.99 $1.99