Start by marking “Panic in the Treats (Sweetfern Harbor #16)” as Want to Read:
Panic in the Treats (Sweetfern Harbor #16)

Panic in the Treats

(Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #16)

Everyone at Sheffield Bed and Breakfast is excited about the prestigious wedding scheduled on the side lawn of the Inn. Besides that, Brenda Rivers expects a full house of guests the same weekend. Allie Williams, Reservationist, notes that not every guest appears happy at check in. Nadia Bouchard and Melody Basset both express by demeanor private motives for coming to ...more
Published November 6th 2019 by Majestic Owl Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Panic in the Treats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panic in the Treats

Start your review of Panic in the Treats (Sweetfern Harbor #16)
Valerie
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this was a great story. Sheffield B&B has a big wedding going down and new guest arriving. Allie notices a couple of guest were a little off but hope the sea air and shops would change their demeanor. She voiced her worries to Brenda. Brenda noticed it at dinner time. Nadia Bouchard just seemed stuffy but Melody Bassett didn't show up at all.
The next day Brenda hears of Nadia causing a ruckus at Sweet Treats, Hope Williams shop. She wonders until she experiences it and has to threaten
Diana Lindoff
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Panic in the Treats, is a Sweetfern Harbor Mysteryseries byWendy Meadows. It's anenjoyable afternoon read with a great blending of murder and suspense with a touch humor. It was easy to jump right into the story and get to know these well developed characters. The twisted mind of the killer, theintrigue and suspense make this a mysterythat's sure to capture your interest from the beginning.

The Sheffield Bed& Breakfast is preparing for a largeprestigiouswedding. All the B&B roomsare
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
The Sheffield Bed and Breakfast in Sweetfern Harbor is getting ready for a fancy society wedding. But strangely not everyone appears to be enjoying their stay. When Allie doesn’t return later as expected, Brenda and her Head Housekeeper, Phyllis, fear something is very wrong. Finding Sweet Treats locked up and a sign of a disturbance in the alley, they believe their friends, Hope and Allie, may have been kidnapped.

When Brenda’s husband, Detective Mac Rivers, reveals that Andrea Franklin has
Disney14604
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, arc, 2019
Another fine addition to this series. Fun, excitement and rabbit trails galore!!! Read and see which trail traps you!!!

Big wedding at the B&B. Even the guests can attend. The receptionist has the eye for sizing up the guests. She informs the owner. One at least has an agenda, another has interesting look on life. Others are looking to rekindle the romance in their lives. And so it goes on....

I admit the I had the one with the agenda figured out early on. The interesting outlook on life was
Roxx Tarantini
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mistaken identities . . .

. . . are at the bottom of this volume of The Sweetfern Harbor Mysteries.

The Inn is hosting a big society wedding - their biggest one yet. But among the other registered guests are two women who have Allie wondering what secrets they're hiding. One is dying and has a huge life-long chip on her shoulder; the other bears a long standing resentment that brings with it a deadly axe to grind. Whether Brenda and Phyllis can get to the bottom of both mysteries - and how they
Sue
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
The Sheffield Bed and Breakfast is brimming with excitement as they are hosting a very prestigious wedding. Brenda Rivers and her staff expect a full house of guests which means keeping them on their toes and all of their guests happy. At check-in time, Allie Williams notices that there are two very unhappy guests which she hopes won’t dampen the weekend festivities. Things do not go as planned when Brenda discovers a dear friend and her daughter have been kidnapped with all signs pointing to ...more
Bobbi
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. This story begins as everyone is getting ready to host a big wedding at the bed and breakfast. All hands are on deck to prepare and make sure the event goes on without a hitch. Well almost without a hitch. The wedding event went perfectly, however Brenda’s good friends went missing and the hunt is on to try to find them. So many suspects to choose from. There is the guest who is out for revenge, the strange and sick guest who resents anyone having happiness, several guests who ...more
Pam
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great episode in the Sweetfern Harbor series. In this one Brenda and her crew are hosting a big wedding. In the meantime, they still have guests to attend to. When Allie and then Molly both go missing, she knows that something is up and with the help of Mac, they try to figure out what is going on. Several of her guests are acting strangely and she suspects them in the disappearance. They go ahead with the wedding and it is a huge hit, with others wanting to book the Inn for their ...more
Suzy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brenda was hoping for a weekend with no murder or mystery. The Sheffield Bed and Breakfast was hosting a very important wedding and also had a full house if guests. One of the guests seemed to harbor a grudge against Hope. Brenda and Mac end up racing against time to find Hope and Allie before something unmentionable happens. In the end Brenda did find Hope and Allie, who were both physically unharmed. She and Mac were able to detain the kidnapper without anyone getting seriously injured.

I
Lisa
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
With a large wedding in the grounds and a full house for the weekend the Sheffield Bed and Breakfast is ready for a busy time. The plethora of guests are checked in but not everyone is happy to be there and not everyone is there to relax and have a good time.
With one person murdered and two of her close friends missing Brenda finds herself in grave danger.
This is a good addition to this series with some interesting characters both new and recurring. I recommend this books to all fans of cosy
Heidi Lewis
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wendy Meadows’ Sweetfern Harbor series makes you feel like you live there and all the characters are friends and neighbors. In this addition to the series, Sheffield Bed & Breakfast is gearing up for a big wedding. The wedding goes off without a problem, however B&B owner Brenda has two friends who go missing. And the list of suspects includes guests who have many issues including the need for revenge and resentment. Can Brenda find her friends before it is too late? Many twists and ...more
Fleur
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Sheffield Bed and Breakfast is holding another wedding and this one has high profile families that will really put Sheffield Bed and Breakfast on the map so of course something has to go amiss. This was so much more compelling compared to the last few books in the series as one of our own Sweetfern Harbor people is in the line of fire and things are going to get worse before they get better so hold onto your seat while we have guests who keep us guessing, revenge on the mind and a wedding to be ...more
Molly
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brenda finally reaches the conclusion that it is time to better screen the guests for her inn - past time really. With Allie at the helm of that project, hopefully they will finally have a little less drama at the inn.

In the mean time, the transient population or a bed and breakfast place puts more than the average number of crazies way to close to Brenda and her friends and family..

People are twisted, sadly. Luckily her extended friends and family group all have each other to lean on.

I
Debbie Orazi
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand it is a well written mystery with (mostly) great characters. The misdirection and suspense were well done and made the book a real page turner. But on the other hand the character Melody gave me the willies and was a total turnoff to read about. I guess that is a credit to the author for creating such an unstable character.

Lucrecia Tolbert
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brenda always seems to get interesting guests at the bed & breakfast. All of the guests are expected to get along but 2 bring immediate suspicion to the reader. Spend a couple of hours reading to find out what happens and how Brenda and Mac deals with it. The pacing of the story is fairly quick and the characters are wonderfully written.

Sandy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do weddings and murder go hand in hand?
A big society wedding is coming to the inn but of course, there is also going to be murder and lots of mystery too. I love Ms. Meadows’s cozies. This was a quick read with great twists and fun characters. This one had just a little bit more to it so it was really engaging. If you like cozy mysteries then this is the one to pick up. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Dorothy  Scott
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Sheffield Bed and Breakfast has a full house and Brenda is busy getting ready for several events. However, some of the guests seem to have agendas that will bring danger to Sweetfern Harbor. Wendy Meadows has created a rich assortment of characters in a mystery with twists and surprises. I recommend Panic In The Treats and the rest of the novels in the Sweetfern Harbor Mystery Series.

Heather Wamboldt
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Panic in the Treats is book 16 in the Sweetfern Harbor Mystery series. I loved this cozy mystery and its quirky characters. The storyline is well written and engages your interest from the start. There is humour, murder, suspense, danger, and twists and turns. This is a wonderful story for a weekend afternoon read.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Bev
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read
The Inn is full again with another great assortment of guests. Some are not as 'friendly' as others and seem to have their own agendas they want to do. With a wedding also going on it is a busy time for the staff and guests at the Inn, then murder strikes and things get to be really intense. This is another great addition to this series! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
CJ
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brenda owns the Bed and Breakfast in town. This weekend, they have a full house with many odd people as guests. When her friends go missing, her husband the police detective, she begins investigating on her own.

Savannah
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The holiday season is the best time of the year. This author isn amazing to me. The story pulls you in. The cover art is amazing. The characters are wonderful.

Linda Rainey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Good Cozy

This was a good cozy,filled with plenty of twists and turns.
I loved the storyline and all the characters.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Pat Eroh
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story as is usual by one of my favorite authors. Sweetfern harbor is in trouble again with missing ladies and more. These keep getting better and better. Love this series and this book

Cheryl
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cannot go wrong with this author!

Have read all of this series, and loved every story. Recommend starting asset the beginning to catch the nuances of the lives of the characters. Cannot wait for the next installment.
Teresa Thomas
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Sweetfern Harbor mysteries!!

Brenda is so relatable and a great detective. It doesn't hurt to have a good looking detective as her husband either! I love all the characters and Wendy didn't disappoint me with another good book. Can't wait till the next one!!
Susan-Gay Pelot
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wendy meadows is a delight.

I have enjoyed all her books. She keeps you coming back for more. To me she is a very entertaining writer. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Kathy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great cozy

I have loved this series from book one and I can't wait to see what happens next if you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series by Wendy Meadows is a must read.
Kathy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a fairly quick read and kept you guessing til the end. The characters are fun except for the one you love to hate. Love the beach setting.
Rhonda
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining story and characters. Hard to put down. Interesting and fun to follow the path this story takes. The interaction between characters and the story makes for good reading! Would recommend!

Barbara
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set aside most of a day for this family-friendly (except for wee ones) tale set at the Sheffield Bed and Breakfast in Sweetfern Harbor.

• Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Sand, Sea and a Skeleton (Dune House Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • The 12 Cozy Mystery Carols of Christmas
  • THE FINAL CURTAIN CALL (NORTHWEST COZY #11)
  • Thanksgiving by the Sea (Haunting by the Sea, #5)
  • Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)
  • Southampton Stalker (Cruise Ship Cozy Mysteries Book 17)
  • From Muffins to Murder (Sky High Pies Cozy Mysteries Book 34)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • SWEET ADDITIONS (SWEET COVE COZY MYSTER, #17)
  • The Mystery Before Christmas (Cat in the Attic, #2)
  • Turmoil in Savannah: A Made in Savannah Cozy Mystery (Made in Savannah Cozy Mysteries Series Book 13)
  • Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set One (Apple Orchard Cozy #1-3)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • The Haunted Wedding (A Lin Coffin Mystery #12)
  • With Killer Views (Flamingo Realty Mystery #6)
  • Creepy Cake Murder (A Bite-sized Bakery Cozy Mystery, #3)
Stay up-to-date with New Releases, Discounted Books, and Giveaways at: http://wendymeadows.com/cozy

USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Wendy Meadows is a passionate Cozy Mystery Author whose stories showcase witty women sleuths and engaging plots. To date, she has published dozens of books, which include her popular Sweetfern Harbor Series, Maple Hill Series, and Alaska Cozy Series, to name a few.

In a

Sweetfern Harbor Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Posies and Poison (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #1)
  • Dead in Bed (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #2)
  • Captain Dead Man (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #3)
  • Ghostly Tours (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #4)
  • Turkey, Pies and Alibis (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #5)
  • Mystery, Snow, and Mistletoe (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #6)
  • Festival Turmoil (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #7)
  • Scandal at the Gala (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #8)
  • The Elusive Wampum (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #9)
  • Chest of Secrets (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #10)