Start by marking “The Problem with Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
The Problem with Mistletoe

The Problem with Mistletoe

David Cooper did not believe in happily ever after—he thought he let his chance pass him by—between work, being a single father and planning a Christmas party for his mother’s charity his life is complicated enough. And then he has to ask Alex Capili, an old friend who just returned from the big city, to help run it. Spending weeks working closely together old feelings ...more
Published October 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Problem with Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Problem with Mistletoe

Start your review of The Problem with Mistletoe
Meep
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: promo-deals, dnf
DNF at 25%

Sadly this really didn't work for me, kept wondering what I'd missed. Long-term hurt with nothing to explain it. Some hints, there may yet be something - but it left me wondering how good a friend David was to not know anything was up with Alex. No concern for him, just me-me.

I'm fairly sure the set-up event changed in regards as whose event it was, as did some of the characters. David's mother went from tough/brave/buisness woman to first name basis and sniffling in a restuarant. It's
Mary Peters
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible Christmas Story

Wow! What an amazing read, I couldn't put down the book at all.

Troubled past catches up to the present, a big hurdle is overcome.

Without Spoilers, this is a story full of heartwarming moments, and heartbreaking, and even more heartwarming. Lots of emotions are felt, including pain, sorrow, regret, love, warmth, acceptance, relief, and so many more.

There's also a charity involved that relates to everyone deeply, and I'm really happy it was included.

This is by far one
Erik Van Linden
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so cosy and sweet. It made me happy reading it and I have never read anything like it I guess. I smiled a lot and teared up a few times when it made me remember how lonely being different can be.
It is such a page turner. The characters are real and likeable and so is the setting. But for me the book is carried by great dialogue writing. I am so happy to see a gay romance in a real normal world where there is acceptance and love in abundance. (Cosy and sweet remember?)
For me this is
T Paul
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first romantic Christmas story of this season and may I say what a fantastic first story it was, too. Our heroes, David and Alex, made the story fantastic. Their losing touch and reuniting was touching, the romantic build up was smoking and their final HEA was over the top. From beginning to end this book reeled me in and I was completely hooked. The holiday theme was an added bonus. Every character, even Zooey, brought life to the pages. This book embodies the perfect story, it has ...more
Shawna
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book for free, and while it is by no means perfect, what it IS, is a m/m holiday romance that could be adapted into a Hallmark movie tomorrow. Like, this feels like a spec script. It's 2.5 stars, but guess what? So are almost all Hallmark Christmas movies. They are fine. They fill the time and are marginally more entertaining that the yule log with carols channel.

You've got Alex, who moved to the big city to escape his father and chase his dreams. He comes back home to help with the
L H
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything better at Christmas time than for someone to get the gift of romance? Especially when David was not believing that it was possible to have a good date let alone find a lasting connection. Such a lovely reunion that turns out to be so much more than either Alex or David were expecting and carries us along with good feelings and not only good main characters but also an interesting supporting cast.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Caz Malpas
2.5 Stars, the storyline was good but in my opinion it didn’t flow and I found myself going back and re-reading sentences to try and make sense of them. It was one of those reads where you have to finish it and make yourself read it to the end, but it kind of uses up all your energy. Slow but not steady predictable Christmas romance.
Brenda Moser
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written Christmas romance with strong , well developed characters in David and Alex as well as the supporting characters. The author does a great job developing the story and bringing it to life with his detailed scenes as he reunites the two men. It's a touching,heartfelt story filled with drama as well as the romance.It moves quickly and fluidly and I was hooked from start to finish reading their story and would highly recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this
Carrie
Cute, but I kept questioning why David kept giving his stalkery colleague another chance instead of telling her to bugger off. I mean he was clear to her he didn't want to date her, but he kept inviting her over and going places with her.
Roger - president of NBR United -
David Cooper and Alex Capili are old friend who could have been lovers but for fear and Alex abusive father. I call this a secod chance at a love that never was realized. David is a single father to a curious and vital young boy. there is much angst in this a they keep bringing up the past. It take Eric, Davids son running away to make them snap out of their hurt and capture the love they always had for each other.
Sharon Sims
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a Great Story!!

I loved this book so much, I couldn't get
Enough!! So heartwarming and loving!!
I want more from Kyle Baxter!!
Debby
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love story

This absolutely the most adorable holiday read ever! David and Alex’s love story was incredibly sweet. The characters were well rounded and the storyline interesting and appealing.
Toni
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story felt like the author tried so hard to create some intrigue but instead just kept us in the dark about every character's past, which was just frustrating. Every single character had some secret thing going on and by the time the author revealed it all it wasn't dramatic, it was just a let down. I really wanted to like and care about the characters but I never really fell into the story. There was just so much going on and really nothing going on at the same time. I think better editing ...more
Kristin Grella
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book!

This was a great book. It drew me in from the very first page and I couldn't put it down. A heartwarming and loving Christmas story. I absolutely loved David and Alex and I didn't want their story to end. The secondary characters were awesome too. Hope to get more of these characters in future books. A job well done Mr. Baxter!!!
Elizabeth Read
Nov 24, 2019

• The Christmas Deal
  • Tallowwood
  • Rocket Science
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Saving the Super-man (Kazuki & Evan, #1)
  • Belkin Lake
  • The Walls of Troy
  • Savor Me (Kitchen Gods #3)
  • Cruising
  • Beautiful Dreamer (So This is Christmas #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Fall Through Spring (Winter Ball, #3)
  • Walking on Thin Ice (Ice and Snow Christmas, #1)
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
Kyle is an artist, playwright, and writer. As a playwright, Kyle has had his plays performed in New York at the NY International Fringe Festival, and the Midtown International Theater Festival. As an artist and illustrator, he has had his art exhibited in both New Orleans and New York.

Born in Hawaii, Kyle grew up in Erlangen, Germany, as well as Georgia and Texas. After stints in Louisiana and New