Start by marking “Mayflower 1620: A New Look at a Pilgrim Voyage” as Want to Read:

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Plimoth Plantation and the National Geographic Society come together to tell the true story behind the legendary voyage of the Mayflower. A meticulously researched work, Mayflower 1620 offers children a compelling, fresh account of this much-told story.

Vibrant photography of a rare reenactment using the Mayflower II leads readers imaginatively into the narrative. The vivi
Published October 1st 2003 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published October 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mayflower 1620, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayflower 1620

Barbara Bryant
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The photographs capture my imagination, and the text gives just enough detail to make me want to explore this important point of time in American history. Highly recommended for kids of any age. Like me!
Kathy Roderer
Nov 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful recent book about the Pilgrims and the 1620 Mayflower voyage. It is unique not only in its up to date perspective, but also because it uses photographs as illustrations. In 2001, using the Mayflower II, National Geographic and Plimoth Plantation sponsored a voyage from Plymouth to Boston. Scenes were re-created using costumed actors, and these photographs form the scenes shown in this book. The book also allows a sensitive depiction of the native people who had already lived ...more
Deanna
A nice book detailing the events of the voyage and the beginnings of Plimoth Plantation. Great pictures.
Luisa Knight
National Geographic presents the history of the Pilgrim's voyage from photos they took from a similar journey abroad the Mayflower II (which can actually be toured at Plymouth Rock). I found the book to be mostly historically accurate (slightly biased) and contained a good amount of information. I appreciated the photographs depicting what the ship and tasks abroad it would have looked like. Check this one out!

Ages: 6 - 11

#thanksgiving

Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports tha
Kate
I really do not like reading books like this aloud. But...
This is a fact-filled and up-to-date informational text about the voyage on the Mayflower. Photos of the Mayflower replica and Pilgrim reenacters from Plymouth Plantation sucked my kids right in. A found it fascinating but too challenging to read on his own. Great for shared reading if you have the patience and a fact loving child. Great non-fiction text and resource for upper elementary students.
Leslie
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mayflower 1620: A New Look at a Pilgrim Voyage

It is a good general information book about the Mayflower, with help from National Geographic Society. It is not an in depth treatise on the Mayflower but a good start, especially for those 1st learning about it.

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Incorporates the newest findings about the voyage to the New World.
Katie
good kid's book, but also has interesting info on the real "Pilgrims", debunking some of the mythology about the passengers and purpose of this voyage. Also, my nieces are in the photos.
Kayla
Jun 09, 2011 rated it liked it
tons of information and pictures, just a very dense read.
Catherine